How void receipt/shipment with wrong Item account codes

Series : Purchase Order Processing

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/135/20100312185625.png

No sure by create a Purchase Return can help =96 my concern is wrong
account codes & the standard cost.

Under Item maintenance, the item (V0910) has already with wrong
account codes and wrong standard cost,
Has been wrong even BEFOFE the creation of the receipt shipment.

So, the Shipment transaction is now with the wrong accounts.

I am wondering if by doing a purchase return (Transaction > Purchasing
> Return Transaction Entry) can help to reversing all the wrong
entries for the shipment.

And then re-do the Shipment ? or how should I go about rectify this
issue. Many thanks in advice.
0
wkz0

You cannot void a receipt.  You must perform a return and the re-
receive the items.  Also, performing a return does not update the 'Qty
Shipped' or 'Qty to be Shipped' on the PO.  If all quantities of the
item have been received prior to performing the return, you will have
to modify the PO to allow for re-receipt to take place.

Make sure you update the standard cost and account codes before you re-
receive the items.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
3/12/2010 1:45:23 PM
On Mar 12, 9:45=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP"
<fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote:
> You cannot void a receipt. =A0You must perform a return and the re-
> receive the items. =A0Also, performing a return does not update the 'Qty
> Shipped' or 'Qty to be Shipped' on the PO. =A0If all quantities of the
> item have been received prior to performing the return, you will have
> to modify the PO to allow for re-receipt to take place.
>
> Make sure you update the standard cost and account codes before you re-
> receive the items.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamicswww.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today atwww.gp2themax.blogspot.com

Many thanks to Frank Hamelly.
Yes, all the items are already received and the PO cannot be called up
to modify, and what should I do.
Please advise me the steps also, many thanks in advance.
0
wkz0
3/12/2010 2:40:14 PM
You can do a receiving transaction without a PO if your Purchase Order
Processing setup is set to allow you to do so.  To do a receiving
transaction without PO, open the Receivings Transaction Entry window,
enter the information but leave the PO field blank.  You might want to
make a note in the Receipt Number note field indicating the original
PO this receipt applies to.

If you're not able to enter a receipt without PO, you can change this
setting in Setup>Purchase Order Processing.  Mark the 'Allow Receiving
Without a Purchase Order' checkbox in the Options window.

As a last resort, you can always enter a new PO and receive against
it.  You can override the default PO number and make it something like
'ORD/00063-1'.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
3/12/2010 2:55:34 PM
On Mar 12, 10:55=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP"
<fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote:
> You can do a receiving transaction without a PO if your Purchase Order
> Processing setup is set to allow you to do so. =A0To do a receiving
> transaction without PO, open the Receivings Transaction Entry window,
> enter the information but leave the PO field blank. =A0You might want to
> make a note in the Receipt Number note field indicating the original
> PO this receipt applies to.
>
> If you're not able to enter a receipt without PO, you can change this
> setting in Setup>Purchase Order Processing. =A0Mark the 'Allow Receiving
> Without a Purchase Order' checkbox in the Options window.
>
> As a last resort, you can always enter a new PO and receive against
> it. =A0You can override the default PO number and make it something like
> 'ORD/00063-1'.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamicswww.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today atwww.gp2themax.blogspot.com

Appreciate Frank Hamelly advices, thank you so much.
0
wkz0
3/12/2010 3:09:26 PM
On Mar 12, 10:55=A0pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP"
<fhame...@eastcoast-dynamics.com> wrote:
> You can do a receiving transaction without a PO if your Purchase Order
> Processing setup is set to allow you to do so. =A0To do a receiving
> transaction without PO, open the Receivings Transaction Entry window,
> enter the information but leave the PO field blank. =A0You might want to
> make a note in the Receipt Number note field indicating the original
> PO this receipt applies to.
>
> If you're not able to enter a receipt without PO, you can change this
> setting in Setup>Purchase Order Processing. =A0Mark the 'Allow Receiving
> Without a Purchase Order' checkbox in the Options window.
>
> As a last resort, you can always enter a new PO and receive against
> it. =A0You can override the default PO number and make it something like
> 'ORD/00063-1'.
>
> Frank Hamelly
> MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
> East Coast Dynamicswww.eastcoast-dynamics.com
>
> get your GPtip42today atwww.gp2themax.blogspot.com

When doing the Returns Transaction Entry, the figures for each item
lines are different than the last Receipts/Shipment of those items, I
suspect it is due to the exchange rates, but the Accounts Distribution
are the reversed entries --- that is fine.
But my worry is that the Unit Cost is different, will there be any
implication to further unforeseen issue or affects to GL ?
Please advise and many thanks in advanced.
0
wkz0
3/15/2010 8:12:18 AM
You can override the unit cost and make it whatever value you want.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank

Editing routing and BOM, All Items
When you try to edit a BOM and pick up one of the item number on manufacturing mudule, the list shows all items insted they that already have their BOM or Routing done. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Communi...

