Incorrect sales order subtotal

We get orders from time to time where the sub-total doesn't add up to the
correct amount based on the line items.  The reconcile routine fixes these if
we find them before they are in history, otherwise it doesn't have any effect.

What happens to cause these sub-totals to be off on a sales order?

--
Jim@TurboChef
0

There aren't any known bugs in Great Plains that would cause this out of the
box.  Note I said "known" as you obviously cannot predict the unknown.  But
a known bug like this would be fixed as "data damaging" at the first
available service pack.

That said, the only problems I've ever seen with subtotals being off like
this are due to customizations loaded and they aren't doing something right.
This could be Dexterity, Smartlist Builder (the GoTo's you can make that
take you to the SOP window), and possibly VBA (but I don't think so with vba
but maybe...)  Of course with vba if you hit the data with ado then all bets
are off).

patrick
mbs dev support

"Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> We get orders from time to time where the sub-total doesn't add up to the
> correct amount based on the line items.  The reconcile routine fixes these
if
> we find them before they are in history, otherwise it doesn't have any
effect.

> What happens to cause these sub-totals to be off on a sales order?
>
> --
> Jim@TurboChef

0
prot1 (1345)
5/9/2006 12:04:33 AM
I have seen this issue in versions 7.5, 8.0, and 9.  I tends to happen more
frequently during the initial weeks after a new implementation.  No user has
admitted to doing anything different but the event does happen.  What ever it
is that is causing it, once it happens, the only solutions are reconcile or
to delete the order and re-key it.  I have tried taking each line item off
the order and re adding them to no avail.

Richard L Whaley
Author/Consultant
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> There aren't any known bugs in Great Plains that would cause this out of the
> box.  Note I said "known" as you obviously cannot predict the unknown.  But
> a known bug like this would be fixed as "data damaging" at the first
> available service pack.
>
> That said, the only problems I've ever seen with subtotals being off like
> this are due to customizations loaded and they aren't doing something right.
> This could be Dexterity, Smartlist Builder (the GoTo's you can make that
> take you to the SOP window), and possibly VBA (but I don't think so with vba
> but maybe...)  Of course with vba if you hit the data with ado then all bets
> are off).
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> > We get orders from time to time where the sub-total doesn't add up to the
> > correct amount based on the line items.  The reconcile routine fixes these
> if
> > we find them before they are in history, otherwise it doesn't have any
> effect.
> >
> > What happens to cause these sub-totals to be off on a sales order?
> >
> > --
> > Jim@TurboChef

No, deleting the line items wouldn't work because when you remove the line
the subtotal is decremented by the Extended Price.  So if the subtotal is
off, you could delete all the lines and then come out with a subtotal <> 0.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Richard L. Whaley" <RichardLWhaley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:43D734E1-38CF-4359-A9C2-4C53BA01BFF5@microsoft.com...
> I have seen this issue in versions 7.5, 8.0, and 9.  I tends to happen
more
> frequently during the initial weeks after a new implementation.  No user
has
> admitted to doing anything different but the event does happen.  What ever
it
> is that is causing it, once it happens, the only solutions are reconcile
or
> to delete the order and re-key it.  I have tried taking each line item off
> the order and re adding them to no avail.
>
> Richard L Whaley
> Author/Consultant
> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > There aren't any known bugs in Great Plains that would cause this out of
the
> > box.  Note I said "known" as you obviously cannot predict the unknown.
But
> > a known bug like this would be fixed as "data damaging" at the first
> > available service pack.
> >
> > That said, the only problems I've ever seen with subtotals being off
like
> > this are due to customizations loaded and they aren't doing something
right.
> > This could be Dexterity, Smartlist Builder (the GoTo's you can make that
> > take you to the SOP window), and possibly VBA (but I don't think so with
vba
> > but maybe...)  Of course with vba if you hit the data with ado then all
bets
> > are off).
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs dev support
> >

> > --
rights.

> > "Jim@TurboChef" <jim.harris@turbochef.com> wrote in message
> > > We get orders from time to time where the sub-total doesn't add up to
the
> > > correct amount based on the line items.  The reconcile routine fixes
these
> > if
> > > we find them before they are in history, otherwise it doesn't have any
> > effect.
> > >
> > > What happens to cause these sub-totals to be off on a sales order?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jim@TurboChef

0
prot1 (1345)
5/9/2006 3:12:36 AM
I have been able to re-produce this issue.

