Integrating CRM 3.0 and GP 8.0 through econnect

Does anybody know how to extract service item info from GP 8.0 to CRM 3.0
using e-connect?
0
Dago (4)

How to restore reports in CRM 4.0
I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) How can I restore these? Thanks James James, Try the command: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server\Tools>PublishReports.exe MicrosoftCRM Peter Gernburd "JamesE" <JamesE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CC6D924-8FFB-4A59-A790-2CCD58FD2ED0@microsoft.com... >I deleted all of the reports in CRM 4.0 from the GUI (using the X) > How can I restore these? > > Thanks > > James Peter, I have already run this comand and the reports have been added to MS Repo...

GP 10 WorkFlow Error 05-27-10
Hi I am receiving an error in GP 10 WorkFlow. At the end the workflow fails with the error. "An error has occurred in the Approval Status". Would be very helpful if any lead could be provided. I googled around but no solution was specified to this error. Kindly Advise. Following is the Content of the Event Log Action: SubmitForApproval Current User LogOnName: FZE\Administrator Input parameters: <RequestObjects> <ArrayOfBusinessObjectSubmissionInformation xmlns:xsi="http:// www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www...

How to create a windows server and client application with NT integrated security
Hi All, I'm delivering a project need to create a sever and client application using NT integrated security. The server supports two modes of security checking: standard security and NT integrated security, Just like the way of SQL Server 2000 is doing. If the server uses standard security mode, the client need to explicitly type in the user name and password in order to connect to the server. If the server uses integrated security mode,the client program will use the crendential of the current logon user to connect to the server and it will be authenticated by the NT domain. With this ...

GP Wildcards
In running SmartLists, are there "wildcard" characters that can be used? Seems like in FRx, we can use characters such as *, ?, & or #. Thanks There aren't any wildcard characters available but you can use begins with, ends with, contains and is between in the search box. That should get you pretty close. Also, the Match all/Match 1 or more setting effectively switches between AND(all criteria) and OR(at least 1 criteria). Mark On Feb 12, 9:21=A0am, Merle <Me...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In running SmartLists, are there "wildcard&q...

CRM do not recognize different character set encoding for incoming e-mail???
I have a problem with some of incoming e-mail. If incoming e-mail character set is not unicode but for example Cyrillic then I dont see russian letters, but some scrawl!!! My Outlook recognize all what I need. Whats about CRM??? Sorry about my poor english. ...

adding a leading 0 to only the numbers with 4 digits
I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 records, I'd like a way to add a leading zero to only the zip codes with 4 characters. Any ideas? thanks Swamp, Format/Cells/Special/Zip Code Beege "SwampYankee" <johndillworth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147451549.294898.147230@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the > leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 > records, I&...

Sending e-mail to external recipient
Hi, We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0. Since the upgrade Users receive an error when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients. We are able to send e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail addresses. The general error is Failed to Initialize token. I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue. Any help is appreciated! Thank you, Donna You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access relay requests from the crm web server ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...

Service Pack Installation Issues with GP 9.00.0247.0 on Windows Vi
Greetings, I have installed Great Plains v9.00.0114.0 on Windows Vista. I ran the installation package MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB923671-v9-ENU, but receive the following messages with result of a failed installation of the Service Pack. Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 10/8/2007 11:50:13 AM Event ID: 11729 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: ABR\administrator Computer: AD088.abr Description: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 -- Configuration failed. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas...

Can't Install IBF for CRM on CRM Server
first i'm install IBF On my CRM v1.2 (it's name testcrm) after that i'm try to install IBF for CRM on my CRM Server but in Step "Publish Metadata" i'm type "http://testcrm:8082" and click next button but it's show message box "The Information Bridge metadata service location is not avaliable" and can't install it. -_-' . but i can access "http://testcrm:8082/IBFWriteService.asmx" and "http://testcrm:8081/IBFReadService.asmx". so how can i install it ? I had the same problem - try using http://localhost:8082 for...

Integration Manager
Using Integration manager i am able to insert fixed allocation accounts for general ledger. However, if i have to make changes to these accounts, say if i want to change percentages and then update the old percentages with the new ones, the updates fail when i use Integration Manager. Error Message displayed - xxxx-xx-xxxx distribution account already exist. Can anybody tell me why is the updates fail and how to overcome it? And please note that integration is set in "INSERT & UPDATE" mode. Doc, Integration Manager does not update transactions. That drop down option should ...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed 01-27-06
I am receiving this message when I try to upgrade my CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0, does any one have any idea what this means? ...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 #8
When down loading messages a message appears (Just started ( that says c:\documents and settings\My Name\application data\microsoft\addins\wfloadin.dll is not a valid office add in Help Go into Tools | Options | Other, click the advanced button, then click the Add-In Manager and COM Add-Ins buttons and see if you find anything weird there. If you see an installed add-in listed that you don't need, disable it and see if the message goes away. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserv...

