Integration Manager 9.0

We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM
simply stopped working.  WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to
95-100%.  The integration just hangs.  You can not even End Task with Task
Manager.  I tried on two other machines ... same results.  My understanding
is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or
honest about this.

In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved.  Any help is
greatly appreciated.
0
MikeW (46)

How far did you upgrade?  Ver 9 or V9 with SP1?   Also, what kind of
integration is hanging?  SOP orders, Customers, Vendors?????

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"MikeW" wrote:

> We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM
> simply stopped working.  WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to
> 95-100%.  The integration just hangs.  You can not even End Task with Task
> Manager.  I tried on two other machines ... same results.  My understanding
> is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or
> honest about this.
>
> In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved.  Any help is
> greatly appreciated.
0
info4071 (3004)
10/5/2006 2:00:01 AM
Richard,

It is SP1.  It is an inventory transaction.

"Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:

> How far did you upgrade?  Ver 9 or V9 with SP1?   Also, what kind of
> integration is hanging?  SOP orders, Customers, Vendors?????
>

> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
>
> For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "MikeW" wrote:
>
> > We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM
> > simply stopped working.  WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to
> > 95-100%.  The integration just hangs.  You can not even End Task with Task
> > Manager.  I tried on two other machines ... same results.  My understanding
> > is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or
> > honest about this.
> >
> > In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved.  Any help is
> > greatly appreciated.
0
MikeW (46)
10/5/2006 4:14:02 PM
Most of the problems we have encountered have been with SP1.  Most service
packs do not update tables but I am not sure of this one.

Perhaps someone can comment and tell us if there are any table changes or if
you can back SP1 out.
--

"MikeW" wrote:

> Richard,
>
> It is SP1.  It is an inventory transaction.
>
> "Richard L. Whaley MVP" wrote:
>
> > How far did you upgrade?  Ver 9 or V9 with SP1?   Also, what kind of
> > integration is hanging?  SOP orders, Customers, Vendors?????
> >

> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "MikeW" wrote:
> >
> > > We recently upgraded to version 9. Everything seemed fine, but yesterday IM
> > > simply stopped working.  WHen I try to run an integration CPU Usage goes to
> > > 95-100%.  The integration just hangs.  You can not even End Task with Task
> > > Manager.  I tried on two other machines ... same results.  My understanding
> > > is that there are major bugs in version 9.0 and MS has not been very open or
> > > honest about this.
> > >
> > > In any event, I simply need to get this problem resolved.  Any help is
> > > greatly appreciated.
0
info4071 (3004)

Sample data templates for integration manager
Dear All, From where can I get the sample data templates for GL, FA, RM & PM beging balances. Your immediate response will be a gr8 help. Thanks in advance. -- Developer Thanks Akram saheb. -- Developer "Akram" wrote: > No Dexdev the names are not exact. > > for Ex: you can use Gltrx for Opening Balances, etc. > > Akram. > > "Dexdev" wrote: > > > Thanks Akram but IM samples do not have templates for Beginning balances. > > -- > > Developer > > > > > > "Akram" wrote: > > > &...

can this be done? (Manager customizations)
Can buttons be added to the Store Operations Manager screens? I would like to add a button to the screen where new customers are created. This will open another screen where additional information for the customer can be entered. (I am trying to add fields; I know there are certain "additional fields" but I don't want to use those. So, I am not sure if 1. A button can be added. 2. Can the form be opened and additional information be tied to the customer. 3. Only open this from the Manager screen. (not on a Customer Save event in the Store Operations screen.) Even if a b...

outlook mail #9
I can't get w2k to boot, however I do have a triple boot system, and can boot into XP, I need to copy my current messages from w2k and move them into a safe area so I can format and reinstall w2k partition. what is the file name? where these messaegs are stored? Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr/Computers/OneNoteFAQ.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Plea...

Integration Manager Security in Terminal Services environment
Has anyone ever had a problem enabling Integration Manager security in a terminal services environment? We've got a client using GP 10 (ver.10.00.0991 - latest hotfix) with the base install of Integration Manager (ver.10.00.0836), installed on a terminal server which all users RDP into. I've followed the instructions according to kb93942 to create the security task with the proper parameters. However, when I attached the task to a security role and the user logs out and back into Great Plains, the Integration menu items are not enabled. In my past experience, I've h...