Here are the steps to recreate it:

-- Start with Sales Transaction Entry Window
-- Enter all the header information
-- Open up line item detail entry window
-- Enter the first item
     ---- At this point enter the quantity and hit arrow next to
comment ID
     ---- Type in some comment
     ---- Save the first item
-- Enter second item
     ---- Enter quantity
     ---- Go to the comment - the comment from the first line is
already there
     ---- Save the item
Close out of the Sales Item Detail Entry window
Look at the Sales Transaction Entry window..
The subtotal is updated but the line item doesn't show up
This happens only withe second line
Microsoft has admitted that this is a bug
My client had an international shipment so it was extremely important
that all the items from all the orders were combined in one load..
Guess what!!!!! - the second line item not only never got picked up but
never got shipped.. Ended up shipping them again - cost them a
fortune.. Hopefully it will be fixed in the Service Pack...

0
rutvijrshah (142)
5/9/2006 3:34:21 AM
I'm not able to recreate this problem on our system.  When I put in the
second line on a test order from the sales item detail entry window there is
no comment there already.  We do use order level comments on almost all
orders, but I haven't found a combination of steps to cause the order
subtotal to be off.

Can anyone think of a business alert formula that might catch this type of
discrepency on the subtotal?  Otherwise I guess I can schedule a job to run
reconcile sales orders nightly.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"VJ" wrote:

> I have been able to re-produce this issue.
>
> Here are the steps to recreate it:
>
> -- Start with Sales Transaction Entry Window
> -- Enter all the header information
> -- Open up line item detail entry window
> -- Enter the first item
>      ---- At this point enter the quantity and hit arrow next to
> comment ID
>      ---- Type in some comment
>      ---- Save the first item
> -- Enter second item
>      ---- Enter quantity
>      ---- Go to the comment - the comment from the first line is
> already there
>      ---- Save the item
> Close out of the Sales Item Detail Entry window
> Look at the Sales Transaction Entry window..
> The subtotal is updated but the line item doesn't show up
> This happens only withe second line
> Microsoft has admitted that this is a bug
> My client had an international shipment so it was extremely important
> that all the items from all the orders were combined in one load..
> Guess what!!!!! - the second line item not only never got picked up but
> never got shipped.. Ended up shipping them again - cost them a
> fortune.. Hopefully it will be fixed in the Service Pack...

0
jim.harris (398)
5/9/2006 1:12:01 PM
I've seen it too.  I couldn't reproduce it but the general idea was that we
were using markdowns and the order desk clerk would transfer documents with
lot numbered items without having sufficient stock to fulfill.  Somehow she
would "get by" the window that asks what you want to do with the quantities
(Sell balance, back order, cancel, etc.)  And we would get this subtotal
issue (infrequently).  I used SQL to UPDATE the SOP10100 MARKDOWN field (and
others) and then reconcile to 'unlock' the record.  Sorry, I changed jobs and
don't get this problem here.
--
Tim Foster

"Jim@TurboChef" wrote:

> I'm not able to recreate this problem on our system.  When I put in the
> second line on a test order from the sales item detail entry window there is
> no comment there already.  We do use order level comments on almost all
> orders, but I haven't found a combination of steps to cause the order
> subtotal to be off.
>
> Can anyone think of a business alert formula that might catch this type of
> discrepency on the subtotal?  Otherwise I guess I can schedule a job to run
> reconcile sales orders nightly.
> --
> Jim@TurboChef
>

> "VJ" wrote:
>
> > I have been able to re-produce this issue.
> >
> > Here are the steps to recreate it:
> >
> > -- Start with Sales Transaction Entry Window
> > -- Enter all the header information
> > -- Open up line item detail entry window
> > -- Enter the first item
> >      ---- At this point enter the quantity and hit arrow next to
> > comment ID
> >      ---- Type in some comment
> >      ---- Save the first item
> > -- Enter second item
> >      ---- Enter quantity
> >      ---- Go to the comment - the comment from the first line is
> > already there
> >      ---- Save the item
> > Close out of the Sales Item Detail Entry window
> > Look at the Sales Transaction Entry window..
> > The subtotal is updated but the line item doesn't show up
> > This happens only withe second line
> > Microsoft has admitted that this is a bug
> > My client had an international shipment so it was extremely important
> > that all the items from all the orders were combined in one load..
> > Guess what!!!!! - the second line item not only never got picked up but
> > never got shipped.. Ended up shipping them again - cost them a
> > fortune.. Hopefully it will be fixed in the Service Pack...

0
TimFoster (18)
5/9/2006 10:24:01 PM
The above problem with second line only happens in Version 9.0.
In previous releases, it isn't a problem.
Looking forward to a service pack fix.

Thx,

VJ

0
rutvijrshah (142)
5/10/2006 3:25:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_AABA4D2B

In regards to a Service Pack this has not been indicated as an actual
Problem in Great Plains 9.0. If this is seen as a Problem we would suggest
to submit a support request and the issue can be tested and we will
determine if this is an actual problem.

