Importing Excel Budget with subtotals

We have a 12 month budget in Excel containing various accounts and
includes sub-totals for the different types of expenses. How do we go
about importing it into GP 10.0? Do we strictly have to follow the
Excel template GP has or will the extra sub-total rows matter?

Please advise.

My experience is that the only thing that will import are the accounts and
monthly amounts.
--
Phil Camp
Director of Information

"A" wrote:

> We have a 12 month budget in Excel containing various accounts and
> includes sub-totals for the different types of expenses. How do we go
> about importing it into GP 10.0? Do we strictly have to follow the
> Excel template GP has or will the extra sub-total rows matter?
>
> Please advise.

0
PhilCamp (18)
11/19/2007 3:42:01 PM
I coach the divisional controllers at my company to link the worksheet
originally exported to another worksheet[s], with formulas...in such a way
that the secondary worksheet[s] accomodate subtotal rows and other budget
modelling devices useful for development, review, printing, etc., but feed
back to the "orignal" sheet just the numbers in the account rows.  Then this
original sheet imports back in just fine.

"A" wrote:

> We have a 12 month budget in Excel containing various accounts and
> includes sub-totals for the different types of expenses. How do we go
> about importing it into GP 10.0? Do we strictly have to follow the
> Excel template GP has or will the extra sub-total rows matter?
>
> Please advise.

Shared excel file dissapears
We use a shared excel 2000 xls file shared on a w2k server as a production log. we now have about 30 users with about 12 users constantly editing. As we add more users the dissapearances seem to mount up. we are at about 2 a day now. I was wondering what the max amount vs the recommended amount of simultaneous users are. Are there any known issues which would cause excel to mysteriously vanish?? thanks cr -- http://QLiner.com It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried. - Winston Churchill ...

2007 Excel Workbook multiple worksheets I want 1 chart
I have Blood Pressure Monitoring series. where A = Day of Week Month Year as Wednesday Apr 1-09-9:30am this is a text value not a date as Excel always fouls up the time. Days of the month are 1 - 31 or 1 - 30 or 1-28/29 B= Diastolic Pressure as Number no decimal places C= Systolic Pressure as Number no decimal places D= Pulse rate as number no decimal places I can create a chart for each month. With each month or single for each month on separate sheet. Each month is formated and arranged the same. How do I set the chart data range for all months or any multiple of months 14, 2, 3 o...

Copy Excel email addresses to GroupWise
I have an Excel worksheet that has a column that contains email addresses. I would like to copy some of the email addresses into GroupWise. When I select certain email addresses and copy and paste them into GroupWise. For some reason I get the email addresses in between the emails that I have selected. Examples: sbradfor@salliemae.com bbarrett@salliemae.com sblackbu@salliemae.com dwalker@salliemae.com mbrown@salliemae.com If I selected sbradfor@salliemae.com, sblackbu@salliemae.com, and mbrown@salliemae.com and pasted into GroupWise, I would receive all of the addressesin the TO: f...

Importing PowerPoint slide to a Word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I import (copy and paste) a powerpoint slide to a Word document, the contents of the slide are fuzzy. Readable, if large enough, but fuzzy. Is there someway to correct this? Try Edit>Paste Special and choose "PowerPoint Slide". Cheers On 16/02/10 1:32 PM, in article 59bb2f19.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "CClarke@officeformac.com" <CClarke@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > When I import (...

different budget categories for single account
We have two budget ID defined on our GP: Budget10 and Budget10 frx. I need to check the budget amount for the account lets say 11-222-333 account. Which categories should I use or is there any way to tell which categories it is using for budget calculation. The account exists in both budget categories. Not quite sure what you are asking. In what window or report are you checking the Budget amount? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com ...

Can't delete deposit from budget
I deleted a paycheck from my bill & deposits. The deposit still shows up when I run budget reports for the months originally covered by the deleted deposit (no future months). When I look at the calander tab within Bills & deposits it still shows up but with a line through it. I just want to remove it entirely from my budget. Any thoughts?? Thanks ...

Export/Import from Outlook Express Failed
Export from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 fails to export contacts and successfully exports messages True. Did you have a question? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "GES" <GES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E1D3697-9AF7-41AA-BCC3-2788B1E0E79F@microsoft.com... > Export from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000 fails to export contacts and > successfully exports messages Yes I have a question my outlook express address book was lost when an export to outlook was attempted. How do I recover my address book and import it into Outlook? "Russ Val...

axis font excel chart?
how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? Right-click on the relevant axis. Format Axis/ Font/ Size: -- David Biddulph "ColinB" <ColinB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1096F8-87B3-4642-BCC8-0EEE11FE0DED@microsoft.com... > how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? ...

Interactions - Export to Excel
Folks: Need your help ! I am trying to pull an acitivty report in CRM. If I go to the Interactions page, and then click on “edit View” icon over on the right hand side, and complete the drop downs, if I export to Excel, I get an error message that reads: Argument ‘Index’ is not a valid value. I get this error only for Interactions and not with any other workplace. We are on CRM 3.0 .- SQL Server 2005 Thanks ! ...

Including Images in Excel Report Builder
We have a client that is attaching jpgs to the item maintenance window in GP and they want an Excel Report Builder report of each inventory item along with its image. It seems that the file name is stored in hex format. Is it possible to include a reference to the image location in an Excel Report Builder report, so the report can include the image inside of Excel? Thanks ...

