Install new Country/Region client for GP10 on terminal server

I have a 2008 Terminal Server with a US GP10 client installed. I need to
install the UK&Ireland Client for our UK office.

I created an installer package from the Feature Pack 1 DVD with the
installation pointing to c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$UK and
using the UK language setting.

When I run the installer it acts like it's installing but when finished,
nothing has been installed. I do have to run utilities before I can log in to
the US client.

What am I missing?

Thanks,
DavidF.
0
DavidF (157)

When you say "nothing has been installed", do you mean there are no files in
the GP$UK program file location?

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"davidf." wrote:

> I have a 2008 Terminal Server with a US GP10 client installed. I need to
> install the UK&Ireland Client for our UK office.
>
> I created an installer package from the Feature Pack 1 DVD with the
> installation pointing to c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$UK and
> using the UK language setting.
>
> When I run the installer it acts like it's installing but when finished,
> nothing has been installed. I do have to run utilities before I can log in to
> the US client.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
> DavidF.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/13/2009 2:03:01 PM
Have you tried installing directly from the DVD?  In the time you spend
creating an install package, running it, diagnosing problems.....you could do
it the simple way.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"davidf." wrote:

> I have a 2008 Terminal Server with a US GP10 client installed. I need to
> install the UK&Ireland Client for our UK office.
>
> I created an installer package from the Feature Pack 1 DVD with the
> installation pointing to c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$UK and
> using the UK language setting.
>
> When I run the installer it acts like it's installing but when finished,
> nothing has been installed. I do have to run utilities before I can log in to
> the US client.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
> DavidF.
0
info4071 (3005)
7/13/2009 3:22:01 PM
Yes, there are no files in the GP$UK folder.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> When you say "nothing has been installed", do you mean there are no files in
> the GP$UK program file location?
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "davidf." wrote:
>
> > I have a 2008 Terminal Server with a US GP10 client installed. I need to
> > install the UK&Ireland Client for our UK office.
> >
> > I created an installer package from the Feature Pack 1 DVD with the
> > installation pointing to c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$UK and
> > using the UK language setting.
> >
> > When I run the installer it acts like it's installing but when finished,
> > nothing has been installed. I do have to run utilities before I can log in to
> > the US client.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > DavidF.
0
DavidF (157)
7/13/2009 3:44:01 PM
 Hi David

I am not familiar with windows 2008 but in the older versions you had to
install in Application mode on a TS server. You did this by going to the
add/remove programs window and select the otion for new program.

Are you installing GP this way?
--
Fliehigh

"davidf." wrote:

> I have a 2008 Terminal Server with a US GP10 client installed. I need to
> install the UK&Ireland Client for our UK office.
>
> I created an installer package from the Feature Pack 1 DVD with the
> installation pointing to c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$UK and
> using the UK language setting.
>
> When I run the installer it acts like it's installing but when finished,
> nothing has been installed. I do have to run utilities before I can log in to
> the US client.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks,
> DavidF.
0
Fliehigh (443)
7/13/2009 4:44:01 PM
Have you tried installing from the Feature Pack 1 DVD image? I am suspecting
that since SP2 (or above) is required to run on Windows Server 2008, it's
quite possible that your client installation package is not working, because
if I remember correctly, when this installation package is buit, it requests
the installation CD to retrieve the GreatPlains.msi file and other components.

You should not have a problem if you install from the FP1 DVD image or build
a client installation package using the FP1 DVD image.

Best regards,
--

"davidf." wrote:

> Yes, there are no files in the GP$UK folder.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > When you say "nothing has been installed", do you mean there are no files in
> > the GP$UK program file location?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "davidf." wrote:
> >
> > > I have a 2008 Terminal Server with a US GP10 client installed. I need to
> > > install the UK&Ireland Client for our UK office.
> > >
> > > I created an installer package from the Feature Pack 1 DVD with the
> > > installation pointing to c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\GP$UK and
> > > using the UK language setting.
> > >
> > > When I run the installer it acts like it's installing but when finished,
> > > nothing has been installed. I do have to run utilities before I can log in to
> > > the US client.
> > >
> > > What am I missing?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > DavidF.
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

setting to have email saved on Exchange server instead of PST
Hi, In Outlook 2007, is there a setting to have all the email saved to an Exchange Server rather than to a PST file? Thanks Steve Set the default delivery location to the exchange acct in tools, account settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://w...

