Integration GP 8.0 with CRM 3.0

Hi. i'm newbie in GP but i have been know CRM 3.0, i want to do integration
between GP and CRM using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft
Dynamics GP. After all installation and configuration, the integration was
work. I add an account in CRM then the account which i was added is display
in GP (as customer). But why the order between GP and CRM can't integrate? I
was follow the instruction in the integration guide. The guide book says that
the tax details, tax schedules, shipping methods, payment terms, unit of
measure, unit of measure schedules, price groups, price levels, price lists,
sites, items, item site assignments, customer classes, customers, customer
addresses, and sales processing comments must be filled, and i do that. But
why can integrate?? May be because the quantity of item in GP is 0? I can't
set the quantity in GP, how can i do that? Someone can help ?

Thanks before ^_^

0
KA041 (2)

I have done this integration, let me know if i can help you or your
organization.
Write me email on mscrmexpert@gmail.com
--
Happy Programming........

Thanks,
Imran
www.pkblogs.com/microsoftcrm3

"Micheal LoPatriello" wrote:

> Hi KA,
> Not sure about your specific integration problem with CRM, but I can tell
> you that increase your inventory can be done in several ways. For example,
> you could issue a PO for inventory items and then receive said items. You
> could also perform an inventory adjustment. Hope that gets you started.
>
> -Mike
>
> --
> Micheal LoPatriello
> Coordinator,
> Luna Development
> mlopat@lunadevelopment.com
> http://www.lunadevelopment.com
>

> "KA 04-1" wrote:
>
> > Hi. i'm newbie in GP but i have been know CRM 3.0, i want to do integration
> > between GP and CRM using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft
> > Dynamics GP. After all installation and configuration, the integration was
> > work. I add an account in CRM then the account which i was added is display
> > in GP (as customer). But why the order between GP and CRM can't integrate? I
> > was follow the instruction in the integration guide. The guide book says that
> > the tax details, tax schedules, shipping methods, payment terms, unit of
> > measure, unit of measure schedules, price groups, price levels, price lists,
> > sites, items, item site assignments, customer classes, customers, customer
> > addresses, and sales processing comments must be filled, and i do that. But
> > why can integrate?? May be because the quantity of item in GP is 0? I can't
> > set the quantity in GP, how can i do that? Someone can help ?
> >
> > Thanks before ^_^

0
mscrmexpert (134)

#DIV/0! displayed in Pivot Tables
I create Pivot Tables that use calced fields. Sometimes the calced fields divide zero by zero which results in #DIV/0! showing up in the RowTotals and TotalTotals. I can use the Table Options For Error Value Show (blank), which removes the #Div/0! from the table display, the only problem with doing this is the TotalTotal cells also show up as blank. Here's my code for creating the calced field. ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable2").CalculatedFields.Add "Weighted Avg Price", _ "=rev / PosSold" With ActiveSheet.P...

Business Portal 2.5/SQL 2005/Great Plains 8.0
Has anyone been able to get Business Portal 2.5 with SQL 2005 and Great Plains 8.0? We have heard that that they work together. -- Chuck N If you have GP sp4a, you can use SQL 2005. I am not sure about BP though. "Chuck N" wrote: > Has anyone been able to get Business Portal 2.5 with SQL 2005 and Great > Plains 8.0? We have heard that that they work together. > -- > Chuck N Chuck and David, The Business Portal system requirements state: "Business Portal Release 2.5 is not supported with Microsoft SQL Server 2005." -- Donna Marshall Technical Writer...

Upgrade from 1.2 to 3 fails
This is what i receive during the install of CRM v3, any thoughts? Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'. Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D' because of binding errors. Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'. Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D' because of binding errors. Invalid object name 'dbo.MSmerge_contents'. Could not use view or function 'ctsv_2DCF979A518D4783A9A133A2F26C946D' because of binding...

GP 8.0 Not Print Full Report (Detailed Aged Trial Balance w Option
Hello All, I was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue before. When printing the report mentioned in the subject, the full report is rarely output to the printer. It is fully displayed in GP, however when sending to the printer the full report is not output. To make it more interesting, the cutoff page seems to be random. As an example, the most recent report I attempted to print was 195 pages. The first time attempting to print it resulted in 137 pages being printed. Trying a second time resulted in 193 pages begin printed. A third attempt resulted in 34 pages be...

