HR Requisitions access

I am unable to give access applicant requisitions for the company, division,
position and department fields.  This same user is able to enter these fields
on the employee maintenance card.  I have tried everything I can think of in
the security setup but can't get past this.  We don't want this person to see
any actual payroll information (wages, etc).

Thank you for any help with this.

Tracey D

Outlook blocked access...
Hi, does anyone know how can I make Outlook not to block certain extensions (for example, .exe)? Thanks, JK I have found the answer. I just download a software from http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm, called Attachment Options. Thanks anyway, JK >-----Original Message----- >Hi, does anyone know how can I make Outlook not to block >certain extensions (for example, .exe)? > >Thanks, > >JK >. > ...

PST file can not be accessed
1) Running Outlook 2000 on standalone PC 2) I cannot receive or send email, add or delete contacts or tasks, etc. 3) Current contacts, emails, tasks, etc. can be accessesd and opened, but no new info can be added or old info deleted. 4) Error message appears that says "access is denied" for the Outlook PST file when accessing any of these folders. 5) Cannot copy the Outlook PST file with normal MS utility. 6) Ran Scanpst tool, got message "minor problems - repair optional. Decided to run it anyway, and it stopped with message "error has occurred which caused the repa...

Device hangs when accessing San Disk U3 USB device
Hello, We have two platforms both running CE 6.0 with QFEs up to 8/31/09. One is an ARM based and one is an x86 based (ICOP board). When we plug in and access this Sand Disk device that has this U3 feature (it runs some stuff when plugged in to a desktop and mounts CD ROM emulation or somthing) it will work just fine on the ARM based device. On the x86 though the process who acessed the device will hang until you unplug it. The device seems to mount, the folder for the device is visible. But as soon as you ask for the file listing it will hang until unplugged. Any advice is h...

OT
Is the Microsoft Exchange website down, by chance? When trying to access the ExBPA Page or the Exchange 2003 SP1 page, or the /exchange/library page, I recieve a Page not found error (Can't post it due to copyright). http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/ExBPA/default.asp http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/library Error page that launches: http://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?404;http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/404.mspx When I try to access the main Exchange page, it now comes up with a 403 Forbidden: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange -- Bob Christ...

The Future of Access?
Please enlighten me. I am normally not a person to put much stock in rumors, but this one has me a little concerned. Is there anyone out there who has heard that within the not too distant future MS plans to dump Access from newer Office packages? I understand that the reasoning behind this is the arguement that Excel will be able to do everything Access does. Yes, you can do many things in Excel that Access can, but not everything and not as pretty or as functional without a lot more work. I hope that this is not true! I have so much work wrapped up in Access that it would be nearly a ...

Converting Access 2000 back to Access 97
Hi Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them to someone who runs 2000 and I dont have access to the help guide on 2000. Thanks Edgar If I remember correctly, Access 2000 has a Tools | Database ... | Convert | Convert to previous version feature. -- Good luck Jeff Boyce <Access MVP> "Edgar Thoemmes" <EdgarThoemmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC2369C1-9310-4929-8CF0-90A137FC0A8B@microsoft.com... > Hi > > Could someone give me some instructions on the above as I need to send them > to someone who run...

Exchange 2K Web Access
Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? Thank You, CHris Chris wrote: > Does Exchange 2k have the ability to allow internet web mail login to a > mail.domain.com or is 3rd party software needed? > Thank You, > CHris Exchange 2000 has OWA functionality built-in which lets You access your mailbox using HTTP -- Tomasz Onyszko [MVP] http://www.w2k.pl Thank You. Is there a wizard to setup this feature or can you direct me? Thank You, Chris "Tomasz Onyszko [MVP]" wrote: > Chris w...

Running Access 2003 db in 2007, and a few forms don't work
I have a database that's been updated from at least Access 97 (maybe Access 2, I can't remember anymore) and has been running fine in Access 2003 for years. My client upgraded to Vista with Office 2007. Almost everything in the database works fine, except 3 forms. Each of these forms has a tab control. Two of the forms have subforms on some of the tabs, one doesn't. When I try to open the forms in Access 2007 running on Vista in Virtual PC, I get the error "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again."...

Users can't access CRM via a VPN connection
Hi -- we're trying to set it up so our remote users can VPN into the office and use CRM via their Outlook client. We have CRM 3.0 and we're using a Check Point firewall. The CRM Outlook client works great when they're in the office but when they try during a VPN session they get the infamous error: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailabe..." Outlook connects to the Exchange server as it should -- but for some reason CRM won't work. I've already looked through the KB article 910090 and none of tha...

create a csv file type format for a centrally access address book
Hello, We have Outlook 2003 clients on a LAN with a Small Business Server 2003 Standard editon box. We require a single fax document sent to new or existing clients with using our shared fax service from the SBS. Is there a way to create a .CSV file type format in Microsoft Excel for our new client database and import this information into Exchange as a seperate address book for fax use? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Joe See my response to your post in the contacts newsgroup.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart...

Access 2000:Print settings keep changing
I have created reports and saved the margins and column settings. But, I always get a call from co-workers stating these settings are messed up. These settings will be great for a number of days, and then they get changed. I have often wondered if one of the users is doing an "oops" and resetting those certain reports back to default, or is there a bug that might be causing this? This is a small office and I really don't think this is a malicious event. On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:44:01 -0700, ctuck61 wrote: > I have created reports and saved the margins and column setti...