Managing a Playlist
I have learned from another thread, (already answered), how to add all of my songs, (of my library), to a playlist. Songs ctrl A and right click a song. I am attempting to alphabetize my playlist by song, (not artist). I find this gives excellent Random play in my mp3 player which does this. After the list is created, I simply remove duplicates, (i.e. the same song on more than one album). I cannot seem to get WMP 11 and XP to alphabetize my playlist by song. Can I do this in WMP 11? "Charles1957B" <Charles1957B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Merging Intranet Websit into Sharepoint Services 3.0
Hello, We have an active company intranet website that was developed using MS Publisher; simply design with pictures. We just installed our first SharePoint Services 3.0 server. Could someone please tell me if there is a way of moving our intranet/company's website into SharePoint Services 3.0? Thanks Bill ...

drop off to 0
I've reading reading posts, and I can't find a specific answer to my question. I have some data I want to plot in an area graph. X-axis values go from 2005 to 2015. For the first 5 categories I only have values for the 2005/2006 year. The next categories I have all data from 2005 to 2015. When I plot the area chart the first 5 series, with values in 2005 & 2006. The area graph shows a drop off to zero in 2007. My question is: Is there a way to not show the drop of from 2006-2007. I have no value for that cell, but it still shows a drop off. Is there a way to c...

CRM 3.0 application for a non-profit Foundation
I apologize for my English. I have a couple of questions. Does anyone experienced with CRM 3.0 application for a non-profit Foundation? Is easy a configuration of CRM 3.0 for a solution offering services that has been produced by others? ...

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(F2,Content_Insert!A:A,1,0)),"",VLOOKUP(F2,Mast
Hello Excel guru's, How do I change this formula: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(F2,Content_Insert!A:A,1,0)),"",VLOOKUP(F2,Master!A:D,2,0)) So that it will return a blank field instead of a '0' if the cell it's referencing is blank? Thanks What type of data does the formula return, is it text, numeric, could be either? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:293C2FB9-661E-4C51-8381-B89A8C3EC5EE@microsoft.com... > Hello Excel guru's, > > How do I change this formula: >...

Integration Manager 7.5 and email notifications
Before I go and spend days and days on trying to get this to work, is there anything that doesn't work properly with Outlook/Email/Integration Manager/VBScripts? I have to setup a scheduled integration of receivables (NO SQL Opt Receivables, and SOP one doesn't allow returns) because running this takes about an hour of the user's time each day. I can setup a sql job to send an email to someone to let them know that there are unposted batches from the integration, BUT, I need to let them know which, if any, documents failed. As well, does the vbscript to close GP after wo...

crm 3.0 Laptop Client -Cassini web server
Hi, I was wondering if there is anything we can do to overpass cassini server and call pages directly from actual CRM Server, when the crm laptop version is used online. Our system is heavily customized but we still want to use the very basic functionality in the offline mode (like creating contacts, accounts). But when the user goes online he/she should be able to use the rest of the functionality that we have implemented using crm sdk. Thanks in advance, Isil use the web page http://crmserver ? or install again as a lite ver on another machine and copy the MSCRM.pst file on to the ...

Restricting Customer Lookup to Accounts (in 4.0)
This handy (unsupported) opportunity form onLoad event script worked in CRM 3.0 but seems to be useless in 4.0 //Allow only accounts to be selected crmForm.all.customerid.setAttribute("lookuptypes", "1"); Any ideas? ...

Newbie CRM developer: Getting started on integration
Greetings, We're getting ready to start up some development. Our first efforts are focused on integrating MS CRM with an ERP system (QAD's MFG/PRO), not customzing MS CRM application functionality. I'm new to this and need to take my first baby steps as I'm from a blank page. We've done the design and we're pretty happy with it for the moment (thanks to the list for feedback earlier this week). Our first efforts will be focused using the SDK (as opposed to using Biztalk). My first baby step is to install visual studio on my laptop computer and then use the...

dotnet versus visual studio 6.0
Hello, Are there things that visual studio 6.0 (VC) got, that visual studio .NET doesn't (i.e ActiveX) ? If so, then why should visual studio .net doesn't have things that old versions have ? Is there any list for difference between old and new version (pros and cons) ? Thanks :) All you can do in VC++ 6.0 can be done in VC++.NET, and generally with less work. -- Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez [MVP] microsoft.public.es.vc FAQ http://vcfaq.europe.webmatrixhosting.net "Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez [MVP]" wrote : > All you can do in VC++ 6.0 can be done in VC++.NET, and gene...

CRM/Outlook/Smart Phone Integration
I have a user who is experiencing an issue when syncing his phone with Outlook (with laptop client CRM). Every time he syncs his contacts, a new copy is created. These means he is getting multiple, multiple copies of each contact on his phone, and then those are transferring over locally to Outlook. My first thought is that it would be an issue of timestamps not lining up somewhere down the line. Is there a place in CRM where you can change time zone? In Outlook? Anyone seen anything like this? Thanks! ...

