Import into the Invoicing Screen

Hi,
I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing
screen of the invoicing module.  It cannot be done with Integration
Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of
transaction.
Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of
transaction?
Thank you,
Anne-Claire McAllister

About the only way to do this is to automate the generation of a Gp Macro
and then launching the macro.
(This is waht integration manager does internally)

Achieving this can be quite easy.  The most difficult part would be handling
conditional processing and dialog boxes.
If you have that you might have to use some sort of a VBA environment to
click/elect the option you need.

HS

--
www.DynExtra.com
A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
"Anne-Claire McAllister" <amcallister@accountnetdot.co> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing
> screen of the invoicing module.  It cannot be done with Integration
> Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of
> transaction.
> Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of
> transaction?
> Thank you,
> Anne-Claire McAllister

0
HSalim (1270)
10/30/2006 11:58:44 PM
You can go very old school. Put the data in Excel, use Excel VBA &
"send Keys" to send one screen of data to GP. Then have the code loop
through that process until you're done.

I've had to do it a number of times. The integration isn't fast and it
takes a lot of testing up front but it works. I probably have some
samples here (not of invoicing though). If you want a sample, send me
an email.

Mark (Mark@dynamicaccounting.net)

HSalim[MVP] wrote:
> About the only way to do this is to automate the generation of a Gp Macro
> and then launching the macro.
> (This is waht integration manager does internally)
>
> Achieving this can be quite easy.  The most difficult part would be handling
> conditional processing and dialog boxes.
> If you have that you might have to use some sort of a VBA environment to
> click/elect the option you need.
>
> HS
>

> --
> www.DynExtra.com
> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
> Current member count: 40
> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
> "Anne-Claire McAllister" <amcallister@accountnetdot.co> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing
> > screen of the invoicing module.  It cannot be done with Integration
> > Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of
> > transaction.
> > Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of
> > transaction?
> > Thank you,
> > Anne-Claire McAllister

0
mpolino (496)
10/31/2006 3:29:11 AM
That is a good option as well. I've never used this route but I know it is
possible.

If you are looking for an example of how to use a macro to accomplish a
task, look here for an example:
http://www.dynextra.com/topic.asp?tid=30

You do not have to use mail merge.  Instad, you could use any programming
language, vbscript for example,
 to create the text file that contains the macro commands.

HS

--
"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" <mpolino@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You can go very old school. Put the data in Excel, use Excel VBA &
> "send Keys" to send one screen of data to GP. Then have the code loop
> through that process until you're done.
>
> I've had to do it a number of times. The integration isn't fast and it
> takes a lot of testing up front but it works. I probably have some
> samples here (not of invoicing though). If you want a sample, send me
> an email.
>
> Mark (Mark@dynamicaccounting.net)
>
> HSalim[MVP] wrote:
>> About the only way to do this is to automate the generation of a Gp Macro
>> and then launching the macro.
>> (This is waht integration manager does internally)
>>
>> Achieving this can be quite easy.  The most difficult part would be
>> handling
>> conditional processing and dialog boxes.
>> If you have that you might have to use some sort of a VBA environment to
>> click/elect the option you need.
>>
>> HS
>>

>> --
>> www.DynExtra.com
>> A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
>> Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
>> Current member count: 40
>> Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
>> Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
>> "Anne-Claire McAllister" <amcallister@accountnetdot.co> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing
>> > screen of the invoicing module.  It cannot be done with Integration
>> > Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of
>> > transaction.
>> > Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of
>> > transaction?
>> > Thank you,
>> > Anne-Claire McAllister

0
HSalim (1270)
11/1/2006 12:52:09 AM
Mark,
can you email me the samples at haribhagat@hotmail.com
Cheers - HB

"Mark Polino (dynamicaccounting.net)" wrote:

