Indexes in tables.

Hi,

Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
Any other ways?

Thanks,

Vitali

0
vitvov (85)

I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Vitali V" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
> for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
> Any other ways?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vitali

0
callen (2505)
1/23/2006 3:06:03 AM
Suggest you leave the tables alone. You'll just get into a pickle..

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I believe any future upgrade will blow away your index.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Vitali V" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
> > for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
> > Any other ways?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Vitali

0
DickatVPI (2)
1/24/2006 2:45:02 AM
SQL does not actually need an index to sort a table, so you can get away
without one.

What are you trying to do?  What tool are you using? Dexterity? VBA?

As mentioned already, it is best not to make any changes to existing GP
tables.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Vitali V" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can I add index for tables in SQL Manager. For example for SOP30200 index
> for any field. Will it be a problem with program or not?
> Any other ways?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vitali

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Help with Populating StringMap table
I have a user request that I'm sure is made with some frequency, so I'd like to see if anyone lse has solved a similar probelm, and/or if my solution might work. My users requested that we replace the State/Province text box with a State drop-down list. Since this textbox appears in several places, and since the tools for populating and maintaining picklist are poor (to be generous), I decided to look into automating the process. I created a stagin database for just such things, with a mirror stringmap table. Through a query, I can populate the CRM stringmap table quite easily, with ...

i cant display field list in pivot table
i cant display the field chooser in pivot table What version of Excel are you using? Do you see the field list for other pivot tables? Cesar wrote: > i cant display the field chooser in pivot table -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How do i remove outliers from a large data table so that i can in.
Hi you may post your question as body of your message -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "skyewell" <skyewell@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:07B029C4-3DB0-4206-9661-7A152FA9E2B6@microsoft.com... > ...

Copies of Table with Arrow Icons
I have a table called Quotes2004. Somewhere along the line two additional tables appeared called Quotes20041 and Quotes20042, each with an arrow icon next to them. I understand that the arrow indicates a link. But, I don't recall making these table copies. Can some process make the copies automatically? As far as I can tell, they are exact copies of Quotes2004 and they are updated when I update Quotes2004. How can I determine how these were created, what the links are and if they are really necessary? To discover what a table is linked to, open it in design view. Then open the Prope...

Date and Time Table Modified
I have 4 forms used by managers to enter data. When they enter data, the data is saved in tables. I would like to include a date and time stamp so that I know when they entered each piece of new data. Do I need to have a field in my table to collect the date and time? How do I collect that in my form? Thanks!! Yes, you need to add a field to your table. In the form's BeforeUpdate event, put code to update that field. Assuming that you named the field LastUpdated and that you included the field in the form's RecordSource, the code would look something like: Private Sub Form_Bef...

Table design ?
Is it design worthy to have field type attachment for contacts picture and a 2nd field type attachment for Doc, PDF files and can internet likes b placed in the attachments. Thank You The Lord's Blessings this evening On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:02:16 -0800, MaRSMAN <MaRSMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it design worthy to have field type attachment for contacts picture and a >2nd field type attachment for Doc, PDF files and can internet likes b placed >in the attachments. >Thank You The Lord's Blessings this evening I would not recommend storing exte...

auto subtract order taken from supply table
I am new to access and I really need some help. I have two tables, order table and supply table. Each table has an order form and a supply form respectively. This database is use to collect supply items and the order form is to record who collects the items from supply. Everything runs fine expect that when an item is removed from the order table it does not auto subtract from the quantity field of the supply table. The supply table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity. Whereas, the Order table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity Out. I will like to have an update query t...

How do I print gridlines for a table in publisher 2003
I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I cannot find a way to accomplish this. Please advise. Select & highlight the table, click lines, more lines, select the grid option, you can also change the line weight and color in this menu. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Brenda" <Brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C3055F3-3D53-4AB6-8992-25DAB43BF671@microsoft.com... >I have made a table (graft) and want the gridlines to print & show up. I...

An open on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_MSTR' failed accessing sql data.
Hi.. We are on Dynamics GP 9.0 and we recently updated our GP with 'Advanced Human Resource and Payroll suite 9.0'. The update on the server and client computers went through good but when one of our user is trying to print a payables check its giving the following error message. "An open on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_MSTR' failed accessing sql data." We initialized the database for all our companies by logging in as SA and accessing all the companies on server as well as client computers. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Any help on this one will be much appre...