Microsoft CRM server is not responding
Hi, Workflow Manager write: The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you are not a valid user. Fro more information, contact your system administrator. How fix it? In IE i can logon to CRM. ----- wbr, Eugene I've resolved this problem by restoring the metabase with the original version in IIS Regards Edgard Eugene wrote: > Hi, > > > Workflow Manager write: > > The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if > it is currently un...

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

MSCRM 3.0 (How does the user access Microsoft CRM from server)
Hi, I have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows Small Biz Server. I am able see Sales, Marketing, Services running on the server. I want to let the respective user to see the UI, how do let them access from their computer. Thanks patric They would enter the URL for the server (http://servername). They may also need the port (by default http://servername:5555). -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "pat" <pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF870F9-D86C-4947-9118-92696BDF7281@microsoft.com... Hi, I have installed Microsoft CRM 3.0 on Windows Small...

Dropped connection to POP3 servers
Just installed Office 2003 under XP Home. Outlook is dropping connection to POP3 servers, I check 2 different servers with a S/R. Both fail at the same time, never separately. Sometimes I can exit Outlook gracefully but a reboot is required to get Outlook to work again. Sometimes locks entire system and have to powerdown manually. Pattern not fully determined but it appears to happen when there is other activity to the internet that is going to specific servers using an ID and password. I use Medved Quotetracker with E*Trade quotes (requires ID). If I bring up Quotetracker, Ou...

XP Install
I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resides. Could someone provide a link giving me the process I should follow to successfully complete the upgrade ?? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On 06/20/2010 04:52 AM, Dilly Dally wrote: > I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resid...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Business contact manager install failure
Office 2007 BCM gives me this error when I try and install it: Setup cant finish because it can't delete: c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\temp_MS_AgentSigningCertificate_database_log.LDF Any ideas? ...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Outlook 2000 client Connection TimeOut w/ Ex5.5 server???
Hi, we have a really intriguing issue that started recently. Outlook users, when clicking on an item in the Mailbox, will get the message "Can't open this item. The operation could not be completed because of an error on the network. Try to log on to the network again, and then repeat the operation." The user will click OK, and usually will be able to open the same item in one or two attempts. The Envrionment: Ex5.5 SP4, Outlook 2000. It is ONLY the Windows98 users that is seeing this message, on NT and W2k stations, there's this occassional hour-glass when we click on an ...

Exchange Server C Drive No free space
Hi All, Need some advise. The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408). When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able to send email. I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be cleaned). Anyone experience this before? Thanks in Advance for the help. -- Danny Chieng Technical Engineer On Wed, 26 Jul 2006...

Exchange server reporting tool
Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Thanks sl =?Utf-8?B?c2xhd2Fs?= <slawal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:735D2C55-FB0E-44F4-8F6B-274B754A9FBE@microsoft.com: > Could someone recommend an exchange server reporting tool other than > promodag? I will really appreciate the help. Quest messagestats is good stuff. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com i second that... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Arlo Clizer" <aclizer@online.goo...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...

How do I recover lost contacts etc after having to re-install?
I was instructed to reinstall Oulook and have now lost all my contacts calander reminders etc. Can anyone advise how I can recover these? Reinstalling never loses data. Just find your previous data file (a hidden file with a *.pst extension) and open it in Outlook. For future reference, you should always know where your data file is and back it up. Basic common sense with computers: back up your data or be willing to lose it. -- Russ Valentine "Julz" <Julz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAEB4CCB-20B8-4385-8578-619B5900312A@microsoft.com... ...