HR version number not updating after installing SP

Hello,
We upgraded Great Plains & Human resources to 8.0 & also installed SP2.
After the SP2, The Great Plains version number has properly updated to
8.00g34 but the HR version still says 8.00.7 instead of 8.00.10 on the server
& other wrkstations.
This was not a problem. The HR modified reports all upgraded fine & all
workstations are able to run the modified HR reports except one wrkstn. This
one wrkstn. has properly updated the HR version number to 8.00.10. When we
try to run an HR report from this wrkstn, it says that the dictionary is not
found. The reports need to be upgraded. It is pointing to the correct shared
HRPRPTS.DIC  as the other wrktns.
Is this because of the difference in version number?
How can we fix this? Since all other wrkstations can properly gnerate the HR
reports, we are scared to make any changes to the other wrkstns.
Thanks in advance
0
VP (39)

Problems inserting pictures in Excel 2002 sp-2
When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen. Grab and move it again and it shows up again.... HELP?????? My IT guy is lost on this one! It sounds more like a windows display problem to me. Do you have the zoom factor set to 100%? (It may help.) But maybe you could try closing other applications or changing the display settings. I use...

Importing Numbers
I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leading "0" was deleted. Why? How do I overcome that as I have to have the "0". -- KM Am 02.06.2010 16:44, schrieb Kevin M: > I imported a bunch of records that include an item number that begins with > "0". Both the Excel spreadsheet cell and the Access table are marked as > NUMBER. Nevertheless, when the item are imported the leadi...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Find cell numbers in a table so I can multiply
Hello, I have a word document and in the documents header there is a table. This table a has diferent number of cells in each row like: Row one: 2 cells Row two: 4 cells Row three: 2 cells Row four: 10 cells Row five: 2 cells What I wanted to do is multipy 3 cells together thats in row four and show the total in the same row. I have a number in the 3rd cell that needs * by the number in the fith cell that needs * by the number in the seventh cell and totaled in the 9th cell. I know I have to select the ninth cell and select table/formula then what? -- Thanks, Chad I ...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Error installing CRM 3
Trying to install CRM on a development server that has just been rebuilt after disk failure and the install runs through until it attempts to grant permissions on the newly created databases. The CRM install is all on this machine i.e. webserver and sql server are the same box. The error message reads Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.GrantDatabaseAccessAction failed. Setup could not complete this action. This might be due to the fact that there are multiple Domain Controllers and they have not replicated nw Microsoft CRM information yet. If this is the case you have several options: ...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

numbers not correct
When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) Think you could either precede the entry with an apostrophe ('), or pre-format the data entry col as text. -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Chicken Dogs" wrote: > When I try to add numbers to a cell, they are converted to a date. How can I > correct this? I have the "general" numbers tab selected. (Excel 2007) ...

Add a number based on list of criteria ??
Example: Cell A = 50, Cell B = 96%, Cell C = Cell A + (Cell A x Cell B) = 98 I want to be able to compare the list of criteria and add a number to Cell C accordingly For example: If Cell B is between 95 and 100%, Add 1 to the total in Cell C If between 85 and 94%, add 2... etc. There are more than 7 so I know I can't simply nest If statements... Any advice on how I could fairly simply accomplish this? TIA! One way: Put your % bands in a table (say in J1:Kx, e.g.: J K 1 0 11 2 5% 10 3 15% 9 .... 10 85% 2 11 ...

Will my Office XP install on Windows 7?
I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. Will Office XP install on Windows 7? Yes it will, but Outlook will not retain account passwwords Office 2003 and later is fully compatible "glouces" <glouces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8699F413-1E85-4CC3-BD05-856A8ECC578B@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. > Will Office XP install on Windows 7? ...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

AUTO NUMBERING #2
hi all,i have made an invoice template for my work.how can i get these invoices to sequentially number each time i use the invoice and save as iun the customers name?any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. thanks wyn. -- WYN Hi one way (using the Windows registry for storing the last number). Put the following code in the workbook module (not in a standard module) of your template: - It changes cell A1 of the first sheet - you may change the key identifiert according to your needs (e.g. DEFAULTSTART, MYLOCATION, etc.) Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Int...

Non-Plug&Play driver installation
Hello there, I have a device which is not plug-&-play, but more a virtual hardware. I can install it using the Device-Manager --> Add legacy hardware, but I want to install it programmatically, eg. the use of the function SetupCopyOEMInf for plug-&-play devices. can anybody help me with this? Thanks in advance KW Is it a root enumerated device? If so, devcon is a good start (source and binaries in the WDK), the "install" switch will create a new root enumerated device and register your INF: devcon install myinf.inf ROOT\MadeUpHardwareId -scot...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard
I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5 and something is amiss. Three (probably related) symptoms I observed: 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt: "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library." 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's website. (even o...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

how do i number gift certificates?
I read the help topics on this subject and it helped a little. Mine is still only printing the number 1 on each ticket. I have made one ticket and set the page setup to 4 per page. What else could be happening to make this not work? Do you have one ticket on your screen? Are you printing the tickets or only viewing print preview? Print preview will show all tickets the same, this is a bug. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lhobbs06" <Lhobbs06@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0CAAC7C...

Starting IE 6 prompts for publisher 2003 install
Whenever I start IE 6 I get prompted to configure and then install Microsoft Publisher 2003. It fails because the install cd is not available. Is there a way to stop IE from prompting for this while I figure this out, short of uninstalling publisher. I've tried 1- repairing the publisher install (fails because I don't have the cd) 2- making the ie default editor notepad 3- reseting IE to its defaults 4- using regmon to see if there is a key I can alter (results are overwhelming) Any ideas on how to sever this connection between the 2 apps IE 6 and publisher 2003? ...

How to check programmatically if Excel is installed?
Hello, What will be the best way to check if Excel is installed and what is the name of executable? Is it always excel.exe? I think some older version had msexcel.exe, but I can be mistaken. Your thoughts please, Claire Claire By "programmatically" I take it that you mean VBA in Excel. To run any VBA macro in Excel you must first have to have Excel installed. Or did I miss something? HTH Otto "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote in message news:#5oGjlPpKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > What will be the best way to check i...

Performance Updates
I need to get our remote users the ability to use CRM Sales for Outlook from a vpn connection. I received some advice on this regarding performance updates for outlook clients. How do I do this? Please advise here is the link you need http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=133a85d0-e3e3-4356-908d-9fb6e4fa3501&DisplayLang=en however you should also make sure the users install the outlook client while connected to your corporate lan and then do their initial go offline there as well. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Dave"...

MS Office 2003 Installation
My friend just purchased a pc (Win XP SP2, 512 Ram 80 GB HD) from a local computer shop. It was pre-installed with Office 2002 which is not a legal copy. To protect himself from any legal action, he has decided to purchase legal copy of MS Office 2003. Now should he un-installed the current Office 2002 first before new installation or he can just install Office 2003 over the present ones. Thanks. -- taych ------------------------------------------------------------------------ taych's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7096 View this thread: h...

How to Calculate the Date and The Number
Guys, Please help me on how to do the below calculations. Date (YYDDMM) 080131 = it goes like this 8+1+3+1 = 13 is the answer Text 1000888 = it goes like this 1+8+8+8= 25 is the answer Thanks This function will do what you seek: Private Function GetSumOfDigits(varData As Variant) As Long Dim lngPos As Long, lngSum As Long lngSum = 0 If IsNull(varData) = False Then For lngPos = 1 To Len(varData) lngSum = lngSum + Val(Mid(varData, lngPos, 1)) Next lngPos End If GetSumOfDigits = lngSum End Function -- Ken Snell <M...