Access Denied error while edit some of the GPOs in Windows 2003 AD
Hi We are unable to edit some of the GPOs (Default Domain Policy, etc) and getting Access Denied error. We checked the permission of SYSVOL folder and found Administrators (Domain), System and Authenticated Users have full control share permissions. Full access has been provided to Administrators, creator owner & System and read & execute permission has been provided to Authenticated users in Security tab. Can anyone help me to resolve the issue and also any doc is available to check the correct permissions with SYSVOL. Thanks in advance for help Regards Lal -...

Accessing Uploads via Cable modem instead of Telephone ISP
I recently changed ISP providers from AOL (telephone) to a broadband cable provider but can't seem to find the way to get money 2002 to recognize this change. Has anyone run into this before? Do you have any suggestions how to switch from AOl to cable modem ISP. MATT What uploads are you trying to access? Money should use any available internet connection unless your bank's online banking requires a dialup connection. You might also review your connection settings in Internet Explorer to confirm that you don't have "always dial my default connection" checked. --...

Access 2007 Report Question
We have an a main equipment table that shows multiple pieces if equipment and current location. Is there an easy way to create a summary report which shows the current total for a specific item at a specific location? If you set up a grouping report. It may be necessary to create a grouping/totals query first on the table and use that query to create your report. The report wizard should give you a way to summarize the information with a count. "Rex Mundi" <jimb424@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5b1f06b3-dec5-4bb6-a539-59886fc7f140@v29g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window
I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to Access 2000. When trying to open the 2000 file on a machine with Access 2000, I get the error message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window. Please upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer" I have upgraded internet explorer & I still get the same message. Any suggestions? "Joanna" <joanna@dpd.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:021f01c3926e$084dcc40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to > Access 2000. When trying t...

Access & XML
Anyone know of a decent Training Site for using XML w/ Access? A Client is willing (pay the cost) to send me to XML Training. I would be using SQL Server & Cognos (perhaps Oracle) XML Tables into Access. Then automating Reports to Excel. TIA - Bob ...

SOAP in Access
Hi all, I am very new to SOAP, so hope someone can help me. I am trying to do an internet search in Access. Here is what I have been trying for code: Dim objSoapClient As SoapClient30 Dim strSearch As String Const YahooAPI As String = "http://api.search.yahoo.com/ WebSearchService/V1/webSearch?query=" Const YahooKey As String = "&appid=MyID" If IsNull(txtSearch.Value) Then MsgBox "Nothing to search for.", vbInformation, "Nothing entered" Exit Sub End If Let strSearch = YahooAPI & Replace(txtSearch.V...

Can't access
I just bought Windows XP and installed MS OFFICE Student Edition 2003. It doesn't have MS Publisher as part of the program. I really don't need Publisher anymore as I have several other programs that do the same for me, but I had Publisher 98 installed before and I have many files that are saved in Publisher. In spite of having reinstalled my Publisher 98, I can't open any of my files. How can I access my files so that I can save them in another program without having to buy a new version of Publisher I have Corel Word Perfect Office 11 -- Corel Draw 9 & Essentials -- Photo E...

Access 2003 - Documenter
Odd Problem as arisen Access 2003 - Documenter was working, now for some reason it does not show any data when run, I've tried 3 different Access databases. Funny thing is, it WAS working last week. I've checked the options, and they are all set to bring out all data for the table or query that I chose to document. Is the Documenter gone for the weekend? LOL. -- Kindly, JH Hi JH, When you say "it does not show any data when run", are you indicating that it does not show any of your objects (tables, queries, forms, reports, etc.) when run, or are you saying tha...

Access Operations when sitting Idle
Hello Folks, Is there anyway that if no activity has happend (sitting idle) for a period of time that Access would could automatically close or invoke an event? Thank you in advance, Michael Kintner yes, there is sample download, and I have successfully used it in several applications to kick people out after 1 hour of no activity. a2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;210297 -- Albert D. Kallal (MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada kallal@msn.com http://www.attcanada.net/~kallal.msn Albert D. Kallal wrote: > yes, there is sample download, and I have su...

How to Switch off no access symbol on junk mail filter,
I use outlook and seem to have switched off the junk mail filter. it displays a no-access sign over the filter and I can find no way of getting in to it even in tools. Junk mail goes into this folder and immediatley dissapears. Any ideas? What type of email account? Do you have any other spam filters installed, such as included with your antivirus software? The junk folder's icon has the No symbol on it. The screenshot at http://xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=124 has the junk folder in view - if that is the icon you see, its correct. -- Di...

"tasks" tab in Project Web Access
Hello, I use MS Project Server 2003. When I assign task to some resource (user), and then I log in as this user to Project Web Access, and I go to the "tasks" tab - I can't see that tasks in tasks list. The list is empty. However, I can do (still in Project Web Access) "actions -> assign me to a new task". And then, when I assign a user to a new task in this way, this task is visible in tasks list. Why can't I normally see user's tasks in "tasks" tab in Project Web Access? Hi, You did not mention if you published the tasks after as...

Access File MDB to EXE
Hello, i have a mdb file and i like run this file like a executable file (EXE). This is possible? Thanks HF (Newsgroups trimmed. Please restrict to a max of 3 relevant newsgroups.) No. An Access database ALWAYS needs MSAccess.exe to run it. This can be either the full-version of Access or the run-time version which can be distributed royalty-free with your Access database if you have the license for the Microsoft Office Developer edition (varying names depending on Access versions). -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "H´┐Żlder Fernandes" <hf@netvisao.pt> wrote in message...

Converting Access 2000 to 97
I'm trying to convert an Access 2000 file into 97 and keep getting an invalid field type error. This is probably a rookie error, but I've looked to a couple of other resources and can't find the answer. Any hints as to where the error is at? Thanks, ew Do you have any Decimal fields in your database? That data type didn't exist in Access 97. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:003201c48acf$73f33ac0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying...