Human Interface Device Access

The event log keeps showing error 7023, The Human Interface Device Access
Service terminated with error System cannot find the file specified.

Please help me.

Thank you,

AJRoad
0
AJRoad (2)

AJRoad, this forum is for Microsoft Great Plains (a financial system software
package); but I have seen the error you mentioned and will provide the
following insight:

The error will occur if any of the following three files are missing:
hidserv.dll
mouhid.sys
mouclass.sys

To fix this problem extract hidserv.dll, mouhid.sys and mouclass.sys from
the file drivers.cab, located on the Windows XP Setup CD.
1. Insert Windows XP Setup CD.
2. Browse to <CDROM drive letter>:\i386\drivers.cab
3. Double click the drivers.cab file. The compressed files in the *.cab file
will be listed.
4. Copy the three files to <SystemRoot>\windows\system32\
5. Reboot the computer.

Hope this helps, rc

"AJRoad" wrote:

> The event log keeps showing error 7023, The Human Interface Device Access
> Service terminated with error System cannot find the file specified.
>
> Please help me.
>
> Thank you,
>
> AJRoad
0
RC (240)

Re: Converting Access Database From 2003 to Access 97
jixiaoli <jiaxialoli@eyou.com> wrote in message news:... > > Tim <xtimx_wildingx@yah.com> wrote in message > news:27e001c3fc97$6b59bbd0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am developing applications in VB and Access. I distribute an Access 97 > database as part of the system. I have recently upgraded from using Access > XP to Access 2003 to manage the distributed database. Since I still wish to > distribute the database in Access 97 format to clients, I convert the file > from Access 2003 to Access 97 format before distribution. The distribution > database contains ...

OE removes access to certain types of files on e-mails
Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook to NOT automatically remove certain types of files eg PDF, HTML, DAT files etc. Are they removing them or blocking them? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to get the attachments off. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit forward on a message or disable it in tools | options | security. On 25 Apr 2004 02:07, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook ...

offline access to message rules with Exchange account
Is there any way to get access to the message rules when there is an Exchange account in the mix (in offline mode, synchronized)? I want to have offline access to the Exchange public folders, but I also want to be able to use client-side message rules for my other POP email accounts. (Outlook in online mode is too slow to get anything done in my case.) I tried setting my mail delivery to a local folder, but apparently this doesn't do the trick. This is Outlook 2002 on Windows XP. Thanks for any help. ...

accessing crm via RWW or terminal service ?
Hi , Can anyone pls give me some help on using CRM 3.0 via terminal server or remote web workplace. This way we dont need to worry about VPN's and give outlook or webaccess within the terminal/RWW itself.. any feedback ? thanks Thanks Larry. Very helpful. "Larry Lentz [CRM MVP]" <LarryLentzCRMMVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE62280-4345-4405-8C1A-DE41ABD7772A@microsoft.com... > Accessing CRM via RWW and Terminal Services/RDP is no problem. If you can > log > into your workstation via RWW or RDP, you can certainly access CRM if you ...

Trying to configure exchange2k3 for POP3 access
I am pretty new to exchange so am running into a few problems here and there...this being one of them. Background --> On our network we have about 4 PC's that are still running windows 98, and because of the applications that run on those PC's they have to keep using windows 98. Since SBS2003 will not connect a win98 computer and therefore will not work with exchange. I suppose if I installed outlook2003 on them I could connect to exchange but some of those PC's are pretty slow and I dont know if they could really handle it all that well. A couple of them have outloo...

An open on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_MSTR' failed accessing sql data.
Hi.. We are on Dynamics GP 9.0 and we recently updated our GP with 'Advanced Human Resource and Payroll suite 9.0'. The update on the server and client computers went through good but when one of our user is trying to print a payables check its giving the following error message. "An open on table 'ME_Direct_Deposit_MSTR' failed accessing sql data." We initialized the database for all our companies by logging in as SA and accessing all the companies on server as well as client computers. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Any help on this one will be much appre...

