Integration-Customers

When I create a customer integration, is there a way to populate the address
fields in RM00101? I'm mapping the address fields to the address section
which creates an address record in RM00102.
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin Vogler

0
kvogler (11)

Map an address code to the Address ID field under the Customer collection
(RM00101). IM and GP will do the rest. The address code also needs to be
added under the Addresses collection (RM00102).

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Kevin Vogler" wrote:

> When I create a customer integration, is there a way to populate the address
> fields in RM00101? I'm mapping the address fields to the address section
> which creates an address record in RM00102.
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Kevin Vogler

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/29/2009 2:34:02 PM
Mariano,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried this but the address1, address2, city, etc.
doesn't seem to populate  in RM00101 although the address is added to the
rm00102. Should the address detail fields be populated in RM00101?

thanks
Kevin Vogler
"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Map an address code to the Address ID field under the Customer collection
> (RM00101). IM and GP will do the rest. The address code also needs to be
> added under the Addresses collection (RM00102).
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kevin Vogler" wrote:
>
>> When I create a customer integration, is there a way to populate the
>> address
>> fields in RM00101? I'm mapping the address fields to the address section
>> which creates an address record in RM00102.
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Kevin Vogler

0
kvogler (11)
5/29/2009 3:07:36 PM
I found the issue. This was an integration that was upgraded from 9 to 10. I
didn't review the Options tab on the addresses. In 10 you have to set the
source to "Use Source Datasource" and specify the source (even if you only
have one source). In 9, it defaulted to the source you used for the
customer.

Thanks for your help,

Kevin Vogler

0
kvogler (11)
6/1/2009 1:15:12 PM
I won't have guessed this was an upgraded integration. Thanks for the update
and glad it worked.

Best regards,
--

"Kevin Vogler" wrote:

> I found the issue. This was an integration that was upgraded from 9 to 10. I
> didn't review the Options tab on the addresses. In 10 you have to set the
> source to "Use Source Datasource" and specify the source (even if you only
> have one source). In 9, it defaulted to the source you used for the
> customer.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Kevin Vogler

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Outlook Client makes Settings & Customization menus disappear
Hi all, I've noticed that now I've installed the Outlook Client for MS CRM 3.0, my Settings & Customization menus disappear in the web client. I realise that they shouldn' t be in the Outlook Client (no problem) and figure it's due to a conflict between the two... I've tried deleting my temporary Internet files which works, but was wondering if anyone had found a better (one off) solution that doesn't need this sort of repeated intervention. There are 3 of us who have admin access rights that disappear in this way, so while it's not a huge problem for us (...

RDC Crystal Reports integrated problem
I use Report Designer Component (RDC) in my program to allow user modify reports. I downloaded RDC Merge Modules for Crystal Reports XI Release 2 from BO. It is the zip file contains 4 files: * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Designtime.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Reportengine.msm * CrystalReports11_5_RDC_Runtime.msm I made a build and install but I got the error about license. So, I try to add all 4 merge modules and use the install serial (I bought the Developer Edition) for keycode property of CrystalReports11_5_RDC_License.msm. Unfortunately, ...

Customizing Forms Wizard
It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates objects? For instance, we have internal naming standards for controls and I would like the wizard to name each control according to our standard. I know I can use a form template for the forms created without wizards, but what about controlling the creation of the ones done via wizards too? Thanks in advance, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/151218/EN-US/ Román Valoria wrote: >It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates >objects? > >For ...

Customers & Suppliers Trial Balance in Debits & Credits Format
Hi, Do anyone have a method to bring the Customers & Suppliers Trial balance in debits and Credits format just like how the G/L Trial balance works. Most of the clients are repeatedly asking for this requirement. The report should have Customer ID, Docnumber, Doc Date, payments, receipts, returns, credits accordingly falling into the debit/credit buckets with running balance totals. If the report can be picked up with any date range also, it'd be most beneficial. Thanks Janakiram M.P. ...

Custom Dictionary
I want to add Hi-Build (with a non-breaking hyphen) to a custom dictionary in Word 2007 (UK spelling). The spell checker will neither add it to my dictionary nor ignore it. I have tried editing the dictionary directly and I can get as far as Hi-Buil but then the Add button is greyed out. Can anyone help please? Does the spell check mark this as incorrect? When I checked (with my personal dictionaries switched off) this was not marked as a spelling error.Both hi and build appear to be in the default dictionary. If you want Hi-Build to be always spelled with a non-br...