Extracting Data into a table ?
Hi, not sure how to descibe my problem properly. I have a list of data similar to this (several thousand entries): J7 12 92 -4 JJ 34 TT 9 AQ 23 TT -3 AA +23 98s -5 The letters refer to my poker starting hands, and the number to the p/ on that particular hand. I'm trying to figure a way of automatically putting all these entrie into a table of some kind to tell me the number of times i've playe each hand combination and the best/worst/average profit from each i've been doing it manually so far and there's must be a better way! Any help or suggestions as to whic...

sql report 3 tables
I am trying to write a report which will contain 4 tables, I need to display all 4 tables on one page. Unfortunatley because of the siz of the first 2 tables the 3rd table sits way down on the right hand side, how can i manipulate were the tables sit on the preview window? Regards Ian Are you writing your report in visual studio? in Report layout view, right click outside of the report area and select Properties. from the second tab you can change the layout of the report. By default it is set to 8.5 X 11, try chaning it to 11 X 8.5. Also, try changing the font size in your tab...

table import accounts quick journal
how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must have a lot of accounts to put into it. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Toni" wrote: > how can I import the GL-accounts into the quick journal setup Which table (tables) I have to use. I have a lot of accounts. I only found to set up the ID with the offset account, but I need to import all the other accounts also. Thanks. "Charles Allen" wrote: > You would have to do this behind the scenes or using Table Import. You must > ha...

calculated field from a form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? You can but you should not. Instead, calculate the value each time you need it. Stored values are almost guaranteed to get out of synch sooner or later. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A519CB5-029B-46FF-80B5-22D6FEA0C7AB@microsoft.com... > Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? Ok, makes sense. If i wanted to do it to get a snapshot and save that in the table, how do you do this? "Larry Daugherty" w...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

Can I set up cascading combo boxes in a TABLE?
I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. I have a combo box for General Injury Region, which is upper extremity, lower extremity, spine. I would like to the second combo box populate based on the first with shoulder, hand, wrist, etc. Thanks in advance! Debi wrote: > I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter > the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. > > I have a combo box for General Injury Region, wh...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

show pivot table detail in same cell
I would like to create a report using following sample data in excel ticket , monthly release , application 111-fix login bug , 2006-06 , ABC 112-improve logging , 2006-06 , ABC 113-enhance blah blah , 2006-07 , XYZ 114-fix performance issue , 2006-08 , ABC 115-implement cash app , 2006-08 , XYZ using this data I would like to create following report (application roadmap) i.e. which ticket would be implemented in which monthly release...

Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells
Dear Experts: Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table. Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged cells also get worked on? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub SetPadding Dim myCell As Cell Dim myRow As row Dim myTable As Table Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1) For Each myRow In myTable.rows For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0) myCell.BottomPadding = C...

Pivot Table through Scheduled Task
I have a Pivot Table that I would like to run as a scheduled task. After the report runs, I would like to save the file as a different name. Is this possible with Excel and scheduled tasks?? Any help regarding this would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance, dr Hi dr, You could schedule to open a workbook and use the Workbook_Open event to run code that updates a Pivot Table and then saves the workbook to a new file. This is not tested, but something like; Private Sub Workbook_Open() Dim SNewName As String Worksheets(1).PivotTables(1).RefreshTable SNewName = "MyBook v...

How do I number format the Data Table in an Excel Chart?
I prefer that the Data Table on a specific chart be formatted n,nnn,nnn as all raw data is without cents. The cells used as reference for the chart are formatted in the above manner. On the worksheet where the chart is built the formnatting is n,nnn,nnn.00. The 00 is consistent because the data has no cents. The chart building workbook is a master that is used over and over for changing situations. So, the chart is copied to its own single sheet workbook for distribution and posterity. At this point the formatting problem gets worse. The commas disappear and now I have nnnnnnn - w...

Excel lookup
I am attempting to assemble data for my online Nascar racing league. W want to show a drivers progress throught the season from race to rac (Title position and race finish) in an easy to read chart. Here is a example of what we are trying for: http://i.cnn.net/nascar/drivers/dps/mkenseth00/cup/images/mkenseth00_2003_statsChart.gif We automatically generate the race results for each race and publis them on our web site. My excel workbook has opened each web page tha I want to compile the data from. Example: We have raced at three race (Daytona, Bristol, and Richmond). I have a workbook wi...

Pivot Tables and Charts
Is there a way to make a table and then when i change the chart have it to where it does not turn around and change the table Create another pivot table, based on the first one. Then, create the pivot chart from the second pivot table. You can hide the sheet that contains the second pivot table. When you change the pivot chart, only the hidden pivot table will be affected. amanda wrote: > Is there a way to make a table and then when i change the chart have it to > where it does not turn around and change the table -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tipte...

Inserting a calculated field in a Pivot Table in Excel 2003
In the past I know I have done this but I can't see the option now to insert a calculated field. Does someone know where this is located? Thanks so much. Disregard. I figured it out. Thanks to anyone who answers before reading this. "Nadine" wrote: > In the past I know I have done this but I can't see the option now to insert > a calculated field. Does someone know where this is located? Thanks so much. ...

import data from access table into a existing table
I need to map data from am existing access database into a existing staging database. The access database only has the data I need, so the mapping is not a one to one, The SQL table many more columns so I need to do some manual mapping. Is there a way to do this throiugh the import wizard or do I need to write some type of query to manual insert the data? Thanks in advance. -- Jay Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server/201005/1 Hi This is SQL Server forum, you will be better of to ask on Access forum "Jay via SQL...

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...