I cannot Install Business Portal 2.5 for Great Plains 8.0

There was an error at the end of the installation ... Mbf**.exe error ...
cannot load (1 of 8) data to SQL server ...  What seems to be the problem....?

System Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
MS SQL 2000 SP3a
Microsoft Great Plains 8.0
WSS 2.0
ASP.NET
0
Doe (4)

------=_NextPart_0001_434C0819

John,

Thank you for using Newsgroups!  These types of errors can have different
causes.  I would recommend contacting Support to work on this issue.  The
support number is 888-477-7877.

Thank you,

Nannette Dame

Microsoft Online Partner Support

Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone
support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down"
situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all
Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.

This and other support options are available here:

BCPS:
https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469

Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/

Support page:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.

------=_NextPart_0001_434C0819

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 John,
\par
\par Thank you for using Newsgroups!  These types of errors can have different causes.  I would recommend contacting Support to work on this issue.  The support number is 888-477-7877.
\par
\par Thank you,
\par
\par Nannette Dame
\par
\par Microsoft Online Partner Support
\par
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
\par
\par
\par Business-Critical Phone Support (BCPS) provides you with technical phone support at no charge during critical LAN outages or "business down" situations. This benefit is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to all Microsoft technology partners in the United States and Can ada.
\par
\par
\par
\par This and other support options are available here:
\par
\par BCPS: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/40010469
\par
\par Others: https://partner.microsoft.com/US/technicalsupport/supportoverview/
\par
\par
\par
\par If you are outside the United States, please visit our International Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2finternational.aspx.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_434C0819--

0
nharper (14)
3/9/2005 6:11:25 PM
Hi John,

How did you solve this error? I encountered the same problem.
When I tried to view the xml file, the error I commonly see is: The request
failed with http status 401: unauthorized.

thanks in advance
pam

"John Doe" wrote:

> There was an error at the end of the installation ... Mbf**.exe error ...
> cannot load (1 of 8) data to SQL server ...  What seems to be the problem....?
>
> System Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition
> MS SQL 2000 SP3a
> Microsoft Great Plains 8.0
> WSS 2.0
> ASP.NET
0
Pam1 (264)

Help with vlookup #2
I have data in another sheet that I want to lookup and present in a summary. The standard vlookup would be something like this: =Vlookup($A6,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0) Here is the problem If the data exists in MDR, I get it - OK If the data DOES NOT exist, I get #N/A I tried these: =If(Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)=0,,0,Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)) =If(Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)="#N/A",,0,Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)) - with & without quotes =If(Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)=false,,0,Vlookup($A4,MDR!$K4:$S100,9,0)) How can I do this? If the data is found, paste it, other...

Help filling in form from 2 different tables
I have two tables, CustomerData and EmployeeData. CustomerData has all the address, phn, name, empid# of last employee to help em and custid (primary key) and employeedata has name addr phn and empid (primarykey) I have a combo box that pulls up custdata (by Custid sorting by Lastname & ", " & Firstname) I wanna do an Afterupdate event to fill out the following textboxes (based on the Custid it fills out the Lastname, Firstname, Address, Phnnumber) and then based on the Empid of the last Employee that helped em it will fill out the textboxes witht he first and last na...

Outlook 2003 BCM and Exchange 5.5
Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exchange 5.5..? I installed it as an add on...and it doens't work. Any ideas/advice would be helpful. Thanx in advance. No, BCM doesn't work with Exchange. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Jim C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ab0701c3b85a$d85fcbb0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook 2003 BCM compatible with Exch...

Win CE 6.0 and Bluetooth
Hi All, i tried to enable the Bluetooth function on a Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 (i. MX-based device). For connecting an USB-BT dongle I activated these SYSGENs: -SYSGEN_BTH_USB_ONLY -SYSGEN_BTH_PAN I also tried to additionally add the SYSGEN_BTH, but this seems to make no difference... After a clean SYSGEN I copied the image to the CE-system, started the system, put the USB-dongle (Anycom USB-500 or Delock EDR) in the port and oppend the BT-manager and pressed 'scan'. There were some BT devices found. So the 'basics' of the BT connection should work. But if i...

smtp queues #5
I have exchange 2000. Recently we have had some users complaining that when they send emails the recepient either dont receive it or receive it very late. We do not have problems with any other emails and all incoming emails are coming in and going out ok. I have had a look in the smtp queues. and in the folder 'SMTP (SMTP Connector - Remote Delivery) the are messages there, after i enumerate 100 messages. One of the message i deleted with NDR and reading the ndr message ' This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry ...