Importing customer class blanks out tax schedule
Hi - I used Integration Manager to update (only) the customer class. This caused those particular customer's to have their tax schedule ID blanked out. I set all fields other than the customer class to "Use Default". I was expecting no change to fields other than the customer class. Is this wrong? Ginny IM simulates a person keying in data. When you key data into the Customer Class field, by default, it copies data from the class into other fields (like tax schedule). You may have also changed some of the account numbers associated with the customer. -- Richard L...

Custom Receipt #3
I want the customer receipt to have the Customers name instead of the Customers account number (when a customer is attached to the transaction). I want to remove the line that says "You Saved..." when there is a discount or coupon applied. How can I do this? Haik, In the Manager goto Database - Registers - Receipt Formats. click properties for the receipt format that you use. Next click on properties for Sales. On the left you can turn on and off different features of the sales receipt. If you turn on Customer Address it gives you the full customer name and address. There ...

Unable to edit custom dictionary within Word 2008
The first time I tried to edit my custom dictionary (I had accidentally entered a misspelled word) in Word 2008, the Edit button was available, but I was unable to click in and actually edit the list of words that came up. I temporarily gave up and resumed my spellcheck to finish the document. Then I tried again to edit the custom dictionary. Now the Edit button is dimmed, and the only way I can edit the custom dictionary is through the finder (by opening the file in a text editor). No matter which document I open or how many times I relaunch Word, this problem persists. Any suggestions? On...

Customize outlook today doesn't work anymore
When I am in Outlook2000 "Outlook Today" screen, I used to be able to press "Customize outlook today" and organize tasks in due date descending order. I can no longer activate "Customize outlook today" button anymore. Can someone help me? Thanks, Bryant Harris ...

GP Analysis Cube customization
Hi, I would like to rename some of the measures in the GL cube using BI Dev Studio. - Is this supported? - Would the SSIS package continue to work? - Will the future upgrades work? Thank you. This can be done with minimal impact: Open BIDS. Connect to the server and Analysis Services database. In the solution explorer on the right-hand side of the window that appears, select the Financials cube. On the left-hand side of the window, you'll now see a list of the measure groups that exist in the Financials cube. Select the one containing the measures you wis...

Checkbox customization question
How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with multiple professions. From a list of available professions as checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable professions. Any ideas. Try Powertrak Core from www.axonom.com "Arch" <discussion11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b87a74db.0405210819.3232b5d8@posting.google.com... > How can I implement checkbox in MSCRM ? I have a contacts with > multiple professions. From a list of available professions as > checkboxes, the user should be able to check all the applicable > professions. Any...

New entity and relaitonships customization
Hi all: I am working on a CRM v4 system that needs to track government funding programs for doctors at health clinics. The system is set up so that Accounts map to Clinics, and Contacts map to Doctors. The essential process is: A funding object is created, is set to run for a certain number of payments, is set with a start date, periodicity of payments (i.e. weekly, monthly, etc.), and end date, and then is assigned to a doctor at a clinic. If the doctor leaves the clinic, the funding object transfers to the clinic and is suspended until the clinic hires a new doctor and then the fund...

Customer accounts #2
Help! My customers are all employees - if they leave their job, would someone please tell me how to handle the account. I don't see any way to inactivate the account or hide it so it cannot be used. Must I delete it? Please let me know! Donna Hi Donna - I would never recommend deleting an account (if you do all history goes into this black hole type area). If an employee leaves, I would immediately change the 'Customer is an employee' flag and then devise a scheme for identifying 'inactive' customers. Here is what we do: 1) Use the auto generated acct numbers ...

FRx Integration With Business portal
How can I do a dynamic integration between FRx and Business portal so I can generate the required reports direct through Business portal, taking in consideration that we are using Drill down viewer The interface in BP is for viewing HTML reports produced by FRx. I'm not aware of any way to integrate with the viewer. "saleh" wrote: > > How can I do a dynamic integration between FRx and Business portal so I can > generate the required reports direct through Business portal, taking in > consideration that we are using Drill down viewer > ...

Target Date for Entourage Integration with Outlook
I recall reading something from Microsoft that a new Outlook is in the works that will replace the Entourage but can't remember the projection for when this event will take place? aRKay wrote: > I recall reading something from Microsoft that a new Outlook is in > the works that will replace the Entourage but can't remember the > projection for when this event will take place? According to the Mac Mojo blog, it will be released with the next version of Office for Mac, which is slated for release "Holiday 2010". We can probably assume this refers to t...

