Hyperlink on GP window

Is there a way to put a hyperlink on a GP window which will open a web-based
application and send the data from a field on the GP window to the web app?
I would like to be able to do an AP document inquiry in GP, open the
document inquiry zoom window and on this window have a hyperlink which would
also send the voucher field data.

I'm 'obviously' not a programmer, but is there some relatively simple way to
do this I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Neil

0
blots (30)

Neil:

Typically web applications work using two kinds of input parameters:
- An input through the QueryString. It would be something like
www.ap.com?Document=123456. If your web app works using a query string, yes
it is possible using a VBA code. You will be attaching this VBA code to this
GP window. In place of 123456 you would dynamically pass the "Document Number"
- Second is an input using a form request. In this case, you would have to
pass the parameter using a form submit. If your web-app uses this, then you
would need a little help from the web-app to find out the name of the form
variables.

I understand that this is a brief concept.

Hope it helps.

Girish

"Neil" wrote:

> Is there a way to put a hyperlink on a GP window which will open a web-based
> application and send the data from a field on the GP window to the web app?
> I would like to be able to do an AP document inquiry in GP, open the
> document inquiry zoom window and on this window have a hyperlink which would
> also send the voucher field data.
>
> I'm 'obviously' not a programmer, but is there some relatively simple way to
> do this I am overlooking?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil

WM_QUERYCENTERWND and detecting creation of modal window.
I found that, the parent window is receivinig WM_QUERYCENTERWND when new modal window is started under that parent. I can capture that message in method CDialog::WindowProc. Capturing WM_QUERYCENTERWND is better then capturing WM_ENABLE, because when UI is multithreaded, it is possible to have two or more modal windows simultaneously connected to one parent (each modal window on separate thread). When second modal window is connected to parent window, I don't receive WM_ENABLE, but I receiving WM_QUERYCENTERWND each time when new modal window is shown. I need to count how many mo...

How to write text to command prompt console windows?
I am using VC++ 6.0 to build a windows based application, however, my application allows user to input command arguments in the dos prompt windows. I want to have a warning message for user if they have input the wrong arguments. How can I write text to the dos prompt windows if user input the wrong arguments? Thanks in advance. Steven. Steven wrote: > I am using VC++ 6.0 to build a windows based application, however, my > application allows user to input command arguments in the dos prompt > windows. I want to have a warning message for user if they have input the > wrong ar...

FRx w/out closing GP year
I want to be able to run a Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows from FRx for the month of January and every month in 2009 until the tax returns have been completed, we have made any adjusting entries, and we close the year 2008 and roll the balances forward. I don't want to close the year in GP to make this happen. I know in my past companies I had to export the Balance Sheet from the end of the prior year to Excel, run the current month and export to Excel, and add the two together and publish a report from Excel, which I'm trying to avoid. Is there a workaround for thi...

All in one Windows 2003 Server as PDC with SQL and CRM
hello, can i install an Microsoft CRM Production Server as an All-In-one Solution with Microsoft CRM and SQL 2000 Server on the PDC (Windows 2003 Server)? Is this supported? What are the possible disadvantages besides not having an secondary Domain Controller for extra security? Andy in a testing environment this works but in production is not a good idea. The only supported single server deployment is sbs 2003 etc. why not supported? apart from SBS you should never start treating your domain controllers as application servers as if anything goes wrong you risk losing your entire AD....

Windows Server 2008 Installation Error
Hi , I am trying to install WinServer 2008 checked build x86 in my computer but I get following error when I put the key: Windows Server 2008 Installation Error: Windows installation has encountered an error and needs to be restarted. i restart the installation but the problem happens again. any fix for this? Thanks, Are you booting from the installation media? -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "dfrg" wrote: &g...

Windows Explorer
One of my document folders has a bold heading that reads "Unspecified". The folder name is "2008". If I name it anything else, the heading disappears. What does this heading mean? -- ....Len -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > One of my document folders has a bold heading that reads "Unspecified". The > folder name is "2008". If I name it anything else, the heading disappears. > What does this heading mean? Maybe an answer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306554 Look into the second to last paragraph. Ber...