> You can go very old school. Put the data in Excel, use Excel VBA &
> "send Keys" to send one screen of data to GP. Then have the code loop
> through that process until you're done.
>
> I've had to do it a number of times. The integration isn't fast and it
> takes a lot of testing up front but it works. I probably have some
> samples here (not of invoicing though). If you want a sample, send me
> an email.
>
> Mark (Mark@dynamicaccounting.net)
>
> HSalim[MVP] wrote:
> > About the only way to do this is to automate the generation of a Gp Macro
> > and then launching the macro.
> > (This is waht integration manager does internally)
> >
> > Achieving this can be quite easy.  The most difficult part would be handling
> > conditional processing and dialog boxes.
> > If you have that you might have to use some sort of a VBA environment to
> > click/elect the option you need.
> >
> > HS
> >

> > --
> > www.DynExtra.com
> > A resource for the Microsoft Dynamics Community
> > Featuring FAQs, File Exchange and more
> > Current member count: 40
> > Share your knowledge.  Add your favorite questions and answers
> > Help add questions to this site!  We want Your input.
> > "Anne-Claire McAllister" <amcallister@accountnetdot.co> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I have a requirement where we would like to import into the invoicing
> > > screen of the invoicing module.  It cannot be done with Integration
> > > Manager and there is no incoming schema in econnect for this type of
> > > transaction.
> > > Does anyone know of a way to import into Great Plains this type of
> > > transaction?
> > > Thank you,
> > > Anne-Claire McAllister

0
hb (32)

make dayly appiont pop up on desktop screen
can you make important days appointment reminders appear on the desktop screen.have them stay until they are manual removed What version of Outlook are you using? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "mga1958" <mga1958@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F77E2D16-60BA-412D-919C-4620AEA7F534@microsoft.com... > can you make important days appointment reminders ap...

Import pdf pages in publisher with better resolution?
I have a 120 page (220MB) publisher for our college catalog. about 70 pages of this is the 'Course Descriptions', which I receive as a pdf file generated from an access database. I have tried importing these pages into the publisher file a number of ways (as .tif, .jpg, and .pdf) and all ways cause the text to look fuzzy and the page background is more gray than the other pages. I have full version acrobat, CS3 etc. What can I do? I would be happy to send example files if anybody is interested enough to take the time. Thank you in advance for any and all assistance. Is w...

problems with program when I import tables from excell
I make a newletter that I import some tables and graphs from Excell. THis has happened before and now it just happened again. I saved and closed everything and when I tried to open the newsletter (several different ways) it says "Publisher cannot open the file". It's gone - Help. That was a lot of work and I don't want to start from scratch. What version Publisher? If you are using 2007 did you apply the service pack? Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976177/en-us...

Purchase order import tool
Is there a way to import purchase order information trough an import tool? There are a few import tools around that are specific to the customers requirements. Purchase Orders in particular have a few varianbles that are to be considered. We have a couple of differnet types of PO imports that are quite basic. Retail Retail have an import utility that seems to be pretty good. Ivan "Otto Badran" <OttoBadran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:86B3E470-0E99-4C03-B7FC-33935A71A764@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to import purchase order information trough ...

QFX Imports Continued.
When I try to import it as a QFX file, Money gives me a "Not A Money Active Statement File" message, and does nothing else with it. I have tried to rename the file to a OFX file and import it, but then nothing happens at all; not message or import. I do a File->Import, etc. to import it. /Mike ...

contacts import
Its looks like the "company" field in the outlook contacts does not import into crm when you import contacts from outlook to crm. this is imortant for me because i am going to make an account for each company and link the contacts to an account according to their company. any ideas thanks ...

FWD: Taste important update
--rjbkhqtkfxf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sqndubprkd"; type="multipart/alternative" --sqndubprkd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fmjyrowerf" --fmjyrowerf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the s...

Check these important package that came from the MS Corporation
--gyeblgsqwmddhkve Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="drovjvladfioak"; type="multipart/alternative" --drovjvladfioak Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sbbxzydz" --sbbxzydz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to co...

