Integration Manager Progress/Status

GP10.

When we run IM, the entire Progress section does not update until the
process is stopped or completes.  Is there a switch that I am missing in
dex.ini or one of the config files?

Thanks,
0
ADGP (2)

The amount of progress depends upon the source data. If you have one
transaction with a thousand rows or two rows, it's still regarded as one
transaction so you can either be 0% or 100% complete. If you break that
thousand row item into 500 two-row transactions, then you should be able to
see progress. But, of course, the latter may not be possible. However, the
concept may explain your lack of progress indicators.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"ADGP" wrote:

> GP10.
>
> When we run IM, the entire Progress section does not update until the
> process is stopped or completes.  Is there a switch that I am missing in
> dex.ini or one of the config files?
>
> Thanks,
0
callen (2505)
5/5/2008 10:34:00 PM
Charles,

Thank you for your response.

This update is taking place on a production server GP10.  We were actually
running an insert that we have been testing on a cloned test environ.  The
test box runs fine and the progress (rows completed, errors, estimated time)
shows a running status.  The process is actually inserting from 2 to 1 table
around 300k records, so the status method should be able to return some data
to the UI.

On a side note, and this absolutely does not mean that it is a solved issue;
after rebooting the prod server, the progress functionality returned.

Any further input would be very helpful.

Thanks,

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> The amount of progress depends upon the source data. If you have one
> transaction with a thousand rows or two rows, it's still regarded as one
> transaction so you can either be 0% or 100% complete. If you break that
> thousand row item into 500 two-row transactions, then you should be able to
> see progress. But, of course, the latter may not be possible. However, the
> concept may explain your lack of progress indicators.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "ADGP" wrote:
>
> > GP10.
> >
> > When we run IM, the entire Progress section does not update until the
> > process is stopped or completes.  Is there a switch that I am missing in
> > dex.ini or one of the config files?
> >
> > Thanks,
0
ADGP (2)
5/6/2008 1:14:00 PM
ADGP,

Apply IM v10 SP1.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"ADGP" wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Thank you for your response.
>
> This update is taking place on a production server GP10.  We were actually
> running an insert that we have been testing on a cloned test environ.  The
> test box runs fine and the progress (rows completed, errors, estimated time)
> shows a running status.  The process is actually inserting from 2 to 1 table
> around 300k records, so the status method should be able to return some data
> to the UI.
>
> On a side note, and this absolutely does not mean that it is a solved issue;
> after rebooting the prod server, the progress functionality returned.
>
> Any further input would be very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > The amount of progress depends upon the source data. If you have one
> > transaction with a thousand rows or two rows, it's still regarded as one
> > transaction so you can either be 0% or 100% complete. If you break that
> > thousand row item into 500 two-row transactions, then you should be able to
> > see progress. But, of course, the latter may not be possible. However, the
> > concept may explain your lack of progress indicators.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "ADGP" wrote:
> >
> > > GP10.
> > >
> > > When we run IM, the entire Progress section does not update until the
> > > process is stopped or completes.  Is there a switch that I am missing in
> > > dex.ini or one of the config files?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

How to integrate cells from different .xls into one consolidation
Hello! I'm in a hury! I want to extract e.g. all the A1 cells from different .xls files and see these cells one after the other in e.g. the column A (A1,A2,etc.) in a different xls "consolidation" file. I also want to repeat this operation with other cells, e.g. B3, from de same files and see these cells in the column, e.g. H (H1,H2, etc) in the same consolidation file. I don't no much about macro and VB, so the easiest solution would be very appreciate. Thanks in advance. Hi data / consolidate is a useful tool for this sort of thing ... you have to select each ran...

Integration Manager 10.0 Error: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi, Any body have any solution for the Integration Manager for MS Dynamics GP 10.0. I'm receiving an Error when i run Integration Manager Error Message: The Destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I find a hot fix on Microsoft site, HotFix contains only one DLL file and Readme file After applying the hotfix by replacing the DLL Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrantionManager.cbomcommon.dll the Error changed to 'Registration Keys Expired' I did not entered any registration keys Yet. Try the following: 1....

