Installation of LCS 2005 SP1 in a 64 bits server running OS 2003 R

Two situations:

First:
With .NET Framework 2.0 & 3.0 install, the LCS installation does not report
any errors, but the LCS console is blank. The workaround stated in kb926921
does not work in this case. Also, the live communications tab for the user
configuration does not show up either.
The LCS start after a reboot but still the same condition and I'm not able
to configure the service.

Second:
Without .NET Framework installed got the following message and the
installation failed:
Product: MSFT Office Live Communications Server 2005 - - Error 1935. An
error occurred during the installation assembly
“ServerAgent,publicKeyToken=”31bf3856ad364e35”, version “2.0.0.4”,
processorArchitecture=”x86”.
HRESULT: 0x8002802F. assembly interface:, function:
CreateAssemblyNameObject, component: {1F8AC5D4-78CA-45B2-B785-BDDCD27BEAAE}

Is anyone has experience this situation? Any solutions or workaround?

thanks for the help in advance.

0
Jose (88)

CRM install killed Remote desktop for SBS 2003
Does anyone have a clue why the Remote access dies when CRM is installed? It seems that the remote Exchange works just fine and the internet public web page does as well. Just Remote is no longer accessable...why? You'll want to see if CRM was installed in your default web site. If so, you'll need to reinstall several things from the SBS 2003 CD. The remote portion, I believe, is found under the "Intranet" option on the CD when you reach the "Server Tools" setup. If you did install CRM in the default website, you'll need to reinstall CRM as well (not in t...

Other References for VBA on Mac OS X?
Does VBA on Mac OS X have any References (object/type libraries) other than the default ones supplied with the Office X installation? And if so, where/how does one obtain them? -- Debi On 3/31/04 7:27 PM, in article 1e3d5e9a.0403311927.3abf148@posting.google.com, "Debi" <debit72@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does VBA on Mac OS X have any References (object/type libraries) other > than the default ones supplied with the Office X installation? And if > so, where/how does one obtain them? There's no VBA specific to a particular Mac OS. It's specific to the version of Of...

OS X 10.3.3 & Office 98 partial launches
I transferred Office 98 folders from my old G4 OS9.2.2 system to a G5 10.3.3. Most of my OS 9 apps, including very old and recent ones, load and work properly. However each app in Office [Word, Excel, PP] load partially: PP actually gives me the OPen new project dialogue, Excel and Word only get to the splash screen, and then they crash. Alerts have popped up during some of the partial launches saying that ATM can't do this or that. So presumably this has something to do with fonts. If so what fonts does MS Office need, etc. Can anyone help me with details or suggest a line of trial an...

Exchange failover + SBS 2003
Hi All! Is there any way for redundecy for Exchange server on SBS 2003. I wanted to have one more server with exchange which automatically takes over if SBS 2003 premium fails so that users doesnt fail any downtime because of SBS 2003 failure they gets redirected to another failover server to which I want to keep at remote location. Please Advice On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 01:14:02 -0800, "Absar" <Absar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All! > >Is there any way for redundecy for Exchange server on SBS 2003. > >I wanted to have one more server with exchange ...

Exchange 2003 #19
Can anyone tell me if Exchange 2003 gives the ability to control the general category list from the server level rather than at the client. Outlook categories are still controlled by the client. On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:29:24 -0700, "M. Bergquist" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me if Exchange 2003 gives the ability to >control the general category list from the server level >rather than at the client. ...

Exchange 2003 features depends on Active Directory 2003
Beside RPC over HTTP, which need to upgrade the AD schema to Windows Server 2003, any other features rely on AD 2003 ? Thanks. Check out the whole list here: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/win_compare.asp -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Copo" <copo@mail.hongkong.com> wrote in message news:OSWUQoHTEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Beside RPC over HTTP, which need to upgrade the AD schema to Windows Server > 2003, any other features rely on AD 2003 ? > > Thanks. > ...

