how to use temporary tables in dex

Hi

Somebody has one example of how to use temporary tables in dex

Cesar
0
Cesar (59)

Hi Cesar. Define temp tables just as you would define a SQL table in Dex -
but with physical name as "temp" without the quotation. I recommend using
database type ctree for performance as it would just create a temp file in
your directory. From there on, just use the temp table as you would with
normal dex table but remember that once you are done with your routine, your
temp table will be deleted automatically. Use temp table as a temporary
repository for your calculations, reports, etc.

---Darryl Bajaro

"Cesar" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Somebody has one example of how to use temporary tables in dex
>
> Cesar
0
dbajaro (68)

how to use temporary tables in dex
Hi Somebody has one example of how to use temporary tables in dex Cesar Hi Cesar. Define temp tables just as you would define a SQL table in Dex - but with physical name as "temp" without the quotation. I recommend using database type ctree for performance as it would just create a temp file in your directory. From there on, just use the temp table as you would with normal dex table but remember that once you are done with your routine, your temp table will be deleted automatically. Use temp table as a temporary repository for your calculations, reports, etc. ---Darryl Baj...

Question 2:Color cell using conditional formatting
Hi, Using conditional formatting to change color of cell if something is entered works! (thanks Anonnymous!) Now, how woudl I go about to change the color to red if data entered starts with a 1, and change to yellow if if it starts with a letter. I have seen that you can add a 2nd condition in conditional formatting, but I cannot find what formula to use. Or should I use cell value is? Thanks again!! For the 1st condition, use: =LEFT(A1)*1=1 For the 2nd: =OR(AND(CODE(LEFT(A1))>=65,CODE(LEFT(A1))<=90),AND(CODE (LEFT(A1))>=97,CODE(LEFT(A1))<=122)) HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

Table requires Custom Linking to Excel
I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns. Each row represents one order for a meal package. One of the columns indicates one of three baked pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin). Another column indicates whether or not the order has been paid or unpaid. Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into an Excel worksheet? Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as money due? Thanks...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Microsoft Icons for Web Use
I have several Office documents I'm linking to on my web site and I'm looking for where I can download the icons for the Office applications. Anyone? Specifically, I need an icon for MS Word and MS Excel. It was much easier to find the Acrobat icon for use. :( Thump If you have Office you already have access to the icons. Select one of the applications in the MS Office folder then Command+I for Get Info. Click the icon in the Get Info window & Command+C to copy it, Paste to wherever. NOTE: As an FYI, as with all corporate logos & trademarks there are copyright restrictio...

pivot tables #9
i posted this on the general forum but i thought maybe someone here can help me. I have a table that has four regions and total sales amount for each reason by week. my pivot table lists all those and totals it per region per month. i want to add in the pivot table a percentage of the regions sales for that one week over the total sales for all four regions. is there a way i can add that to the table? i.e. the table is currently like this: Week 1 East 500 Midwest 487 South 529 West 492 Total 2008 i want to add the percentages like this: Week 1 East ...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed
I created a 'test' company on V10, restored the backup from our real company into this test company. I have inactivated all the employees in the test company. Unless I enter Dynamics as sa, I get the following message: A get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed accessing SQL Data. Under the more info button: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'zDP_UPR41600F_1',database 'DYNAMICS', schemo 'dbo'. I have deleted the UPR41600 table and recreated it but I still get the...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Pivot table returns `
I have data from an SQL WBC-A. When I pivot this data it returns ` (The character below the tilde) Any other data returns the correct pivot. E.g. WBC-X returns WBC-X ...

Make your site eazy to use.
A year or two ago I use to be able to get on CustomerSource very eazily and get information and articles I needed. Now it took me 15 minutes just to sign on. Then I could not find an article about opening a new year or closing 2005. How simple should something that basic be? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreade...

To auto-fill using names no longer in address
Is there a way to remove the names for the auto fill feature that are no longer in the address book or contact list? If they are selected the properties for the entry states name is no longer valid Address Book entry. Thanks. State your Outlook version and what you mean by "autofill." Outlook has two different functions this could be: autoresolution or autocompletion. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ernie C" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04e601c4913a$f07a15c0$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to remove the names for the au...

Read XML into Dataset and load SQL server table from Dataset
Hello all, I am working on a project with the following characteristics: 1. Load data from a SQL server table to an xml file 2. Read the xml file into a dataset. 3. Load data from the dataset into another SQL server table. I was able to accomplish the first objective. I used the following code to read the generated xml file into a dataset. Dim strXml As String = "C:\Customers.xml" Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(strXml) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet ds.ReadXml(sr, XmlReadMode.IgnoreSchema) How can I traverse in the dataset and post each row to my desired table on ...

Use this internet package
--izytvhgodf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zqzdzynieuqqee"; type="multipart/alternative" --zqzdzynieuqqee Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="fezlepmdc" --fezlepmdc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerab...

DailySales Table
Hi There, Does anyone know what Type & TypeID columns referring to in DailySales table in HQ ? I have customization guide but there is no details about that columns. Thanks, Arthur Hi Arthur - my understanding of the Daily Sales table is that it gets populated by some internal function that groups based on supplier, cashier, etc. Here are some old notes I found on what the Daily Sales Type refer to: 1: Supplier 2: Category 3: Department 4: Register 5: Cashier 6: Sales Rep -- the TypeID may refer to the batch that's feeding the info (ie batch.batchnumber ...

Tables and banding color in background
I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur. This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had success with this functionality? Thanks in advance for your help. Color banding can be applied as part of a table style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@di...

Using IF for conditional formatting?
Need help with displaying blank cells when formulas are inside. The formulas would display a value if the contents of a source cell is filled in. I'm attempting to use in the formula cells(like B2): IF(A2="","",A2*5) If A2 is null, then display blank in B2, else calculate A2 * 5. Is this the best approach to keeping formula cells clear until data is entered? Thanks!!!! Yes -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd0201c4...

Error
I have two investment accounts. Both have the same stock. When I enter the symbol in the second account, I get an Error Message "Symbol in Use." Anyone know why this occurs and how two investment accounts can hold the same stock. When asked for the symbol, don't type it in but use the drop down menu. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d701c39540$e8...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Using XmlRootAttribute for deserialization
I've seen this come up before, but in my case, things are a little more complex, and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to set an element name that works. I have a configuration file that is my serialized object (I'm using a customer deserializer to add some more XAML-like capabilities): <AppConfigObject> <RuntimeType:Kernel xmlns:RuntimeType="MyNamespace.DefaultKernel, Kernel"/> </AppConfigObject> public class AppConfigObject { [XmlElement] public Kernel {...} } Problem I have is deserializing the child node <Kernel> because it al...