HOW TO UNAPPLY A/P DOCS

I ran some credits through from a vendor and applied them to the original
a/p invoice in apply docs window.

Then when I ran an aged trial balance, I notice one was incorrectly applied
to a doc.  If I go back to that same window, I cannot unapply.  Actually,
nothing shows up for that vendor.

In help, it says go to Transactions- Payables- Apply to and we do not have
that exact description but later in Help it mentions the Apply payables
transaction window and that is where we are at.

The weird thing is that the original doc isn't even fully applied so why
wouldn't is continue to show up?   I need to unapply this doc, so what do I
do?

0
carmie1 (60)

In AP there is no unapply.  As soon as something is fully applied, it goes
to history and that's that.  You can void it and re-enter it, which is about
the only way to get to the same end result as the 'unapply'.

You mentioned that something was partially applied...not sure is that is
what you would want to void, if so, the system will not let you void a
partially applied transaction.  You may need to enter a dummy transaction to
fully apply yours, then void both of them.

Sorry it's so complicated.  :-(

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Carmie" <carmie@customwelding.com> wrote in message
>I ran some credits through from a vendor and applied them to the original
> a/p invoice in apply docs window.
>
> Then when I ran an aged trial balance, I notice one was incorrectly
> applied
> to a doc.  If I go back to that same window, I cannot unapply.  Actually,
> nothing shows up for that vendor.
>
> In help, it says go to Transactions- Payables- Apply to and we do not have
> that exact description but later in Help it mentions the Apply payables
> transaction window and that is where we are at.
>
> The weird thing is that the original doc isn't even fully applied so why
> wouldn't is continue to show up?   I need to unapply this doc, so what do
> do?

0
victoria (3340)
3/16/2007 4:45:00 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_56863917

Carmie,

Thanks for posting to Newsgroups!

Victoria is absolutely correct (Thank you, Victoria!) - there is no
"unapply" in Payables Management. Once document is fully applied it will be
moved to History. Historical documents will not be available in Apply
Payables Documents window. So the only way to "unaplly" document will be
voiding it.

For example, you have $100 invoice and had $40 Credit Memo applied to it.
Once applied, Credit Memo will be moved to History, and will no longer be
available in Apply Payables Documents window. Invoice is still in OPEN, and
you can apply another payment or credit document Carmie,

Thanks for posting to Newsgroups!

Victoria is absolutely correct (Thank you, Victoria!) - there is no
"unapply" in Payables Management. Once document is fully applied, it will
be moved to History. Historical documents will not be available in Apply
Payables Documents window. So the only way to "unaplly" document will be
voiding it.

For example, you have $100 invoice and had $40 Credit Memo applied to it.
Once applied, Credit Memo will be moved to History, and will no longer be
available in Apply Payables Documents window. Invoice is still in OPEN, and
you can apply another payment or credit document to the remaining $60.

If Credit Memo was applied in error, you can use Void Historical Payables
Transactions window (Transactions | Purchasing | Void Historical
Transactions) to void Credit Memo. This will return amount of invoice to
original amount and you will also need to re-enter Credit Memo and apply it
appropriately.

If steps above do not describe your situation, please don't hesitate to
post back and we will be more than happy to assist you with resolution.

Have a great day!

Liudmila Tarasiuk
Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
     Let us know what you think by posting
     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
that others
may learn and benefit from this issue.

--------------------
From: "Carmie" <carmie@customwelding.com>
Subject: HOW TO UNAPPLY A/P DOCS
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:02:03 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains

I ran some credits through from a vendor and applied them to the original
a/p invoice in apply docs window.

Then when I ran an aged trial balance, I notice one was incorrectly applied
to a doc.  If I go back to that same window, I cannot unapply.  Actually,
nothing shows up for that vendor.

In help, it says go to Transactions- Payables- Apply to and we do not have
that exact description but later in Help it mentions the Apply payables
transaction window and that is where we are at.

