Integration Manager #16

All,

We recently had an integration manager issue that comes and goes. I'm a
little uncomfortable with this since we don't know the root cause and it can
happen again at anytime. Here is the error:
     1:  SalesOrder Insert Failed 0.89 Seconds
    DOC 1 ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of
PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKSOP40500'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object
'dbo.SOP40500'.

I'm not exactly sure how SOP40500 table is used but I thought it creates a
master key for each document. Some clarification and a possible solution
would be greatly appreciated. The only thing on customersource is a service
pack for IM 8.0 and we are on 9.0.

Also, when this happens nothing is loaded to GP.

Jamal

0
jma (41)

I have a little spare time right now so I'll teach you how to figure this
problem out for yourself :)

The first thing you want to do is examine the SOP40500 table.  I use
Enterprise Manager (I'm on SQL Server 2000) and see that the table has two
fields in it:

MSTRNUMB (The key field)
DEX_ROW_ID

The error tells you there's a key conflict which means you're trying to add
another record with a MSTRNUMB that already exists.

So the next step in your infestigation is to determine what the MSTRNUMB
field is.

To do this load Great Plains, click on the tools menu, click on resource
descriptors, and select the fields option.

This opens the fields window.  Since this is a Sales question change the
core field to sales.

Unfortunately this lists the fields in their english name so you have to
guess what it is, in this case look up Master Number.  This displays a list
of tables containing the field, you can also click the field info button for
more info about the field.

My guess is that you're attempting to add the same master number in two
different transactions.  This could be in the same integration or in two
separate integrations.  You might want to check your data source to confirm
that.

Good luck!

VinceV

"Jamal" wrote:

> All,
>
> We recently had an integration manager issue that comes and goes. I'm a
> little uncomfortable with this since we don't know the root cause and it can
> happen again at anytime. Here is the error:
>      1:  SalesOrder Insert Failed 0.89 Seconds
>     DOC 1 ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation of
> PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKSOP40500'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object
> 'dbo.SOP40500'.
>
> I'm not exactly sure how SOP40500 table is used but I thought it creates a
> master key for each document. Some clarification and a possible solution
> would be greatly appreciated. The only thing on customersource is a service
> pack for IM 8.0 and we are on 9.0.
>
> Also, when this happens nothing is loaded to GP.
>
> Jamal

0
VinceV (157)
1/30/2007 5:30:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_218CF39B

Hello,

Thanks for that information on this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_218CF39B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Thanks for that information on this issue.
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_218CF39B--

0
dclauson1 (12)
1/30/2007 11:17:38 PM
Generally speaking, you dont want to add the Master Number yourself.  Let the
system generate it.  Set your integration to Default the Master Number.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Dave Clauson" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for that information on this issue
0
info4071 (3005)
1/31/2007 2:23:00 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_246CD0F4

Hello,

You should not be adding or changing the Master Number in the Great Plains
tables. I would suggest to open a Support Case and have the Integration
Manager Support Team take a look at this issue and determine if it is a
problem. This may be an issue that they have already encountered.

Thanks
------=_NextPart_0001_246CD0F4

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par You should not be adding or changing the Master Number in the Great Plains tables. I would suggest to open a Support Case and have the Integration Manager Support Team take a look at this issue and determine if it is a problem. This may be an issue that they have already encountered.
\par
\par Thanks
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_246CD0F4--

0
dclauson1 (12)
1/31/2007 1:26:38 PM
Thanks Vince. That helps in understanding how it works. The crazy thing is
we have not been able to recreate the problem. If it does happen again then
I will be able to better research it.

Thanks.

