Integration Manager imports

Hi all
I have a legacy data import file, which I've imported into a SQL table, that
is at a detailed level. The batch for Dynamics needs to at a summarised
level, this I have done as a SQL query.

Which leads me to the question...

As each posting type has an opposite contra amount against a different
account, what is the best way to setup an Integration?

Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get my head around verifying the
import process.

Cheers
0
Charl1 (4)

What type of integration would this be ie payables trans, receivables, GL or
Bank?

"Charl" wrote:

> Hi all
> I have a legacy data import file, which I've imported into a SQL table, that
> is at a detailed level. The batch for Dynamics needs to at a summarised
> level, this I have done as a SQL query.
>
> Which leads me to the question...
>
> As each posting type has an opposite contra amount against a different
> account, what is the best way to setup an Integration?
>
> Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get my head around verifying the
> import process.
>
> Cheers
0
Luvsql (265)
2/15/2005 9:25:03 PM
Hi luvsql

Ahh good point! This is for a GL integration, all the transactions go
through as a GJ posting with a source doc of IMP.

Cheers

"Luvsql" wrote:

> What type of integration would this be ie payables trans, receivables, GL or
> Bank?
>
> "Charl" wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> > I have a legacy data import file, which I've imported into a SQL table, that
> > is at a detailed level. The batch for Dynamics needs to at a summarised
> > level, this I have done as a SQL query.
> >
> > Which leads me to the question...
> >
> > As each posting type has an opposite contra amount against a different
> > account, what is the best way to setup an Integration?
> >
> > Sorry for the rambling, just trying to get my head around verifying the
> > import process.
> >
> > Cheers
0
Charl1 (4)

Provide a better upgrade path with Business Contact Manager
Hi, my suggestion is to provide a better upgrade path between Business Contact Manager and MS CRM. Small business owners that use BCM will want to upgrade to CRM as they grow. Looking at the blogs and postings, there seems to be a lot of problems migrating data from one to the other. I thought it would be great if I could just drag and drop a contact from BCM to the leads folder or contacts folder and have it add a record automatically. I was able to use the data migration tool to get my accounts to migrate over but not my leads and even so, not all of the information came through such ...

How do I import data into Excel that exceeds 70000 rows?
I have a data set that consists of approximately 235,000 rows. How do I import 65000 rows into an Excel spreadsheet and then the next set of 65000 rows into a second Excel spreadsheet and so on and be sure that I'm not importing rows from the previous spreadsheet into the new spreadsheets? Claudia, see if this will help, http://redirx.com/?334z -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Claudia Phelps" <Clau...

Automation with #import
. This article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q196/7/76.ASP&NoWebContent=1,1 says that #import is often not recommended because of reference- counting problems that typically occur when used with the Microsoft Office applications. I want to know more about this problem before continuing to use this way - can anybody help? ...

Importing Message Archival
Hello everyone, I have turned on the message archival under IMS logging to for the purpose of backup. I can open these file with notepad for administrative purposes, but what I really need to do is to import these into a mail box or a pst file so I can read them using outlook. Any input is welcome, Thanks. Calvin wrote: > Hello everyone, > > I have turned on the message archival under IMS logging to for the purpose > of backup. I can open these file with notepad for administrative purposes, > but what I really need to do is to import these into a mail box or a pst >...

Email Management...
Quite unrelated to my previous post. In another location I have users that have tons of email stored on the server. For 5 users their's over 4 gigs of mail on the server. I told all of them to offload the email to .PST folders and the server shows a reduction in mailbox usage of over 3 gigs but the disk space on the drive has not changed. Any idea how I can reclaim that disk space? It's very precious as the drive is at 90% or more of capacity and those gigs would really help. Thanks, Rex Buy more disks (or larger ones). It is more efficient to have Exchange store the mail th...

Realtek sound manager works but no other sound device will work
After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound problems The Realtek sound effects manager works, passes all tests I get sound during tests but no sound player will work. Sounds and audio devices icon info says no audio device installed. I have downloaded and installed all the Intel D925xcv on board drivers, device manager shows all sound devices working I tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers that did not help. I went through all the troubleshooting no help. Blaine wrote: > After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound > problems >...