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_AABA4D2B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 In regards to a Service Pack this has not been indicated as an actual Problem in Great Plains 9.0. If this is seen as a Problem we would suggest to submit a support request and the issue can be tested and we will determine if this is an actual problem.
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_AABA4D2B--

0
dclauson1 (12)
5/15/2006 7:46:17 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_AED91845

Hi,

We have seen this type of issue but have not been able to re-create the
problem on all workstations.  We do not even have to enter in the Comment
field but this is something we could do further tests on.  Are you working
on version 9.0?  We have only seen this on 9.0 but again we cannot
re-create this issue at will.  Running a Reconcile on Sales Document will
clear up the issue but only before it has been posted.  The issue looks
like it is being caused because the Line Item Sequence is not advancing.
This would also cause the issue with the Comment information.  Development
has not been able re-create the issue.  I would recommend installing a new
client to see if you are able to re-create the issue.  You will want to
check to see if the version information is the same on both clients.

Best Regards,

David Graening
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
Subject: Re: Incorrect sales order subtotal
Date: 8 May 2006 20:34:21 -0700

[...]

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi,
\par
\par We have seen this type of issue but have not been able to re-create the problem on all workstations.  We do not even have to enter in the Comment field but this is something we could do further tests on.  Are you working on version 9.0?  We have only seen this on 9.0 but again we cannot re-create this issue at will.  Running a Reconcile on Sales Document will clear up the issue but only before it has been posted.  The issue looks like it is being caused because the Line Item Sequence is not advancing.  This would also cause the issue with the Comment information.  Development has not been able re-create the issue.  I would recommend installing a new client to see if you are able to re-create the issue.  You will want to check to see if the version information is the same on both clients.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par David Graening
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Subject: Re: Incorrect sales order subtotal
\par Date: 8 May 2006 20:34:21 -0700
\par Organization: http://groups.google.com
\par Lines: 28
\par Message-ID: <1147145660.950604.23070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
\par References: <B29AF355-2A00-45B5-AD66-B6DA47B4F469@microsoft.com>
\par    <#thRkwvcGHA.4312@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl>
\par    <43D734E1-38CF-4359-A9C2-4C53BA01BFF5@microsoft.com>
\par    <eQZ2xZxcGHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.216.107.150
\par Mime-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
\par X-Trace: posting.google.com 1147145666 2754 127.0.0.1 (9 May 2006 03:34:26 GMT)
\par X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 03:34:26 +0000 (UTC)
\par In-Reply-To: <eQZ2xZxcGHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>
\par User-Agent: G2/0.2
\par X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
\par Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par Injection-Info: j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com; posting-host=12.216.107.150;
\par    posting-account=Fbn80g0AAABcKTZhhiR8fqgpqCw9le0T
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!newsfeed.cw.net!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:28649
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par I have been able to re-produce this issue.
\par
\par Here are the steps to recreate it:
\par
\par -- Start with Sales Transaction Entry Window
\par -- Enter all the header information
\par -- Open up line item detail entry window
\par -- Enter the first item
\par      ---- At this point enter the quantity and hit arrow next to
\par comment ID
\par      ---- Type in some comment
\par      ---- Save the first item
\par -- Enter second item
\par      ---- Enter quantity
\par      ---- Go to the comment - the comment from the first line is
\par already there
\par      ---- Save the item
\par Close out of the Sales Item Detail Entry window
\par Look at the Sales Transaction Entry window..
\par The subtotal is updated but the line item doesn't show up
\par This happens only withe second line
\par Microsoft has admitted that this is a bug
\par My client had an international shipment so it was extremely important
\par that all the items from all the orders were combined in one load..
\par Guess what!!!!! - the second line item not only never got picked up but
\par never got shipped.. Ended up shipping them again - cost them a
\par fortune.. Hopefully it will be fixed in the Service Pack...
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_AED91845--

0
dgraenin (57)
5/16/2006 3:11:40 PM
I have seen this happen a few times on GP 8.0 and 7.5.  In all those cases
the only common thing I could see was that the order in question had
numerous changes made to it: lines were added, deleted, prices, item
descriptions and line item comments changed, then lines were added and
deleted again.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"David Graening {MSFT}" <dgraenin@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We have seen this type of issue but have not been able to re-create the
> problem on all workstations.  We do not even have to enter in the Comment
> field but this is something we could do further tests on.  Are you working
> on version 9.0?  We have only seen this on 9.0 but again we cannot
> re-create this issue at will.  Running a Reconcile on Sales Document will
> clear up the issue but only before it has been posted.  The issue looks
> like it is being caused because the Line Item Sequence is not advancing.
> This would also cause the issue with the Comment information.  Development
> has not been able re-create the issue.  I would recommend installing a new
> client to see if you are able to re-create the issue.  You will want to
> check to see if the version information is the same on both clients.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> David Graening
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
>