Priority Option on the MO Entry Window
Is there a way to set the default (Low medium or High) in the Manufacturing Order Entry Window? I would like it to default to Low, but it now defaults to medium... thanks! -- Doug Dear Doug, Actually it does not exist as option, but if you have VBA module registered, this will be easily customized, just add the form and the priority field to VBA and paste the following code lines: Private Sub Window_AfterOpen() Priority.Value = 1 End Sub Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://...

ERROR 1053 when strating CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003
When strating the MSCRM Security Service I get the following error. ERROR 1053: THe service did not respond to the strat or control request in a timly fashion. We have just installed CRM prior to migrating it from a 2000 server. Any sygestions on what could be causing this ?? Thanks ...

How can I change the Z-axes of my window or dialog? #2
Hello, All: I am now meetting a problem that the sub-window( or sub-dialog) would not be shown out in front of the parent window, however, I just wanna let it be shown in front of my parent window. Is there anybody who knows how I can set the Z-axes with any function? Thanks in advance! ...

windows update fail...... What now?
ok so I had a problem with windows update downloading but not installing.. I did go to the windows file in the C: drive and manually installed it myself. Thinking that it would fix my install problem.. I was wrong.. I next have found out that in my event logger that my IIS6 is not working properly or something. It doesn't look right and in my event logger it says my security assessment tool 4.0 error 1303 I am the administrator and logged in already so what the heck? And I also would like to say that my computer is old and it's a IBM think pad running windows xp perfessio...

.net 3.0 on GP 7.5?
I need to know if the .net 3.0 framework will "break" GP 7.5. .net 3.0 is necessary for another application which will be running on the same machine. I cannot find an answer on Partnersource or various other resources that I've looked into. 7.5 is not supported by Microsoft anymore... Any insight would be much appreciated! Dear, You can export the data from the first company using SmartList, and use Integration Manager or Macro's to import the transactions into the other company, please let me know if you need any help in either ways. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daou...

unable to delete Windows.edb file
I am trying to delete my Windows.edb file which is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows I have indexing service set to manual and off. I also have Microsoft Search disabled. But when I try to delete the Windows.edb file, I get a file in use message and it won't delete. What else uses it? I am also getting a bungh of MSSBC4xx.log files that show up in the same folder. There are about 50 of them now. Where do they come from? And is it related to my being unable to delete the ..edb file? Thanks, ...

Can GP be run from a shared network location?
Is it possible to run Great Plains from a shared network location? Or to deploy it by copying an existing installation? Mike Mike It is possible to have a central shared application folder however, this is normally only used in a Terminal Server environment. To use this configuration in a LAN environment could cause performance and network congestion issues due to the additional network traffic required. You will need to do an initial CD installation on each workstation as this will add the system and registry components of the install as well as the client itself. Once you have ...

Run full size window application
How should I set an MFC application to run on full size window (as maximized) when application does start? I tried to set as a predefined size on MainFrm, in PreCreateWindow() but does not doing what I need (e.g. ::SetWindowPos(m_hWnd,HWND_TOP,x1,y1,x2,y2,NULL); Thanks, Chris On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:12:07 -0400, Chris <chris@ca.ca> wrote: >How should I set an MFC application to run on full size window (as >maximized) when application does start? >I tried to set as a predefined size on MainFrm, in PreCreateWindow() >but does not doing what I need (e.g. >::SetWindowPos(m_h...

maximize window
A co-worker worked on an Excel spreadsheet that we both use and Saved it. Now, when I open it, the workbook window is not maximized nor can I because the 3 buttons in the upper right corner of the window (Minimize, Maximize and Close) are nowhere to be found. The co-worker is unavailable for me to ask him what he did. How do I get the 3 buttons back so that I can maximize the window? TIA David Two options. If the title bar is just off the screen and you can't see it: Window|Arrange|Tiled (and resize the way you like it) If you can see the whole title bar, and that title bar is...

Send and Receive window keeps opening
Every time Outlook does a send/receive, the progress window comes up, even though I clicked the box to not show the window again. Anybody know why this is happening and how to kill it? ...

Can I use Windows XP Home for Commercial ?
i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ? Jim wrote: > i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows > XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people > told ...