The weird thing is that the original doc isn't even fully applied so why
wouldn't is continue to show up?   I need to unapply this doc, so what do I
do?

------=_NextPart_0001_56863917

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Carmie,
\par
\par Thanks for posting to Newsgroups!
\par
\par Victoria is absolutely correct (Thank you, Victoria!) - there is no "unapply" in Payables Management. Once document is fully applied it will be moved to History. Historical documents will not be available in Apply Payables Documents window. So the only way to "unaplly" document will be voiding it.
\par
\par For example, you have $100 invoice and had $40 Credit Memo applied to it. Once applied, Credit Memo will be moved to History, and will no longer be available in Apply Payables Documents window. Invoice is still in OPEN, and you can apply another payment or credit document Carmie,
\par
\par Thanks for posting to Newsgroups!
\par
\par Victoria is absolutely correct (Thank you, Victoria!) - there is no "unapply" in Payables Management. Once document is fully applied, it will be moved to History. Historical documents will not be available in Apply Payables Documents window. So the only way to "unaplly" document will be voiding it.
\par
\par For example, you have $100 invoice and had $40 Credit Memo applied to it. Once applied, Credit Memo will be moved to History, and will no longer be available in Apply Payables Documents window. Invoice is still in OPEN, and you can apply another payment or credit document to the remaining $60.
\par
\par If Credit Memo was applied in error, you can use Void Historical Payables Transactions window (Transactions | Purchasing | Void Historical Transactions) to void Credit Memo. This will return amount of invoice to original amount and you will also need to re-enter Credit Memo and apply it appropriately.
\par
\par If steps above do not describe your situation, please don't hesitate to post back and we will be more than happy to assist you with resolution.
\par
\par
\par Have a great day!
\par
\par Liudmila Tarasiuk
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par      Let us know what you think by posting
\par      from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par      from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others
\par may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par Reply-To: "Carmie" <carmie@customwelding.com>
\par From: "Carmie" <carmie@customwelding.com>
\par Subject: HOW TO UNAPPLY A/P DOCS
\par Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:02:03 -0500
\par Lines: 16
\par X-Priority: 3
\par X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
\par X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1807
\par X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1896
\par Message-ID: <#LZaxR#ZHHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>
\par Newsgroups: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par NNTP-Posting-Host: 65-126-166-135.stc.clearwire-dns.net 65.126.166.135
\par Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl
\par Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.greatplains:5809
\par X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.greatplains
\par
\par I ran some credits through from a vendor and applied them to the original
\par a/p invoice in apply docs window.
\par
\par Then when I ran an aged trial balance, I notice one was incorrectly applied
\par to a doc.  If I go back to that same window, I cannot unapply.  Actually,
\par nothing shows up for that vendor.
\par
\par In help, it says go to Transactions- Payables- Apply to and we do not have
\par that exact description but later in Help it mentions the Apply payables
\par transaction window and that is where we are at.
\par
\par The weird thing is that the original doc isn't even fully applied so why
\par wouldn't is continue to show up?   I need to unapply this doc, so what do I
\par do?
\par
\par
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_56863917--

0
mila1 (4)
3/19/2007 9:20:56 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_6087532E

Hello,

Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this
topic.
Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.

Have a great week!

Jan Smith

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_6087532E

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hello,
\par
\par Checking in to see if there is anything else we can do for you on this topic.
\par Please post again at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par Jan Smith
\par
\par Microsoft Online Support Engineer
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par ==============================================
\par
\par PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided
\par
\par to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.
\par
\par
\par
\par We also love to hear your product feedback!
\par
\par Let us know what you think by posting
\par
\par     from the web interface: Partner Feedback
\par
\par     from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
\par
\par We look forward to hearing from you!
\par
\par
\par When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
\par
\par so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
\par
\par
\par
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_6087532E--

0
jsmit (219)
3/21/2007 7:58:17 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_9C28C9AD

Hi there

Anything else we can do for you here on this query?

Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!

Have a great week!

Sonia Lemke

Microsoft Online Support Engineer

PLEASE NOTE:  The partner managed newsgroups are provided

to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!

Let us know what you think by posting

    from the web interface: Partner Feedback

    from your newsreader:  microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.

We look forward to hearing from you!

------=_NextPart_0001_9C28C9AD

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi there
\par
\par Anything else we can do for you here on this query?
\par
\par Please post back at your convenience and we will be here for you.
\par Thanks again for using the partner newsgroups!
\par
\par Have a great week!
\par
\par
\par
\par Sonia Lemke
\par
[...]
------=_NextPart_0001_9C28C9AD--

0
sonial (92)

xml doc
I have three image groups. I have to create an XML document that models the image groups.Each grouping should include the name and location of the images within the group. How can I do that? seema wrote: > I have three image groups. I have to create an XML document that models the > image groups.Each grouping should include the name and location of the images > within the group. > > How can I do that? What exactly are you looking for, some XML structure to mark up the information? Or for concrete .NET code to create the XML? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://Jav...

how to insert bar in margins to id. changes made to existing doc.
I just need to know how to insert a vertical bar in the margins to identify a change that has been made to an exisiting document. Thanks You don't mention what version of Word you are using (always useful) but for Word 2003 and prior, Tools, Options, Track Changes, Changed Lines, change to Outside Border. In 2007 look in the Word Options under the Microsoft Office button Hope this helps DeanH "cmoulton" wrote: > I just need to know how to insert a vertical bar in the margins to identify a > change that has been made to an exisiting document. >...

publishing a Publisher doc to my website
I'm trying to post a brochure to my website, but when I do I can only see one page-- I know there is a way to fix that, but I can't remember how. Also when it saves as web page all of the pictures shift-- any suggestions? For best results and proper usage you need to post web publication topics to our webdesign forum. We have 4 forums in Publisher to address it's multi-use functionality. Q 1 - you didn't upload the web publications sub-folder. Common newbie mistake covered on the FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 . How to publish (correctly) inst...

Unable to open .DOC file. FILE DOWNLOAD box appears
Got a new pc a few months back with Vista home premium. Transferred files from old pc, was able to open old documents ok. But now when I try to open any .doc file (including those recently created from email attachments) I get the "file download" box and when I click "open" the box just pops back up again. Can open files created with Works and other programs ok. (Sometimes when I am doing this I get the "Windows Explorer wants to close" message.) I have the disc to upgrade to Windows 7 which I assume will fix the problem. Any suggestions for a quick ...

In PDF format of publisher doc hyperlink feature doesnt work?
Pl help. I have created a publisher document(Publisher 2003). I inserted a hyperlink in this publisher document. Then I converted the .pub file to pdf. But in pdf hyperlink feature doen not work? What should I do? Are you using Acrobat? Do you have the full name of the URL or email address typed? Look in the Advanced menu in Acrobat, Links, Create from URLs in the Document. Or if you haven't the URL typed, Tools, Advanced editing, link tool. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Kalpana" <Kalpana@discu...

Opening Windows Word 2003 docs with Mac Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) We have many computers in the house, including windows XP PC's and Snow Leopard Macs. The macs all run Word for Mac 2008, and the windows PC's run Word 2003. Is there a way to open these documents on the macs so that they will be formatted the same way? Word 2008 should open Word 2003 documents just fine. Is your question a general question, as in "will I be able to do this?", or have you encountered some specific situations in which the formatting of a document is not retained when the document is opened...

Excel charts and Word docs
In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? In Ms Word go to Insert - Object - Create from File and select the xls file that contains your table. "Frustrated" wrote: > In Office 2003, how do I import an excel table into a word doc? Copy the range in Excel, switch to Word, and paste. Word puts the Excel data into a Word table. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Frustrated" <Frustrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90F...