Total Number of Invoices Smartlist or SSRS
I need to create a Smartlist or SSRS report that has the Customer Name, Customer Balance (Overage),Total number of paid Invoices ,Total Cash Received, Total number of unpaid invoices, Total $ unpaid invoices and can be sorted by invoice date. What tables can i use im creating a smartlist or how do i create an SSRS report for this? I think this would be easier done in SSRS. Do you have any experience with SSRS? If not, I suggest getting a book - SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services by Brian Larson. It will walk you through creating reports. I keep it by my side always when creating SSRS...

Excel screen views
Normally my files open with columns A thru I and rows 1-21 visible. One of my older files opens with columns A- K and rows 1-25 visible. I want this file to view the same as my normal files. I cannot find any structural difference between these files. Under View Zoom both show 100%. Both appear to have no differences under Tools Options. If I open a current view and this older file simultaneously and I click back and forth between them, the screen views change. Why does this happen? What can I do to fix my older file? Gaylord, It's probably different column widths. -- Earl Kios...

Import web site from server
Is there any easy way of importing web site from server (go daddy) Just cannot find any info about this matter Working with Publisher 2007 It got a bit crazy when they stopped Frontpage,,,,,,,,,,Just gotten used to the prog. Even if he does decide to try Expression Web, it's similar enough with the basics to continue to maintain a site while learning the new features. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OUsEhdhgHHA.3960@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > ...

Having a problem importing a pst file from another computer
I have a pst file from another computer on a CD-ROM that I downloaded to my desktop and made sure the Read-Only file attribute was not checked. I then went through the steps of importing a pst file into Outlook (2000) and am getting the following errors: "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use." And "The file C:...pst is not a personal folders file." Any suggestions? Thanks so much. JC Why are you importing if this is a PST? Just open it. How did you create this PST and have you checked it for errors? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outloo...

Public folder import?
I am building a lab to test our Exch 5.5 -> 2003 migration. As part of that, I would like to recreate some of the public folder structure on the test 5.5 server. I created an export/import file (see the format below) and was successful in importing the directory entries. However, the actual folder do not get created. Is there some magic I can perform with to accomplish this? I tried the consistency adjuster, but it doesn't talk about creating publis folders where only DS entries exist. Thanks \\Greg Obj-Class,Directory Name,Display Name,Folder-PathName,Hide From AB,Obj-Dist-Name...

Importing large files
When I try to import a large file the wizard will allow me to get data upto 65536 rows. However when I try use the wizard again it won't let me start the row at 65537 ..tells me that it's an invalid integer. Help please ! Thanks in advance Hi Chris, Unfortunately, 65536 is the maximum number of rows that are allowed i Excel. I suggest either using Access (which allows for pretty much a many rows as you need) or by chunking the data into logical subsets i.e. 1 month/area/person/etc. per worksheet. Hope this helps! Chri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Importing from Netscape to Outlook
Is there a tool available that will allow me to import mail from Netscape 7.X to Outlook? I found an import feature in Outlook for Netscape lower versions but not 7.0 Any suggestions? "Kelly" <kcathey@rivervest.com> wrote in message news:17d4401c4499c$c454bcb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a tool available that will allow me to import mail > from Netscape 7.X to Outlook? I found an import feature in > Outlook for Netscape lower versions but not 7.0 > > Any suggestions? Try here: http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html Kelly <kcathey@rive...

Internet Explorer import to excel
Is there a method to export the entire range (multiple pages) of a websearch (phone book) to excel? I can accomplish this with 1 page at a time, but am looking for method to export the entire number of pages to excel for data analyses. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "flyp" <flyp@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4BB69F98-08C2-4D0B-9FB4-1E646A6966C1@microsoft.com... > Is there a method to export the entire range (multiple pages) of a websearch > (phone book) to excel? I can accomplish this with 1 page at a time, ...