Jamal

"VinceV" <VinceV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a little spare time right now so I'll teach you how to figure this
> problem out for yourself :)
>
> The first thing you want to do is examine the SOP40500 table.  I use
> Enterprise Manager (I'm on SQL Server 2000) and see that the table has two
> fields in it:
>
> MSTRNUMB (The key field)
> DEX_ROW_ID
>
> The error tells you there's a key conflict which means you're trying to
> add
> another record with a MSTRNUMB that already exists.
>
> So the next step in your infestigation is to determine what the MSTRNUMB
> field is.
>
> To do this load Great Plains, click on the tools menu, click on resource
> descriptors, and select the fields option.
>
> This opens the fields window.  Since this is a Sales question change the
> core field to sales.
>
> Unfortunately this lists the fields in their english name so you have to
> guess what it is, in this case look up Master Number.  This displays a
> list
> of tables containing the field, you can also click the field info button
> for
> more info about the field.
>
> My guess is that you're attempting to add the same master number in two
> different transactions.  This could be in the same integration or in two
> separate integrations.  You might want to check your data source to
> confirm
> that.
>
> Good luck!
>
> VinceV
>
> "Jamal" wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> We recently had an integration manager issue that comes and goes. I'm a
>> little uncomfortable with this since we don't know the root cause and it
>> can
>> happen again at anytime. Here is the error:
>>      1:  SalesOrder Insert Failed 0.89 Seconds
>>     DOC 1 ERROR: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Violation
>> of
>> PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PKSOP40500'. Cannot insert duplicate key in
>> object
>> 'dbo.SOP40500'.
>>
>> I'm not exactly sure how SOP40500 table is used but I thought it creates
>> master key for each document. Some clarification and a possible solution
>> would be greatly appreciated. The only thing on customersource is a
>> service
>> pack for IM 8.0 and we are on 9.0.
>>
>> Also, when this happens nothing is loaded to GP.
>>
>> Jamal

0
jma (41)
1/31/2007 9:49:41 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2A65433D

Hello,

You should not be adding or changing the Master Number in the Great Plains
tables. I would suggest to open a Support Case and have the Integration
Manager Support Team take a look at this issue and determine if it is a
problem. This may be an issue that they have already encountered.

Thanks
------=_NextPart_0001_2A65433D

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par You should not be adding or changing the Master Number in the Great Plains tables. I would suggest to open a Support Case and have the Integration Manager Support Team take a look at this issue and determine if it is a problem. This may be an issue that they have already encountered.
\par
\par Thanks
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2A65433D--

0
dclauson1 (12)
2/1/2007 5:16:09 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_2F68778C

Hello,

With the Integration Manager product you do not pass the Master
Number...The only thing that would be passed in is the Document Number, in
some cases this will be defaulted from the system.

This should be brought up with Support through a Support Case so that we
can address these issues and test them.

thanks
------=_NextPart_0001_2F68778C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par With the Integration Manager product you do not pass the Master Number...The only thing that would be passed in is the Document Number, in some cases this will be defaulted from the system.
\par
\par This should be brought up with Support through a Support Case so that we can address these issues and test them.
\par
\par thanks
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_2F68778C--

0
dclauson1 (12)

Roles management
hello, In this company, their are several sales persons who don't share their customers, but they share a common assistant who needs to access all the accounts, contacts, etc. How to implement this: asking each sales representative to share its new informations with the assistant is heavy, creating several BU one for each sales representative and setting the assistant in an upper BU seems unrealistic. What is the simplest way to allow this ? Thanks for paths and suggestions CS You can use different security roles. Give sales people the right to read their own records, so they d...

Problem with installing Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software
Hello Every body, During the installation of Microsoft CRM integration for Great plains software,on a particular screen "Specify Security account and servers",we need to mention a domain Username which has access to CRM with administrative previliges.I have created a IntegrationUser (With administrator role)in CRM as mentioned in the installation guide.I have been making vain efforts,to associate this UserID and password in the above mentioned screen.Every time i give the user id and password and click next,it gives me a error saying that "Either the CRM ...

OUTLOOK 2007 #16
Hi Have a question how do I backup for outlook 2007? Thanks Brian "Brian" <bjohnson@cpeincmail.com> wrote in message news:e4X12ASqHHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Have a question how do I backup for outlook 2007? > Thanks > Brian Same as every other version..... There are some backup utils mentioned here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.asp "Brian" <bjohnson@cpeincmail.com> wrote in message news:e4X12ASqHHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Have a question how do I backup for outlook 2007? Does Perso...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Management
How can I setup a policy in Exchange 2007 that deletes email in specific folders based on certain policies? In 2003, this was done in Recipient policies, but I can't find it in 2007. ...

Multiple email management in Outlook 2003
How can I manage several email accounts in a way that they download from divverent servers to different folders. I don't want them to end in the same inbox. Like my Hotmail account uses a seperate folder. All my POP3 accounts go to the same inbox. I do not have an Exchange server and I run Office 2003 on Win XP Home. :O)Bernard Easy, goto tools | rules | new rule | start from blank rule follow the wizard to check messages when they arrive and send to a folder. "Bernard" <korjonen@myway.com> wrote in message news:5bea01c400df$0b47fa30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How c...

User Manager Problem 01-29-06
Hello all, I have a problem attempting to create a user. I get the following error "User 1 ( Timothy Cocaro ) failed: Application Error (8004022c) - SOAP Server Application Faulted" I have read the other threads relating to this which suggest that I should add users through the crm_web which I have and works fine. However I want to know why "User Manager" doesnt work because I feel the same issue is affecting the import of the XML through the "configuration wizard" I have found a website describing this problem (http://ts2blogs.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2005...

