Incorrect GL account defaulting on Billing Transaction Entry

There is no GL account associated with my Tax Schedule. when I use customer
having the same Tax Schedule I am getting 000-2300-00 (IL State Sales tax
payable) account assigned on the Billing Taransaction Entry Distribution
Screen on Project Account Module. Can anyone tell me why it is taking account
number eventhough I have not associated any GL to the tax schedule.

Thanks for help
0
PS1 (16)

It is probably looking into the Posting Accounts Setup table for the taxes
account (in the Sales group).  In the demo company, this is set to the IL,
State Sales Tax Payable account.

These types of traces (where is the account number comming from) can be
found in our Information Flow and Posting manual.

Visit us at Convergence in booth 624
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"PS" wrote:

> There is no GL account associated with my Tax Schedule. when I use customer
> having the same Tax Schedule I am getting 000-2300-00 (IL State Sales tax
> payable) account assigned on the Billing Taransaction Entry Distribution
> Screen on Project Account Module. Can anyone tell me why it is taking account
> number eventhough I have not associated any GL to the tax schedule.
>
> Thanks for help
0
info4071 (3005)

How do I change the default color of the tag for insert c... #2
This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default color? Thanks in advance. You can't change the color. You could use the Drawing Tools to draw a tiny little triangle over it (or them) and then give it a fill color. See http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html for more on comments. tj "ntwrkengnr@hotmail.com" wrote: > This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while > doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default c...

Double entry problem
Hi, I have a worksheet where double entries occur, e.g. Colum A Smith Smith Jones Andy Smith Andy How can I make a routine that sorts out only the unique entries in a new colum, e.g. Colum B Smith Jones Andy Thanks, Jesper Perregaard Click the top of the list. pulldown - Data > Filter > Advanced Filter Check copy to another location and unique records only -- Gary's Student "Jesper Perregaard" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a worksheet where double entries occur, e.g. > > Colum A > > Smith > Smith > Jones > Andy > Smith > Andy &...

Just upgraded test 3.0 install to 4.0, weird error when opening account?
We are working on a full implementation to crm 3.0 in our office. Still working out some of the bug there. So, we decided to upgrade our test box to 4.0, so we can see if any of the bug we are having are worked out in 4.0. It appears that maybe they are... YAY :) But, when i open an account in 4.0, i get an error box that i have to hit OK 4 times, then everything is alright, and i can see the account, and check everything out. here is the error that is in the bottom of the pop up: http://127.0.0.1:5555/companyname/_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=Not%20available&errmessage= Tha...

Receivings Transaction Entry Security
Limit the access per Document Type on the Receivings Transaction Entry window (per user). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bbcc5fdf-1f49-455b-a646-4b8087ba7c...

Missing Entries in Global Address Book
One of my clients is running Outlook 2003 with a SBS server 2003 and Exchange. His workstation is XP PRO sp2. He is missing one entry from the Global Address Book set-up on the server. Also, he sees entries that are flagged on the server as to * not * to be shown in the Global Address Book. All assistance is appreciated. -- Regards, Allan C Check the RUS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q253828 -- Teo Heras "Allan C" wrote: > One of my clients is running Outlook 2003 with a SBS server 2003 and > Exchange. > His workstation is XP PRO s...

Handling ATM transactions showing up in my checking account
How can I handle this - an ATM withdrawl shows that money has been removed, yet doesn't account for where it goes. Prior to Money Plus, I used an Excel spreadsheet to track expenses. In the spreadsheet format, I disregarded ATM transaction and opted to put my expenses into the spreadsheet. Now with Money Plus - it brings in my ATM withdrawls automatically. Any suggestions how do I override the ATM transactons so I can see the true expenses? Thanks, Jack In microsoft.public.money, Jack Ferrell <Jack Ferrell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I handle this - an...

How can I disable default F10 behavior?
I want to capture function key inputs in my MFC application. I want use "shift Fn" and I have no problem except with F10 which my program cannot capture because it selects "File" in the menu. It does this irrespective of whether I hold the shift key down (which seems wasteful). How can I trap "Shift F10" in my program? I suppose I want to know how to disable the default processing. I can find no mention of this in the VC6 C++ help files. Alan >I want to capture function key inputs in my MFC application. Alan, What do you mean by "capture"? D...

adding exchange account error
I have SBS2000 w exch2k sp3. I have 10 users using office 2000 with no problems. We received a corperate hand down pc last week with Win2k & office XP. When I try to setup the exchange mail account it gives me an error that it can not login to the exchange server. I am logged into the domain and my login script is running. I checked my DNS entries and they are to the 2K server. It can resolve the server name. Any help is appreciated. Hello, Please review the following article and check for RPC Binding Order and RPC ClientProtocols: 325930 XCCC: How to Troubleshoot Connectivity I...

One account, Multiple email aliases
Hi, My ISP allows me to have multiple aliases, (3). When I set them up in outlook 2002, I get three copy of every emails I receive, regardless of the aliases it's sent to. All three email accounts logs in to the POP server with the same username and password, but have different email address. Any idea on how I can prevent outlook from getting 3 times the same email ? Thanks, Erik an alias is merely a pointer to one single address. Simply set up your main address, and all other emails will go to it - no need to set up stuff for the others (in fact im surprised you can access th...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

Specify two server accounts
Hi, My MS Outlook is set up for two server accounts: Account 1 - In: work server, Out: work server, User info: work e-mail address Account 2 - In: home server, Out: home server, User info: work e-mail address I've set up the user info to show my work e-mail address in both cases because I reply to a lot of work e-mails at home. However, I also check and respond to home e-mails while I'm at work (using the work server); and also respond to home emails at home (using the home server). I would like my sent e-mails to show my home e-mail address. So I set up these additional ...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

Set Print POS Receipt Question Default to NO
When you select the to Ask before printing POS receipt the system defaults to the YES box. Can this default be set to NO to allow you to just press ENTER? I have already set up a PRINTLASTRECEIPT button. ...

