Integration Manager RM Cash Receipts after 9.0 upgrade

Our cash receipts integration is running at 15% of the speed when we were on
version 7.5  (we upgraded to 9.0).

Due to our volume, we can no longer import all cash receipts in a 20 day
time frame, so we really need help!

No changes to our header or distribution file formats.  I have re-created
the integration from scratch, but that did not help.

All ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
--
Greg DeBacker

Do you have a SQL DBA?  You should have your DBA (or else your VAR) run
the standard optimizations and integrity checks against your company
database, and also Update Statistics and Recompile Stored Procs.  If
that doesn't help, you might want to drop and recreate the dex stored
procs and the indexes on the relevant tables.  It's possible that some
of your sprocs/indexes might have been lost during the upgrade, which
would cause pretty noticeable performance degradation.

Hope this helps,
-Dan Rochman

DeBacker (donotspam) wrote:
> Our cash receipts integration is running at 15% of the speed when we were on
> version 7.5  (we upgraded to 9.0).
>
> Due to our volume, we can no longer import all cash receipts in a 20 day
> time frame, so we really need help!
>
> No changes to our header or distribution file formats.  I have re-created
> the integration from scratch, but that did not help.
>
> All ideas are greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
> --
> Greg DeBacker

Our DBA has run the optimizations, etc., but cash receipt integrations are
still around 15% of pre-migration speed.

Our invoice integrations are running at normal speed.

This has stumped our DBA and our VAR, and will affect our month end close,
so I would really appreciate any and all ideas.

Otherwise, my next post may be related to job openings.

Thanks,
Greg
--
Greg DeBacker

"Dan Rochman" wrote:

> Do you have a SQL DBA?  You should have your DBA (or else your VAR) run
> the standard optimizations and integrity checks against your company
> database, and also Update Statistics and Recompile Stored Procs.  If
> that doesn't help, you might want to drop and recreate the dex stored
> procs and the indexes on the relevant tables.  It's possible that some
> of your sprocs/indexes might have been lost during the upgrade, which
> would cause pretty noticeable performance degradation.
>
> Hope this helps,
> -Dan Rochman
>

> DeBacker (donotspam) wrote:
> > Our cash receipts integration is running at 15% of the speed when we were on
> > version 7.5  (we upgraded to 9.0).
> >
> > Due to our volume, we can no longer import all cash receipts in a 20 day
> > time frame, so we really need help!
> >
> > No changes to our header or distribution file formats.  I have re-created
> > the integration from scratch, but that did not help.
> >
> > All ideas are greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thank you,
> > --
> > Greg DeBacker

upgrading from Money 2003 to 2004
I presently use Money 2003 Deluxe for business. Has anyone figured out which 2004 is the equivalent? Has anyone upgraded from one to the other? Help! Thanks I would also like to know about the new 2004 for business. What happens to personal account in Money 2003? What about online Check writing, will my existing account be carried over. Why is the documentation of this new product, Money 2004 for business, on Microsoft Web Site so poor? "Andrew" <asjg@adauro.com> wrote in message news:020601c35e7c$fa0d30f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I presently use Money 2003 Deluxe for...

upgrading the OS on Exch2003 box
I have successfully upgraded Exch2000 to 2003. The OS is still Windows 2000 Server. Now I'm ready to upgrade that box to Windows Server 2003. Is there anything special I should note before upgrading, or is there a specific document which addresses any known method or problems ? thanks chrism "chrism" <chris@no_spam> wrote: >I have successfully upgraded Exch2000 to 2003. >The OS is still Windows 2000 Server. > >Now I'm ready to upgrade that box to Windows Server 2003. > >Is there anything special I should note before upgrading, or is there >a...

Upgrading
I want to upgrade from Microsoft Money Financial Suite OEM Edition Version 11.0 to latest version but on trying to open the money file in Microsoft Money 2007 I get the following error message: File was created by an incompatible version Question 1: As the old version was pre-loaded into the Computer when I bought it in India, I don't know which country US/Canada/UK/Australia this software belongs to. So how can I confirm which country is it for? Question 2: And, how can I upgrade it to a version of Money from US or UK. -- Kapil ...