ADP integration
Is there a bolt on program of module that will allow ADP to integrate/post to GP? Payroll Connect is a small add-on module that will import a GL entry from an ADP file. You need to provide ADP the mapping information that ties together payroll information to the GL account. ADP components that are required are ADP PC/Payroll for Windows™, ADP’s GL Interface and Super Data Access ~Recommended for US installations/customer locations only KB866501 describes the basic import process and required fields. Hope that helps, Claude "modonnel@knight.com" wrote: ...

Move database
Hi, I happen to follow the knowledge base article 917948 for moving the SQL Server database for SQL Server 2005 in the same domain. I was able to point System DSN step(took Full backup and restored) as well to the new sql server. But when I try to configure the Microsoft Deployment manager step with the new server name, it gives a message saying "No Microsoft CRM databases were found on this server". After half a day's of struggle, I figure out that in SQL error Log there is an error message saying "Login failed for user 'Domain\Administrator' Client: [IP Add...

New Recipient Policy in Mailbox Manager
Hi, I created a new recipient policy for mailbox management to permanently delete all items in the Deleted Items folders of our mailboxes that are 30 days or older and set the size limit at 0 kb. I ran the Mailbox Manager and while it did delete about 500mb of items, it did not delete all of the items that are 30 days or older. I checked to make sure the the created date of the items in the deleted folder was older than 30 days, but there are a lot of old items that just did not get deleted. Can someone tell me what to look for? Thanks, What counts is the modified date. ...

Looking for DPM 2010 RC SCOM 2007 Management Pack
Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become available? Can you please mail me at praveend[at]microsoft[dot]com, we can help you on getting the MOM pack. Thanks. Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "John H" <JohnH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A395C3-6108-4B78-B3DC-0EDBA6EF773F@microsoft.com... > Is there a download for this? If not, when will a Management Pack become > available? We use SCOM 2007 R2, can I get access to the MP...

Data File Management
Hi We have Outlook 2003 running in an Exchange 2003 environment. For various reasons some users keep a personal pst file on their hard drives using the Data File Management from the File menu. My question is: where is the path to the pst files stored - is it on the local computer or the Exchange Server? Thanks TJ The default location for PST files is on the local computer under c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook. You can view the location of the PST files under the Data File Management item too. "TJ" <noreply@noth...

DPM managing tapes rotation is not clear 12-10-09
Hello forum, I have DPM 2007 SP1 in production with an tape autoloader. I have trouble when changing new tapes. Ejecting and inserting from the DPM UI is not available so I have to do it manually. 7 tapes are in the magazine (all ready for off site checked). I replaced 3 of them. But right after this operation, I have "suspect" in the new tapes status. According to dpm documentation, it's related to the OMID as the bar codes are and displayed different. I don"t know how to check this point. Even though, I went through http://technet.microsoft.com/...

OnChange Event 01-16-06
Hi, I need to add an OnChange Event to a picklist field that will trigger a manual workflow rule when a certain picklist value is selected. Basically, I am attempting the following: if Picklist.currentvalue changed to Picklist.newvalue then trigger "Name of Manual Workflow" If it is not possible to trigger a workflow, then is it possible to pop-up an alert message when a particular picklist value is selected? Any sample code is greatly appreciated. I was not able to find samples in the MS CRM knowledgebase. Thank you, Donna You don't need an OnChange event fo...

out box management

Manager missing report templates
On one of our machines RMS Manager will not do any reports of any type. I get a similar error message that outlines the file name and says it does not exist. I checked in Administrator to make sure it has templates associated to each report and all were fine. The rest of them work fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? We did change out harddrives last night but the others still work. Thanks in advance. -- Elizabeth M. Elizabeth, In Admin, was it pointing to a local drive or a networked drive? Did you try clicking on the magnifying glass at the end of the line to confirm th...

An Alternative Outlook Integration
This might be an old technqiue for some but wanted to share an alternative method of using Outlook and CRM at more of a UI integration level. Create a folder in your Outlook called Microsoft CRM --> right click and select properties -> Select the Home Page tab --> type in the URL of your CRM app --> check "Show Home page by default for the folder". You are all set. Granted, you don't get all of the SFO features but if you are having issues with SFO this might be a decent fallback. Regards...Mark I wouldn't recommend this. If a user needs badly to access...