Brain Teazer Synchronising Outlook with custom app
Hi All I have written a custom db in MS Access that keeps track of all the appointments etc in the office. How would i proceed to get outlook to synch with the db ? Any ideas ? Your help will be appreciated. Regards Charl Du Toit ...

Custom reports, where are the .rdl's found?
I've created a dozen or so custom SRS reports and imported them via the Reportserver. Now, I'll be moving to a new report server and am unable to "extract" my .rdl files (yes, I know, stupid that I didn't keep the originals). Are these held somewhere in the report server or on the web server? I was able to find where the vanilla ones are saved to my custom ones aren't there. I don't want to rewrite them unless absolutely necessary. More Actions did not work either. Thx. Not sure why the 'More Actions/Download report' doesn't work, but the ne...

CRM 1.2: Custom Field with hyphen in name averts default value settings
unfortunately we have customized a lookup-field in crm whose name includes a hyphen months ago. Now this seems to be the reason why it is not possible to change the default value of this lookup. Any experiences with special characters in field names? What can I do now? Is there another reason for my problem with the default values? Any hotfixes? It's a pitty that CRM didn't prohibit the usage of the hyphen on creation of the field, but now months later this error is hard to correct! Had a similar problem with Crystal Reports as well, where a special character in the fieldname averts...

Importing customization problem
Hi, Whenever I try to import any customization.Xml to one our servers it gives me the following error message: Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the files since I have uploaded them to other servers and they worked fine. Does anybody know what’s wrong? Hi Reza, Check if the customization file you are trying to import is from the server that has the same rollup installed. this error is thrown when you try to import a customization file from rollup 2 to one that does not have this rollup installed. ...

Integration between CRM, OA 2007, and Commerce Server
Suggesting... 1) Tight integration between OA 2007 and MS CRM 3.0 2) Tight integration between OA 2007 and MS Commerce Server 3) Tight integration between MS CRM 3.0 and MS Commerce Server. In brief, it would be really nice to see the tight integrations between these 3 packagtes. -- Regards, Andy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

Customize Outlook Today #20
When I click on Customize Outlook Today nothing happens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and it still doesn't work. I have also installed all current updates. Any suggestions??? "Jessica" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:01f701c3ad3a$100705f0$a301280a@phx.gbl: > When I click on Customize Outlook Today nothing happens. > I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office and it still > doesn't work. I have also installed all current > updates. Any suggestions??? > OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Ins...

custom button to launch list of transactions to be voided
so everyone knows you can go to Recall > Void a transaction. can we create a custom button on the right side to go directly to the Void a Transaction command without having to use the recall button? You can use vb or vb.net. see the customization guide. Good luck! -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote: > so everyone knows you can go to Recall > Void a transaction. > > can we create a custom button on the right side to go directly to the Void a > Transaction command without having to use the recall button? A macro is quicker to do but le...

Why does my newsletter lose its custom format when I email it out.
I want to send out an email to a list. I have composed it in MS Word, customized the formatting for boldface, spacing, font size, centered in some places with a weblink. Here's my problem: each time I copy the newsletter from MS Word to the COMPOSE window in my email, I lose all the formatting and it goes out looking plain and uninteresting. I don't even know if I have Publisher (I'm new at making newsletters), but suppose I don't. Can't I just make it work with the Microsoft package I'm already using? Try selecting HTML format in Outlook. -- Mary Sauer M...

custom reports
I'm hoping someone can help me with reports. i have a multi-store operation and need to be able to run a report on headquarters that will break-down what each store has on hand. i can run them individually, but that wastes a lot of time, as well as paper. is there a way to run o/h, sales, committed, o/o in a report showing each stores information? if not, does anyone have a crystal report with this they would be willing to email me? thanks Jim, The first report you want is the Item Snapshot Quantity List. Just drag the ILC to the leftmost column. The second will be a modif...

Custom Form Problem
I am not an expert at all, but have created a custom Task form using OL 2007 (we use exchange 2003 too). I have created a form that basically has a tab called "review sheet". We assign tasks around our small office, and everyone signs off on a particular line on the review sheet as they complete steps. I created the form, saved it to the Organizational Forms Library. Then, I went around to everyone's computer, and in the Forms Manager, copied it from the Org Library to everyone's task folder under their personal mail box. To create a new task, highlight our tasks folder, t...