CRM 4.0 External Connector
Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? Cheers, Mandy. "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF297AE0-9446-46CB-91FA-CFF19A65F1DF@microsoft.com... > Can anyone point me to CRM 4.0 External Connector installation guide? The external connector is a license so nothing you need to install. -- Robert MacLean http://www.sadev.co.za thanks for update. would you know if there's any specs on how it integrates with crm? "Robert MacLean" wrote: > "Mandy" <Mandy@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Outlook and Windows Integrated Authentication
Hello All, Does anyone know if Outlook (not OWA) can use Windows Integrated Authentication (like IE) to automatically log onto Intranet Web sites to retrieve graphics in HTML messages? Right now we get a logon dialog and have to manually log in. Thanks. if you paste the url into a browser, does it work as desired? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Cannot send delivery receipts
I have an Exchange server 2003. While I am able to send non-delivery reports (NDR) and read receipts, I am unable to send delivery receipts. That is not exactly correct. I can send delivery receipts to email addresses from within my domain, if the email orginates from within my domain. When the email originates from outside of my domain, there is no delivery report sent, or at least received. In the Exchange System Manager, under Global Settings, the default properties under the advanced tab for the Internet Message Formats is set to allow delivery reports. In the Internet Mail SMTP Conn...

Task Manager window only CPU
Vista Ultimate SP2 When I launch Windows Task Manager, only a CPU meter opens. When I right click icon in task bar, I only get Close & Always on top options. How do I restore task manager? Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Double click on the white frame of the task manager window. That should do it. -- whs THX - it worked Happy New Year -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net "whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message news:89eee91dbeee8173c55e0008be25b622@nntp-gateway....

Purchase Order 2.0.0127
Am I the only one having issues with the upgrade? 1) I create a purchase order 2) I click on add item 3) I type in the supplier ILC, and nothing comes up (ONLY on some items)! 4) I click on all items, and find the item, and add it! 5) When I click on OK the item is added to the purchase order, along with the supplier ILC! OR When I click on all items, even though the item may be in the database, I can't find it to add to the PO, unless I close out the PO and re-open it??? This started happening only since I upgraded the the 2.0.0127! -- Thank You Vince :) -- Thank You Vince :) Yes...

Managing Incomplete Purchase Orders
What should we do when we receive a purchasse order and not all products were received? Here is how we are set up. All products are marked as "allow backorder". We have this set up this way so we cna special order a product if needed. However, the vendors do no backorder. If a product isn't shipped, we need to backorder. The problem occurs after we receive (as shipment/invoice). The unreceived items on the PO remain open. Since we use Purchase Order Generator, the items are not reordered because they are still "on order" in the system. What are we supposed to ...

RMS 2.0 matrix dimensions are annoying, but help is available
For reasons I don't understand, MS saw fit in RMS 2.0 to use dimensions data for matrix components that is far less accessible to users than Sub Descriptions are. For instance, I can't edit assign a dimension value to an existing item I have added to a matrix. I can't see a reason for using Dimensions with limitations like this as using Sub Descs. to describe matrix "dimensions" worked fine previously. Does anyone know why MS did this? It's annoying! Digital Retail Solutions (DRS) has a product called Power Ops (Build 2.2.0003). It's help file mentions (se...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

Misc. cash receipts
For misc. cash receipts (cash receipts, such as refunds, that don't go on any customer's account), we have set up a dummy customer. Then we must make a dummy invoice for that customer with the appropriate G/L account distributions, and then we can enter the cash receipt and apply it against that invoice. This seems cumbersome. Anyone have a better method? Thank you. Are you using the Bank Rec module? If so, you can use Bank Transaction | Enter Receipt to do enter misc. cash receipts. Then they would show up to be deposited just like checks received from customers. If you a...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Cannot publish or export in Deployment Manager
When I click on "Publish Customization" or "Export Customization" I get an error: Runtime Error! Program: C:\windows\system32\mmc.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? What can be causing this, it was working before? Thanks in advance, Bilge Gul ...

