Inserting New rows into IV00108 Table

I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another
table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will
not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id column.
Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table
since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am
adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0.
Thank you
Ken

DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate.
In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it)

"kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:132F9415-F813-47EE-8529-336A400535FC@microsoft.com...
>I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another
> table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will
> not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id
> column.
> Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table
> since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am
> adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0.
> Thank you
> Ken

0
HSalim (1270)
8/20/2007 5:27:44 AM
I have tried that in the DTS and it is still giving and error that says "null
cannot be added and gives the dex_row_Id as the column"

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> DEX_ROW_ID is an identity column so it will auto populate.
> In DTS do not map a value for DEx_Row_ID (ignore it)
>

> "kfoster@pfeinc.com" <kfosterpfeinccom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:132F9415-F813-47EE-8529-336A400535FC@microsoft.com...
> >I am trying to insert new rows of data into the Iv0018 table I have another
> > table in SQL with tthe data but when i use DTS to append this data it will
> > not let me because of a null value being inserted in the DEX_row_Id
> > column.
> > Is there a SQL script that will allow me to apend this data to this table
> > since the part numbers already exisits this is another pricelevel i am
> > adding. This is SQL 2000 and GP 9.0.
> > Thank you
> > Ken

Row Not Found at the Subscriber
http://sanssql.blogspot.com/2010/05/row-not-found-at-subscriber-replication.html Regards, Sandesh Segu http://sanssql.blogspot.com/ ...

Automatcally Hiding Rows in Excel 2000 #2
Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule (ie if there is no data in a row, we want to hide that row without doing it manually)? We have a couple of ideas which involve VB code which reacts to data within that row but if anyone has done this before or knows of a way to do it, that would be great. Thanks in advance! Tom Starr http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F625B17.4BF93224%40msn.com Was a reply you got to your first post. Tom Starr wrote: > > Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule > (ie if there is no...

conditional formatting of row based on cell
I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row based on the contents of one cell in that row. For example, if cell L2 contains the word 'sport', i want the whole of row 2 to be shaded. I'm guessing this is pretty simple, but seem to be having a bit of a mental blockage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :) formula is =$l$2="sport" "Katherine" <katherine@katherine.com> wrote in message news:107b01c372ef$4ec59e30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row > based on the contents of one...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Selecting rows from various sheets #4
Cheers Fran -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 ...

Tables in Publisher
I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the whole table. Is there a quick way to get a line on the bottom of every cell without having to select every single cell and add the line? Thanks. silver wrote: > I'd like to set up a table in Publisher with lines on the bottom of every > cell - like a list. When I select the table and ask for a line on the bottom, > it only gives me a line on the bottom border of the who...

Keep Added Custom Fields on New Projects
We are importing information from our bidding software. The export is created in XML file. We know the custom fields that are created. How do I make MS Project use the same "look" everytime? I want it to remember the custom fields I created and use that as my default blank project. I don't care about the tasks because those could be different every time. I just want to be able to create each project with the same columns every time. Create or update a view/table with the custom fields and layout you are wanting. Then change the Tools-->Options--View tab to ...

Data Tables
In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that. Steve Looks that way, at least in Excel97 (my ver) But we could always mirror the data tables (or parts thereof) elsewhere (eg: another sheet) via simple link formulas -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Steve D" <sdrenker_(you_know_what_here)_media.sj.nec.com> wrote in message news:ufhMsZfyFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Formatting data table
I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case! As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without the data table, but that is second best. Looking forward to any help If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking on 'format data table' and the font tab. You can type in the size ...

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

CRM 4 new feature
Hi Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? The CRM3 email feature is pool. -- Gordon A brief scan around google will tell you the publicly announced features of CRM V4. Those of us testing the product are under NDA so cannot publicly say anything. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "GordonLiq" <GordonLiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5593E39-A2A3-4E81-B608-6889732ECA22@microsoft.com... > Hi > Is anyone know the new feature of CRM4? > The CRM3 email feature is pool. > -- > Gord...

