Integration Manager #22

I have IM installed on the server and am using remote desktop to access
remotely for a client.  I can open integrations and create them, but when I
run them the it locks up and when I exit the program it says that it is not
responding do you want to end now.

I've heard that IM on the server can sometimes cause problems, but can't
find anything in Knowledge Base on it.

Windows Server 2003
SQL 2005
Dynamics GP 9
Integration Manager 9

Thank you in advance!!

0
lbeach (25)

I haven't seen any issues with IM on the server in a very similar
configuration (SQL 2000 instead of 2005). Have you checked to ensure
that you have all the lastest service packs for GP & IM?

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

On Sep 15, 2:51 am, "6538" <lbe...@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote:
> I have IM installed on the server and am using remote desktop to access
> remotely for a client.  I can open integrations and create them, but when I
> run them the it locks up and when I exit the program it says that it is not
> responding do you want to end now.
>
> I've heard that IM on the server can sometimes cause problems, but can't
> find anything in Knowledge Base on it.
>
> Windows Server 2003
> SQL 2005
> Dynamics GP 9
> Integration Manager 9
>
> Thank you in advance!!

0
mpolino (496)
9/15/2007 11:56:01 AM
We have several clients running the same or close to this configuration and
don't have any problems running IM.  3 things I would check first, not in
any particular order:

1. What permissions does the Windows user you're logging in as have?  I
think IM requires some hefty permissions.
2. Does IM work on the console of the server?  (To rule out that the problem
is with the remote access.)
3. Do you have all the latest service packs for both GP and IM?
Particularly IM.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message
>I have IM installed on the server and am using remote desktop to access
>remotely for a client.  I can open integrations and create them, but when I
>run them the it locks up and when I exit the program it says that it is not
>responding do you want to end now.
>
> I've heard that IM on the server can sometimes cause problems, but can't
> find anything in Knowledge Base on it.
>
> Windows Server 2003
> SQL 2005
> Dynamics GP 9
> Integration Manager 9
>
> Thank you in advance!!

0
victoria (3340)

Problem with installing Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software
Hello Every body, During the installation of Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software,on a particular screen "Specify Security account and servers",we need to mention a domain Username which has access to CRM with administrative previliges.I have created a IntegrationUser (With administrator role)in CRM as mentioned in the installation guide.I have been making vain efforts,to associate this UserID and password in the above mentioned screen.Every time i give the user id and password and click next,it gives me a error saying that "Either the CRM ...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Management
How can I setup a policy in Exchange 2007 that deletes email in specific folders based on certain policies? In 2003, this was done in Recipient policies, but I can't find it in 2007. ...

Combo Box 04-22-10
Hi I am trying combo boxes for the first time in excel. I have created cells with validation lists with named ranges I have pinched the code below from Debra Dalgleish/Contextures and the problem is I have no understanding of what is going on and how to fix When I click into the cell with the validation list in I get the following error message The named ranges are in 'sheet2' and the working sheet is 'sheet1' Method 'Range' of object '_Worksheet' failed Any help please Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim str ...

Multiple email management in Outlook 2003
How can I manage several email accounts in a way that they download from divverent servers to different folders. I don't want them to end in the same inbox. Like my Hotmail account uses a seperate folder. All my POP3 accounts go to the same inbox. I do not have an Exchange server and I run Office 2003 on Win XP Home. :O)Bernard Easy, goto tools | rules | new rule | start from blank rule follow the wizard to check messages when they arrive and send to a folder. "Bernard" <korjonen@myway.com> wrote in message news:5bea01c400df$0b47fa30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How c...

No options for bottom status bar in portfolio manager
I am not sure when this started but I am running Money 2007 Deluxe under Vista Business and I see that I no longer have any positions in the bottom status bar when I view the Portfolio Manager. I used to be able to pick three items to display such as Total Return, Daily Change, and how the SP500 did that day. Now it is blank. If I go to Tools - > Settings -> Investments -> Portfolio Manager... and then the Status Bar tab I can check whether to display or hide the status bar and then select three Positions. However each position had a drop down menu that is completely empty. ...

User Manager Problem 01-29-06
Hello all, I have a problem attempting to create a user. I get the following error "User 1 ( Timothy Cocaro ) failed: Application Error (8004022c) - SOAP Server Application Faulted" I have read the other threads relating to this which suggest that I should add users through the crm_web which I have and works fine. However I want to know why "User Manager" doesnt work because I feel the same issue is affecting the import of the XML through the "configuration wizard" I have found a website describing this problem (http://ts2blogs.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2005...