"cannot open outlook window" message
I have been using Outlook Professional for about a year, operating system Windows 7 home premium 32bit. I started receiving this error message yesterday and every fix I have tried has failed. Does anyone have a fix? Thank you, -- Genaro And what would 'every fix' be exactly? "Genaro" <Genaro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29E29D2C-32A1-463C-A85F-77D13D575160@microsoft.com... >I have been using Outlook Professional for about a year, operating system > Windows 7 home premium 32bit. I started receiving this error message >...

No GP 9 access when our Internet connection fails
When our Internet connection fails no one can access GP 9 SP3 on Server 2003/SQL 2000. This is a small local network of 25 computers, with a single Internet router. We first noticed this problem about 2 months ago. Why would a loss of our Internet connection not allow anyone access to our GP Server? Thanks, Steve Hi Steve My guess is that it is not your interent going down but you router shutting down. If all computers are connected to the same router for internet and for network access, and it went down then you would no tbe able to access internal resources or the internet. ...

What is the proper app destination in Windows 7 64 bit ?
Hello, I just encountered that problem in Windows 7 64 bit although Windows 7 32 bit does not have that problem. User (?) installed my application in c:\Program Files(86) folder. My app creates subfolders to App.Path during normal program operation. Despite user being the administrator the subfolder cannot be created (there is an error "File/Path Access Error" How should I proceed in that case? Should the installation insist on another program location (which one) or should I consider something else? Your help appreciated, Claire Claire wrote: >...

Is Hyperlinking available in Pub. 2002 or 2003
In Publisher 2000 you need to be in web mode to make a hyperlink. I'm writing a newsletter and want to stay in newsletter mode. Does version 2002 or 2003 address this problem, so I can make a hyperlink in regular Publisher newsletter mode? Thank you. John Schulte No - and if you think about it, it will make sense why not. (Kinda hard to click on a link that's on a piece of paper.) If you need links for an online version of the newsletter, you are probably creating a .pdf version of the newsletter. If that's the case, get Acrobat Standard. That's what I use for my onli...

CFileDialog Look and Feel in Windows OS
I noticed that my application does not adapt the look and feel of CFileDialogs of WinXP/WinVista. During runtime, the icons, combox boxes, button and other controls still looks like the ones in Win2K. I compiled the application in Visual Studio 2005. What can be my problem? Your help will be very much appreciated. Thank you. Take a look at this: http://www.codeproject.com/w2k/xptheme.asp Tom "beta_tester08" <beta_tester08@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFB28EB8-A0BA-4BEC-8285-03C1FAA48FD4@microsoft.com... >I noticed that my application does not ad...

Receive Windows Installer error 1605 when loading
Hired a tech for $$$ to transfer old templates from my old Windows ME to my new notebook running XP. When the templates would not load properly the technician deleted them. Now I receive an Windows Installer Error preventing me from loading Publisher 2003 at all. Could you give me some idea what file might have been deleted in error that would cause such a problem and how I can retrieve a replacement. Is there a list of files where I can compare what is missing from the application? The package came bundled with the notebook and I don't want to have to do a system restore lo...

Recommend book about processing window messages?
Can anyone recommend a good book or resource explaining details about how to properly process window messages including what not to do? You don't have to do much of this with MFC, but I just went to Google and put in ' book processing windows messages ' and got tons of hits. Tom "David Deley" <deleyd@gte.net> wrote in message news:6YaSi.12294$1_2.9131@newsfe12.phx... > Can anyone recommend a good book or resource explaining details about how > to properly process window messages including what not to do? "David Deley" <deleyd@gte.net&g...

Windows Vista SP2 clients of SBS 2008 hanging on startup problem since update
On all of the laptops running Windows Vista Business SP2 on our Windows SBS 2008 network, it is taking several hours to startup ever since the March 9th Small Business Server client update. It hangs there with the "Please wait" message for over 30 minutes. Most of the users encountering this indefinitely long wait have tried to break out of it and shut down and restart their laptops. When this happens, Windows Explorer hangs and they spend all day trying to restart their systems. Only when the system is started without the network, will it finally make it to the Windows...