Input to custom reports

Hello,

I'd like to be able to input values to a custom report like the Year.  Is
there any way to package a custom report and provide input to it? Every year
the user has to go into the custom report and change the Year restriction.
Alternatively, (this is a payroll report), is there any global variable or
some other back door that I can use to get the current year in a custom
report? Given the report writer may not be the ticket what would the
recommendation be to create custom reports that require input? VB.NET?
--
Russ
0

Using VBA you can allow for input in the custom reports. But for really good
and easy reports from the user's perspective, I would go with Crystal Reports
or SQL Reporting Services.

"rhg" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to be able to input values to a custom report like the Year.  Is
> there any way to package a custom report and provide input to it? Every year
> the user has to go into the custom report and change the Year restriction.
> Alternatively, (this is a payroll report), is there any global variable or
> some other back door that I can use to get the current year in a custom
> report? Given the report writer may not be the ticket what would the
> recommendation be to create custom reports that require input? VB.NET?
> --
> Russ
0
CharlesAllen (483)
10/31/2005 6:09:27 PM
Usually I use Crystal Reports when a report requires user inputs and
parameters. It is much more easier and powerful then the Report Writer.

"rhg" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to be able to input values to a custom report like the Year.  Is
> there any way to package a custom report and provide input to it? Every year
> the user has to go into the custom report and change the Year restriction.
> Alternatively, (this is a payroll report), is there any global variable or
> some other back door that I can use to get the current year in a custom
> report? Given the report writer may not be the ticket what would the
> recommendation be to create custom reports that require input? VB.NET?
> --
> Russ
0
Shariq (273)

Detailed Sales Report Issues
From: "Stephen Zwarts" <stephen.zwarts@immix.co.za> Subject: Detailed Sales Report Issues Date: 09 January 2008 14:14 I have Two Detailed Sales reports, they have exactly the same info on with the exception of store details. As soon as i add Store Details i get an error. Please see error. --------------------------- Active Report --------------------------- Error reading report file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\Reports\Custom - Detailed Sales R...

Linking worksheets after runnning report
O.k. please bear with me for this one I will try my best to explain. I am running a report (layout) using peoplesoft software and it returns the information in excel. When I run the layout the criteria is entered in one row, say A4 for example. The problem is that when I run the report (layout) the information expands. So I now have information in cel A4 - A10 (or wherever the data ends) on my layout worksheet. I want to link the layout worksheet to a different worksheet so I can format it, and display it in a more visually appealing manner. The problem is with the link. Before I...

User Security Report shows accessible items as non-a
Hi, Tech Knowledge 37004 details a problem with User Security Report. It is not scheduled for a fix. I am able to fix the window security by individually checking off the problem windows and then selecting MARK ALL. I have not tested this at a Class level yet and also have been unable to get it to work for Integration Manager file access. My questions: 1) Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue, perhaps at the Report Writer level. 2) Why does sa not have access the the Alternate Great Plains Windows and Reports? What is the difference in these windows/reports? thx, Doug T...

Customer Account Terms to show on POS and on Receipts, Packing Lis
I would like to have the customer "Terms" show up on the receipt/packing list (i.e. Net 30 or Net 10th etc), as we have this value assigned to our customers on the database already. On the receipt template we have added a line for Terms: | " and tried the following: Customer.AccountType.Description Customer.AccountTypeID Customer.AccountReceivable.ID They all return an error when generating a Receipt as not being found, so it prints out a "0". To have it appear on the POS screen, we have it on the Caption tab as Text referencing the value from Customer.CustomTe...

NEWBIE question. Fields with calculations correct on form not showing up on report?
I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows $0's. How do I get the report to show what's on my form? On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:00:37 -0800 (PST), p-rat <osupratt@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have basic fields that are on a data entry form so when the clerk >types in quantity and unit price the TOTALS field calculates this. > >When I look at or pull in the TOTALS field on my report it just shows >$0's. How do I ...

Reports #8
Hello, Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? Thank you. Jim Jim - What is your email address? -- Jocelyn "Jimf" wrote: > Hello, > Has anyone added item "on-hand" and "on-order" to the item movement report? > Or maybe you know another report that shows item sales, on-hand and on-order? > Thank you. > Jim > I would be interested in a report to do the same. Please email to sales@windovers.com Thanks To...

Conditional Query Data in a Report
Is there a way to include the search criteria from a query in a report? More specifically, I use a date condition in a query to produce a report, and I'd like to add the date entered in the message box to the report. Is there a way to do that? If you are trying to do this using only a query and a report, I'm not familiar with a way. If you want to do this, the one way I know of is to use a form to "collect" the criteria that your query uses, then refer to the value entered in the form from within the report. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "sil...

Professional Tools
When I try to run Customer Modifier in Professional Tools, I enter the starting customer number and new customer number, hit Convert, and after I choose continue when it tells me I need a backup, I get the following two error messages: "[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '0210'" That error is followed by this one after I hit OK: "The stored procedure smCustomerChanger1 returned the following results: DBMS: 170, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0" Any ideas? Are you the ONLY user in GP when you are doing this? -- Richard L....