Reinstall Money on New Hard Drive
I installed Money Plus Deluxe on a desktop and a laptop, which expires Feb. 2010. The hard drive has to be replaced on the desktop and probably won't last much longer. Since I already activated Money twice, my understanding is that my choices are to purchase another copy of Money Plus to install on new hard drive and use until it expires in 2011, or purchase Quicken now to convert files and then re-install Quicken on new hard drive. Or would I be able to download my backup files of Money on new hard drive and then convert to a fresh install of Quicken without doing the con...

Insert Row Under current row (with formulas/formatting)
I've got a sheet that gets appended to regularly but have to do a lot of fiddling to make sure the formatting is correct, calculated fields get added and chart series ranges collect all the data every time I add a new row. The insert (row) command seems to take care of all of this but it inserts the empty row above the current row. As I'm always appending data to the sheet, I would prefer this to be below the current row. I've tried adding a dummy row under all the data containing the formulas and formatting I need but unfortunately I get formula errors and it screws up my chart....

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

Processing Functions in a Table
Hi, I'm running Access 2003. I have a table that contains the following information: Item Count --- --- Postings =DCount("*","tblDocBoat","[ToPost]=True") Floating Copies =DCount("*","tblFloatingCopy","[Approved] = False") Releases =DCount("*","tblReleaseReq","[Processed] = False") Is there a way when I can get the functions to process, rather than showing the code, when viewing the table through a form or simply viewing the table? i.e: Item Count --- --- Po...

Sales Distribution Entry table
Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales Distribution Entry window? Thanks. On Feb 27, 10:44=A0am, ALGP <gpjef...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales > Distribution Entry window? > > Thanks. SOP10102 ...

Pivot Table Source Data
I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has my brain turned to mush? thanks for the help in advance. Bryan P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but ...

Add a new code macro
I have workbook that I am trying to use with a macro form another post on this form. It inserts a new row with the formulas and contents of the selected row. The problem is that it copies the row below the one selected, and because of this, I can not make a copy of row 2 below the column headers. Any ideas? Thanks. Here is the code: '/=======Start of Code==========================/ Sub InsertRowsAndFillFormulas() 'adds desired # of lines below the current line and ' copies the formulas to that/those lines 'added selection of more than one worksheet ' - Gary L. Brown &#...

2 existing spreadsheets show 1st line rather than header row to sort ...
(XL2003) This is odd, I haven't seen this ever before. I was working on spreadsheets yesterday for a mail merge. Two had headers rows. I cleaned up both documents, put print area and then tried to sort. In both cases, what came up in the sort was the first row below the header where one always sees the actual titles of the header row when one selects the Header Row radio button under "My List Has" in the "Sort" box. I fiddled and fiddled a bit and managed to get one of the workbooks to display the sort properly by the header row titles - without figuring out what ...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

how to deal with duplicate data rows
I need to interface with a program that generates a .csv file with row of data. It generates 2 or more rows for each instance uniquely identified by the docket/page combination Example: last first bank trustee docket page smith john ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 (blank field) (blank field) cal western 12235 8907 smith janet ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 I need to consolidate all three lines into one row by concating field that contain different data (first name column) and columns with blan spaces to look like the ...

New Entity visit Report and Integration of Participants (MS CRM 3.
Hello Newsgroup, We have created a new Entity called visit reports. We have to add Participants in this new entity. It would nice, if we could have a field like the Participants in the appointment, where you can select the Participants from Contacts, Accounts, and Users. I'll hope , some of you have a idear. Regards Thomas You have to create a new relationship for your custom entity to the types of participants you want to be available. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Thomas Haller" wrote: > Hello Newsgroup, > > We have created a new Entity...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

How do I create a new macro in Outlook 2007?
Below is the macro, copied from MS Word, where it works perfectly! In Outlook I get all sorts of error messages and debugging, which I don't understand. Thanks for any help. Sub SafariCare() ' ' SafariCare Macro ' Macro recorded 6/4/2007 by Eva Wilson ' Selection.TypeText Text:= _ "Thank you for your participation in the SafariCare program! " Selection.TypeText Text:= _ " Attached are the program guidelines for your convenience. " Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeParagraph Selection.TypeText Text:= _ ...

more than 65, 500 rows
Is there a product that allows more than 65k rows? ...