IM Payroll transactions into one batch

Hi,
I know I'm missing something very basic, so I apoligize ahead of time.
I'm trying to adjust a payroll integration to deal with a new set of source
data. It was recommended that I start from scratch and reference an existing
integration. I have everything i need setup (i think). I have the employee
ID, start/end dates, hours, etc mapped correctly. the only problem is that it
is trying to create a seperate batch for each payroll transaction instead of
creating one batch and putting all the transactions into it. Therefor it only
ever integrates the first person in the list and fails on all the others.
Any suggestions or guidance?

0
Zagadsky (1)

Dmitry,

I guess you are using only one file to integrate the payroll transactions.
What you need is another file that contains the Batch ID alone. So, You'll
land up having two files.

1. Payroll Header File - This contain only one column and you just need to
specify your batch ID here in 1 field. Also, Double click this Header file,
Go to Sorting Tab, Under Group By, Select Batch ID

2. Payroll Transactions File - This contain line details, all transactions
which include EE ID, Date so on. Remember to include Batch ID for every
transaction here as a seperate column.

3. Go to Query Relationships, and set relationship between above two files
by Batch ID.

Now, Review your mappings again and run the integration.
--
Thanks
Janakiram M.P.

"Dmitry Zagadsky" wrote:

> Hi,
> I know I'm missing something very basic, so I apoligize ahead of time.
> I'm trying to adjust a payroll integration to deal with a new set of source
> data. It was recommended that I start from scratch and reference an existing
> integration. I have everything i need setup (i think). I have the employee
> ID, start/end dates, hours, etc mapped correctly. the only problem is that it
> is trying to create a seperate batch for each payroll transaction instead of
> creating one batch and putting all the transactions into it. Therefor it only
> ever integrates the first person in the list and fails on all the others.
> Any suggestions or guidance?

0
janakirammp (688)
6/30/2009 3:28:02 PM
I see that there was something similar in the prior integration. The batch ID
is coming from an input, so it looks like there was just an extra field in
the file with a number put in that was being grouped by.
i tried that and it still didn't work.
when i created the query relationship with the arrow pointing towards the
header file, it still tried to insert each record as a new batch.
when i changed it to be the arrow pointing towards the source with the
transactions, it throws an error:

Microsoft ODBC Text Driver Too few parameters. Expected 5.

I have 7 fields in the input file, of those, 5 are being mapped. not mapped
are the grouping field and an extra field with the employee name so that it
can be included in the rejection log upon errors.

Should i remove the fields that are not mapped or try to map them?

Thanks.

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Dmitry,
>
> I guess you are using only one file to integrate the payroll transactions.
> What you need is another file that contains the Batch ID alone. So, You'll
> land up having two files.
>
> 1. Payroll Header File - This contain only one column and you just need to
> specify your batch ID here in 1 field. Also, Double click this Header file,
> Go to Sorting Tab, Under Group By, Select Batch ID
>
> 2. Payroll Transactions File - This contain line details, all transactions
> which include EE ID, Date so on. Remember to include Batch ID for every
> transaction here as a seperate column.
>
> 3. Go to Query Relationships, and set relationship between above two files
> by Batch ID.
>
> Now, Review your mappings again and run the integration.
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> partner forums at
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>

> "Dmitry Zagadsky" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I know I'm missing something very basic, so I apoligize ahead of time.
> > I'm trying to adjust a payroll integration to deal with a new set of source
> > data. It was recommended that I start from scratch and reference an existing
> > integration. I have everything i need setup (i think). I have the employee
> > ID, start/end dates, hours, etc mapped correctly. the only problem is that it
> > is trying to create a seperate batch for each payroll transaction instead of
> > creating one batch and putting all the transactions into it. Therefor it only
> > ever integrates the first person in the list and fails on all the others.
> > Any suggestions or guidance?

Dmitry,
You need not map the EE Name and you can always hide the field if you want
to by going to the source file, double click, and go to general tab where you
select the EE Name field and unmark show.

Now, Coming back to your issue, Did You select the Batch ID in Mapping. The
Batch ID has to be selected from the Payroll header file and not the Payroll
transaction file. When you go to mapping and click Payroll transaction on the
left side, You'll see the mapping fields, where the first field would be
Batch ID. Assign the Rule Use Source Field and Select Batch ID from the
Header file which has only the Batch ID and not from the Transactions file.

Also, when you click Entries on the left side of the pane in Mapping, You'll
see Options tab on the right side where you have to select the Rule Recordset
to be Transactions file.