Dicount Code in Receipt Template
When I post a discounted transaction, it shows the discount code below item description on receipt. I don't want discount code to be printed on my RMS receipt when a discounted transaction is posted. I have already hooked a COM add-in to curtail Entry.Description besides checking the XML receipt file. but I am still not able to print item description only. Any help please? why no one replies to my question. If there is something wrong with the sense of my question, do let me know atleast. so that I could try to explain it more. "ASAD" wrote: > When I post a discounted...

Deleted Items in Inbox
How can I get Outlook to stop showing deleted items in the Inbox? What version of Outlook are you doing? Are you using IMAP and if so have you purged your deleted items yet? -- -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "Jeffery Rehm" <jr@jrehmconsulting.net> wrote in message news:#nW#$NAoIHA.3976@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How can I get Outlook to stop showing deleted items in the Inbox? > IMAP? Use a view that hides deleted items and purge the folder occasionally -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Your...

investment importing & "recover account"
Hello. I'm using 2006 and am unable to directly connect to Principal Financial Group to directly download my account transactions. I've been downloading my transactions in a .qif file and am trying to use the recommended "recover account" approach to import the investment transactions. When Money opens the file, however, my Principal account, which is in my money file with transactions, is not listed. The only account listed as available to import the transactions is one other investment account that is a single stock - held by itself. Why would my account not be list...

What OL2003 does after you clear many messages from Deleted Items
I find this annoying and am wondering if anyone else has noticed it. I use OL2003 with a PST (no Exchange) on XPSP2. My PST is usually not much over 100MB. When going into Deleted Items and clearing out, I don't know, on the order of at least 500 or 1000 messages, I notice a sudden amount of disk activity. I've used Sysinternal's Filemon to find that it's Outlook, presumably doing some kind of subtle behind-the-scenes compaction. (Note that I have AutoArchive disabled, so it's not that.) Problem is that this stealth compaction goes on for 10, 15, 20 minutes or more,...

Pivot Table Code
I have a pivot table that help me analyze a big amount of data. I examine several scenarios that depends on the selections that I make in the page fields. I have to select different combinations in the page fields to produce the scenarios that I want. I want to simplify the process for other users. I want to use a combo box that commands the page fields combinations that I desire. The combo box should have a list of scenarios = scenario 1, scenario 2, etc. The selection will change more than one page field in order to provide the needed information. How can I do this? I tho...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

debugger shows wrong line number
I am experiencing a rather strange behavior -- when I step through my program, the debugger shows the debugging cursor at the wrong line. Also, when I set a breakpoint at any line, the debugger stops at a different line (sometimes the next line or the one after). Any idea why I might be seeing this problem. I am using Visual Studio .NET 2003 >I am experiencing a rather strange behavior -- when I step through my >program, the debugger shows the debugging cursor at the wrong line. > >Also, when I set a breakpoint at any line, the debugger stops at a different >line (someti...

Void Historical payable transactions
The screen I am in is the "void historical payable transactions." We have an entry that is dated for 2/5/2031 that won't void because of the date. How do I void this entry? Thanks Randall Farris In your instructions you listed utilities|purchasing|remove history. Which history do you mean. Transaction history, period history, journal history, purchasing history. Thanks Randall Farris rwfarris@gci.net "Andrianne" <andrianne.saldana@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uM2vF6DyFHA.1856@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Is it a payment that you want to void...

Update Inventory Items
Hi, Appreciate any help. I am looking at importing new values into the following fields below using IM - GP Adapter (Inventory Item) but not sure if my source fiile is actually correct. I'm unsure if these are all the fields I shud have. My source file has the following fields. I am looking to update exiting item records in GP and update the last 5 fields. Is this possible in IM? I am able to update this manually in GP. Item Number Item Description Current Cost - Item Master List Price - Item Master Standard cost - Item Master Primary Vendor - Item Qty Site window...

EmigrantDirect, wrong web address for online services (Money 2003)
Version: Money 2003 (I know, I know, I'll upgrade if I can ever get it to work correctly...) I used to be able to receive transactions from EmigrantDirect. However, as of last year, they changed their web address. The web address stored by Money is (https://cib-maintpg.ibanking-services.com/special/b321_maint.htm), which is no longer valid. Is there a way I can manually change the address, or guide Money to the right address? I have tried to go in through the browser in Money to download statements directly, but I can't seem to update the address so that automatic downloads...

Barcodes Code
I am trying to print a barcode in the 128 code. Though it seems the public domain/GPL ones of the truetype do not print a scanable barcode. Is there any suggestions... Or if anyone can point me into the right direction on how to do this or point me in direction of one that will work with access or excel 2000 or 2003. Much appreciated. Or help me figure out WHY it isnt producing a readable one in 128.. Hi Lester, Perhaps the problem is with the resolution on your printer. Try printing the barcode larger. Perhaps even turn off print to fit under print, page setup. --- HTH, David McRi...

how to detect item selected from List Control?
Hi I'm trying to detect the index of the item selected from a list control when a user hits the up or down arrows from the keyboard. So I made a call to list.GetSelectionMark() in the List control's event LVN_KEYDOWN, however this always results in the call to GetSelectionMark returning the index of the item selected before the arrow key was hit any ideas of how to get the item selected after the arrow key has been hit, or a better event to detect a change in item selected? Thanks ahead of time. How about LVN_ITEMCHANGED notification message? Ali R. "Mark" <anonymou...

code for moving to new record in datasheet view
Access 2003 What's the vba code for moving to a new record when in datsheet view. Here's what I've tried but is errors saying the subform is not opened and yet this code is on an event in the subform: If cmbInvLU <> 289 Then DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "Forms!frmWOTRH![frmWOTRL subform].Form", acNewRec Thanks for your help. SAC, Since your already in the subform... try... DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html &quo...