Direct Access and SBS 2008
Has anyone successfully depolyed Direct Access on a SBS 2008 Server? Trying to figure out if SBS 2008 will do Direct Access or not. Not a whole lot of info out there on this topic. If purchasing Win2k8 R2 is the only way to get Direct Access I would like to know that ahead of time. Seems like such a waste of money for only 15users though. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0109_01CB3E20.49662E60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Direct Access is a function of Server 2008 ...

Memoria Esaurita access 97
Ciao a voi tutti Ho un piccolo (grande problema) che forse voi potete risolvere. Ho acquistato un nuovo PC con Vindow Vista Ultimata e con Microsoft office Ready 2007 preinstalled. Siccome ho alcuni clienti con Access 97 volevo installarlo come primo e poi installare la versione 2000 ect. Access 97 viene installato senza lacun problema per� non parte (errore: Memoria esaurita?) Sarei lieto di ricevere una delucidazione Grazie e saluti ...

OWA access #12
Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has passed. UserB was able to log onto UserA mailbox via OWA. We do not have the "change password" facility available in OWA. How was UserB able to do this? thanks ShuggyB "free.teranews.com" <hgaryblackSPAMFRITTER@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ovig4FhwGHA.2232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can anyone give me a theory on this. I am stumped. > > UserA was disabled 6 months ago. Password expiry age on the account has > passed. ...

i get a message too many fields defined on ACCESS
Trying to add columns, and it does not let me. What can I do Ibz�n wrote: > Trying to add columns, and it does not let me. > > What can I do I believe the limit is 255, but you may need to do a compact and repair (see top line menu) to free up previously deleted fields. If you are anywhere over about 30 or 40 fields, you likely need to revise your table design and "Normalize" it. -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit ...

Immediate revocation of Exchange Access
I have a user that I need to immediately block use of Outlook and exchange for security purposes. Any suggestions? tomweho@hotmail.com ..357 magnum ?? under ad user and computers you can dsable most of exchange features. under exchange advanced, you can remove read and full control to this mailbox to self user. i guess this is it hth Pedro Leite ------------------------------------------ "Exchange Groups" <tomweho@hotmail.com> escreveu na mensagem news:ui%23NQXWkGHA.4652@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user that I need to immediately block use of Outlook and e...

Emailing attachments from Access
Not sure if this is the best group for this... I have an access application that needs to send emails. Some of the emails will require an attachment (may be more than one). The attachment will always be from a defined directory. Im using the code below to send the mail. What I'd like to be able to do is set the path of the directory that attachments will come from so that when user clicks Insert File, the file dialog opens in the correct directory. If there was only ever going to be a single attachment, I could open a File dialog first and send an attachment path into procedure ...

Web access to Outlook 2002?
Hi all Is this possible? I have a PC which runs Windows 2000 Pro and Outlook 2002. Outlook has about 5 years worth of emails. It also downloads email from numerous ISPs and has rules which puts emails into various folders. I want to be able to access my Outlook emails which are stored on this pc from the Internet. So, I'm looking for a programme which will allow me Web access via a browser interface to the emails on my pc and also have, ideally, SSL certificates for security. I don't want to replace Outlook, nor use MS Exchange. Thanks -- To reply, take NOSPAM out of my email addr...

Remote access user should allow you to assign leads, accounts and.
CRM should provide the capability to assign records to non CRM users. IE - the company may have manufatcuring rep companies that resell their product but these companies and their sales reps would never work in CRM. They need the ability to assign teh records to them to manage and track sales and comissions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...

Forwarding Outlook Web Access Mail
I would like to forward the email I receive in Outlook web forward it to my Gmail account. I was looking into the rules and I created one with every option blank except the option "forward it to". Can you tell me how the rule should look like to accomplish this? Thanks. ...

How do I display the most recent of three dates in an Access quer.
How do I display the most recent (or latter) of three dates in an Access query? I'm assuming that the date field is truely a date/time datatype and not a text field with something that looks like a date. 1. Create a query and sort on that field in descending order. Run it to make sure it looks correct. 2. Open the query in SQL view. Change where it says SELECT to SELECT TOP 3 One caution: If there is a tie for 3rd place, Access will show all the tied records. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

If Statements in Access
Hello I am currently using the following IF statement in Excel however i will need to convert it so that it will work for me in Access =IF(Expiry Date<>"",IF(Expiry Date <Todays Date,"Cease Working ",IF(todays date> Expiry Date -60,"Submit New Application"," ")),"") Can someone please help Thanks Longbeach LongBeach, I take it you're updating a text control with text according to the value of [Expiry Date] vs. the current system Date... And, you don't need the If [Expiry Date] <> "". If it's...