Business Contact Manager - Doesn't Play Well With Outlook
I had all thoughts of using Business Contact Manager with MS Small Business Accounting and went through all the setup to move my business contacts to the Business Contacts Folder and create Accounts, etc. In theory, I can see how this would work on the accounting side, but in the practical world, I lose a lot of functionality for everyday things I use. Here are the issues: 1. I always put "FAX" in front of the fax number so the fax is not listed in the address book or email options in the email address fields. This doesn't appear to work in the Business folder. 2. Sync...

Fixed Assets Account Group Integration Manager
After a recent upgrade to GP 10, the Fixed Assets integration for general records created accounts using the same accounts for all items. After comparing IM 9.0 to IM 10.0, I noticed the account group ID field was no longer in Destination Mapping. I then found KB 971836 that mentions the account group ID field can no longer be mapped in IM and they recommend using the company setup or class ID setup to assign default account group IDs. Unfortunately for my client this is not a realistic mapping b/c their chart is structured to be specific to a location and our Asset classes are n...

How import data???????
Hi my name is Edson, and I need impor data to new entity create for my, named participante. The infomation is in SQL SERVER. I try with DMP but the CDF haven=B4t my entity.. How can I make it??? If I need some software when can I download??? THAKS ...

How do I import content from one PowerPoint template into another
Frequently the company I work for changes our basic template design. It is such a pain to copy and paste from one template into another template. There has to be an easier way. If so, I would really appreciate your help. Yes there is - what version do you use? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Squaretooth" <Squaretooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47FB91CB-8DB0-4681-B4EB-38BB8AB81D6B@microsoft.com... > Frequently the company I work for changes our basic template design. It i...

National Accounts with Integration Manager RM Cash Receipts
We would like the option to flag a RM Cash Receipt as a National Account within Integration Manager. With this option we would like the auto apply to work for National Accounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

How do I stop Facebook importing birthdays into Outlook 2007
Just now I got a HUGE long list of overdue appointments pop up. All of them are people's birthdays and all are from Facebook. In one instance alone, a friend has his birthday listed 4 times. How can I stop Facebook sending this info to Outlook? It's really starting to annoy me, now. Hi Marts, Have you installed any Facebook addins to your Outlook 2007? Try blocking them in Outlook options. Marts wrote: > Just now I got a HUGE long list of overdue appointments pop up. All of them are > people's birthdays and all are from Facebook. > > In one instance alone, a f...

Bulk Import Activities stuck at Pending
Ok, I'm playing around with 3.0, and have tried Bulk Loading a .csv file of leads into the system. I walked through the import wizard, got to a success screen that said this would be added as a pending activity. I go to Workplace, Activities, and do a find on Type "Bulk Import". I see the file name, and the Status Reason says "Pending". Any ideas on how I bump it along to actually do the import? What part of the documentation am I missing? Thanks, James I've run into the same problem in our installation. Have you received an answer yet? David "...

Managing calendars in Outlook
Following helpful advice in February I have a new, related problem. I have an iPaq which I would like to synchronise with my work diary. I have done this by exporting my work diary from my ork computer onto a memory stick as a ..pst file, importing the diary into Outlook on my home computer then synchronising my iPaq with the home computer. (I am not allowed to download the iPaq synchronisation software on my work computer.) Despite advice not to import, this worked well up until a week or so ago. I now find that I cannot import from the memory stick onto my home computer - I get a ...

Import external data from Access query with Variable
Hello - I have been able to record a macro where I can change the "inventory.Area" from US006 to US007. I would like to be able to make the area a variable and pick up the area code from within a spreadsheet. For example, I am doing reporting for 10 areas and would like to have one template that pulls in the data from Access for one area, saves the file, goes to the next area, pulls in that data from Access and so on. But I cannot figure out how to make the area in the VBcode below a variable. Any help would be appreciated. Sub Macro3() With Selection.QueryT...

Can Lookup Attributes be Updated using CRM 4.0 Data Import?
I wrote some code that uses the CRM 4.0 Data Import functionality to process files that create and update data for custom entities I have created. It was confusing to figure out because of the sparse documentation but it seemed to be working nicely until I noticed that when ImportModeCode is Update the entity attributes that are Lookups don't seem to be getting updated. For example, I created a custom entity named new_lease that has a new_territoryid lookup attribute that looks up it's data from the territory entity. The code populates the new_territoryid value when importing leases...

how do I import custom Excel buttons?
I just got a new computer at work. I had several custom-made buttons assigned to macros on the old computer. I have successfully moved the macros over, but I can't find where the custom buttons are saved, or how to import them. Is it the same version of excel? If yes, then you may get lucky by just copying your *.xlb file to your new pc. I like to modify a toolbar to find the correct *.xlb (both on the old and new pc). Then use windows start button|search to get the correct location for both the "sending" and "receiving" pcs. Remember if you have macros assign...

Requisition Management in Business Portal
I'm receiving this error message when trying to create a purchase requisition in Microsoft Business Portal (GP10). I'm using I.E.7. I tried registering all the DLLs mentioned in kb article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679 and received some error messages for the following dlls mshtml.dll - The file cannot be registered "entry point not found" browseui.dll - Module couldn not be found After this, I tried registering the mbfwebBehaviors.dll (first I dropped it into the i386 and system32 folders) , I got the following message : Load library ("mbfwebBehavio...

Importing Campaign Responses: Error in data match
Hi! I'm trying to import campaign responses into CRM 3.0. The responses I am trying to import, are accounts, but everytime I try to import the responses the import fails. The error message I get is: "data in row did not match the import type". I have checked around the group for other people who have the same issue, and some people have suggested it is related to the accountID/GUID. So, I tried importing the responses using the accountid in place of the customer name, but that didn't work either. Just to be sure, the accountid looks like a hash between some "{}". W...

file integrity concerns...
Hi, My dad works with Access trying to get in order something over 2000 records. He prefers to work with a table directly. In any case, he is apprehensive, in that he seems to think that records are disappearing or getting scrambled on him. You don't need to get to specific, yet we are wondering what file integrity processes are being used to insure the such an event, particularly when stopping/saving, and restarting things is caught should it occur? Is there something in the order of a signature or error checking key for each record, or possibly even each field? I'm alm...

need to remove the cycle of import tasks in team member side
In project server 2007 we have timesheet entry workflow. which is Team Member --> TimeSheet Manager -----> Team Member (which import tasks and then submit again to Project Manager) Our company needs that team member dont need to import tasks . when he submit to timesheet manager then Timesheet manager approve and import tasks and then sent to project manager. company dont want the team member import and sent to project manager . how to remove this cycle . Kindly reply me soon Sam -- There is no default way in Project Server 2007 to meet your reporting requirements. ...

Sales Transaction Integration / Default Account Codes
I have several sales transaction integrations. The sales distribution account is in the source file, and I have "Use Source Recordset" selected in the mapping options. However, when the transactions are viewed in Dynamics, the default sales account codes are displayed--not the account codes from the source file. How can I fix this? Thank you in advance, Caroline PS: The account codes are correct except for the state segment (state where inventory derived) and location segment (actual facility where inventory is produced). But the inventory does not always come from the ...

jet database error when importing external txt data
Hello With MS Access 2002 (10.4302.4219) SP-2 and an opened Access2002 Format file, I can't import a fixed width text data file into a DB. Every time I try, I receive the error message "the microsoft jet database engine could not find the object ". Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly" and then another window saying "An error occured trying to import file '......filename.txt' The file was not imported." Any idea ? Best regards. ...

Business contact manager
I just upgraded to Office 2003, outlook 2003, and I am looking for Business contact manager. Where is it located. Nothing was installed when I took the option of a Complete install. I have exchange 2000, and server 2000, and we would like to review Business Contact Manager, instead of using a different product. This product seems to be a good place for us start out with, and what my sales managers of 2 people would like to have, and my sales department of 12 people would really work with since they all know outlook. What version of Office did you get and where did you get it? Do y...

Custom Configuration management for app.Config
Hi, I created a custom Section handler using System.configuration for Web application to read from Web.Config File. If I want to use the same handler to read from app.config file: app.config is not interpreted as XML file, & the code breaks. Here is the sample of the logic. For Each node In section.ChildNodes For Each element In node.ChildNodes elementKey = element.GetAttribute("key") elementValue = element.GetAttribute("value") Next Next Kindly let me know how to use the same custom handler to read from web.config...