How do I add a Server within Exchange System Manager
Hello, We are using other software to collect our emails at present and I am wanting to change over to Exchange 2003 as it is installed on the server anyway. I had to remove the server from within Exchange System Manager as it was the wrong name. What I would very much like to know is how do I add the server again with the right name. If I have to re-install Exchange how do I do that within SBS 2003. Thank you for your help. Gareth Typically you have to re-install exchange. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q194810/ "Gareth" <gareth_bannister@wenham.co.uk> w...

send/receive progress icon. . .
what is the thumbtack icon on the bottom right of the send/receive progress window in outlook? what does it do when depressed? thanx- m marc <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > what is the thumbtack icon on the bottom right of the > send/receive progress window in outlook? what does it do > when depressed? > thanx- > m It caused the progress box to remain on the screen even after the send/receive is finished. -- Brian Tillman ...

looking for Human Resources integration with GP
id liek to get some integration with an HR module. I already looked at Dynamics HR module and it is clumsy and not very useful for us. what HR modules/programs are being used by Dynamics GP customers. Any recommendations. thanks very much for your time ...

Enterprise Leave Manager
Hi - I am looking for anyone who has implemented Enterprise Leave manager who would be able to give me their opinion of the product and maybe how it compares to GreenShades. ...

Archiving emails using Exchange Manager
I have archiving set up on Exchange manager and emails and emails are archived to a mail archive mailbox. Does anybody know how this works i.e does it include all of the mailbox including subfolders, do emails have to enter Inbox first and how do rules affect emails. Thanks Eilish ...

Outlook Status bar
In Outlook 2000 the status bar showed the total number of messages in the ibox as well as the number of unread messages in the inbox. Outlook 2003 only shows the total number of messages in the inbox on the status bar. Is there anyway to get the status bar to show the number of unread messages as well? Thanks, Jeff Nope, just look next to the folder; it's there in blue -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

How Dexterity interacts with source-safe manager
I want to know how would Dexterity 80 interact with any source safe product. -- avalara Tech. It doesn't. It only interacts with Microsoft VSS natively. Or you can write the files to a folder on your HD. From there, you can of course check them into any source safe product of your choice but that would be a manual process. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Animesh Gupta" <animesh1001@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38AA85C3-06A0-455F-B300-1D1DF0A9838D@microsoft.com... > I w...

Integrate Ericsson Call Center Client into Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hi! the call center client application have API in COM Object (build in C++), all the call features and fucntion can call from the API, i have no idea's on how to integrate this com object into the CRM Client so that when have an incoming service call, the CRM client will pop up the call case window and the user also able to answer or hang up the call from the CRM client interface. i have study the CRM SDK but still can find the solution. Appriciate can give me some clues to start. Thanks! ...

Editing Status.htm

RMS GP Integration
I have RMS server on it SQL 2000 And MS Dynamics GP server on it SQL 2005 I need to make clustering using the two servers and just install SQL 2005 engine So can i use SQL 2005 engine with RMS (Store & HQ) DB? If I can ,from where can i get the MSDE 2005 to install on the stores? And is it recommended to make RMS & GP on the same server? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04E6_01C6CAFA.7D909560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Eng, 1.3.1002 (1.3R) or higher is the version of RMS you w...

Exchange System Manager Error c103b402
Since I have made one more web site on IIS and put Host Headers to resolve to which web site request is made, I have this error when I try to access Public Folder three in Exchange System Manager. In MS KnowledgeBase I found this article: KB325923 - You Cannot Expand Public Folders Through Exchange System Manager All my set-up is the same as they state in this article, but Exchange Manager is still not able to access the folder. Any thoughts? Thank you, Vladimir In that article they say: This issue may occur if all of the following conditions are true: - There are multiple Web sites (...

Anyone get a Silverlight application to run in the Status Screen
I cannot get it to work. The friendly message of "This program cannot display the webpage" always appears when I add the silverlight app to the page. I turned off friendly messages in IE but that does not seem to change the message presented by store operations. Thanks KB ...

Investment Toolbox Integration with Money
Hello, Money 2004. I was wondering exactly what the MSN Investment Toolbox is. The site mentioned, before I downloaded it, that you could track your portfolio with the toolbox. It also said that it included a screener and advanced charting. I already handle my investment accounts in Money of course Money doesn't have a stock screener, so the toolbox looked like something I would want. When I downloaded the software and went on to use the site (at this address: http://moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/webquote.dll?ipage=pmx), it looked an awful lot like the Portfolio area of Money. I gu...

Integration Manager and the GL
Hi. I need to use IM to get GL Transactions into GP. I plan to use the SQL Optimized Adapter because each upload will contain many rows. I see that the required fields are: BatchID Transaction Type Reference Account Number Debit Amount Credit Amount I have two questions. (1) What are the optional fields? They aren't listed in my document. (2) The sample text input files I was able to find don't seem to be structured like this. Maybe I haven't got the right ones. Does anyone have them or can you tell me their names? -- Thanks! QT OK--so I found the optional fields ...

