How to questions

Where would I go to configure a schedule depreciation entry to process each
month?

Where would I go to fix the check alignment when printing checks?

Randall
randyf@nbsys.com

0
rwfarris (14)

First, it would be helpful if you'd use the subject line to identify the
topic.

Based on your first question, it does not appear you are using the Fixed
Assets module. So, I think you're asking about scheduling a recurring GL
entry. Based on that, you create a batch in GL and set the frequency to
monthly. You enter the journal entries in the batch. If I'm way off of what
you're asking, please elaborate.

Assuming the checks are the Great Plains reports, you would go into Report
Writer. If you print the checks to the screen, click the Modify button and
change the alignment. You may need to set the security (via Advanced
Security) to the modified report. You'll also need to push the modified
report to other users' machines for those users who print checks, if you are
using local report dictionaries.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Randall Farris" wrote:

> Where would I go to configure a schedule depreciation entry to process each
> month?
>
> Where would I go to fix the check alignment when printing checks?
>
> Randall
> randyf@nbsys.com

0
callen (2505)

Question #7
Hello: How do you set up a 2000 Exchange box to allow relay from a 5.5 Exchange? I've made a few attempts but none seem to work. I need to handle mail for a 5.5 server for a few weeks but cannot get it configured correctly. Thanks Go into the properties of the default SMTP Virtual Server (ESM, Server, Protocols, SMTP, SMTP VS), Access tab, then go to the Relay restrictions. Add the IP of the 5.5 server as being allowed to relay. You may need to restart the SMTP VS on 2000, but that should be it. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Doug" <noemail@nospam.com> wrote in m...

question about matrix formule
Hi, let consider this (in cell A1 through B3): bob 10 bill 8 bob 5 With the matrix formule {=sum(if(a1:b3="bob";b1:b3)}, i get 15 (the sum for Bob). My question: 1) why has the IF function not three parts like if(test;action if true; action if not true)? Is this another IF function? Thanks Andre Hi if you don't specify the third condition (the false part) Excel automatically returns FALSE Try this with a simple formula like =IF(A1="X","X in cell A1") and try what happens if A1 does not equal 'X' The SUM function then ignores th...

OWA Question #10
Hello, we're running Exchange 2003 and I have the following situation. Several employees in our company decided to start a different branch. Instead of creating a separate domain we just created a new account in AD with a different domain suffix. So let's say they used to have account@companyA.com. But now they have account@companyB.com. They've been able to access email via Outlook just fine but when accessing it via OWA, they are unsuccessful. We've tried logging them in with both companyA.com and companyB.com domains in the login screen. companyA.com just retur...

School question
True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a table. We don't typically answer school questions in these newsgroups, but even if we were going to, we generally like the question to be complete and make sense. -Scott "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79CEB83-12AC-4B88-8146-5ACED58279A2@microsoft.com... > True or Faled The Table Template is used to automate data entry in a > table. Scott M. wrote: > > "deborah Camp" <deborahCamp@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Question about Simple task
Hey everyone, I'm currently running an ebay involving the buying of lot of video games, and then the selling of invidual games. I would like t have three columns. One would consist of the Title of the game, i alphabetical order, one the quantity of games I would acquire, and th other the approximate price of that game (Which I research on my own) This is what I want to know, how would I set excel up so that when put a "1, or 2" in the quantity column it would automatically add t the bottom "grand total" the price of that game which was filled in a having a quantity o...

Default mail settings Question
Outlook 2000. MS-Word is my default mail editor and when I click for a new email it defaults to a size 10 font. I would like it larger but don't see where the setting is. When Word itself starts it defaults to 12. -- Thanks in advance... Bob In Outlook; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format-> button Fonts... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@att.net> wrote in message news:7tBad.794$HG3.658@lakerea...

Date question 01-14-10
Can anyone help with this function: =IF[Date Parts Ordered Completed]+ [Date Part Completed]+[Date Purchasing Completed],not blank,=Date The goal is that is all three fields have a date in them, then put in today's date in the final field. If one of the dates is missing, then the final date is blank. The only problem is if I open up that form I do not want it to change the date to today. I want it to stay the date of the actual completion. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, P-Chu -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try this -- Completion_...

Usage Question
Hi, Not sure if this is the proper arena for this post, but.... Have a usage / functional question regarding Outlook, suspect this is a common problem with many... Here is the scenario: 1. Send an email to someone, do NOT copy the email to myself so it just goes in my sent mail. Here are two problems that arise out of this function: 1. If I am awaiting for a response / need a response to that email what is the BEST way to re-tickle myself if in fact a response to that email is not received? At this time I remember manually in some form a flag, task or just plain old memory. 2. Once ...

Xtab query question.
I am trying to put a criteria into a xtab query via the Combo on a form. I use the builder to get "Forms![FrmPopupCustProd]![Combo]0" and this is inserted into the criteria field of the xtab query. But the query opens to give no results at all. Is this the wrong treatment for a crosstab query? Please help, Frank A few suggestions, Frank: 1. Is the zero at the end really part of the parameter? (Perhaps it should read Combo0 inside the square brackets?) 2. Make sure the field you apply this criteria under reads Where in the Total row. If you need to show the output of t...

Email Rule Question
I use Outlook 2002 SP with XP. I recently began to get lots of spam to (random letters)@ralph page dot com. All of my legit email correspondence is sent to either ralph@... or RP@... so I would like to initiate a rule that only allows email to those two addresses to be kept. Is there a technique for this type of rule? Thanks -- -Ralph Page remove pants to reply by email In news:%q9Yg.10295$TV3.961@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com, Ralph Page <ralph@PANTSralphpage.net> typed: > I use Outlook 2002 SP with XP. > I recently began to get lots of spam to (random letters)@ralph page...