How Do I Pass Data Between 2 UserForm's
Greetings, I am trying to pass data from a TextBox on UserForm1 to a Label on UserForm2. At this point UserForm2 cannot see the TextBox on UserForm1. How can I accomplish this? TIA -Minitman If both forms are in memory, you can reference with Label1.Caption = Userform1.Textbox1.Text on userform2, or Textbox1.Text = Userform2.Label1.Caption on userform1 -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Minitman" <excelreply@i-m-p.net> wrote in message news:79ta10dqjvvuvda...

E2k3
Hi all! I've strange trouble with Exch 2k3. POP3 works fine, there's no problem. However, SMTP clients cannot send mail. On the server, SMTP is cinfigured to allow relay for authenticated clients only. On the clients (all I have seen), the authentication is enabled. However, server returns: ----- Outlook Express error ----- The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'vojtek@emwacgroup.cz'. Subject 'Test mail...', Account: 'Test', Server: 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', Protocol: SMTP...

Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.
I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the laptop installation version. When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server." I have tried uninstall and then reinstall but no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting this issue resolved? Thanks! I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time). In my case, I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was fine. To ch...

Can't send external msgs on new Ex2K server in 5.5 site.
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 2000 SP3 server in an existing 5.5 site containing only one server, after following the standard procedure of configuring and running ADC CAs. I've moved one mailbox from the 5.5 server to the 2000 server as a test. I can send messages to it from the 5.5 site, but it cannot send messages outside of the 2000 server. What did I forget please?! Ideally, I wanted to keep the old 5.5 server as a bridgehead server, at least for the time being. One more thing, we share the domain amongst Exchange and another mail system via SMTP routing on Sendmail. T...

SMTP Connector question #2
Hi Had a single E2K3 Sp2 server earlier, and have now added a FE. SMTP connector moved from BE to FE. System enabled with ActiveSync,OWA & Https/Rpc. Everything works perfect. When I looked at "Queues" on BE there is still an SMTP Connector with a strange name: "SMTP Connector -_a46bf5ed9709644683af8319dab8789b_S (SMTP Connector)" -SMTP-Default SMTP Virtual Server-Ready. What's this? Can it be removed? How? Jordan ...

How do I set up a repeating meeting in outlook? #2
Richard Zaw Lin <Richard Zaw Lin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <nothing> Click the Recurrence tab and fill in what you want. -- Brian Tillman ...

Account Limit Notification to administrator and user #2
I can configure the exchange server so that when a user account is nearing its quota limit an email is sent notifying the user. I need to have the same message go to the administratrator as well. Anybody knows how to do this????? ----------------- R//If you're doing this using mailbox management, you can setup admin notification by populating "administrator" field in server properties | mailbox management tab. R//Bharat had an excellent suggestion, just make sure to leave it on "do nothing" other than generating that report.:p Some users might be pissed to see ma...

"the path is not of a legal form" during CRM install
Hi all, On a couple different servers while installing various CRM components I've run into an error that halts installation. On the "Select Installation Location" screen for the CRM outlook client and the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data Migration manager setup I get a dialogue box with a big red X that reads "The path is not of a legal form" with an OK button. Hitting OK returns to to the installation location screen, but if you hit next it just keeps popping up, leaving you with cancel as the only option. The illegal path does not seem to refer to the install path...

Protecting Worksheets #2
Win XP HE, SP1 Excel 2002 SP3 Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... Tx, S You will need a for/each looping macro -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OtKnfpLAFHA.4044@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Win XP HE, SP1 > Excel 2002 SP3 > > Hi, How can I protect the 25 worsheets contained in single workbook AT ONCE? > I dt want to have to do it manually for each sheet.... > Tx, > S > > D...

using the Lotus 1-2-3 file import, numbers command in excel
how do i use the lotus 1-2-3 file import, number command in an excel spreadsheet? this command in lotus..allows me to just import numbers, no text is imported..i do not want to import text...please advise..im trying to convert a lotus spreadsheet to excel and i need to figure out how to do this in excel ...