Any phone dialers that integrate with Outlook?
I want one program (is this called Contact Management?) where I can contact people by clicking an email link, IM (Skype, MSN, Yahoo) and most importantly phone dialing. In the same place I can click their email address I want to be able to click their phone number and have it dial. I will hear the dialing on my computer speakers because its using a phone modem (is USB best?). When they pick up I should be able to talk to them with the phone modem through the computer mic. If this isn't possible I'll have to pick up the phone and hang up the computer connection - not a...

How can I let Senior Management post emergency messages?
We'd like to let some non-technical senior management people post emergency messages on our intranet front page. I do not want to give them the privileges necessary to edit the page since they could do some harm. My first thought is to have a content editor web part that uses a text file as its source but I can't see how they can even upload a text file into a library without having contribute rights to the site. I tried creating a library and giving contribute rights just to that library, but the user can't access the library (no View All Site Content option). Any id...

Picture Manager: How do I email pictures with pix title and not n
I understand how to email pictures in Microsoft Picture Manager. I often like to have the pictures appear in the body of the email rather than as attachments. It makes for an easy quick read by the recipients. I also like to enter a title for the picture, e.g., "Tom and Sally swimming," which MSPM allows me to do. I want to enter each title once, on my file copy of the picture, and I want the email recipient(s) to see the same title without my having to re-type it. But when an email is created, MSPM automatically places the rather useless "name" of the pi...

Integrated POS/Financial Systems
Does anyone know any other POS systems that are tightly integrated with a financial system. I am ready to give up on Microsoft. They talk a great talk, but seem to not deliver. I am in a huge need of my systems being tightly integrated to save me time and double entry. Please tell me something is out there, because I can't wait anymore. I think Quickbooks POS and Quickbooks Accounting Software may be a viable solution untill Microsoft Iorns out its products. I will give it a try, I am downloading the trial version now. "Nick" wrote: > I think Quickbooks POS and Qu...

eTech and Manage Assist in Field Service
There are the eTech product and Manage Assist products in Great Plains 8. Do these products continue in Great Plains version 9 and 10? Can you provide more details? Also, I dont see Manage Assist on the price list - does it come included with Service Call Management? Thank you. Hi Jack, Manager Assist has become a discontinued product for the Feild Service Module. There is a new module that was developed by IBIS Inc. Called Enterprise Scheduler that works much better with Great Plains. I beleive that the eTech component of Fieldservice is now part of Business Portal. Thanks Do...

collection management #2
We want to print letters for all customers that have invoices over 90 days. The only letter options are the mail merge letters which you can only edit through report writer. Is it possible to add a letter function through the report writer like the one below? @%CollectorSignature,SIG1%@ We are using GP 8 thanks Scott It sounds like a job for MS Word mail merge, not Report Writer. The letter with merge fields would be created in MS Word (or modify the template provided in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Letters\Collection). Then use the Letter Writing Assistant (Reports >&...

Systems Manager Error
Hello, When I am in the ESM and try to access a public folder I get an error message: *************** The Object is no longer available. Press F5 to refresh the display, and then try again. ID no: 80040E19 Exchange System Manager *************** Its my understanding that the ESM relies on the Exadmin virtual directory (serviced by the default web site on IIS) for information regarding the public folders. Well, a colleague deleted the default web site and I'm sure that's why I am getting the error message. What I would like to know is how to re-establish the virtual direct...

Integrating MS CRM with Commerce Server
As the subject suggests.. we are currently in the middle of implementing a MS Commerce Server based product catalog. We are also evaluating various CRM products and was wondering if there was any information out there about integrating Microsoft CRM with Microsoft Commerce Server 2002. Any user experiences, or any links to case studies would be very helpful. Thanks.. Kinda ironic, I'm in the middle of a similar project, though our catalog usage is a little unusual. You really need to figure out what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to use the CRM objects that typically use...

portfolio manager not updating all investments
Last week I set up online updates with my brokers. Everything went fine, but now one of my broker accounts does not give current price when I update prices in portfolio manager. I get zero in last price for both stocks and mutual funds. I am using microsoft money plus. How can I fix this. In microsoft.public.money, richard wrote: >Last week I set up online updates with my brokers. Everything went fine, but >now one of my broker accounts does not give current price when I update >prices in portfolio manager. I get zero in last price for both stocks and >mutual funds. I am ...