Integrating GP with Microsoft Project Server

Hello,
we have a prospect who is really interested in integrating GP 10 with their
Microsoft Project Server 2007.  They want to manage the projects in Project
Server, and get project P&L information reporting out of GP, but only do time
entry one time.  We're looking at Business Portal Project Time Entry for the
entry point, but can't find any information or experience in integrating the
entries into Project Server.  Does anyone have any ideas?
--
BrianB
0

I have no experience with these but searched the internet by using the
keywords "GP Project interface".

Here are two of the results:
http://www.mbscrm.com/Products/ProductMicrosoftProjectDynamicsGPProject/tabid/54/Default.aspx

http://www.dynlinkinc.com/solutions/Microsoft_Dynamics_GP/microsoft_project_integration_with_dynamics_gp_pro/index-2.html

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"BrianB" wrote:

> Hello,
> we have a prospect who is really interested in integrating GP 10 with their
> Microsoft Project Server 2007.  They want to manage the projects in Project
> Server, and get project P&L information reporting out of GP, but only do time
> entry one time.  We're looking at Business Portal Project Time Entry for the
> entry point, but can't find any information or experience in integrating the
> entries into Project Server.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> --
> BrianB
0
callen (2505)
6/7/2008 5:12:01 PM
Hi Brian,

If you are interested in learning about custom solution for your
requirements, please drop a email offline to discuss.

Regards,
NJ
nj.tech@hotmail.com

"BrianB" wrote:

> Hello,
> we have a prospect who is really interested in integrating GP 10 with their
> Microsoft Project Server 2007.  They want to manage the projects in Project
> Server, and get project P&L information reporting out of GP, but only do time
> entry one time.  We're looking at Business Portal Project Time Entry for the
> entry point, but can't find any information or experience in integrating the
> entries into Project Server.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> --
> BrianB
0
nj.tech (47)
6/9/2008 5:55:01 AM
Thanks, Charles!  I hadn't tried that search.  These give us a great starting
point.
--
BrianB

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I have no experience with these but searched the internet by using the
> keywords "GP Project interface".
>
> Here are two of the results:
> http://www.mbscrm.com/Products/ProductMicrosoftProjectDynamicsGPProject/tabid/54/Default.aspx
>
> http://www.dynlinkinc.com/solutions/Microsoft_Dynamics_GP/microsoft_project_integration_with_dynamics_gp_pro/index-2.html
>
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "BrianB" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > we have a prospect who is really interested in integrating GP 10 with their
> > Microsoft Project Server 2007.  They want to manage the projects in Project
> > Server, and get project P&L information reporting out of GP, but only do time
> > entry one time.  We're looking at Business Portal Project Time Entry for the
> > entry point, but can't find any information or experience in integrating the
> > entries into Project Server.  Does anyone have any ideas?
> > --
> > BrianB
0
BrianB (54)

Microsoft Dynamics users groups meetings
Would like a montly or quarterly meeting of users to share information and continue to learn the product and all of its modules. Are there any users groups meeting now? I am in Seattle, WA. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Billing Batch error in Project Accounting
I was in the middle of posting a billing batch when my system crashed. Now, if I try to open the batch, I get an error 'You cannot enter a BATCH ID that has unposted receivable transactions. Post the Batch or delete it before you can enter this Batch ID.' I am seeing the transactions for this batch in both PA13100 and PA23100. The batch status is zero in SY00500. The batch is not visible in SY00800. Please help what to do next. HI Scott Have you tried running a batch recovery? "scott" wrote: > I was in the middle of posting a billing batch when my > syste...

integration of totalcommander into win7 64
Hi, for several years I use Totalcommander with XP. A right-click opened a menu with i.e. my virus-scanner (GData Antivirus), so I could scan a file or a directory. Now I changed my system to windows7 home professional (64bit). I installed Totalcommander 7.55a and GData Antivirus 2011. Everything seems to work fine. But unfortunately I could not find the right-click menu in Totalcommander. Any hints or ideas? Thanks in advance Michael Am Wed, 21 Jul 2010 14:50:19 +0200 schrieb Michael Kummer: > Hi, > > for several years I use Totalcommander with XP. A rig...

Integration Manager Version 10.0
I'm looking for the documentation/link on how to ugrade from IM 9.0 to IM 10.0. -- Thanks Titan ...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can NOT shrink the window!! #3
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

How to make sure my email server is not spammer
Any steps or procedure can be advise.? Thanks in advance. Hi, You can start to run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer. Download on http://www.microsoft.com/exchange Regards, -- Menko den Ouden MCSE+I Netherlands "Nickson" <nickson@ms> wrote in message news:ODueFiY9FHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Any steps or procedure can be advise.? > Thanks in advance. > > ...

Excel budget (GP's V7.5)
When trying to import get error "Please enter an existing Excel file". Of course I am. Excel based budgeting has been initialized using sa. Any thoughts? Thanks ...

Project Receivings vs. Shipment invoice issue
I have an issue when you receive PO items for inventory and/or for project items and then either forget that you received the item and do a Shipment/Invoice on that same item. What can you do about the received item for Inventory and non-inventory items? Because for starters, the received item (if an INV item) goes to inventory and accrued purchases until you match the receipt and enter the payable. But a few items had been received, then ship/invoiced and put into inventory again and transfered on the job as well. So, now I have 2 of the same item on the job, one that was only received. ...

Microsoft Money Year End
What is the proper procedure for closing out the year and beginning 2006 in Microsoft Money 2005? There is no particular procedure - you just carry on using Money. One thing you DO NOT want to do is use archive. It doesn't do what you might think and you will lose history. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "mneves" <mneves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049C1125-022F-40C3-AF23-E5...

Invokign a project from another project
Greetings, I have an MFC dialog based project that needs to invoke a dialog from another project. I have the necessary include files. I do not know if I have to set any parent pointers. Can anyone help me. For instance Proj. A contains Proj. B so in the constructor for A I simply declare and object of B and do a new. Needless to say it gives me a linkage error. Any help would be appreciated.. thanks in advance ...

Can Microsoft Exchange be installed to get just POP mail?
We are a small company of 5 staff with Broadband and POP mail from our service provider. Can Microsoft Exchange be used to get our POP mail? Thanks Yes. Use SBS - much more affordable for small orgs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Rillo" <james@taiwo.net> wrote in message news:1142439289.365543.169670@j52g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > We are a small company of 5 staff with Broadband and POP mail from our > service provider. Can Microsoft Exchange be used to get our POP mail? > Thank...

What exactly is microsoft excel used for?
I just need to know what excel is used for. Hi Babyboo Wow, what a question!!!! It is used for so many things, that books have been written about it. Spreadsheets, Databases, to manipulate data of all sorts, by using templates, as payroll packages, invoicing systems, creation of form letters, automating tasks, and and and and "Babyboo" wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. Babyboo wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. --------- Data manipulation... ...

DR Site Exchange Server?
Hey Guys, I want to set up my current Exchange 2003 (Standard) Server to replicate to my Disaster Recovery site... Would I need to purchase another copy of Exchange software for this install? or is it okay to use the same license for that server? Would this be any different if I were to purchase Exchange 2003 Enterprise? or would I still need to buy 2 copies? Thanks in advance... Nobody on this list is authorized to quote Microsoft's licensing terms. Please consult with your Micorsoft representative or reseller, or consult Microsoft's own licensing site for information about li...

how to access to a shared folder on a NAS server
In my AD networks (N.1 Windows server 2003 DC and N. 5 Windows XP domain clients) there is a shared folder on a NAS server (Synology DS 101). The access to this shared folder is restricted to some users defined on the NAS server. This username on the Synology matches the username defined on the AD server. The problem is that when I login on the Windows XP client with one of the username defined even on the NAS server I can access without any problem the shared folder on the NAS server from the Windows XP client. If I login to the Windows XP client with a username that is not define...

Microsoft Excel 2000 Software.
I need to know the steps to take to look at the driving game Easter egg in the Microsoft Excel 2000 Software. ...

windows server 2008 printing issue
hi! i have a server in my office (pc office) using windows server 2008, and a pc at home (pchome) using xp home.i work with an applicattion at home wich is installed in my pc office(server 2008) using remote desktop conection.it allways worked fine with server 2003.Now i use windows server 2008 and have the followinf problem:i have one local printer at home, but when i log into the application installed on the server with remote desktop i can only see the printers installed on the server.but i wan to to print at home to my local printer. ...

Terminal server install domain problem help please
Hi everyone, this is my setup windows 2003 sbs acting as domain controller, exchange, microsoft crm ect windows 2003 standard acting as a terminal server and member server I had a problem with folder redirection which works fine but i manually had to give permission to each individual on the sbs server to the folder redirection folder, is this normal? seems cumbersum My problem is i have install microsoft crm on the 2003 sbs and now i am trying to configure access via the outlook client on the terminal server but i can only get it to work for the administrator. i noticed under the term...

SQL Replication of GP and company databases
Hello Everyone, Anybody in here tried or already had an existing SQL replication? We're trying to do a Snapshot replication (as suggested by my "expert- in-GP" friend) but since it's a BULK replication do you have any network issues?. We're using SQL 2000, have 11 company databases, and a DSL Internet. The subscriber is in remote and we're using VPN to connect to head office. we also need to do this in our company so any one advice? "Stephen Lee Gloria" wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > Anybody in here tried or already had an existing SQL replicati...

How to install CRM 3.0 on Windows Server 2003 x64 version?
Hi there, I have a x64 CPU machine with SQL 2005 x64 version installed. Now I want to install CRM 3.0 on this machine. Is it possible for this? Thanks! Bennett sql 2005 x64 is supported but the web side of things is not. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Bennett" <Bennett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D737C886-2010-4328-A6EE-7A6FEBF20F49@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I have a x64 CPU machine with SQL 2005 x64 version installed. Now I want > to > install CRM 3.0...

Break up: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Do you have any more details on your error or are you just commenting on the error message? "Jason Chen" <jasonkail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O9EnNeDaDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry > for the inconvenience. >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry >for the inconvenience. > > >.I am having the same ...

DHCP server count against the XP max 10 conenction?
I'm trying to settle a dispute I'm having with someone. According to this MS KB (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314882): The max inbound connections on XP Pro is 10. We want to run a small freeware DHCP server from a XP Pro SP2 box, with over 10 client PC's on the same LAN. My collegue seems to think beacuse of the 10-connection limit mentioned above, it wont work. I argue that it won't matter because DHCP doesn't maintain a lasting TCP connection. The clients send a broadcast, get a reply, a few other handshaking packets, they get their IP and the chatter is ov...

Public folder on more than one server?
How can a public store be on more than one server (in terms of replicating public folder trees). I was reading in Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Administrator's companion(Microsoft Press), chapter 2 pg 41, wherein it stated "You can replicate specific folders in the tree to every server in your company that has a public folder store associated with that public folder tree" the picture painted here kinda confused me. I thought you could only have one public store per server, and this made it seem like you could have a different public store on another server, but you cou...

Teams
Many people have commented that once team is created it cant be deleted or disabled, but the help and implementation guide says otherwise. Microsoft can you comment on that? Does it make sense to have teams that dont exist or were created by mistake ? If you search the group, you would see that Microsoft have already confirmed it in this newsgroup "newbie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19e601c4a0cb$2f548510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Many people have commented that once team is created it > cant be deleted or disabled, but the help an...

SQL Server Error when attempting to attach a kbarticle to an email
We are having an issue when we attempt to insert a KB Article into an E-Mail Msg in CRM. When we try to do a full text search in the look up articles box we get the following error: A SQL Server Error occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. We get the same error when we select Keyword and Title search, but we can search by article number and do a subject browse. There is nothing in any of the event logs or the the sql logs. install the rollup update 2.. support.microsoft.com/kb/922815 -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.bl...

Receiving Microsoft Exchange is unavailable
We are using Exchange07 Server/Outlook 2007 client I have ran office diagnostic which did identified/took corrective action on 1 problem; remove/add profile from mail applet in control panel, made sure user is not using cache exchange mode and as a last resort, created a new windows profile. Here is the issue: I have 1 user, when they double click the Outlook icon, they receive: connecting to Microsoft Exchange dialog box. When you type in domain/username + password, you receive Microsoft exchange is unavailable. Your options are: retry, work offline or cancel. I would the...