> --------------------
> From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
> Subject: Re: Incorrect sales order subtotal
> Date: 8 May 2006 20:34:21 -0700
>
> I have been able to re-produce this issue.
>
> Here are the steps to recreate it:
>
> -- Start with Sales Transaction Entry Window
> -- Enter all the header information
> -- Open up line item detail entry window
> -- Enter the first item
>     ---- At this point enter the quantity and hit arrow next to
> comment ID
>     ---- Type in some comment
>     ---- Save the first item
> -- Enter second item
>     ---- Enter quantity
>     ---- Go to the comment - the comment from the first line is
> already there
>     ---- Save the item
> Close out of the Sales Item Detail Entry window
> Look at the Sales Transaction Entry window..
> The subtotal is updated but the line item doesn't show up
> This happens only withe second line
> Microsoft has admitted that this is a bug
> My client had an international shipment so it was extremely important
> that all the items from all the orders were combined in one load..
> Guess what!!!!! - the second line item not only never got picked up but
> never got shipped.. Ended up shipping them again - cost them a
> fortune.. Hopefully it will be fixed in the Service Pack...

0
victoria (3340)
5/17/2006 8:49:39 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_B3FC660B

Thank you for the responses in regards to GP8.0 and 7.5. If this is a issue
that is occuring frequently then we would suggest to open a support case
and the support engineer can test this and write up a Problem Report on
this issue to get Development involved.

Thanks
Dave Clauson
Developer Support - GP
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_B3FC660B

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Thank you for the responses in regards to GP8.0 and 7.5. If this is a issue that is occuring frequently then we would suggest to open a support case and the support engineer can test this and write up a Problem Report on this issue to get Development involved.
\par
\par Thanks
\par Dave Clauson
\par Developer Support - GP
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_B3FC660B--

0
dclauson1 (12)
5/17/2006 2:55:02 PM
I've seen this issue over the years with most versions of Dynamics.  It
happens when lines are added and deleted before the order is saved for the
first time. If a user gets part way through adding a line to a new or saved
order and then decides to delete the line before it has been saved the
subtotal doesn't update properly either.

Jane

"Dave Clauson" wrote:

> Thank you for the responses in regards to GP8.0 and 7.5. If this is a issue
> that is occuring frequently then we would suggest to open a support case
> and the support engineer can test this and write up a Problem Report on
> this issue to get Development involved.
>
> Thanks
> Dave Clauson
> Developer Support - GP
> Microsoft Online Partner Support

> Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
> support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
> situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
> Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.
>

> This and other support options are available here:
>
> BCPS:
> https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
>
> Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
>

> If you are outside the United States, please visit our International
> Support page:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_BA0643DD

Thank you for the update to this article. That is great information that we
need to determine what is causing this.
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Canada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_BA0643DD

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Thank you for the update to this article. That is great information that we need to determine what is causing this.
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_BA0643DD--

0
dclauson1 (12)
5/18/2006 7:16:47 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_CECE6F8C

Hello -

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_CECE6F8C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello -
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par Jan Smith
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_CECE6F8C--

0
jsmit (219)
5/22/2006 8:07:58 PM
Microsoft has identified issue described in my earlier post as a bug
under quality report # 25195.

Hope all of you Microsoft folks can keep us updated on this issue.

Thanks,

VJ

0
rutvijrshah (142)
5/23/2006 4:31:03 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_D2BFEF11

VJ,

You are correct that a bug has been written up on this issue but
development has not been able to re-create the issue.  They are looking for
directions on how to re-create this issue at will.  Support has been
helping with the effort but they have also not been able to re-create the
issue on every work station.  If anyone has steps that development could
test, it can be added to the problem report.

Best Regards,

David Graening

From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
Date: 22 May 2006 21:31:03 -0700

Microsoft has identified issue described in my earlier post as a bug
under quality report # 25195.

Hope all of you Microsoft folks can keep us updated on this issue.