Newbie question Pulling data from one sheet to another based on
Okay, Forgive me ahead of time, I really don't know much about Excel. I can work with templates and create simple formulas but alot of what I read here comes across as "Excelspeak" to me. Here is what I want to do: I have a price list sheet created. This price list has cells labled by name and then "duration", basically for every item there are four prices, based on duration of a rental or sale. I want to create a quote program that will pull data from the price list based on the quantities entered in the quote program. For example Price list is "System A, des...

Web Question...Is This Possible???
I have a client that has a web app that is used by customers throughout the country. For some reason they want to provide a page within this app that allows the end user to view his/her local email while in the browser. The client does not have an email server, these end users would all have different email providers. They are fine with starting with only providing this function to Outlook users...but is this even doable?? Thanks jason@mojohoney.com "mojoman896" <jason@mojohoney.com> wrote in message news:1137876541.344478.269730@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >...

Suppressing questions in Excel Macros
How does one suppress dialog that appears when executing a macro in Excel 2003. For example, a question such as "Do You Want To Save...". I have tried statements such as Application.CommandBar.... and Workbook.Command... , but they don't work. Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Application.DisplayAlerts = False ' your code here Application.DisplayAlerts = True -- Cheers, Ryan "danfw" wrote: > How does one suppress dialog that appears when executing a macro in Excel > 2003. For examp...

CWebBrowser2 question
Hello, I am having trouble loading current .svg document when my OnInitDialog() is called. I have a line: m_explore.Navigate("c:\\Data\\SVG\\web\\standalone.html", NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL); standalone.html file uses 1 frame: main.html, main.html uses 2 frames: left.html and maps.svg, maps.svg uses xlink:href command to access mymap.svg This is what happens: 1) User opens a map and it gets converted into SVG 2) m_explore.Navigate() is called and displayer CORRECT map 3) User closes this map, opens another map and map from 2) is shown which INCORRECT. When the map is updated and ...

General SOA question
As I was reading SOA Manifiesto, one line got my attention "SOA can be realized through a variety of technologies and standards." as of now, only way I can think of implementing bussiness service at this time which is decoupled and scalable is though web services. This gives cross platform/scalable/maintainable. Is there any other way we can implement services which has the same things? Thanks, I just started working with SOA, and the way I understand it (which is not very thorough at that) is that SOA is basically web services taken to the next level of interoperability (a...

Public Folder Question #4
Is there a way to enumerate all folders and posts (including attachment labels where applicable) and redirect to a text file or CSV in a similar fashion that the DOS tree /F /A command would work? Thanks! ...

2004 Reinstall Question
I need to (re)install 2004 from scratch--the prior installation is uninstalled. I do not have the CD, as I upgraded online from the trial version. I have the email from MS with my license key. I re-downloaded the trial version so that I could input my license key. However, I am not being given the opportunity to "upgrade" to the licensed product as Money 2004 informs me that the trial has expired. I am given the option of acknowledging this by pressing OK, or to purchase the full version yet again. When I click OK, Money quits. Any suggestions how I can install 2004 without paying t...

Question on firewall and Exchange 2000
What ports need to be opened? CONFIGURATION: Exchange Server ---> Firewall1 Active Directory Server They are on seperate networks... what ports need to be opened on the firewall to allow the active directory server to get in? Do I need to open any? Right now I have ports 25 80 and 110 open for mail, but do I need to open more then that for exchange to function correctly? Does exchange contact active directory servers? Or do the servers contact exchange? ...

question?
I have recently switched to a new computer at my office. I was able to set up my email in outlook. I wanted to transfer the email messages from my old computer to my ne w computer. Does anyone know how to do this??? locate and copy the file called *.pst Then in Outlook open it. "Cliff" <c-sharp@chc-group.com> wrote in message news:03fe01c3a88d$8cbbf850$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have recently switched to a new computer at my office. > I was able to set up my email in outlook. I wanted to > transfer the email messages from my old computer to my ne > w computer. Doe...

File Conversion Question
backup.pst Outlook 2003 version Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? What other possible solutions could be employed? Thank you. denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > backup.pst Outlook 2003 version > > Can this be converted to be restored into Outlook 2002? Only by using Outlook 2003 to create a 2002-format PST and then copying or exporting the data to the 2002-format PST. -- Brian Tillman Thank you! >-----Original Message----- >denise.ciaralli@bell.ca <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Licenses Question (Turn a Suite to a Customer)
Hi, We bought CRM Licenses from MS last year.. A mix of Sales Pro, Customer Pro and Suite Pro licenses... Now I have some Suite Pro leftovers but would like to give licenses to new Customer Services Reps. Is there a possibility to turn a Suite Pro to Customer Pro or a way to give them a Suite Pro but prevent them (Hide info?) to access the content of the Sales Tab (or the Tab itself) ? Thanks for your answer. Eric Regretfully there is no way to hide some info from som users. All forms will look the same no matter whish license is used (as long as you have access to the form). I un...

Explorer Icon question
I am looking for an explanation regarding a change to the icons I see when I use Windows Explorer in thumbnail view mode. All of my icons just recently changed to have a small box in the bottom left, sort of like the shortcut indication, but this is 2 blue arrows in a circular pattern. It is definitely not a shortcut, because it is on all folders, files, etc. I am wondering what this means and how to remove it. -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > I am looking for an explanation regarding a change to the icons I see when I > use Windows Explorer in thumbnail view ...