MS Mail with Vista
I have no way to import my csv file into the mail directory. The only icons or commands I have are: Organize, View, Burn. Where did the others go so I can import the data? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F7782A3-294D-4388-B29A-0F89C4537BBD@microsoft.com... > > I have no way to import my csv file into the mail directo...

SOP- Blank Invoice
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way I can get the GL reference field from the Sales Document Detail entry window, on the SOP blank invoice? I have beebn looking for hours and I am now stumped. This field is being populated from a third party product when the invoice is created and we ant it on the invoice. Thank you for the help -- Fliehigh sop10100 field = Reference -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com ...

Po / Receipt / Invoice data
I have data coming from various systems, that I'm trying to load into great plains on a daily basis. We don't necessarily have the invoice at the same time we perform the receipt. It looks like from going thru the screens, that if you do a separate receipt / invoice transaction you need to create separate batches for each. Does great plains, not do a 3-way match between po - receipt - and invoice? (Before you would post the transaction to the ledger) It looks like when you enter in separate invoice and receipt, that you have a distinct Batch Type. I'm hoping to Dump this data ...

Importing .txt data into existing spreadsheet without overlaying formulas
greetings - can anybody tell me how to import text data into an existing spreadsheet without overlaying formulas in some columns? (need to skip the overlay of those columns that just have formulas used in calculations from data in other columns) regards, booray I think I'd bring the txt file into a different workbook (using file|Open) and then copy from there into the real location. Then close the text file without saving. booray wrote: > > greetings - can anybody tell me how to import text data into an > existing spreadsheet without overlaying formulas in some columns? >...

Slow response/refresh sometimes when switching screens
We have a brand new CRM installation. Most of the time, switching screens is snappy, but about 20% of the time, it'll take 30-60 seconds for the new screen to display. We've got dedicated servers, so it shouldn't be a resource contention issue. Any ideas? Try bumping up the IIS cache. Cheers, Nathan "Ryk" wrote: > We have a brand new CRM installation. Most of the time, switching screens is > snappy, but about 20% of the time, it'll take 30-60 seconds for the new > screen to display. We've got dedicated servers, so it shouldn't be a resource ...

Which message do I have to override to move a modal dialog partly out of screen?
Hallo, I have a modal dialog of dynamical size. I populate the dialog with a variable number of controls in OnInitDialog and modify the overall size of the dialog appropriately. So it may happen that the dialog's height becomes larger than the screen is. In this case the user cannot see the bottom controls. I thought it to be a good idea to override WM_NCHITTEST in such a case: UINT CDlgParameter::OnNcHitTest(CPoint point) { CRect rect; GetWindowRect(&rect); UINT nHit = CDialogTts::OnNcHitTest(point); if (rect.Width() > GetSystemMetrics(SM_CXSCREEN) || rect.Height() >...

Importing Selected Source Book Data
I have a large source worksheet containing data in various columns. When a value is indicated in the "qty" column of the source book, I need the entire row of information to display and list in a second worksheet. How do I display only the selected information in the second worksheet? Personally, I'd keep the data in one location. You could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter, then filter on greater than 0 to show the values that you want. If you really want this stuff on another worksheet, you could copy those visible rows and paste into a new worksheet. Greyson wrote: > ...

how do I import calender to my Blackberry?
Need help getting calender to sync to blackberry...scottreeves@reevesandwagner.com.....Many Thanks scott wrote: > Need help getting calender to sync to > blackberry... >scottreeves@ ------ Many Thanks This is a Blackberry Desktop Manager/Intellisync issue - not an Outlook one. Check your help files in BB or look on the BB website for support. PS: Do not post your email address in newsgroups or in your news account settings unless you really like spam and viruses. "Munge" your address if you must post it - but note that in usenet, replies are meant to stay in the group, ...

import UTF8 to Excel
I import a text file which was saved in UTF8 format to Excel, but the characters are mashed. If I save the file in unicode by notepad, then I can import to Excel without problem. But the same UTF8 text file, I can open in Word. Any one can help? ...