I know you are doing the same as the sample integration however, you're
missing a step somewhere in the settings like above. Just check the settings
again

--

"Dmitry Zagadsky" wrote:

> Hi,
> I know I'm missing something very basic, so I apoligize ahead of time.
> I'm trying to adjust a payroll integration to deal with a new set of source
> data. It was recommended that I start from scratch and reference an existing
> integration. I have everything i need setup (i think). I have the employee
> ID, start/end dates, hours, etc mapped correctly. the only problem is that it
> is trying to create a seperate batch for each payroll transaction instead of
> creating one batch and putting all the transactions into it. Therefor it only
> ever integrates the first person in the list and fails on all the others.
> Any suggestions or guidance?

0
janakirammp (688)
6/30/2009 4:36:02 PM
I have reworked the file to actually contain the batch ID in the file instead
of as an input. reworked the mapping and source fields to include the batch
ID as you suggested. Originally i had the grouping field coming from the
transaction file in the mapping- i changed it to be coming from the header
file. In effect i followed all your instructions and i'm still getting the
ODBC text driver error.
We've already had no luck getting this to work from our MBS partner (they
actually billed us for something they couldn't even fix!). It's frustrating
because everything i am reading is saying that this should have worked with
all the changes you suggested but it's not.

The worst part is that it does work when there is only one source file and
it does integrate the first record- so i'm guessing the source file is
correctly formatted. The preview shows everything properly. Something is just
going screwy when the grouping is introduced.

I'm going to keep plugging away but i'm open to more suggestions.

Thanks
-Dmitry

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Dmitry,
> You need not map the EE Name and you can always hide the field if you want
> to by going to the source file, double click, and go to general tab where you
> select the EE Name field and unmark show.
>
> Now, Coming back to your issue, Did You select the Batch ID in Mapping. The
> Batch ID has to be selected from the Payroll header file and not the Payroll
> transaction file. When you go to mapping and click Payroll transaction on the
> left side, You'll see the mapping fields, where the first field would be
> Batch ID. Assign the Rule Use Source Field and Select Batch ID from the
> Header file which has only the Batch ID and not from the Transactions file.
>
> Also, when you click Entries on the left side of the pane in Mapping, You'll
> see Options tab on the right side where you have to select the Rule Recordset
> to be Transactions file.
>
> I know you are doing the same as the sample integration however, you're
> missing a step somewhere in the settings like above. Just check the settings
> again
>
> --
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
> Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP
> partner forums at
> http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads
>

> "Dmitry Zagadsky" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I know I'm missing something very basic, so I apoligize ahead of time.
> > I'm trying to adjust a payroll integration to deal with a new set of source
> > data. It was recommended that I start from scratch and reference an existing
> > integration. I have everything i need setup (i think). I have the employee
> > ID, start/end dates, hours, etc mapped correctly. the only problem is that it
> > is trying to create a seperate batch for each payroll transaction instead of
> > creating one batch and putting all the transactions into it. Therefor it only
> > ever integrates the first person in the list and fails on all the others.
> > Any suggestions or guidance?

year changes when copied from one workbook to another
I receive a file from one department and copy the information into another file. When I do this the date changes. It adds one day and four years to the date. The options has the 1904 date system selected. When I turn this off the dates come in correctly but the rest of my dates in the worksheet change. What can I do? Instead of changing your date system, put 1462 in a cell, copy it and select the received dates, then do edit>paste special and select subtract, then reformat as dates -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pgarbarini" <Pgarbarini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

How do I bring email from old PC to new one?
I bought a new PC and would like to import or bring over my old emails and address book. Any pointers would be helpful. Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | I bought a new PC and would like to import or bring over | my old emails and address book. Any pointers woul...

Moving from one place to another depending on value in certain cell
Hi to everybody, In a worksheet I need to move between certain location (cells); these cells are: A8, A68, A128, A188, A248, A308, A368, A428, A488, A548, A608, A668 What I want is: If I put 1 in cell B1 and press ENTER the cursor move to cell A8 (A8 will be the active cell), If I put 3 in cell B1 and press Enter to go cell A128 and so on with other cells from 1 to 12. Can any one help please. Several methods to do this. 1. Unlock just those cells and Protect the sheet. The Tab key will move to those cells. 2. Unlock just those cells and Protect the sheet with "select locked ce...

How to display each column in one row to each shape?
I have an Excel file like this: Unique_ID 1 Name: Tom Class: A And then I have 3 shapes in a viviso drawing I want to display "1" in one of these shapes, "Tom" in the second one, "A" in the last one using Macro. Please help me the code to do that as soon as possible. Thanks so much what version of visio are you using? In v2007 professional you can link data to shapes, in earlier versions you have to write interop code to do it. There are some good examples in david edson's book (check John Marshall's site visio.mvps.org for other references as w...