Managed user test
Posting this to see if my id identies me properly as a managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_06BAC655 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Lisa, No, the tool that I'm using (an internal Microsoft Tool we use) doesn't show your thread as any of the "Managed" types of users. I only see this post because I was looking from Outlook Express from home last night and saw this query. Today I looked for it under Managed Users, didn't find it, then switch to "All" postings and there you were. I confess while I can answer technical types of ques...

Uk Ireland Integrated Chip and Pin Credit cards with RMS. Over We
Are any other users of RMS in Ireland or the UK Familar with the CommXL Company See http://www.commsxl.com/article.php?article_id=36 We are using their Smart C Card lite to process Chip and Pin Credit Cards in RMS Through a Pin Pad that is connected to RMS and is integrated into the EPOS. Are any users having issues with Staff double tapping a process button and therfore losing certain card transactions. I have spoken to CommXL about this problem and I still have no solution. kind regards, Michael. ...

Recording a Macro to automate an Integration Manager script
I did the following: I am using Great Plains 9.0 version. I need to automate running an integration script to create a financial batch. 1. Created a batch file to open the integration manager and run a specific script. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\Integration Manager\IMRun.exe" /I "Calfrac Job Trx Integration - CWSHOSQLTEST1" /S 2. Created a shortcut pointing to this batch file on the Navigator pane within Great Plains. 3. Clicked on the shortcut and it automatically launches Integration Manager and picks the right script to run and opens a "Select Fil...

16 Gb Limit #3
Please can any one tell me if I upgrade from Std. to enterprise can I have a Priv1.edb larger than 16 Gb ? Many Thanks Jack... Hi Jack, Yes, you can. Saludos. -- Benjamin Mateos Microsoft Exchange MVP MCSE, MCSA + Messaging, A+, i-Net+, CIW, CCA Analista de Sistemas E-Mail: benjamin_mateos@hotmail.com Aprende Exchange --> http://mateosb.blogspot.com "Jack Ryland" <JackRyland@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:FB0E734E-22E7-4A8B-A2E3-2C260FC2EECF@microsoft.com... > Please can any one tell me if I upgrade from Std. to enterprise can I have >...

Update management
A Tech question for those smart cookies with update management experience. We use a product called EasyUpdate, from www.AutoUpdatePlus.com, to manage the updates of our app after it has been delivered to the client. From our perspective, it is great. We are now keen to purchase the company's main app, AutoUpdate+. The reason is that this app offers a more, such as silent updates, zip file delivery, customization of the dialog boxes and multi-lingual capabilities. Can anyone give me a recommendation if you've done a similar transition between the two apps?? Why do you need cookies and...

Yahoo Store Integration XML Tag for Item Comment
Hello, Does anyone know the XML tag to import an Item Cooment from a web order. These are the only tags I have seen. <Item num ="0"> <Id>9002</Id> <Code>9002</Code> <Quantity>1</Quantity> <Unit-Price>12.99</Unit-Price> <Description></Description> <Taxable>NO</Taxable> </Item> Thanks Jamie Item Comment is what I meant to say. Not Cooment. Sorry "Jamie W." wrote: > Hello, > Does anyone know the XML tag to import an Item Cooment from a web order. > These are the only tags I have ...

I just added several domains to our Exchange 2003 environment. I created a new recipient policy, have external DNS setup properly and we are able to recieve email on behalf of the new domains, for those users that have such email addresses. My question however has to do with the sending of email from these domains. Of course Exchange has a set default/primary email address that all email is sent out from, however I need to enable the users that recieve email from these new domain names to reply back to it from that address using the from field. When I do specify one of these email addr...

Task Manager "VM Size"
What exactly is the "VM Size" column in the task manager? One of my programs has been running continuously for 2 months. Task manager shows: Mem Usage 230,284 k Peak Mem Usage 356,464 k Page Faults 374,021 VM Size 1,410,208 k The VM Size seems so large. The Mem Usage value is relatively similar to the value when the program first starts. The VM Size is hugely larger then the value at program start. What does "VM Size" mean. Virtual Memory size, the logical memory that has been allocated to it - This is likely to be the maximum your program has ever used plus seve...

Report Manager Add-In
Has the Report Manager add in disappeared from Excel 2003? I upgrade recently and it is no longer in the "View" menu. I thought perhaps had to re-install it but I can't find it on the CD ROM either -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can download the 2002 Report Manager from the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/rptmgr.aspx It will work in Excel 2003. millsy < wrote: > Has the Report Manager add in disappeared from Excel 2003? I upgraded > recently and it is no longer in the "View" menu. I thought p...