Thanks,

VJ

------=_NextPart_0001_D2BFEF11

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 VJ,
\par
\par You are correct that a bug has been written up on this issue but development has not been able to re-create the issue.  They are looking for directions on how to re-create this issue at will.  Support has been helping with the effort but they have also not been able to re-create the issue on every work station.  If anyone has steps that development could test, it can be added to the problem report.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par David Graening
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Subject: Re: Incorrect sales order subtotal
\par Date: 22 May 2006 21:31:03 -0700
\par Organization: http://groups.google.com
\par Lines: 9
\par Message-ID: <1148358663.061482.61160@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
\par    <1147145660.950604.23070@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
\par    <OrrrPsPeGHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par    <uamZm8YeGHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>
\par    <J3a$mHceGHA.3728@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par    <ED58F715-CA74-4092-B94C-3820BD43E5FA@microsoft.com>
\par    <xD$VvtdfGHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.216.107.150
\par Mime-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
\par X-Trace: posting.google.com 1148358668 25011 127.0.0.1 (23 May 2006 04:31:08 GMT)
\par X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par NNTP-Posting-Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 04:31:08 +0000 (UTC)
\par In-Reply-To: <xD$VvtdfGHA.5992@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par User-Agent: G2/0.2
\par X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
\par Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par Injection-Info: j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com; posting-host=12.216.107.150;
\par    posting-account=Fbn80g0AAABcKTZhhiR8fqgpqCw9le0T
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!newsfeed.cw.net!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!newsfeed.gamma.ru!Gamma.RU!postnews.google.com!j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:29555
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Microsoft has identified issue described in my earlier post as a bug
\par under quality report # 25195.
\par
\par Hope all of you Microsoft folks can keep us updated on this issue.
\par
\par Thanks,
\par
\par VJ
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_D2BFEF11--

0
dgraenin (57)
5/23/2006 2:30:34 PM
I deleted Manufacturing from my set file, and then I couldn't reproduce
the issue. I added Manufacturing back and issue re-surfaced. It has
something to do with Manufacturing module. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

VJ

0
rutvijrshah (142)
5/24/2006 8:09:44 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_E235488C

Hi VJ,

Thanks for getting back to us on this issue.  We had written this up as a
problem report (25195) but development had not been able to re-create the
issue.  We did find out that it does have to deal with Manufacturing and
the problem has been reactivated with the Manufacturing Development.  We
are hoping that this can be resolved with SP 2 for 9.0.

Best Regards,

David Graening

From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
Date: 24 May 2006 13:09:44 -0700

I deleted Manufacturing from my set file, and then I couldn't reproduce
the issue. I added Manufacturing back and issue re-surfaced. It has
something to do with Manufacturing module. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

VJ

------=_NextPart_0001_E235488C

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi VJ,
\par
\par Thanks for getting back to us on this issue.  We had written this up as a problem report (25195) but development had not been able to re-create the issue.  We did find out that it does have to deal with Manufacturing and the problem has been reactivated with the Manufacturing Development.  We are hoping that this can be resolved with SP 2 for 9.0.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par David Graening
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Subject: Re: Incorrect sales order subtotal
\par Date: 24 May 2006 13:09:44 -0700
\par Organization: http://groups.google.com
\par Lines: 8
\par Message-ID: <1148501384.718929.138340@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>
\par References: <B29AF355-2A00-45B5-AD66-B6DA47B4F469@microsoft.com>
\par    <1148358663.061482.61160@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
\par    <Nr954VnfGHA.5416@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 216.243.239.61
\par Mime-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
\par X-Trace: posting.google.com 1148501390 1712 127.0.0.1 (24 May 2006 20:09:50 GMT)
\par X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par NNTP-Posting-Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 20:09:50 +0000 (UTC)
\par In-Reply-To: <Nr954VnfGHA.5416@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par User-Agent: G2/0.2
\par X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
\par X-HTTP-Via: 1.1 barracuda.barracudanetworks.com:8080 (http_scan/1.1.2.5.10)
\par Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par Injection-Info: i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com; posting-host=216.243.239.61;
\par    posting-account=Fbn80g0AAABcKTZhhiR8fqgpqCw9le0T
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!newsfeed.cw.net!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:29694
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par I deleted Manufacturing from my set file, and then I couldn't reproduce
\par the issue. I added Manufacturing back and issue re-surfaced. It has
\par something to do with Manufacturing module. Hope this helps.
\par
\par Thanks,
\par
\par VJ
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_E235488C--

0
dgraenin (57)
5/26/2006 2:32:51 PM
Hi David -

Was Development not able to reproduce this w/ Manufacturing?

Thanks,

VJ

0
rutvijrshah (142)
5/26/2006 10:07:19 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_018D6323

Hi VJ,

It looks like this Bug is pending Triage, which means this is awaiting
further discussion by Development.  I cannot tell from the notes in the Bug
whether or not they have been able to recreate this with Manufacturing
installed.  We can give you further updates on this once the Triage meeting
has taken place.

Best Regards,
Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD

will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete

a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006

when prompted.

Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be

able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.

newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_018D6323

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hi VJ,
\par
\par It looks like this Bug is pending Triage, which means this is awaiting further discussion by Development.  I cannot tell from the notes in the Bug whether or not they have been able to recreate this with Manufacturing installed.  We can give you further updates on this once the Triage meeting has taken place.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Diana Van Raden
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD
\par
\par will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete
\par
\par a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006
\par
\par when prompted.
\par
\par Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be
\par
\par able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your
\par
\par newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_018D6323--

0
dvanrade (102)
5/31/2006 2:29:06 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_3A325545

Hi Jim,

Just wanted to let you know that we are still awaiting information for
Develpment on this issue.  I checked the Bug today and there hasn't been an
update on this as of yet.  As soon as we have further information for you,
we will go ahead and update the thread.

Best Regards,
Diana Van Raden
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD

will be updated at 9:00 AM PST, February 14, 2006.  Please complete

a re-registration process by entering the secure code mmpng2006

when prompted.

Once you have entered the secure code mmpng2006, you will be

able to update your profile and access the partner newsgroups.

newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

------=_NextPart_0001_3A325545

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs26 Hi Jim,
\par
\par Just wanted to let you know that we are still awaiting information for Develpment on this issue.  I checked the Bug today and there hasn't been an update on this as of yet.  As soon as we have further information for you, we will go ahead and update the thread.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par Diana Van Raden
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_3A325545--

0
dvanrade (102)
6/12/2006 4:36:29 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_681D7121

Hi VJ,

I just wanted to let you know that the problem report is still with
development.  I am going to go ahead and close out this thread but you can
respond to this if you need to.  I would recommend keeping an eye on
Partner and/or Customer Source to see if this will be fixed in an upcoming
Service Pack.

Best Regards,

David Graening

From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
Date: 26 May 2006 15:07:19 -0700

Hi David -

Was Development not able to reproduce this w/ Manufacturing?

Thanks,

VJ

------=_NextPart_0001_681D7121

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi VJ,
\par
\par I just wanted to let you know that the problem report is still with development.  I am going to go ahead and close out this thread but you can respond to this if you need to.  I would recommend keeping an eye on Partner and/or Customer Source to see if this will be fixed in an upcoming Service Pack.
\par
\par Best Regards,
\par
\par David Graening
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: "VJ" <rutvijrshah@gmail.com>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par Subject: Re: Incorrect sales order subtotal
\par Date: 26 May 2006 15:07:19 -0700
\par Message-ID: <1148681239.732457.253680@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>
\par References: <B29AF355-2A00-45B5-AD66-B6DA47B4F469@microsoft.com>
\par    <1148501384.718929.138340@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>
\par    <4YZ#QFNgGHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 12.216.107.150
\par Mime-Version: 1.0
\par Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
\par X-Trace: posting.google.com 1148681245 24819 127.0.0.1 (26 May 2006 22:07:25 GMT)
\par X-Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 22:07:25 +0000 (UTC)
\par In-Reply-To: <4YZ#QFNgGHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
\par User-Agent: G2/0.2
\par X-HTTP-UserAgent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
\par Complaints-To: groups-abuse@google.com
\par Injection-Info: y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com; posting-host=12.216.107.150;
\par    posting-account=Fbn80g0AAABcKTZhhiR8fqgpqCw9le0T
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEEDS01.phx.gbl!newsfeed.cw.net!cw.net!news-FFM2.ecrc.de!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.com!y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:29838
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par Hi David -
\par
\par Was Development not able to reproduce this w/ Manufacturing?
\par
\par Thanks,
\par
\par VJ
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_681D7121--

0
dgraenin (57)

Order of Message Map Entries
Using VC6, my SDI app was working properly until I decided to replace individual message handlers by a handler for a range. Using Class Wizard, I deleted the individual message handlers and then added my own entry to the message map following the Class Wizard entries. Is there a requirement that the message map entries be in numerical order? What's happening is that the handlers for my last two individual ID's are not being called, but control is being passed to the handler for the range. My message map looks something like the following: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyDoc, CDocument) //{{...

Purchase Order Receipt Voiding/Reversal, add-on?
Do any 3rd party add-on's exist to provide this feature? -or- What is the recommended work-around to void or reverse Purchase Order Receipts? Thanks, Glen ...

Sales of Items below cost
Is there a setting that would alert a cashier or prevent a cashier from selling an Item below cost? Item Properties: Pricing Tab: Lower Bound. You could use a query to set lower bound = cost Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "mwbritt" wrote: > Is there a setting that would alert a cashier or prevent a cashier from > selling an Item below cost? ...

Install Sales for Outlook Client
Hi As what user do i have to be logged in with when i install the Client? I installed as one of the users in CRM, then i logged out and logged in as one another user in CRM, then the toolbar in Outlook was not there.. niklas "Niklas Nord" <niklas.nord@qbranch.se> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23vTquiz5DHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > As what user do i have to be logged in with when i install > the Client? I installed as one of the users in CRM, then > i logged out and logged in as one another user in CRM, > then the toolbar in Outlook was not there.. Hello n...

CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook install error
I successfully installed CRM 1.2 on Server 2003 Standard. When installing CRM Sales for Outlook on a desktop running XP Pro and Office 2003, I specify the CRM server and receive the error "Setup was unable to find an instance of the Microsoft CRM Server components". CRM server and desktop are in the same domain. Any idea why this error is coming up? Thanks, Bruce Scott Bruce: On the client, if you type in the exact same value you specified for the URL of your CRM Server during the client install into a browser, what happens? In order for the SFO client installation to ...

How to grant right to sales persion?
Hi dear all, I want to set the only the owner can view an account, other sales persion should be not allowed to view this account. How to do it? Thanks You control user's access to records via the Security Roles. It sounds like you want people to have User Only access. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 02:04:02 -0700, "goldenshine" <goldenshine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi dear all, I want to set the only the owner can view an account, other sales persion should...

Calculated control event order
Apologies if this shows up more than once - thought I had it posted but it's not showing up. I have a calculated control on a subform whose value I need to "copy" to a bound control on the main form. Can't just use [main form]!boundcontrol =subform!calccontrol because the bound control needs to be able to be edited at the users discretion (ie. the calculated value is a 'suggestion' that may or may not be what the user wants.). I can't find an event that is triggered by a change in value of a calculated field that will allow me to use code to sen...

No Buttons to Control Subtotal Levels!?!?
When I apply subtotals to my data, I no longer get the 3 buttons in the upper left corner of my spreadsheet. These are the buttons that allow you to access various levels of detail. They are labeled 1, 2, & 3. When I group data 2 buttons appear. However, the subtotals function is not triggering the control buttons and the grouping buttons don't control the subtotals. Please help. Thanks Are you related to Jerry? I've never seen xl fail to put those outlining symbols in, but maybe you could try this: Tools|Options|View Tab|make sure "Outline Symbols" is checked. ...

Filtering Sales Pipeline reports by sales stage
Hi, Has anyone experienced problems filtering the sales pipleine by sales stage. This worked when I was testing the sales stages and now I've rolled out to all the opportunities it will not filter on sales stage. Here is the error: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help Query execution failed for data set 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) Get Online Help String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated. Many Thanks James ...

transfer part of the order to invoice
Can you create multiple invoices based on the same order? the client will delivery the goods on different dates, which means part of the items in the order will have 0 qty fulfilled while others will be fulfilled. How to transfer the line item with qty fulfilled <> 0 to an invoice and print picking ticket for items being fulfilled? if this is not possible in standard GP9, how much customization is involved? does it worth modify or i should look into other modules or products? Thanks for your help. To do that, you have to put the items you don't want to transfer on back order. ...

credit/debit payment/deposit incorrect
I have been using Money 2005 for several years. Every once in a while, several entries in an investment account will become incorrect -- sells will be listed as payments, buys will be listed as deposits. However, not all transactions are incorrect, just some. This problem is briefly mentioned here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889246/en-us ....but the solution isn't applicable to me. I ported my Money 2003 or 2004 file a long time ago, have updated Money 2005, and the program usually works correctly for me. Because my old money file is 3 years old, it would be useless for me ...

Pass-through SQL returning "null" value incorrectly
I'm using Pass-through SQL to get a recordset (doing a select with multiple columns). If one of the char columns has a null value, it returns odd data when i use SQL_GetData although the "status" is 0 (i.e., successful). If there is something in the column, it returns correctly. Thanks in advance. The only thing I can think of is that Dexterity does not really understand NULL. If you look at all Dexterity tables they have the option NOT NULL on every field. Would it be possible to embed logic to swap NULL for an empty value in your select statement to prevent the nul...

Purchase Orders #2
I'm wondering what are the disadvanages to not putting in purchases orders in right away (i.e., doing a paper purchase order and when the items actually come in, putting them into the purchase order). My guess is obviously having to do more work in the long run, but my concern is does it affect inventory levels and histories. only thing i could think of is that you couldn't track open PO's in RMS. Open meaning PO's that you've created but have not yet arrived/recieved. If you do a lot of ordering, sometimes it's nice to know what PO's you have open. kamal ...