Word doc. list to excell worksheet, how to?
Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a word doc. list into a brand new worksheet. Please help. You may be able to save it as a text file and then import into Excel. It's not clear what you have in your word doc however. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "lulilo" wrote: > Its great to be able to use a chart/worksheet made in excel and transfer it > to a word doc. but what I really need now is a solution to how to transfer a > word doc. list into a brand new work...

Where does Vista hide my docs/settings when taking drive out of computer??
Hi guys, I think Vista does some weird complicated thing with user data - today a tech installed Win 7 on a new hard drive and gave me my old hard drive to transfer stuff across. I've got it plugged in to my USB port. I can find all my old program files, etc, but all of my docs and settings are gone. There is no directory called Users/Jo (which was the address on my old vista machine). Last time I had to reinstall Windows the tech had to install the old drive on a particular machine to get my data off - we thought that was because Vista SP1 crashed and destroyed the mach...

Office 2008 shuts down when I try to convert docx. to doc.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I put together a rather large document (40 pages with four pictures) as a docx. Now I'm trying to save it as a doc., but Word shuts down everytime I try. Is there anything I can do? thanks, chris Hi Chris - First confirm that you're up-to-date on OS X (10.5.4), Office (12.1.2), and that you've repaired disk permissions. Those are the primary causes of problems like this. If that doesn't resolve the issue we'll need more information about the file. It isn't so much the size - actually, 40 pages...

Word doc and footnotes
I posted this on a Word board but it occurred to me that maybe this is a better place to post, so sorry if this is monitored by the same people... I have a Word document in 1 column that has many footnotes. I would like to put the footnotes in 2 columns. I was told that in Word, besides the difficulty, I would still have blank lines where the footnotes in column 2 would have been. Can I transfer my Word document to Publisher and format my footnotes in 2 columns? ...

hyperlink to doc with full path not drive letter
I am trying to enter a hyperlink to a document into a form text box. I need the hyperlink to show the full path and not the drive letter (I:) Not everyone has their drive letters set to the same drives. I found this link in some of the posts but I do not know how to use the information. http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm can some one walk me through how to get this to work for storing the full path to a doc? I copied the code per instructions and called it modGetPath. I am clueless from here... -- deb ...

Can open docs but can't select or modify anything in Word
I can open all my Word docs, but suddenly I can't select or modify anything. When I close Word, it gives me a message "Word has stopped working properly" and then restarts the program. But nothing changes. So I deleted Office and re-installed on my hard drive. Didn't fix. Then a window came up suggesting that I install updates. I ran the Windows updater, which suggested 18 important updates were needed. Started downloading and now a window comes up saying all the updates failed, with the following errors: Code 80070020 "Windows Update encountered an unkno...

6 ppg Word Doc to a Publisher 24 inch Width by 8.5 page
Hello all, I am brand new to Publisher, though I am well-versed in Word, Excel, and Access, so hopefully that will flatten the learning curve. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction on my first project involving this recently neglected app. How do I take a MS Word 6 ppg doc and turn it into a Publisher "Brochure" (?) that is 2 feet width and 8.5 inches length? I messed around with drag-and-drop from Word to Publisher, but the results were a bit too complicated for me to work with. Figuring this problem out should give me a vista to the Publisher-Office interopera...

A/P Batch Totals
We have a customer whose batch totals are incorrect the majority of the time. It's always off by one transaction in the batch. This transaction is not a credit memo and it's always a different vendor. And it's not the first or last document in the batch - it's somewhere in the middle. The batch total that prints at the top of the first page is incorrect and the Document Total at the end of the Edit List is correct. They run Check Links on the Payables Transaction Logical File and that corrects the Batch Total. By the way, they recently had to run Check Links on the...