Vista and Money 2005 ofx import problem
I recognise some names here from another forum but I thought it may be helpful to canvass some more opinions/expertise. I have Vista Ultimate running and have succesfully loaded Money 2005 UK and updated via the internet. Everything works fine except the bit I need ! I use Barclays Bank and have downloaded .ofx files for several years (Barclays does not support QIF). When trying to do this in Vista I get an error message saying the file is corrupt or not recognised. I have tried all manner of things including testing the ofx file etc and it appears fine and will load into Money run...

re-install?
Using MS Publisher 2000, its been installed for a long time on my IBM Netvista P4, Win XP Pro system. I installed Partition Magic and set up an additional partition on my hard drive (250 GB) and thereafter Publisher will not load. When I try to load it I get the following message: "This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from the location where you originally installed the application". I've un-installed and re-installed Publisher and still the same results. I suspect there is some entry in my registry that is not allowing a pure clean install of Publisher...

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

Office 2003 & MSN Messenger Incompatability
I have Windows XP Home Edition and Office 2003. I also subscribe to MSN and use MES messenger. Apparently there is an incompatability between both Microsoft packages. I can't get hep from either Microsoft or Dell. Microsoft says since the software was purchased from Dell I should contact them unless I agree to pay a fee. Dell says that the problem is with MSN. Again Dell would help but only if I paid a fee. My problem is when I click on a website e-mail quicklink Outlook starts up instead of MSN messenger. Outlook can't complete the e-mail because of the software prob...

I am having problem while installing MS Dynamics in Win XP
I am trying to install Microsoft Dynamics in Win XP, it gives an error saying MS Exchange server 2003 SP1 has to be istalled first I dont have MS exchange server installed in Win XP,what I have is outlook only Can I go ahead and install SP1 for win XP ( THIS IS AN OFFLINE INSTALLTION RIGHT NOW I am not using outlook to get my Email) Let me know how to install the same and the precaution I have to take Most of the errors expected are given for WIN 200 SERVER & 2003 SERVER IN TECHNET HENCE THIS QUESTION TO TYE COMMUNITY Regards Harish We cannot help unless you are m...

problem installing the windows vista security error code 80070020
it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to do help plz You receive error 0x80070020 when you use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site to install updates: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825 dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat > to > do help plz dariyel wrote: > it installs hald way then stoped with the error code 80070020 dont no wat to > do help plz Is the keyboard not functioning properly ? Please see: How to ask a question h...

Termainal Server Dynamics Connectivity
Does Dynamics and Terminal server have to be installed on the same machine? Or can you create a shortcut from the terminal server to a Dynamics install on another server. thanks! -- Doug You ave to have the Great Plains (Dynamics) client installed on the TS The Great Plains/SQL Server whould be on another machine HS "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A75582F7-4629-43B1-8A17-75931FB90BE1@microsoft.com... > Does Dynamics and Terminal server have to be installed on the same > machine? > Or can you create a shortcut from the terminal se...

Windows 2003 terminal services
Hi Has anybody installed CRM 1.2 outlook 2003 client on Windows 2003 terminal services? We are running the main CRM program on a separate server. The Outlook client does not support a multi-profile installation. It can only be installed for 1 profile on the machine. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sun, 4 Apr 2004 12:13:55 +1000, "John Koziaris" <john@alltasks.com.au> wrote: Hi Has anybody installed CRM 1.2 outlook 2003 client on Windows 2003 terminal services? We are running the main CRM program on a se...

Outlook 2003 icon changes randomly
Not a big deal but very weird: My outlook icon (both on the desktop, and the QuickNav bar) changes every other time I restart Windows: Sometimes its the new orange icon Sometimes its the Office 2000 icon. Very strange. I'm running Windows 2000. I can't figure out how this could happen. When its showing the old icon, it still loads the new version. Also, if I right-click, properties...change icon, only the old icon shows in the list of choices. Any clues? Eric ...

How do I correct the (0X800CCCF4) error in Outlook 2003
I use Outlook 2003 as my email program. When trying to download messages from my Hotmail Plus account I recieve the following error message continiously -"Task Hotmail: folder: Inbox:Downloading all items.'reported error (0X800CCCF4): An unknown error has occured.'" ...

Outlook 2002
Every time I start-up, recieve or send an email Windows Installer trys to run. I hit cancel and the action will complete normally. If I don't hit cancel, it asks for the install disk, however this is an exsisting company computer and the the original disk is nowhere to be found. This started when we were mistakenly told that a copy of Office 2007 that was purchased had two installs allowed. Word and Excel was loaded on this machine. We then discovered we were given bad info and uninstalled them. Outlook 2007 was never installed. Verify that no Office 2007 part is installed a...