VAT report should be to print without using system password
Currently when print VAT report (used for UK), tools-routines-company-vat return, need to enter system password and then can print report. Should be able to print VAT report without entering system password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

I have created a custom table for SIC (standard industrial codes). I am using this table via a 'lookup' for the account and contact entities. I want to load all SIC codes into the table. Can I load the codes into the table using a straight SQL statement, or do I really need to write a program using the SDK. This data will be loaded on a one-time basis and does not change? Will doing a load directly using SQL cause a problem later on? I know that Microsoft would say to only utilize the SDK to load the data, but why? The reason why you should not directly update the da...

custom date format mmm/yy
Hi, is there any way in a Report to customize the date displayed in the report to be mmm/yy? Or even mmm/yyyy would be better for me than the options Access seems to offer in their reports. All I see there is Short Date, Medium Date, Long date - they all take up so much space in a densely packed report. Thanks, Harold You can use your own formats In a control's format property, enter mmm/yy or mmm/yyyy or mm/yy For a discusson of the formatting characters, put your cursor in the format property and press the F1 key for help. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Cent...

Date in Report/Query
Hi. I have a report that has worked up until this past week. The query behind the report has the following expression: DateAuth: Format([CredAuthDate],"mm/dd/yy") If I type in 12/31/09....report works fine. Type in anything with "10" as the year and it fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I take off the format for the field it works. Is something different for the year 2010? This is an Access 2003 database. Thanks... I suggest applying criteria to an 'unformatted' field and turn off the display by unchecking the 'Sh...

Inventory Historical usage report
Does any one know what table or tables hold the Inventory uasge history. I am trying to write a report that will show toatl number of inventory items sold by year for each item number. I am on GP 9.0. I know this information is veiw by item number in the system but i need to get it out to excel asap. Thank you Ken You should be able to pull this information from the Inventory Transactions Amount History table (IV30300). You will have to summarize by year as you described where HSTMODUL = 'SOP'. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http...

How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does .
How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does not work try =today()-1 chuck <chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A51D4C3-07A5-48A8-A594-09F51D4B46A6@microsoft.com... > How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does not work Chuck - You will have to manually or programmatically change the displayed date in the footer. There are no page setup codes that will put a different date in a footer. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

Custom Forms
Hello patrons; I created a custom email form and when I send it to the recipient, it returns the original email form instead of my custom. Permissions settings? Published to wrong folder? ??? See if the instructions here help: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/formpub.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Frieda Rox asked: | Hello patrons; | | I created a custom email form and whe...

customizing quote merge template

Daily Sales Report #2
Hi, I work in a retail outlet that opens at 10:00 am and stays open until around 12:30/01:00am the next day. When we run the daily sales report it will only pick up from 12-12midnight. Due to this we have a headache in Finance trying to tally up the figures. Is there anyway to specify the time and date from a report in RMS or do I need to look at some other reporting software? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Regards Ken Hi Ken, My company, Professional Advantages has Analysis Cubes for RMS. This product is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering anal...

CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert
CToolBarCtrl.Customize() dialog could delete button but not insert A CToolBar is created during FrameWindow::OnCreate(), In response to a Menu of Customize tool bar, Add handle to this Menu by GetToolBarCtrl plus ToolBarCtrl.Customize(). As you know if the Framewindow does not response to the WM_NOTIFY of TBN_QUERYINSERT message with result of TRUE, the Tool bar customize dialog screen will gone with a flash. So add two handle in Framewindow of TBN_QUERYINSERT and TBN_QUERYDELETE, now the tool bar customize dialog display correctly. You can delete the button, buttons deleted display in the B...

Report codes for Matrix Parent
I'm preparing for an upgrade from QS2000 and would like to know if th following is possible. I'm testing the demo version of RMS an imported my database. I'm a shoe and apparel store and matrixes ar very important to us. My reseller has recommended the Retail Real Fashion bundle, but I would like to try something else in th meantime.. I've modified a Detailed Item Sales report and would like to ad columns for the following items associated with the Matrix Paren Item Matrix Lookup Cod Matrix Descriptio Matrix Dimension 1 (I want to see the value associated with Chil item I...

Report Total
I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one report. Thanks! On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:32:01 -0800, walters <walters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will >show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing >total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one &...

Paid out report
Is anyone aware of a report that will let you view paid out details. I need something to show me date, amount, to who and the cooment. ...

automaticaly create a variable sized table from user input
Hi, How can I user data input to a cell by a user to create a table with that number of rows. eg. User enters 1024 in B2 165 in B3 12.5 in B4 A10 would contain 1, B10 would contain =B3+(A10*$B$4) A11 would contain 2, B11 would contain =B3+(A11*$B$4) etc to 1024 The user entered number in B2 could be any whole number between 1 and 1024 Thanks, Iain I could make this better but other things to do right now so try this. Uncomment the last line to remove the formula and just leave the values. Sub makeformula() Range("a10") = 1 Range("b10").Formula = "=B3+(A10*$B$4)...

return items to supplier/reporting
how we can return items to suppliers with in the same purchase order so that we don't effect the posting in QB2003 7 keep the inventory accurate any recomended software for reporting i need to be able to have a charts to compare the sales & customer loyalty to the store in an easy way thanks -- maher almasri maher, The approved RMS way is to issue a Transfer Out back to the supplier. SO Manager | Inventory | Transfer Out. Also I assume that you know that Intuit is forcing an update to QB 2003 by April 30. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outl...

Report loading pictures base on value...
Dear all, I have a report(labels) that have 5 textboxes with single value from either 0 to 9. so text box 1 could be 5, and text box 2 could be 8, and so on...So when a text box is with a certain value, i want it to load an image. so if text box 5 has a value of five, I want it to load image 5. I looked everywhere but couldn't find the answer. I think i have a concept but cannot code it...Please help. Thanks in advance. i'm looking to use: select case (expression - don't know how to start) case 1 load image 1 case 2 load image 2 case 3 load image 3 and so on... Thanks...