Word Error
I can't open the document without getting this error to even save as newer version. I've upgraded Word with SP2 - still same results. If it is a .doc (not a docx), use the Recover Text from Any File option. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:160A2351-5646-4488-93DD-D38674DB2688@microsoft.com... > I can't open the document without getting this error to even save as newer > version. > > I've upgraded Word with SP2 - still same results. ...

how do I lock my p.c. when Im not around
Im using Micros. office 2003 and I need to know how to stop people from looking at my info. Depends a little upon your operating system but press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and it should offer you the option to lock the computer. To unlock it you'll simply type your password. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q "shanecb" <shanecb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7454B12E-6A54-4AB4-9F15-CA60F35FEE48@...

Open Word Doc From Excel Macro
I have an Excel Sheet that contains Macros. At the end of one of the Macros, I would like it to open a Word Document. Something like Document.open FileName:="C:\Path\name.doc", except it needs to run from the Excel sheet. Is there a way to do this? One way http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q177760/ Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MATT" wrote: > I have an Excel Sheet that contains Macros. At the end of one of the Macros, > I would like it to open a Word Document. Something like Document.open > FileName:="C:\Path\name.doc", except it needs to run from ...

4 page newspaper ledger 11x14" prints p. 2 & 3 upside down to 1&4
i have just used the default settings for this. Is there settings I need to change? It would be in your print setup. Look for "flip pages up" or something similar. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Jean" <Jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EBBB741-7DBD-4895-B193-BF8C4A3B8B49@microsoft.com... >i have just used the default settings for this. Is there settings I need to > change? > ...

Can I create a publisher doc & put it in the body of an e-mail?
I have created a document using publisher that I would like to now put into the body of an e-mail! ...

Workflow Email Attachment from SharePoint Doc Library?
Hi, Anyone know of a way to have the document attachment from an e-mail generated by the workflow engine be a document stored in a SharePoint document library and not a document in a shared folder on your network? Alan Have you tried creating and using a Web Folder for this ? Ian "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@_SPAMBLOCKREMOVE_tgo.ca> wrote in message news:uWiyvqERGHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Anyone know of a way to have the document attachment from an e-mail > generated by the workflow engine be a document stored in a SharePoint > docu...

Package to HTML Docs
I have a database that references around a gig of images and the problem I'm having is most users have 2000 but some have 2003.. Well the users with 2003 if they click on the package files they get an error saying The operation on the HTML Document object failed The OLE server may not be registered To register the OLE server, reinstall it I was wondering if anyone knew what OLE to register or how to convert them back to something that both can view..? ...

Using Here-Doc with Powershell
Hi folks, got a question regarding here-docs (also known as here-scripts, here-is etc) with Powershell. Maybe anybody out there has a tip... On a UNIX shell (Bash), the following script works (meaning that the 'help' command is executed and then the program quits): $ sqlplus /NOLOG <<EOF help exit EOF Note: sqlplus is a utility shipped with the Oracle Database binaries, but I don't care that tool. My question is about how to construct here-scripts! My equivalent code for Powershell is: PS> sqlplus /NOLOG @' help exit '@ Unfortunately, it do...

customer / job wise P&L report
Hello, There is any facility to get customer / job wise P&L report in version 10. (we are doing contracting work – we want know job wise profit details) Assuming you mean using FRx, you would have to use Analytical Accounting. Short of those two modules, you would have to have a job segment in the chart and a specific segment value for every job or use a different reporting tool. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Syam" wrote: > Hello, > There is any facility to get customer / job wise P&L report in version 10. > (we are doing contracting work – we want know job wise ...

Vertical dotted lines appeared after creating PDF doc
Running Excel 2007. As an experiment, I clicked on File | Send | Email ad PDF attachment. I never actually sent it, but when I closed the email, my sheet had vertical dotted lined between F&G and M&N. I tried clearing the Print Area, but they won't go away and they are bugging me. Can someone tell me what they are, and, how to get rid of them? Square Peg wrote: > Running Excel 2007. > > As an experiment, I clicked on File | Send | Email ad PDF attachment. > > I never actually sent it, but when I closed the email, my sheet had > vertical dotted lined between ...