CRM 3.0 & SQL 2005 Database Mirroring
Hi Could anyone settle this. Can CRM 3.0 make use of SQL Database Mirroring as a high availability solution. I believe that this is only possible with CRM 4.0 but a colleague assures me that it will work with CRM 3.0? Thanks ...

How to set rule to Flag message for follow up within 3 BUSINESS days?
I have an outlook rule set up to: Apply this rule after I sent the message with "(" or ")" in the subject flag message for Follow up within 3 days. But, I'd like to follow up in 3 BUSINESS days. (That is, ignoring Saturdays and Sundays). If I send it on Monday, follow up on Thursday But If I send it on Friday, follow up on Wednesday. outlook doesn't support business days, only days. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http:/...

Serialisation auto formatting #2
Hi, I'm trying to serialise some objects and I've can't get the built in serialisation to output exactly what I want. For the moment I'm implementing the IXmlSerializable interface and doing it the long way. For future reference is it possible to specify how a property should be formatted when being serialised? Example: In the following code I want the Time property to be formatted not to the default .ToString() but to .ToUniversalTime().ToString("r") [Serializable] public class Test { [XmlElement("time")] public DateTime Time; } I was wondering is t...

Undoing Bank Reconciliation #2
Hello: I know that you cannot undo a Bank Rec once it is done for a period. Also, TK says that all you can do is enter the new Bank Statement Ending Balance and reconcile that one "new" item that needs reconciling for that period. So, is there any sort of third party tool out there that will allow this feat to be accomplished? At a minimum, if the Bank Rec cannot be undone, it would be nice if you could view the impact of the new transaction for that period against that period's Bank Rec that has already been conducted. Thanks! childofthe1980s what KB are you referin...

GP Dynamics 9 and Windows 2003 Service Pack 2
If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? Chris, Should be no problem, we have customers running it with GP 9.0. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D4E1BA-CF22-45EE-97F2-9BE2244D590D@microsoft.com... > If we install Windows 2003 service pack 2, would this interfer with our > current version of GP Dynamics 9.0? thank you for quick response.... much appreciated! "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Chris, ...

Font Size #2
When setting a new appointment the font is 12 and I would like it to be 10 by default. I am talking about the large area they give you for any notes at the bottom of the screen. Can this be changed? -- Paul Ingram DNS SYSTEMS LIMITED (902) 488-3166 Web: www.dnssystemsltd.com Email: dnssystems@ns.sympatico.ca ...

Help needed in excel transpose #2
I need a macro to transpose data in the excel.The data that i have is in the following format: Summary Some data Steps 1)Some data 2)Some data Expected Result Some data Keywords Some data This is repeated in the next row and so on.. I need it in the following format Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Summary Steps Expected Result Keywords somedata 1)Some data Some data Some data 2)Some data Note that th...

Unable to start processing services. #2
this is a pIII with microsoft xp+sp2 and office xp+sp3. whenever i start Ms outlook, a windows pop up saying: "<B>unable to start processing services. could not open the item. try again.</B>" what is that and how can i solve it. appreciate your quick reply. ...

How to log mailbox activity? Exch 5.5
We are running Exchange 5.5. This morning a department head asked me to log incoming and outgoing activity (including time messages were sent) for one employee. I have looked through MS Knowledge Base and the FAQ's here, along with doing a search here. No luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. In Exchange 5.5 Open the Exchange Admin program and go to Configuration> Connections> Internet Mail Service > Diagnostics and Logging. On the MS Exchange IMC select the Items to monitor and level. Make sure that on the Internet Mail tab that message tracking is enabl...

Exchange 5.5 On W2K Services Won't Initialize
I have a Windows 2000 AD Server. Which has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. For some reason now the following services won't start. Exchange Event Service Internet Mail Service Message Transfer Agent System Attendant When I do try and start these services this error comes up: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b) Click on OK to terminate the application. Then when I do this one comes up. Error 1053, the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. In the event logs I get this as well Source:...