ADP integration
Is there a bolt on program of module that will allow ADP to integrate/post to GP? Payroll Connect is a small add-on module that will import a GL entry from an ADP file. You need to provide ADP the mapping information that ties together payroll information to the GL account. ADP components that are required are ADP PC/Payroll for Windows™, ADP’s GL Interface and Super Data Access ~Recommended for US installations/customer locations only KB866501 describes the basic import process and required fields. Hope that helps, Claude "modonnel@knight.com" wrote: ...

Move database
Hi, I happen to follow the knowledge base article 917948 for moving the SQL Server database for SQL Server 2005 in the same domain. I was able to point System DSN step(took Full backup and restored) as well to the new sql server. But when I try to configure the Microsoft Deployment manager step with the new server name, it gives a message saying "No Microsoft CRM databases were found on this server". After half a day's of struggle, I figure out that in SQL error Log there is an error message saying "Login failed for user 'Domain\Administrator' Client: [IP Add...

New Recipient Policy in Mailbox Manager
Hi, I created a new recipient policy for mailbox management to permanently delete all items in the Deleted Items folders of our mailboxes that are 30 days or older and set the size limit at 0 kb. I ran the Mailbox Manager and while it did delete about 500mb of items, it did not delete all of the items that are 30 days or older. I checked to make sure the the created date of the items in the deleted folder was older than 30 days, but there are a lot of old items that just did not get deleted. Can someone tell me what to look for? Thanks, What counts is the modified date. ...

Looking for DPM 2010 RC SCOM 2007 Management Pack
Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become available? Can you please mail me at praveend[at]microsoft[dot]com, we can help you on getting the MOM pack. Thanks. Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A395C3-6108-4B78-B3DC-0EDBA6EF773F@microsoft.com... > Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become > available? We use SCOM 2007 R2, can I get access to the MP...

Data File Management
Hi We have Outlook 2003 running in an Exchange 2003 environment. For various reasons some users keep a personal pst file on their hard drives using the Data File Management from the File menu. My question is: where is the path to the pst files stored - is it on the local computer or the Exchange Server? Thanks TJ The default location for PST files is on the local computer under c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. You can view the location of the PST files under the Data File Management item too. "TJ" <noreply@noth...

DPM managing tapes rotation is not clear 12-10-09
Hello forum, I have DPM 2007 SP1 in production with an tape autoloader. I have trouble when changing new tapes. Ejecting and inserting from the DPM UI is not available so I have to do it manually. 7 tapes are in the magazine (all ready for off site checked). I replaced 3 of them. But right after this operation, I have "suspect" in the new tapes status. According to dpm documentation, it's related to the OMID as the bar codes are and displayed different. I don"t know how to check this point. Even though, I went through http://technet.microsoft.com/...

out box management

Manager missing report templates
On one of our machines RMS Manager will not do any reports of any type. I get a similar error message that outlines the file name and says it does not exist. I checked in Administrator to make sure it has templates associated to each report and all were fine. The rest of them work fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? We did change out harddrives last night but the others still work. Thanks in advance. -- Elizabeth M. Elizabeth, In Admin, was it pointing to a local drive or a networked drive? Did you try clicking on the magnifying glass at the end of the line to confirm th...

An Alternative Outlook Integration
This might be an old technqiue for some but wanted to share an alternative method of using Outlook and CRM at more of a UI integration level. Create a folder in your Outlook called Microsoft CRM --> right click and select properties -> Select the Home Page tab --> type in the URL of your CRM app --> check "Show Home page by default for the folder". You are all set. Granted, you don't get all of the SFO features but if you are having issues with SFO this might be a decent fallback. Regards...Mark I wouldn't recommend this. If a user needs badly to access...

Managed user test
Posting this to see if my id identies me properly as a managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_06BAC655 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lisa, No, the tool that I'm using (an internal Microsoft Tool we use) doesn't show your thread as any of the "Managed" types of users. I only see this post because I was looking from Outlook Express from home last night and saw this query. Today I looked for it under Managed Users, didn't find it, then switch to "All" postings and there you were. I confess while I can answer technical types of ques...

Uk Ireland Integrated Chip and Pin Credit cards with RMS. Over We
Are any other users of RMS in Ireland or the UK Familar with the CommXL Company See http://www.commsxl.com/article.php?article_id=36 We are using their Smart C Card lite to process Chip and Pin Credit Cards in RMS Through a Pin Pad that is connected to RMS and is integrated into the EPOS. Are any users having issues with Staff double tapping a process button and therfore losing certain card transactions. I have spoken to CommXL about this problem and I still have no solution. kind regards, Michael. ...