Exchange Server Cluster Licensing
How many Exchange 2003 Enterprise server licenses are required to support a 2-node active/passive Exchange cluster and a 3rd Front End server to support OWA? One for the cluster and one for the FE server? Thanks, Ken You can use Exchange 2003 Standard for the Front-End. Active/Passive failover - In Active/Passive fail-over clustering, only one server is actively running one or more SQL Server databases or SQL Server-based applications at any one time. The other acts as a backup server, and is configured such that if the first server fails, the database(s) or application(s) it is runnin...

Does Exchange 2003 SP1 apply to SBS 2003?
Wes - Yes, Exchange 2003 SP1 applies to the Exchange 2003 that installs with SBS 2003. You may want to have a look at Susan's blog (http://msmvps.com/bradley/) as there are several "SP1 on SBS heads-up" issues documented there. -- Evan Dodds Microsoft Exchange Support ****** Disclaimer ****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Note: Please do not reply to this e-mail address. It is used for newsgroup purposes only. "Wes Tatum" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA8E60BE-F58A-45B6-A...

Rasing Exchange 2000 server to native mode level
In my production environment I have a primary DC which is Windows 2000 server hosting DNS, DHCP and Active Directory, and one Exchange 2000 Standard on a sperate server part of the same forest. I do have one NT 4.0 in the same forest as my Exchange 2000 server. My Development environment Primary DC is on NT 4.0 server and they just have two way trust with Windows 2000 DC. I also have other development domains which are only Windows 2000 servers. My Questions is: Does rasing Exchange 2000 standard server level to native mode raises Windows 2000 servers to native mode? Any help is mu...

E2k3 ESM on Win2003 member server -Error 8240
I installed the ESM on a Windows 2003 member server using a custom install, and chose to only install the ESM. However, now this member server is listed in ESM as an installed server with mounted stores. When I go into Add/Remove wizard to remove the Messaging installation (Which it does show as installed btw), I am told there is no object on the server. If I try to remove the server from ESM per the article below, I get the same error as Add/Remove: --------------------------- Microsoft Exchange Installation Wizard --------------------------- Setup encountered an error while checking pr...

backing up exchange 2003 using arcserve v11
hi all, i know that this may not be directly a problem with exchange but i thought i'd post this anyway for anyone who uses arcserve to backup their exchange. i just installed brightstor arcserve v11 on my windows 2003 server. i'm using this to backup my exchange 2003 enterprise w/sp1 (installed on win 2003-this is a separate server from my backup). i installed the exchange backup agent on my exchange server and the client agent for windows with no problem. i've created the brick level account thru this agent eventhough i will not be using brick level backup. here's...

Send and receive e-mail on Office Outlook 2003 vs Outlook Express
Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to be okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to Outlook Express. How can I have just one system (Microsoft Office Outlook 2003) Remove your email accounts from OE. Have you set them up in Outlook yet? "Felix Stein" <Felix Stein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8332AC71-6E21-41A8-B4EE-103FDFDDBB08@microsoft.com... > Recently installed Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and everything seems to > be > okay, calendar, tasks etc., except that my e-mail still goes to...

Exchange 2003 Public Folder NDR Loop on Auto Reply
Problem: A specific public folder is set to collect resumes of employment candidates that respond to job posted in local newspapers. Occasionally, spammers email in to the public folder with a legitimate reply domain.com but a non-existant username@domain.com. Because the server name is legit but the user isn't, the "Thank you for sending your resume." reply bounces off that server and it sends the public folder an NDR. The Public Folder interperates this as another inbound resume and resends the "Thank you", which in turn generates another NDR. This happens up t...

Outlook 2003 Auto Send/Receive #2
Hi, i need help please, In my Outlook 2003 the Auto Send/Receive stopped working, to check my mails i have to manually click on send/receive so that i receive emails. I did check all the necessary options, and all are OK. and i did check to see if Work Offline is checked and its not. the Include this group in send/receive is checked, and Schedule an automatic send/receive every 10 min. is checked. I use regular POP3 mail with windows xp sp2. please if someone can help me solve this problem of mine. Thank you -- hyewiz With Outlook closed, find and delete the .srs file you will find us...