Importing Purchase orders with integration manager.

When I import a purchase order in Excel, GP creates a
separate po for each line item. How do I get the line
items under one PO number? I notice that the SQL option
does not allow you to have a query relationship.
0
NaplesRob (1)

You will need two source tables, one with PO header info and one with line
information.  Use two sources in Integration Manager and relate them by a
common field (like PO Number)

If I remember correctly, there is a sample integration provided just like
this.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"NaplesRob" wrote:

> When I import a purchase order in Excel, GP creates a
> separate po for each line item. How do I get the line
> items under one PO number? I notice that the SQL option
> does not allow you to have a query relationship.
0
info4071 (3004)

Importing WLM Messages
I recently converted from Win 7 RC to Win 7 Pro, before I wiped my drive I exported all of my information. When I began the import process everything went smooth. Contacts, accounts, favs, cookies ect. all came over without a problem, however my messages will not import. I get an error that says: "No messages can be found in the folder or another application is running that has required files open....." I have nothing else open and when I manually go into the directory I can open the messages one at a time. However they are in no order and it very hard to fin...

Import/export custom attributes
I have something that is driving me nuts. I need to import a custom attribute for 600 plus users and then also modify these from time to time. Right now I just need to do the bulk import. I have the user names in a spreadsheet with this ID and it is unique to the user. I need to import that into the AD for everyone. I have looked everywhere and can't figure out how to do it. I am USELESS at scripting with VB, and I tried running some csvde queries but not much luck. can someone help?? thanks!! ...

integrate with connect logistics
Did not see my post show up. I have some liquor stores looking at RMS for their POS solution. Problem is, simply accounting and quickbooks integrate with connect logistics where liquor is ordered. I don't exactly how integrated it is but I am told that there is no double entry. Anyone had any experience with this? Any integration with RMS and connect logistics? Thank You -- Kate Hulit Asyma Systems Inc. Kate Hulit wrote: > Did not see my post show up. I have some liquor stores looking at RMS for > their POS solution. Problem is, simply accounting and quickbooks integr...

Foreground locking error running scheduled integration
I have a scheduled integration setup that first runs the login to GP, then an integration group (2 AR integrations). I have them set at 5 minutes apart. The TK article for this particular error says that the error is because "Great Plains is still in the process of launching when the Integration Manager starts running." I then increased the time to 15 minutes apart and finally at 30 minutes apart, but the first record of both integrations still fails with this error "could not set foreground locking value to 0." How can I get rid of this error? It only takes les...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

Keeping forms in order they are entered?
I am working with a database that was designed for us and have pretty much just used without having to change much in but have now run into a problem and hope someone can help. We track and number complaints we recieve by number using last digits of year recieved then next number, i.e. a complaint recived 12/31/09 might be 9234 and first one received this year would be 10001 and the next would be 10002. The problem is now when I open my forms and go to the last one it is the 9234 instead of the 10002 which I need. How do I keep that last form I entered last the next time I open the data...

Tab order #5
Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right or below. Is there a method by which the tab/enter order can be customized to enable other specific cells to be selected? Thx! Don't know about your version of Excel, but in mine: Tools>Options>Edit, Move selection after enter, Directions, gives you some options -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c0bf01c4218d$e0db99d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Pressing tab or enter key selects next cell to the right > or below. I...

Is it possible to add a "View" button under the purchase order section?
Would be nice to have the abilty to allow someone to be able to view the purchase order as opposed to the given "new, delete, edit, or receive" buttons. This way someone who needed the information and did not have the appropriate security would not be able to delete or change the PO. I tried to CTL S the new, delete, edit and receive buttons, but that basically locks them out completely. Is this something that may be possible? You can make excel pivot table so any employee can view that worksheet from their terminal. This way you can define the fields you want to show as well ...

Quickbooks 2004 integration
Is there any revised instructions on integrating with QB2004 as there are some discrepencys using the QB2003 instructions. Keep getting the message "out of balance" error message and could use some help in setting up our GL accounts. Thanks! It works fine It is a pain in the A$$ though Download the TK articles and get you accountant involved Also testing each GL line in a clean batch is a GOOD idea & easier to trouble shoot Just make a Backup of the QB's and keep restoring and backing up till everything works took us about 6-8 hours on our first one JB Wisconsin ...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

Comments entered on Task Updates to Manager: Where does it get sto
There is a checkbox option on the My Tasks page for team members to select and send comments about task updates to their managers. Anyone know where these task comments can be reviewed other than when the PM opens it up to approve? It does not seem to be retained anywhere like the Notes get retained. Hi Kahuna, PM can see the comments with Approvals -> Task Updates -> Go To -> Applied Requests and Errors, clicking on the task name. The approval history is listed there including comments. A team member can see them with clicking in the task name in 'My Tasks&#...

Importing data from other files
I�m new to Excel so I don�t know if this is really easy to do. I need to collect data from maybe 1000 different statistic excel files. They are all similar in structure and looks, but ofcourse they contain different numbers. Now I need to collect the data from a certain row and column from the group of files and make some calculation to present statistic data in a new Excel document. This brings to questions up to light: 1. How do I do to get the data into the new sheet if it's for example position G25 in every single source file? 2. Is it possible to "flag" a different posit...