Recording a Macro to automate an Integration Manager script
I did the following: I am using Great Plains 9.0 version. I need to automate running an integration script to create a financial batch. 1. Created a batch file to open the integration manager and run a specific script. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Integration Manager\IMRun.exe" /I "Calfrac Job Trx Integration - CWSHOSQLTEST1" /S 2. Created a shortcut pointing to this batch file on the Navigator pane within Great Plains. 3. Clicked on the shortcut and it automatically launches Integration Manager and picks the right script to run and opens a "Select Fil...

Update management
A Tech question for those smart cookies with update management experience. We use a product called EasyUpdate, from www.AutoUpdatePlus.com, to manage the updates of our app after it has been delivered to the client. From our perspective, it is great. We are now keen to purchase the company's main app, AutoUpdate+. The reason is that this app offers a more, such as silent updates, zip file delivery, customization of the dialog boxes and multi-lingual capabilities. Can anyone give me a recommendation if you've done a similar transition between the two apps?? Why do you need cookies and...

Yahoo Store Integration XML Tag for Item Comment
Hello, Does anyone know the XML tag to import an Item Cooment from a web order. These are the only tags I have seen. <Item num ="0"> <Id>9002</Id> <Code>9002</Code> <Quantity>1</Quantity> <Unit-Price>12.99</Unit-Price> <Description></Description> <Taxable>NO</Taxable> </Item> Thanks Jamie Item Comment is what I meant to say. Not Cooment. Sorry "Jamie W." wrote: > Hello, > Does anyone know the XML tag to import an Item Cooment from a web order. > These are the only tags I have ...

Task Manager "VM Size"
What exactly is the "VM Size" column in the task manager? One of my programs has been running continuously for 2 months. Task manager shows: Mem Usage 230,284 k Peak Mem Usage 356,464 k Page Faults 374,021 VM Size 1,410,208 k The VM Size seems so large. The Mem Usage value is relatively similar to the value when the program first starts. The VM Size is hugely larger then the value at program start. What does "VM Size" mean. Virtual Memory size, the logical memory that has been allocated to it - This is likely to be the maximum your program has ever used plus seve...

Report Manager Add-In
Has the Report Manager add in disappeared from Excel 2003? I upgrade recently and it is no longer in the "View" menu. I thought perhaps had to re-install it but I can't find it on the CD ROM either -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can download the 2002 Report Manager from the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/rptmgr.aspx It will work in Excel 2003. millsy < wrote: > Has the Report Manager add in disappeared from Excel 2003? I upgraded > recently and it is no longer in the "View" menu. I thought p...

Unable to publish changes through deployment manager
Hi, We have installed MSCRM1.2 on a win2k3 server and have adjusted a few views and forms - and have come to the stage of publishing these. Deployment manager opens and i can chose the category, along with the server to target the deployment too, but it fails on the downloading of the xsl templates. I have tried to identify the permissions required, and the admin seems to have full access to all potential files, but to no avail. Am i looking in the right area - any ideas? Im also very aware that the implementation is into an office based on workgroup rather than domain infrastructure, a...

Using IM for Invoice Integration
I wrote an integration to move the daily sales from our SOP program into Great Plains. The line items are correct and it has worked brilliantly, until we changed our pricing structure. Under the new pricing structure, the price of an item varies, depending upon the quantity purchased. Also, we have FOC items that are part of a promotion. A clerk is able to manually enter the line items into Great Plains from a report I print of the daily sales (this report is printed from the SQL View I wrote that the IM uses). But the IM won't work anymore. Our GP Sales Rep mentioned an exten...

ANN: New XML Videos Demonstrating Data Integration and Web Publishing using Microsoft SQL Server 2000, SQL/XML, XSLT, and Stylus Studio
[announce]Dear Microsoft .NET XML enthusiasts, We recently published two new XML video demonstrations which illustrate how to create SQL/XML queries to access relational data and render it as XML using Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and Stylus Studio DB-to-XML Data Sources. The new videos are freely available from the Stylus Studio website at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/learn_sql_xml.html The Working with Relational Data as XML series of videos shows two methods for creating these powerful data sources, and how they can be reused in Stylus Studio anywhere you might use XML, such as in the creati...