Change Contact mapping for "Track in CRM" button
Many of my users have hundreds or thousands of contacts they want to add to CRM. Many go in without issue, but some names get hacked up in all kinds of strange ways. Example: Dr. Danielle Johnston MD has the salutation "Dr." and the last name of "Danielle Johnston MD", no title or suffix. However, Tim Murphy III, Esq. has the first name of "Esq.", Last name "III", middle name "Tim Murphy". The sales rep did finally find Dr. Johnson alphabetically in the Ds and the attorney in the I section but this is very frustrating for them and CRM is st...

Cannot access CRM from Windows 2003+SP1
I just upgrade my workstation from windows2000 to windows2003+SP1, when I tried to access CRM, it asked for my username and password, once I input and click ok, the IE seems loading something then closed without any error report. I tried to access CRM from other windows 2003 server without SP1, no problem. Is there anything that I can do to solve it? or need to config my IE setting? Any idea? Thank you. Sounds like you have a popup blocker installed. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 1...

Biz Portal 3.0
Does anyone know if there is a way for an administrator or manager to submit time for an employee that is either out sick or on vacation using the Business Portal? If not is the only other way have accounting enter the time in manually via GP clientdirectly? We are using Project Time & Expense v3.0 with Dynamics GP 9.0. Users are authenticating via active directory hooking in the PDK and GP accounts. Please advise ASAP Hi, Please let me know if you are looking for any custom solution. If so drop us a email to discuss. nj.tech@hotmail.com "az_hiker" wrote: > Does a...

Transaction Types #3
I am a new Money user and am wondering if there is a way to create custom transaction types? I have been a Quicken user before now and have had the option of creating custom transaction types i.e. instead of leaving the num field set to blank I would have it say Bill Pay or something like that. I understand it can be typed in each time but is there a way to add custom options to the drop down. Thank you for your time Jeff In microsoft.public.money, kc8duw wrote: >I am a new Money user and am wondering if there is a way to create custom >transaction types? I have been a Quick...

Cannot create a company GP 10 SP3
When I try to create a company in GP 10 SP3, I choose the Create Company option and it creates the new company database in SQL Server 2008. However, it does not create a record in the DYNAMICS.SY01500 or any other record in the DYNAMICS database therefore I cannot go into GP and into this company nor can I give any the ability to anyone to go into this company. Is this a new feature of GP10 SP3? Does it just not work using SQL Server 2008 SP1? Rich, To my knowlege, SQL 2008 has nothing to do with GP DYNAMICS database V10SP3 Company ID listings. I checked in my SQL 2008 Developer editio...

Track in CRM when contact is missing e-mail adress
When I use "Track in CRM" from Outlook, the e-mail message normaly is saved under history for the contact owning this e-mail adress. When the e-mail adress don't exist, the massage is placed in a cue. I don't get any message/alarm. Is it possible to get a message asking me to look up the correct contact or creat one??? -- Ronny Not out of the box, but a good feature suggestion. Maybe as a workaround, in addition to "Track in CRM" you can also use the regarding field to fix link to the contact. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.c...

New to CRM: Importing Outlook Contacts
Going through the wizard it appears to only let you import from the main Contact folder and does not give you a choice of importing from another contact folder. Is there a way to do this? Can you import individual items from your Outlook Contacts by selecting them then somehow importing them as they become suspects? Thanks! Shauna Talk to your MSB about SCRIBE "Shauna" wrote: > Going through the wizard it appears to only let you > import from the main Contact folder and does not give you > a choice of importing from another contact folder. Is > there a way ...

plot > 0 as green and < 0 as red
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE Hi, In a column chart, how can I make the bars/columns where corresponding data point is positive (zero or above) plot in green (or other color) and columns where corresponding data point is negative, plot in red (or a different color)? Thanks! I was so happy when I finally figured it out that I wrote a tutorial: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/InvertIfNegative.html I haven't tried figuring it out for Excel 2007 yet, though. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://Pelt...

Moving CRM 3.0 from one server & domain to another server & domain
We need to move CRM 3.0 from one domain (say Prod1) to another domain (say test1). We need to create a "copy" of our current production env. so that we can continue the development and testing elsewhere. The versions of software on both env. are same. I have tried to read / locate as much helpful info on this as possible. There are workflows and custom entities. Would one use the Export / Import Customizations followed by data migration tool (I believe this does not allow for the custom entities ?). Database backup and restore on another server --- will this work ? What are t...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Normally when I chart I select a range in the sheet and set up the chart. It plots the top number in the range to the left with the last number in the range to the right. Is there a way to plot it just the opposite, the first number in the range is the last plotted? Craig Hi, Here is the manual process, just record it as needed: Select the category axis and choose Format, Selected Axis, pick the Scale tab, and turn on Categories in reverse order. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Craig Brandt" wrote: > Normally when I chart I sel...

Test #3
Test post... Posted at http://www.exemell.com/ ...

Data model in CRM
Quickly, does anyone know which tables relate to call and development plans in CRM? ...

Maintaining multiple cost for the same items in RMS 2.0 HQ
My RMS 2.0 implementation consist of 2 stores and HQ. Is it be possible to mange seperate cost & price for the same item using HQ? i.e Store A & B have the same items but the cost and price may vary between stores. Also, is this practice reccommended Hi Don - HQ will allow you to have different costs per store - there are additional tabs in the Item that allow you to set Store Tax, Store Quantity and Store Cost. If you want to have different Prices at each store you can run a worksheet to change the prices at that particular store. If you don't want the price to change at...

Inserting Rows #3
When I try to insert a row in the middle of my spreadsheet, I receive an error that says: to prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select cell A1, and save your workbook to reset the last cell used. Or, you can move the data to a new location and try again. I have added rows to other spreadsheets without receiving this edit. Is it possible there is a "prompt" turned on that I can turn off to allow me to add rows in the middle of my spreadsheet...

Upgrade from CRM SBE to CRM 3.0 Pro
Not sure if this is the correct froum, but the correct one is kind of hard to pinpoint since it's an upgrade in the app, and the OS. Currently we are running CRM SBE on SBS 2003. We will be moving from SBS 2003 to Windows Server 2003 Standard. In the progress we have to upgrade our CRM SBE to CRM 3.0 Pro. What I'm looking for is the correct path of the upgrade in regads to CRM. We'll be upgrading to SBS R2, then via a transition pack go to Windows 2003 Server. There are a couple of concerns. 1. CRM is currently using SQL 2000: When we move to SBS R2, we will autimatically ...

CRM IN AUSTRALIA
I am looking to speak to any CRM experts that are based in Australia with regards to some tecnical issues that i have at the moment. If anyone can help me could you please drop me a line at cbdit@consultant.co Thank you in advanc Steve Steve feel free to ask any questions here. We normally respond pretty quickly "Steve" <cbdit@consultant.com> wrote in message news:9A3391BF-183F-4804-9488-E05137544F45@microsoft.com... > I am looking to speak to any CRM experts that are based in Australia with regards to some tecnical issues that i have at the moment. If anyone can help...

OWA SSl and CRM
Turning on SSL for outlook web access on Exchange 2003 seems to break CRM email. DOes anyone know a work around? Leo ...

microsoft crm integration 07-25-03
Hi, I want to develop an integration solution with MSCRM, but I don't know where to find Microsoft CRM Integration software. I can do it using POST Callouts, but I'd like to explore also this Integration tool. Thanks, Doru Search on msdn.microsoft.com for CRM and you will find the SDK. you will need coding skills in either C#.net or vb.net "Doru" <ddtana2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1dd501c352dd$56e5d9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to develop an integration solution with MSCRM, but > I don't know where to find Microsoft CRM In...

Multiple Mailboxes #3
I have a couple of users who need access to multiple mailboxes, or at least a couple of e-mail accounts. I am not sure what the best solution would be. 1. Create a separate mailbox for each e-mail address. I noticed in Outlook, under the Exchange options you can setup multiple mailboxes to connect to. That works for Outlook, but what about OWA? 2. Create one mailbox for the user and create additional e-mail addresses under the user account for each additional account. But, the user will also need the ability to send mail from those other accounts. How would I go about setting that up ...

installing SafePay 10.0
Hello: If a client has over thirty companies in GP 10.0 and will only use Safe Pay in say two of those companies, is it OK to just install the module in just those two companies? Or, do you absolutely have to install it in all thirty companies? childofthe1980s Installation of the software is installation wide. You install the chunk files needed on all pcs. Once the software is active, it will require its files, on all companies. You do not have to configure it for use on any other companies but it it requests the files to be created, the message will recur until the files are crea...

Not retaining CRM logon settings in web client
Hi, I know this will most likely be a simple config thing, but it currently has me stumped. On the majority of the web clients we use, the user does not have to login to the CRM server when opening up the app, but on one of the systems, IE demands a user name and password every time, despite the fact the the user selects 'Save Password'. I am curious as to why it is not saving the user's credentials. nb - the browser versions are all the same (XP's IE v6.1) Cheers Chris is this user on the same domain as the crm server? "Chris Ericoli" <cericoli@famill.c...