CRM 4.0 CTP 3 Workflow problems
I'm trying to create a workflow that triggers on Status Change to the Quote Entity, which will create a new task. When I publish the workflow, and then try to do anything with a quote, I receive an error: You cannot switch the execution context's caller if the context is impersonating the system user. Has anyone else seen this in 4.0, and does anyone know what can be done to fix it? Thank you, Brett Whats the role of the user that has published the workflow? Whats the role of the user that is trying to perform action on the quote? If you unpublish the workflow, does the action ...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...

Unable to deliver the message due to a recipient problem #3
Hi can anybody help. I check with varies newsgroup but to no scucess. like for example below When you send mail to an X.400 personal address book (PAB) entry or one-off address, you may receive the following non-delivery report (NDR):... However, this one-off entryis not active in our server. ...

GP 8.0 Shortcut Bar
I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? -- Amanda I believe you are correct. When you upgrade to v9, you will be able to add the window to the shortcut bar. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Amanda" wrote: > I am running into a problem adding the Employee Maint Card to the Shortcut > Bar/ Navigation Pane. Anyone ever run into this? Workaround? > -- > Amanda ...

Help please #8
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C6D1D3.B9AB1720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm having this error message. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Control=20 Event ID: 8231 Date: 9/6/2006 Time: 4:39:10 PM User: N/A Computer: MAIL Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=3DSystem = Policies,CN=3DDOMAIN,CN=3DMicrosoft = Exchange,CN=3DServices,CN=3DConfiguration,DC=3DDOMAIN,DC=3Dcom':'MAD.EXE'= ,...

CRM permissions 04-20-04
A recently installed instance of CRM is not allowing users to create new objects; contacts, accounts, leads etc. from their desktops. The same user can add these objects from the CRM server. I figure it is a permission problem with the desktops but cannot find anything else to configure. The users have the appropriate permissions since they can add from the server. Any suggestions? Check their IE security settings. Also look in the bottom left hand corner of the IE screen to see if any scripting errors appear "Gifford" <Gifford99@msn.com> wrote in message news:1a5d01c4...

Microsoft Hosted cRM
Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow customization of form appearance based on Business Units, Roles or Teams? Without this ability I am finding it hard to justify even considering this application (as our customers have wildly varying data for their orders and invoices). Hi Chris This is definitely possible. We have tested this in our hosted environment sucessfully. I does require some custom JavaScript attached to the CRM form OnLoad event though. "Chris" wrote: > Is it possible using the Microsoft CRM Hosted environment to allow > cus...

Custom Report in CRM 3.0
Hi, I have a custom report built up using SSRS. My report project has two rdl files. First Report has some fields with links, on clicking any of the filed will show the details of the field in the second report. When I try to upload the report in CRM 3.0, I find only one RDL file can be uploaded. how do I upload both the files in crm?? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Karthik You should able to upload both reports to CRM, when you try to upload the second report, what is the error? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com On Jan 7, 10:28=A0am, K...

Need CRM overview
I will be evaluating CRM for my business and was hoping someone could list out the software and computing environment needed to make this work. Do I need to run a core crm app off a server? Is it all standalone? A laundry-list sort of thing would be most appreciated. Thanks! I need exactly what David needs, too. -- Jocelyn jocelyn.puegner@hotmail.com "David Smith" wrote: > I will be evaluating CRM for my business and was hoping someone could list > out the software and computing environment needed to make this work. Do I > need to run a core crm app off a serve...

Changing Average Cost GP 9.0 Error
When we try to change the average cost information for an item per the documentation, (tools >> utilities >> inventory >> change average cost), we get this message. "Use the Inventory Adjust Costs window to change the cost of one or more reciepts. The average cost of an item is recalculated when teh changes are proceses" We would like to change it without using the Inventory Adjust Costs window because there are no recent purchases and receipts of the particular item in question Would anyone have any suggestions? The average cost is the aver...

Global Address List not updating #3
Hi, We have SBS 2003, and last week I added various Distribution Groups. I added them in the Active Directory and Users tool and they appear there and under Distribution Groups in the Server Managment. However in Outlook, non of these distribution groups appear in the Global Address List. Anyone have an idea what could be wrong or how to force the Global Address List to see the changes? Thanks! What clients are you using? Have you tried a rebuild in ESM? Nue "Lee" <noreply@infinityconcepts.net> wrote in message news:uOC0kHMXGHA.752@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi...

Got to 0 - I do not understand
Hello, Someone can help me on this error to 0 So I have a little sub that copy several times the same sheet (Sheet 2 --> Template) according to the number of name in the rngRange (range) in sheet1 For example, if I have three names in range rngRange (Report1, Report2, and Report3) then it will copy three times the sheet2 and I will rename it accordingly report1, report2 and report3 I am getting Err 0 problem, I could resolve on putting On Error GoTo 0 in the end of the sub. Someone can help me on understanding this issue :) ? Ina '-------------------------------------------------...