Are CWinApp::ExitInstance() User Defined Return Codes Permitted?
When it is desireable to return a user defined exit code to the system, is it permissible to override CWinApp::ExitInstance() function and return a user defined code, instead of the parent class method return code, or is there some other preferred method? -- ====================================================================== ====================================================================== == == Bob Riedel == Beckman Coulter, Incorporated == PO Box 8000 W-529 == 200 S Kraemer Blvd == Brea CA 92822-8000 == == Email 1: rariedel@beckman.com == Email 2: rariedel@mindspring.com == == == ...

don't want windows live mail as my default email account
I don't want windows live mail as my default email account. I wen to Set Default Programs. I'm unable to uncheck marks on MAIL-TO PROTOCOL and EMAIL-LINK START MENU LINK. Please advise how can I fix that through REGEDIT. Thanks. Anita -- akaits Hello Akaits, If you are wanting to set "Windows Mail" back as your default program, then this should be able to help you to. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83185-windows-mail-default-associations.html Hope this helps, Shawn akaits;1222059 Wrote: > I don't want windows live mail as my default...

some replies come from default account
Some email replies from me come from the address to which the email was sent and others come from my default address. For example if I reply to a message that came to kozmo@thisaddress.com, the reply comes from kozmo@defaultaddress.com. I can change it manually for each reply but that's a pain and if I forget to it's a problem. Not all messages behave this way. Some come from the correct "reply from" address. I can't figure out what the difference is for those that come from the correct address. I'm using OL2000 on XP, Internet Mail Only. Any ideas what'...

creating contacts from Account
>From within an account, if I try to create a new contact by clicking on the Contact button>new contact, populate the required fields, in this case just the last name seems required (in Red), the first name recommended (in Blue), and hit save, I get the following: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it ori...

restore accounts
A user accidently deleted some accounts. What's the easiest way to get them back? I have the backup of all the databases. Please indicate. Thanks. Hello Jun, there is no way to restore the accounts except restoring a backup of your crm-database. For the future you should forbid deleting in the security role...then the users only can deactivate the accounts (thats the recommended way, instead of delete). Mario > A user accidently deleted some accounts. What's the easiest way to get > them back? I have the backup of all the databases. Please indicate. > Thanks. > ...

The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks!
The code below worked for a few days and just totally stopped working. What can I do to make sure it continues to work? Thanks! ----- Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim C As Range, D As Range Set D = Intersect(Range("A:A"), Target) If D Is Nothing Then Exit Sub For Each C In D On Error Resume Next Target.Offset(0, 6).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column E Target.Offset(0, 7).FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]&RC[-5]" ' - For Column F Target.Offset(0, 9).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(RC7,I.O.! R2C1:R5...

adding supplier to items in PO
When you manually add items to a PO and then select the supplier in the header the items should be added to the items that the supplier carries if they aren't already. This would save loads of time adding suppliers to items. Craig ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Using two MS Money accounts on one PC.
I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program without running into problems? TIA. File - Open/New create two files with different names. Mr. Mrs. >-----Original Message----- >I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up >accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program >without running into problems? TIA. >. > Besides the information already posted, use shortcuts to the two different files to start the application as starting Mone...

Code a Backup database
Is it possible to code a button command subject to a true /false box to Backup the database to say C:/temp -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home Edition Ver 5.1 Service Pack 3 Firstly, it would be best to split the database into front and back ends so that you are only backing up the data each time. The database splitter wizard can do this for you. Spitting a database has many other advantages too. You can then back up the back end file to any location you like using the following procedure, passing the full path to the...

Statement Format
Does anyone have or know of where to find a statement template that only has the transaction number and amout. Customer does not want all the item detail that has already been printed on the invoice. How can you modify the statement? Could not find anything for statements at Customersource. Thanks. -- SG Where do you get these reciept formats from? David "Rob" <roba@2020its..nospam..com> wrote in message news:eNa9RVWUGHA.4764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Try the attached file. > > You must use a NewsReader, such as OutlookExpress, in order to see the > at...

Not able to open imported accounts 4.0
We have a situation where we've updated a client from 3.0 to CRM 4.0 and have an import that brings in new Accounts. Unfortunately, we can open accounts that don't have a parent account but can't open the parent account itself. In essence, we have two accounts with another one the parent - we can open ones that show the parent, but again, we get an error - see yor administrator. Is there a rights issue or relational setup we're missing. ...