Two SMTP Addresses for one user?
Is it possible to have two smtp addresses for one user? How do i make it wirk? Do I need a new recipient policy? Thanks, Don Hi Don, just open your Users & Computers console, then edit the user/object you want to add a SMTP address to. See this pic : http://www.christensen-software.com/images/nu008.gif Raz. Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have two smtp addresses for one user? Yes. >How do i make it >wirk? Do I need a new recipient policy? You do if the other SMTP address isn't in the same domain. If they're both in the same d...

Moving or copying building blocks from one template to another
If I have a template with a building block, for example a header in a template A , and want to use it in another template B (that already exists), how should I best do this? The only way I can think of is like this: 1. Save template A as template C. 2. In C open Building Blocks Organizer and set the Properties of the header so it gets stored in the Building Blocks (template) or Normal.dotx 3. Open B and reset the properties of the Building Block header so that it gets stored in B. 4. Delete template C. ? thanks Robin Your third suggestion should work fine if you want...

PM/RM Batch--Transaction Threshold?
1) Does anyone have insight as to the practical limits on the number of transactions which either a PM or RM batch can hold/process prior to presenting a problem. 2) We have had problems in past scenarios where high-transaction volume batches (200+) have caused system problems with posting to the G/L and the Sub-ledgers of either RM or PM. Any way to avoid this w/o reducing the number of transactions contained in the batch? ...

Need a simple way to have only one mode per link with an option
I use items like the following to display links in an iFrame within my page. <asp:TreeNode NavigateUrl="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church" Target="LinksFrame" Text="Wikipedi Item on Church"></asp:TreeNode> I can envision situations where the iFrame might be too small and the user would like to display in another window. I'd like to have a check box to allow that option. On way I could implement is to have two statements for each link and use the check box to select the appropriate one. Is there a simple way to have only o...

If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps
Hi Folks , If Any one have crm 3.0 installation and config certification dumps , Please post it or send to krishnaATgmail.com Thanks Kris ...

Excel 97
I would like to spesify validation for 100 cells in one column, s values inserting in every next sell to be unique in relation to th preceding -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "doynovam >" <<doynovam.14avng@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:doynovam.14avng@excelforum-nospam.com... > I would like to spesify validation for 100 cells in one column, so > values inserting in every next sell to be unique in relation to the > pre...

Sentence repeats from page one to page two of newsletter
I don't know how to properly explain this. Something I typed in the upper right hand text box of page one of my newsletter popped up at the top of page two. I thought I deleted it, but it shows up in the print preview and presumably will show up in the finished copy despite the fact that it is hidden to me. Hope you know what I am talking about. -- M. Palmer Are you using a template? Some templates have a synchronize feature, this maybe the issue you are experiencing. Delete the built-in text boxes and create your own. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://ms...

Employee payroll advances being used to pay for purchases
Is there a better way of handling this situation. I'm a bit of an RMS newbie, so would appreciate your experienced brains here. I allow my staff to buy merchandise at a discount with their purchases being automatically deducted from their paychecks. I have set up each employee with a customer account, and am tracking their purchases successfully. What I need to do is find a way to credit their accounts when I make the payroll deduction, and have this reflected correctly in my QuickBooks extract. I (think I) can add a new tender type to do this, but don't really want this to be ...

multiple copies of contacts after sync, and only one category is showing in address book
I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Also he has his contacts separated into categories and only one shows in the address book - how can I get them all to show? thanks in advance for your help. mleon he is using outlook 2003 michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com <michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com> wrote: > I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies > of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Select the duplicates and click Delete. > Also he has his contacts separated...

Will not accept transaction
I have 2 transactions which downloaded and matched. I click on accept and nothing happens. I right click on the transaction and click on accept and nothing happens. I did both a quick repair and a level 2 repair, but I still can not accept the 2 transactions This has happened to me a few times, once after upgrading and another time for no apparent reason, I deleted the transaction and entered it again, and the next time the bank downloaded I was able to accept the transaction. There is most likely an internal error with the transaction. Bill <ordnance1@comcast.net> wrote in m...

Insert transaction in register?
I am using Money 2006, advanced register. When transcribing entries from my checkbook register to money, I will occasionally skip a transaction. If I want to maintain the same order as in the checkbook, I then have to delete all the following transactions, enter the one I missed, and then reenter the ones I deleted. Is there a way to insert a missed transaction between existing transactions in the register? How are you sorting transactions? If sorting by 'Date', they should follow checkbook entries (assuming checkbook entries are in date order). Choosing View on the menu bar...