Resizing a picture in picture manager?
Custom height and width will not customize to the height and width I want. Why? You may get an answer in a forum or newsgroup that deals with Picture Manager - FrontPage is for building websites. In FrontPage I would advise using a real image editor such as Photoshop, Irfanview or Paint Shop Pro to resize images. -- Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx Microsoft is closing this newsgroup - for details of why and where to go see http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/newsgroup-closure.aspx Blackstone laid this down on his screen :...

CRM 3.0 Exchange Router Issue 10-26-06
Hi all, We have recently upgraded from version 1.2 to version 3.0 and our CRM installation is working fine. However we can not get the CRM Exchange E-Mail router installed. During the system requirement checks, we get a "warning" at stage 2. The error states "Setup cannot log on to the Microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down, or that you are not a Microsoft CRM user. (SOAP Server Application Faulted)" Our installation matches all prerequisites out of the Installation guide but we still get this error message. I have tried a reinstall of ...

Returns Management
Hello, I am having problems installing The Returns Management Module. It shows up on the menus in the Fabrikam Company, we are registered to use it and have the newest Reg Keys in the system but when I log into our company the Returns Management Menus are not visible. Am I missing something here? -- Thanks, Brian with many of the add in modules, you have to "pull" the menu out before you can setup. Make sure your navigation (shortcut) pane is open, click "add" choose other window. Under Service Advantage, you should see Returns Management (I apologize...

CRM 3.0 / Blackberry Email Tracking
We are looking for a solution to allow Blackberry / CRM 3.0 users track emails sent from thier Blackberry, similiar to the "Track in Crm" functionality available in the Outlook CRM Add-In. The 10digits product does not track email activity. I would think someone out there has needed this functionality on Blackberry w / CRM 3.0 Marty If Tendigit doesn't have the capability to do this, it maybe pretty difficult. They are the primary add-on for Blackberry and MSCRM 3.0. Did Tendigit say anything about their future plan tolsupport this feature? Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http:/...

Retrieving passwords from Outlook Express 6.0
Upon setting my ISP email to Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, I assigned a password to my account. Upon trying to open the account, I had forgotten the password that I entered. The help I need is the steps to retrieving the password that I have forgotten. Yes, I will write it down the next time that I set the password :) Unfortunately we do not have a way to retrieve passwords. There may be some third party programs that can do this type of thing but Microsoft does not have any way to retrieve passwords. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft...

Need help hiding 0.00 value in datasheet view
Hello all I am having a lil problem to display my data in datasheet view. I know you can not have more than 3 Conditioanl Formating. So I am trying a way around to eliminate one of my current CF so I can add another one but at the same time keep the other CF. My question: How do I HIDE (I dont want it to display) a field in datasheet view if the value is = 0.00 without using conditional formating, in other words using VBA code. Thanks in advance... Thanks...works fine :-) ...

GP 7.0
How do you remove a password from a GP Budget in GP 7.0? There is a KB on Removing Budget Passwords - KB 857597 - but it is for SQL Based systems and GP 7.0 is still in Pervasive SQL. Any suggestions will be welcome. ...

ExMerge Problem #9
Hi all, I try to merge content of mailbox1 to mailbox2 Because I'm from Israel and the mailboxes initialize in hebrew, I edit the ini file and write the following lines: [International] DefaultLocaleID=1255 DefaultCodePage=1037 1) start outlook as mailbox1 export to pst 2) take the pst to mail server 3) run Exmerge 4) Select "Extract Or Import" 5) Select "Step 2: Import..." 6) Specify Mail Server and DC 7) Specify the storage group + store where destination mailbox reside 8) get all mailbox and select the Target Mailbox 9) Default Locale is Englisg(US), check box not...

Encumbrance Management
I have set up Encumbrance Management but it has not evaluated my existing PO's. These PO's were imported using Integration Manager eConnect. Any suggestions? ...

CRM 4.0 forms hanging for some users
We are noticing a problem with our Dynamics CRM 4.0 hanging sporadically from the web client. For some users, the whole system freezes for approximately three minutes at which point an error message is displayed(see below). In the meantime, other users can access the system fine. After the error message the system works fine for that user. This problem occurs for some users more than others, although they are set up with exactly the same roles and permissions. This issue doesn't occur if the user is logged onto the CRM server. ERROR MESSAGE: An error has occured. Try the action a...