Integration with Outlook
We are in the process of purchasing Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Since the product syncs with Outlook, does this mean that I can have all my contacts in Outlook automatically added to CRM? If not, is there a way I can select contacts to be added? In CRM v3.0, you can promote Outlook contacts to CRM. Unfortunately, you cannot do multiple contacts at one time, and must do them individually. This is a suggestion we are considering for a future release. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Larry S." <LarryS@discu...

Help need for .net assembly in Workflow manager
A simple code (given below) creates a task thro' .net assembly . I invoked this code via console application & found that it is running fine. It is creating task in CRM successfully. The problem is : when I included it in Work flow manager, it displays that "task completed" in workflow monitor but it is not creating a task in CRM . using System; using System.IO; using TaskCreation.CRMWeb; namespace TaskCreation { /// <summary> /// Summary description for Class1. /// </summary> public class Class1 { public Class1() { // // TODO: Add construc...

Separate transactions being merged when importing QIF file
I downloaded a QIF file from my bank dating back to 01/01/2004. When I imported this file into Money 2005 the balance was way off compared to the bank's website. In comparing each tranaction I noticed some were missing in Money. Each group of missing transactions were all on the same day and for the same amount. Also, for each group one transaction would be in Money and the others missing (ex. There are 5 transactions according to the bank but only 1 shows in Money). I opened the QIF file in Notepad and can see the multiple transactions that were missing in Money. Based on this info...

Multiple indexes on same fields in different order
I sometimes need to find the largest or smallest value in a field. If I put two indexes on the same field, one in ascending order and one in descending order, is Jet smart enough to use the proper index if a give it a grouping query with the condition Max or Min, or am I just wasting resources? Pete -- This e-mail address is fake, to keep spammers and their address harvesters out of my hair. If you want to get in touch personally, I am 'pdanes' and I use yahoo mail. But please use the newsgroup when possible, so that all may benefit from the exchange of ideas. ...

Incorrect quantity transferred from SOP order to invoice
What's the correct way to fix an incorrect quantity that was transferred to an invoice? For example, say we have an order with many line items where half of the items were fulfilled, some were partial-shipped. When the order transfers to an invoice, we realize that the fulfilled quantity was wrong on one of the items. We can change the QTY Fulfilled and QTY to Invoice on the invoice but how do we fix the order so that the difference doesn't transfer again? Do we go into the order and enter the difference in Cancelled QTY, although that would be misleading when an inquiry is ...

purchase order posted
a purchase order was received and posted, in error. the posting was the mistake. Is there a way to void the posted transaction or another way to bring it back to the received status? -- P McCarthy I think you mean a receipt was posted, right? POs don't get posted. There is no way to void a receipt in GP. You must perform a Return transaction and then modify the PO (add a new line to the PO) to add the quantity received back to it. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com No, When the receiv...

descending order of a series of data
I have 2 coulumns of data, A is the score, and B is the ranking in descending order of A WHat should be the formula in column B oplease? A B 76 4 88 2 99 1 85 3 24 5 --------------------- Kent Try this... =IF(A2="","",RANK(A2,A$2:A$7)) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "kent" <kft10@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23zdrHB1eKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have 2 coulumns of data, > A is the score, and B is the ran...

RMS Integration user access
How can I give users in GP access to the RMS Import (Transactions > Retail Management > RM Import) function? I found KB 900636, but it did not work. I'm using GP10 and HQ & RMS 2.0. Thanks, Jocelyn ...

Import Print Shop files into MS Publisher
Is there any way to import files created in Print Shop into MS Publisher? I need to convert all of my old(er) Print Shop files and am not sure how to accomplish that. Thanks in advance for any info and help. Sigrid What kind of files are you talking about...images? If so, then probably yes, just export (or save) them as standard graphic files. Are you talking about Broderbund's Print Shop? You need to explain exactly what you are trying to do, and what is/is-not happening when you try. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web ...

How do I import old Publisher files? #2
I was told to turn off Norton, can you help me? ...

Installing mailbox manager in Exch 5.5
I am trying to install Mailbox Manager in Exchange 5.5 and I keep getting the error "unable to install MBClean99 admin extension" during the install. Then the install fails. I cannot get past this. I am logged in as the exch service account and it definately has permissions to write to the "add-ins" directory. I have exch 5.5, sp4 on win2000 member server. thx, Clay Hilton http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843495 On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 22:42:36 -0500, "Clay Hilton" <chilton@jam.rr.com> wrote: >I am trying to install Mailbox Ma...

How to purge all the Integration Manager log tables?
I went through and purged all the log files from Integration Manager using the procedure outlined in the IM User's Guide. However, after I was finished I looked at the tables in the im.mdb Access database and noticed that the following tables still have quite a few records in them: LogDocumentActivity LogActivity LogDocuments The Log table was empty, which makes sense since I purged all the logs. However, these other tables seem to have retained their records. Is there a way to purge these tables, too? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 B...

Sorting order to include alpha numeric
I am having trouble sorting alpha numeric text consecutively on an excel spread sheet. I'm only using the first column & the number for the "Sort By" Any number with alpha's or hyphenated numbers get sorted to follow AFTER all the pure numeric numbers (which is out of sequence for me). Is there a way to get the numbers to sort so the numeric portion of the number is always consecutive? For example: 10008 10009 10010 10010-A [these next numbers with -alpha relocate to bottom of numeric sequence] 10010-A-120 Thanks. Gary use helping column Cell B1 put t...