Integrity Problems in PivotTables
Hi All, I have used this workbook for some time and it appears the same as many others I use, but lately after opening it a couple of times I receive an error message that - 1, "Cannot read file", followed by 2, all my pivotTables lose functionality "Due to Integrity Problems" and I have to reset all the ranges again. I am using 2003 version and the range in question for the first table is in another workbook on the server. TIA Roger. Hi Roger, (reply in excel.misc) I don't have Excel 2003, but you might double check the several pa...

Cash Flow and Debt Planner
I rely on the cash flow report to tell me what I can and cannot buy in the next coming months. I have setup my credit cards and projected spending in the debt planner. However, when I go bills summary and cash flow forecast it only shows the current months payment due not the projected payments. Is there a way to have the cash flow forcast show the projected spend amounts as they are setup in the debt planner? Sorry no - Cash Flow only shows the next occurrence of a bill. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ ...

Help with my upgrade path.
We have to accomplish two things. 1. Moving the CRM server to a new machine 2. Upgrading our system to 1.2 What is the best order for this? Jake, I'm not sure it really matters which one you do first, as long as you test each step before moving on to the next. I would probably recommend installing the other server first though. That way, you will have the v1.0 server available if you run into problems with the upgrade. (Granted, it won't funciton if the DB was already upgraded, but will be there for reference). Matt "Jake Horn" <jhorn@order4chaos.com> wrote ...

Email Integration
Hello, I am a CRM 4.0 user and using router for both incoming and outgoing. The incoming uses forward mailbox and outgoing uses SMTP. No user is using outlook client for CRM. I need help in better understanding the following scenario: The e-mail gets initiated from CRM. It reaches the CRM external contact (even though in CRM e-mail the status is pending). Why is this happening? The CRM external contact replies to this e-mail and it reaches back to CRM user. This CRM user now uses outlook (with no crm client) to reply to this e-mail, no update happens in contact's CRM history. My ...

administrator denied access to system manager
done a nice silly thing, accidentally changed the permissions on the administrator account to deny full access in the exchange organisation. i used the reg hack to access the security tab. i know that's why it's hidden to prevent things like this, so please dont remind me ;) thing is, although i can do most things from another admin account, i cant get access to that security tab, even with the reg hack for that user. so i cant undo the damage. is there any way or removing those permissions using another tool? i cant add the other amin account to the delegation wizard, it says...

Why upgrade SBS2003 to R2?
I have a customer who is interested in upgrading his SBS 2003 to R2, and from browsing the product website I can't find a generally compelling reason to do so besides the larger mailbox sizes. Does anyone know of any real advantage to the upgrade? Thanks! Even the mailbox (really store) size isn't compelling since you get that with Exchange SP2 installed on the current server-you should have already done that anyway and have a 75 GB max store size. "EHIT_MP" <EHIT_MP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C478F124-4EF9-4901-B8C4-3439F860...

MS CRM 3.0 - Availability of User for Assignment
Hello All, I am having this unusal requirement. I am having 3 Businsss Units with its User base. I have set Roles for all the Users from All the BU such that they can view/read Users from their own Business Units. So whenever User assigns the record they can assign it to any User withing their BU. However I have requirement where a specific User can be assinged to the record by Users in any BU. This user can be in any BU (it can have its own BU also). So special Incidents can be assigned to this Special User by Users in any BU. How to achieve this by Roles configuration? I tried all...

Error when tracking in CRM 3.0
I have a user who is having a problem whenever they are attempting to track an email in CRM using the outlook client. When they open up and email the Track in CRM buttons at the top appear to be greyed out and can not be used. If you are in the main screen of outlook the Track in CRM button is available and you can select it but it will return an error. The error message comes up as an error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. I have several other users who are configured the same way and have no problem tracking emails whatsoever. Check in tool, rules and see if you have ...