Access 97
I am trying to open a report in design mode using Access 97. Even after taking the mdb file off the network and trying to open it up at my workstation. I cannot enter design mode in any reports to diagnose a problem. The database is not passworded and was running locally with no other users having it open. The design mode button is disables -- David Dave wrote: > I am trying to open a report in design mode using Access 97. Even > after taking the mdb file off the network and trying to open it up at > my workstation. I cannot enter design mode in any reports to diagnose >...

Outlook web access #26
When ever I am using Microsoft Outlook 2000 Web Access, I am encountering problems when I reply to a message or forward a message. It is trying to load Windows 2000 files that I don't have on my hard drive. Any suggestions? what problems are you encountering ? "Brent" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06b201c3ce1d$6347f720$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When ever I am using Microsoft Outlook 2000 Web Access, I > am encountering problems when I reply to a message or > forward a message. It is trying to load Windows 2000 files > that I don&#...

Need Help with Delete SQL for Access
Hi, I have an MS Access Table that I use to store log information and it looks something like this: tblLog ID Job SN Message Date 1 script1 abc123 Failure 1/1/2007 2 script2 abc123 Failure 1/1/2007 3 script2 abc123 Success 1/2/2007 4 script2 def456 Success 1/2/2007 5 script1 def456 Success 1/9/2007 6 script1 def456 Failure 1/10/2007 7 script1 abc123 Success 1/10/2007 I would like to create a query that would delete all of the old information. In other words, I only want to keep the data from the last time the script was run. If I were going to select the data, I would use something like ...

Stuck in Exclusive Mode, Converting from Access 2000 to 2007
There is no .ldb file to delete. If there is I don't see it. Wouldn't it be in the same folder the .dbe file is in? I am the database administrator and at some point I opened the file in exclusive mode. Since then I have logged off many times and have even rebooted. I am trying to convert this 2000 database to Access 2007 by "Saving As." But this can't be done since the ghost user (me) already has the file open in the exclusive mode. Any advice? >>I am trying to convert this 2000 database to Access 2007 by "Saving As." Try ...

Excel won't allow access to some rows!--- Very strange!!
I have a strange problem with one of my spreadshteets. I am not able to access or see any rows 1 to 31. It is as if the "hide" function is in effect. I have tried the "unhide" function, but no use. It is as if I am locked out of these rows! I don't have any "freeze" function active with respect to the unaccesible rows. Anyone here knows what is going on? thanks When you try and unhide select the whole sheet by clicking the border above and to the left of cell A1 and then try unhide rows and then also try row heightr standard. -- Hope this helps M...

Before update event Access Message?
Hi new to access but keen. I have a cmd button on a form that is initiating a forced save Me.dirty = False. I think this is firing the before Update event that I am validating data entry with. Code If DateDiff("n", StartTime, FinishTime) <= 0 Then Cancel = True MsgBox "You cannot end the task before you start!", vbOKOnly, "Review your start and finish times!" Me.FinishTime.SetFocus Exit Sub End If This seems to be working as the message box appears but then another meassage from Access apears saying "The setting you entered is invalid...

OE removes access to unsafe attachments
can anyone please help me on how to fix this problem. i am unable to open any attachments thanks ...

User access/security for command buttons
Hi, Hope someone can assist me with this problem.I have varios command buttons setup on my form. What I would like to do eventually give rights to certain people who can access the information behind the command buttons.Is this Possible.Thanks On Sep 28, 9:06 pm, benonibriggs1...@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > > Hope someone can assist me with this problem.I have varios command > buttons setup on my form. What I would like to do eventually give > rights to certain people who can access the information behind the > command buttons.Is this Possible.Thanks There may be a toolkit...