Sales Transaction Entry #3
Is it possible to modify the Sales Transaction Entry window to include the Item Description on the same line as the Item Number? Well you can do this easily using Modifier. Move the fields around pretty much how you want. The only thing is that the Item Description is pretty long and the first "line" is already full. So you'd likely have to either maybe your Item Description pretty small or make the other fields on the first line pretty small. Or move some of those off the first line. Either way, the tool to do this is Modifier. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting i...

two 9.0 GP systems going to one 10.0 GP system
I have to different 9.0 GP systems (call the oldest one A and the newest one B) that I need to merge into one system but should I update one of the system (B) to 10.0 then bring the other system data (A) over or should I update both systems then bring system A's data into system B. system A is really old (1999 data is still in it) and System B is only about 3 years old. any words of wisdom from the professionals? You'll need to upgrade both databases to 10.0 because 10.0 introduced some additiional fields in tables that weren't present in the 9.0 database. Frank...

One partial table, one master table
I've got a listing of 3000 personnel. Personnel in column A, supervisors in column B. In a separate worksheet, I have a listing of 400 personnel in column A. Same names in column A, sheet 1 as in column A, sheet 2, just a shorter listing in sheet 1.(smaller worksheet). Short list: Sheet 1 Master list: Sheet 2 How do I get EXCEL to compare sheet 1 with sheet 2, and fill in the appropriate supervisor in sheet 1? You can use VLOOKUP to find the supervisors for sheet 1 from sheet 2 In the column next to the personell in the short list try this formula =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet...

Two Crosstab with one total
I am trying to get a running total on figures but am unable to do so. I can get them to show up on a query but unable to understand how they can be added together. Your help is appreciated. SELECT OvertimeTracking_CrosstabodlTOTAL.Mon, OvertimeTracking_CrosstabodlTOTAL.Sat, qOT.Prior FROM qOT INNER JOIN OvertimeTracking_CrosstabodlTOTAL ON qOT.SSI = OvertimeTracking_CrosstabodlTOTAL.SSI; What are you trying to total. I see two fields from the same query(?) being displayed but no attempt at doing any math. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Nick" wrote: > I ...

How to combine two win32 projects into one
hai, i have developed two win32 modules seperately in VC++ . these are for conversion of media. But i don't know how to combine bothe these. can anybody tell.....what are the steps to do that one?? i have just added one source file and header file of one module into another one respectively. but at the time of compiling it shows the following error. C:\Documents and Settings\balu\Desktop\DVDSRC\disk space\NGDiskSpaceMonitor.cpp(340): error C2665: 'AfxBeginThread' : none of the 2 overloads can convert parameter 1 fr...

im looking for an excel template to track purchase orders against
delivery, does anyone have one or know where i can find one, to save me creating one myself as i am not hot on excel Microsoft may have one: http://office.microsoft.com/en- us/templates/CT011356681033.aspx HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >delivery, does anyone have one or know where i can find one, to save me >creating one myself as i am not hot on excel >. > ...

Sales Transaction Distribution Entry
Transaction --> Sales --> Transaction Entry : When credit card/cash is selected to show the revenue the distribution tab will show the following details : Debit Credit Sale A/c 1250.00 Credit Card A/c 1250.00 Account Receivable A/c 1250.00 Account Receivable A/c 1250.00 Why is it showing the "Accounts Receivable" when the transaction has been done by Credit Card? Do you have Separate Payment Distributions checked in Company Setup Options? (I...

Sales Transaction Integration / Default Account Codes
I have several sales transaction integrations. The sales distribution account is in the source file, and I have "Use Source Recordset" selected in the mapping options. However, when the transactions are viewed in Dynamics, the default sales account codes are displayed--not the account codes from the source file. How can I fix this? Thank you in advance, Caroline PS: The account codes are correct except for the state segment (state where inventory derived) and location segment (actual facility where inventory is produced). But the inventory does not always come from the ...

Printing Notes all on one page
I am running Outlook XP (2002) I have search for the answer to this question and cannot find a solution. I am trying to print all of my notes out on one page. Even if I select them all and choose print, it still wants to print them in Memo Style all on seperate pages. I have done this before, but recently re-installed office and can't remember how I did it. Thanks, Craig ...

Returns Transaction Entry Error
I'm trying to do a Return. Just a plain Return not Return w/Credit. I'm getting the error message: "There are no available quantities for this item or vendor item. Please select a different item or vendor item." The PO has been received but not invoiced. There are quantities on-hand for this item but many have been sold. Why am I getting this error? Thanks. Michelle Michelle, Apparently, the quantity that was received for this item/vendor combination have been sold or otherwise consumed. Do you buy this item from more than one vendor? Could...