Allocating and Fulfilling an Order in SOP.
Ok- need a little help here - I have an Order Type in SOP that is set to allocate by Document/Batch and the quantities on the Order are backordered. I go to my list view and find the Order and check box next to the Order. I select Allocate/Fulfill in the Actions tab and select Override Shortages as my item quantity shortage option. When I do this I receive a message that there are no quantities to be allocated. Just for laughs, I did the same for an Order type that was set to allocate by Line Item, and I get the same message. Bottom line - how do I allocate/fulfill for an...

subtotals and dates
I have a list of information that I want to insert subtotals for. I want a monthly subtotal for the information but my dates in the spreadsheet exist in the format dd/mmm/yy. Consequently when I use the subtotal function it views each day as a change in date and just counts the number of incidents per day as opposed to per month which is what I want. I want it to look at the change in the mmmm part of the date and subtotal as oppsed to the change in the dd part. Thanks in advance -- mrsatroy One way, assuming field headers are in Row 1 and data starts on Row 2 and dates in column D C...

subtotals and formulas
I would like to set-up a template to track supplies and amounts paid. Row 1 would have the job # and the various supplies while I want row 2, right under each supply, to indicate how much that particular item costs. I will then sort the supplies by job number. I've encountered two problems: 1). The subtotal function will not allow me to subtotal with the prices in row 2. Anyway around this short of actually hiding row 2? 2). I want formulas already set-up on my template to calculate the grand total of each particular supply, multiplied by cost per item. However, when I do that, the f...

$997 PROFIT Per Order
See how you can earn thousands per day without ever picking up a phone. This opportunity is exploding right now. Work 1 on 1 with top earner. Get the details here www.0to20k.com ...

How to stop Tax and Subtotal printing from receipt?
Does anyone what to do if i want know to show tax and subtotal in the receipt? Please help. Ken ...

Fulfill Order
Hi, While I am trying to fulfill my order i am getting below error: The Order submission/update failed. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details. User having below role. 1) Sales Manager 2) Salespeople 3) System Administrator So can you please provide information on that. thanks with regards, ...

Exchange services start order
I have Exchange 2003 on WK3 server. If I were to stop the Exchange services manually, what order would I start them? On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:19:55 -0400, "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote: >I have Exchange 2003 on WK3 server. If I were to stop the Exchange services >manually, what order would I start them? > It doesn't really matter so much as they're dependencies will start them. Make sure all the IIS services are running so start the SMTP and WWW first which will ensure the IIS Admin comes up. The start the Exchange SA, then the MTA and then the IS. There ...

Subtotal charting
I have hundreds of entries in an inventory spreadsheet. I subtotaled the entries to give me a total cost for each item for the month. Now I want to create a chart of the subtotals but when making the chart, the computer selects every entry instead of just the subtotal entries. I tried hiding the other entries but it still selects them. Is there any easy way to select the subtotals to make the chart from? Rico Did you use the Data>Subtotals command to create the subtotals? If so, you can use the outline buttons at the left of the worksheet, to display only the subtotals. Then, s...

Sales Orders with a multi-part order
Hi all, Is there a way to autofill line items in a sales order with an item that is comprised of multiple items as part of a kit. For example, if you had an instrument that when you enter the instrument as a line item on the sales order then the order would auto fill not only the instrument but all the accessories included with the instrument as additional line items. A solution to this would help us resolve data entry / omission errors and be a real time saver. -- Jim Bourque Hi Jim, There is no builtin feature for this. Either you need custom development or use any third party add...

How do I reset the automatic outline for subtotals
When I create subtotal levels, I do not automatically see outline or grouping. What have I turned off? You're using data|subtotals to create them, right?\ Maybe ... Tools|options|view tab|check outline symbols. (I've never seen them not appear, hmmmm. Ok. I've always seen them appear.) Brent Beall wrote: > > When I create subtotal levels, I do not automatically see outline or > grouping. What have I turned off? -- Dave Peterson ...

Incorrect Public Folder Count, Hotfix 836686, and Service Pack 1
Prior to SP1 for Exch2003, Hotfix 836636 fixed a problem with the unread message count in public folders. After SP1, the problem returns. This undocumented feature is fixed in a subsequent, unrelated Post SP1 hotfix for Exch2003. The date of the files in hotfix 889680 is 10-December-2004 , store.exe is version 6.5.7232.60 Obviously, the earlier hotfix is based on a pre-SP1 version of store.exe and SP1 didn't include the code from the hotfix. A uncharacteristically useful undocumented feature of hotfix 889680. Of course, install at your own risk, blah blah blah, yadda yadda...

Sales tax disappears in Headquarters
In headquarters; sales tax for different manufactures is all of a sudden disappearing. We have used an SQL tax updates to fix our HQ database followed by a 260 worksheet. We run this update after all the stores are closed, but the next day the sales tax is missing both in headquarters and at the store level again. We are completely at a loss as to how to fix this. Is anyone else having similar problems or have any suggestions as to how to permanently fix this? Again, this problem is at the headquarters level so each time the stores sync with the server they go back to not having sa...