Data Validation / Cell Entry
Hi Is there a way I can force a user to make an entry in a cell without using macros/code? EG: If the result of cell A1 = "XYZ" can I force them to make an entry in cell B1. ( If cell A1 = "" then no entry is required in B1). Hope that makes sense. Thanks Steve This won't force the user, but it will make it obvious. Format C1 in nice bold red letters and put a formula in that cell like: =if(and(a1="",b1<>""),"Please clear B1",if(a1="xyz",b1=""), "please put something in B1","") (...

Preventing Duplicate Entries Across Cells
Anyone know how to prevent duplicate entries of numbers. e.g. I have two sheets. I want to make sure that the same number is not entered more than once. Thank you. I think this might work- Have a countif funtion (of pair of for 2 sheets) that look a th current row and see if it has duplicate entries ie a b 1 1 =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$2,A1) - 1 2 2 =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$2,A2) - 1 (the minus one has been added so when a number exists only once it wil return 0. An if statement may also be need for if hte cell is blank.) Then add this behi...

Changing default format for http references.
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. How can I set the default for http references in a publication so that it is not a hyperlink? It is a nuisance to have every usage of http://something converted to hyperlink format and then to have to go back through the document and clear each one (and likely overlook several). Try, edit, find... replace -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James Hahn" <JamesHahn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrYtBHyqEHA.708@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Office Publi...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

default read receipt?
Is it possible to have a read reciept and delivery receipt set as default all outgoing emails??? The Knowledge Base article at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;192929&Product=out answers your question. >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to have a read reciept and delivery >receipt set as default all outgoing emails??? >. > Thanking You!! >-----Original Message----- >The Knowledge Base article at > >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- >us;192929&Product=out > >answers your question. > ...

Reset all users mailbox limits to default policy
What process can I run to change all Exchange users mailbox storage limits to reflect the default policy for the store their mailbox resides on? I have a mix of users who have manual storage limit settings but would like to change all back to default settings with out having to address each user indivdually. Thanks, Brian bjorgenson@charter.net wrote: >What process can I run to change all Exchange users mailbox storage >limits to reflect the default policy for the store their mailbox >resides on? I have a mix of users who have manual storage limit >settings but would like to ch...

Double Inbox entries
Hello All, Just shifted from Outlook Express to Outlook, so far the transistion is less than smooth. I am receiveing all inbound e-mails in duplicate. Anyone have any idea why ? How many accounts do you have set up? Are you leaving mail on the server? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips maili...

Default email address and OWA authenitcation issue
We have an Exchange server setup for multiple companies to use. AD Domain is say “company.com”. I create a new user and remove them from the recipient update so they don’t pick up the default email address of xyz@company.com I add manually their email address as xyz@anothercompany.com. They can logon to domain and sent email etc. When they access email via OWA it just bounces the password back. If I create them an address in the @ company.com it works. Event log indicated unknown user or invalid password. Im not sure I understand why this is happening? is it that the presence of...

eConnect Integration with Project Accounting
hi, Can anyone tell me the in eConnect version 10 is having APIs to create the budget for a Project from custom application. As far as I know eConnect 9 did not have this interface. Regards Malik I haven't worked with Project Accounting yet, but does the taPAProjectBudgetMaster not serve the purpose of creating a budget? This element exists in eConn 9 and 10. HTH Scott "malik" wrote: > hi, > Can anyone tell me the in eConnect version 10 is having APIs to create the > budget for a Project from custom application. As far as I know eConnect 9 did > not have ...

Calculating entries in a group
I have a database that lists all applicants, and I have a report that sorts them according to which Institution they are attending. How can I have the report display the number of applicants that are attending each Institution. For example , Four applicants from Harvard, 10 Applicants from Columbia, ect. Use this query --- SELECT YourTable.[Institution], Count(YourTable.[Institution]) AS [CountOfInstitution] FROM YourTable GROUP BY YourTable.[Institution]; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "amandap83" wrote: > I have a database that lists all applicants, and ...

Bills Displayed
I currently use Money 2002. One thing I hate about it is the way it only shows once instance of the same bill on the bills and tranfers page. It won't show the next instance of the bill till the previous one is entered. I can select forcast account to see all instances, but that also shows anything in my budget, which I would prefer to just see scheduled bills and deposits. I was wondering if this was changed in Money 2004. Thanks for any responses. No that feature is still there! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default....

OL2003 Cannot Edit Calendar Entries
Sync with Palm Zire 21 yielded error message: "following item is in conflict" then referred to several recently created or modified calendar items. Now I cannot do anything to a calendar item (in the main calendar) without an error message, such as: "Cannot save item" or "The item may not have been deleted correctly. If someone sent you the item, that person's copy of the item may not be updated." Other calendars function correclty. I exported the calendar to a PST. The calendar in that PST is empty even though it is 271 kb. What is available to repair a P...