Open Excel workbook maximized from Access
I found the code Application.FollowHyperlink in the newsgroups, which works well to open the workbook from a button on an Access form. But I want the worksheet to open maximized, rather than "floating" in the Excel window. What can I add to my code to do this? It reads: Application.FollowHyperlink "path/nameof workbook.xls" Or do I need to do this another way? Can I do something in the workbook? (Not too familiar with Excel.) Thanks for your help. -- susan ...

import of sales history
Has anyone successfully loaded sales history? I have loaded the transaction and transactionentry tables, the reports are not working. Do I have to load a batch entry for each day? or could i have one batch for historical data? are there other tables that must be populated as well? any help would be appreciated thanks MarkD wrote: > Has anyone successfully loaded sales history? from ? I use QSRules to write transaction into database... > I have loaded the transaction > and transactionentry tables, the reports are not working. Transaction, TransactionEntry, Item, DailySales, B...

Where has the data map tool gone to in Excel 2003?
Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. It's gone as of Exel 2002. Here is MS's statement and a link to another program for map making. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010346591033.aspx tj "macray" wrote: > Cannot find it in 2003. Was there in earlier versions of Excel. If it still resides on the hard drive, you can use it from later Excel versions, through the Insert Object dialog. But I think uninstallation is pretty good at wiping it out. In my case, I have multiple versions of Excel installed on one machine, so Excel 2003...

Stop excel from reporting replacements
How do I get excel from popping up the window that tells how many entries its replaced when I do a Ctrl-H. I have to edit a lot of entries and this is something I didn't have to put up with in Office 97 I'm not sure you can stop it (I couldn't). But if your fingers are on the keyboard, hit the enter key to dismiss it. (Or try hitting the enter key twice really quickly (with replace all having focus). It might not be noticeable (much). Chris wrote: > > How do I get excel from popping up the window that tells how many entries its > replaced when I do a Ctrl-H. I ha...

Changing of Cell protections after saving Excel File (2002)
This problem occurs when I protect a document using a macro 4.0 function: =PROTECT.DOCUMENT(TRUE,,,TRUE,TRUE). When I use the function within a macro4.0 macro, on an original file, everything works fine. The sheet has unlocked cells, and when the sheet is protected, it allows me to access those cells. But if I save the file, or save.as another name, then the fun begins. The enable selection of the sheet( view codes) has gone from 0-xlNoRestrictions to -4142- xlNoSelection. This locks me out of doing anything in the sheet. When I unprotect and then re-protect the sheet using the T...

Import into the Invoicing Screen
Hi, I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing screen of the invoicing module. It cannot be done with Integration Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of transaction. Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of transaction? Thank you, Anne-Claire McAllister About the only way to do this is to automate the generation of a Gp Macro and then launching the macro. (This is waht integration manager does internally) Achieving this can be quite easy. The most difficult part would be handling conditional processing...

Check box to click on in excel or word
I am needing to add a shadow outlined box that you can click on in a document in either word or excel. I did it in the old excel but I'm having difficulty in the new Microsoft Office. The old and the new Office?...which versions would that be...nevermind...actually you should ask this in an Excel newsgroup this one is for Publisher (a desktop publishing program). -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "ThePools" <ThePools@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A86070-537B-404A-A39B-CFC06CAECBA0@microsoft.c...

different budget ID for single account
when calculating the budget for an expense account lets say 111-222-333, is there any way to tell which budget id to use or if both buget id are using for calculating the budget amount. the expense account exists in both budget id. ...

Importing data from several sheets, to one chart
I need data from many sheet into one chart (In its own sheet). I know how to do it when its from from sheet (In this example, sheet named Pernille) : =Pernille!$AS$10 I tried this : =Pernille!$AS$10;Aase!$AS$10 But the reference was not valid. Please help, I havent been able to find anything, not even in my E-learning. Martin, Probably the easiest way to chart data from multiple sheets is to create a summary range in a single sheet that references the other sheets with formulas. If you use this technique then all you have to do is generate the chart using the summary range as your sourc...

Pasting in Excel has started taking a long time.
Copying or cutting then pasting on same or another sheet a range of cells in Excel has started to take ages. Nothing complicated just data. Does this happen with a new workbook or only specific workbooks? try opening a new workbook and perform a copy and paste with a samll amount of data. Yo umnay have a problem with the memory associated with the clipboard or your temporary drive on your PC. does the problem happen with other applications besides excel? -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: http://www.thecode...

Account maintenance
the budget button is gray out in my account maintenace screen. Any idea how to enable that? ...

when starting excel, .doc & .dat file come up ?????
When I got my new computer at work XP Pro operating, w/2003 Office pro, every time I open Excel, about 12 .doc & .dat file pop up saying not excel format files, and I have to say close to everyone. Then, if automatically defaults to opening an excel file that is someone elses. I have tried running a repair, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing works. Never, have I had anything like this happen in my fifteen years. Any suggestions????? HELP it really slows me down. -- thankssomuch The first place I'd check is: Tools|Options|General Tab Make sure that the "at star...

in creating a pie chart in excel 2007
How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot I once tried 360 cells and got a wonderful Moiré pattern Why not just experiment with 1, 2, 3 dozen and see for yourself if the result is acceptable ? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "bsalohcin" <bsalohcin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9CF7752-1816-4DCE-BF82-9C25033AE888@microsoft.com... > How many rows or columns of data can the pie chart plot According to MS:- Data series in one chart 255 (max limit) Data points in a...

Excel Incorrectly Plotting Non-sequential Data Points
I am plotting a chart in Excel 2003 using non-sequential data points as shown below. Time Value 0 0.07 2 0.09 4 0.14 6 0.10 9 0.08 10 0.09 Excel, however, plots them in order as if they were: Time Value 1 0.07 2 0.09 3 0.14 4 0.10 5 0.08 6 0.09 When I look at the Source Data, it highlights the right data, but just seems to plot it incorrectly. Could this be a formatting error? Any help is VERY appreciated. Aaron, Select both columns (not j...