How to print the originating list price on SOP Blank Invoice Form

Hi,

I have printed the functional currency list price on the SOP Blank Invoice
Form (with a calculated field using rw_ivGetFuncListPrice) - but this doesn't
work in a multi-currency environment for invoices printed in the original
currency (when it differs to the functional currency).

Does anyone know how to print the originating currency list price on the SOP
Blank Invoice Form?

Thanks,
Graham
0
Graham8706 (123)

Graham,

Here is what you can do:

1) Open your SOP Blank Invoice Form with Report Writer
2) Add Sales Transaction Amounts Work.Item Number and Sales Transaction
Work.Currency ID fields to the H2 report section
3) Change the Visible properties of those two fields to Invisible
4) Create a Calculated Field for the Originating Currency List Price that
returns a String. You will need to enter a constant such as "" or spaces to
fill in and make the field valid.
5) Move the calculated field to the H2 report section
6) Go to Tools and add the report to Visual Basic
7) Highlight the Calc Field, the Item Number field, and the Currency ID
field and add to Visual Basic.
8) Go to Tools and open the Visual Basic Editor and copy/paste the following
code

Private Sub Report_BeforeAH(ByVal Level As Integer, SuppressBand As Boolean)
    Dim objConn As New ADODB.Connection
    Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command

    If Level = 2 Then
        'Retrieve an ADO connection for the current user
        Set objConn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection()

        'Set the connection properties
        objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient

        'Set the current database, using the IntercompanyID property
        objConn.DefaultDatabase = UserInfoGet.IntercompanyID

        'Create a command to select all customers
        cmd.ActiveConnection = cn
        cmd.CommandType = adCmdText
        cmd.CommandText = "SELECT LISTPRCE FROM IV00105 WHERE ITEMNMBR = '"
& _
            Trim(ItemNumber) & "' AND CURNCYID = '" & Trim(CurrencyID) & "'"

        Set rst = cmd.Execute

        COriginatingListPrice = rst("LISTPRCE")

        rst.Close
        objConn.Close
    End If

End Sub

This is a quick and dirty code, but should get you very well on your way of
retrieving the information, since conventional Report Writer methods (table
linking, user-defined functions, etc) won't do.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Graham" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have printed the functional currency list price on the SOP Blank Invoice
> Form (with a calculated field using rw_ivGetFuncListPrice) - but this doesn't
> work in a multi-currency environment for invoices printed in the original
> currency (when it differs to the functional currency).
>
> Does anyone know how to print the originating currency list price on the SOP
> Blank Invoice Form?
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Graham
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/8/2008 10:17:09 PM
Isn't that information carried in the ORUNTPRC (Originating Unit Price) field
of the Sales Transaction Amounts Work Table?

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Graham" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have printed the functional currency list price on the SOP Blank Invoice
> Form (with a calculated field using rw_ivGetFuncListPrice) - but this doesn't
> work in a multi-currency environment for invoices printed in the original
> currency (when it differs to the functional currency).
>
> Does anyone know how to print the originating currency list price on the SOP
> Blank Invoice Form?
>
> Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Graham
0
info4071 (3004)
7/8/2008 10:59:16 PM
Hi Mariano,

This is what I was looking for. Thanks a stack. Where do I send the flowers?

Thanks again,
Graham

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Graham,
>
> Here is what you can do:
>
> 1) Open your SOP Blank Invoice Form with Report Writer
> 2) Add Sales Transaction Amounts Work.Item Number and Sales Transaction
> Work.Currency ID fields to the H2 report section
> 3) Change the Visible properties of those two fields to Invisible
> 4) Create a Calculated Field for the Originating Currency List Price that
> returns a String. You will need to enter a constant such as "" or spaces to
> fill in and make the field valid.
> 5) Move the calculated field to the H2 report section
> 6) Go to Tools and add the report to Visual Basic
> 7) Highlight the Calc Field, the Item Number field, and the Currency ID
> field and add to Visual Basic.
> 8) Go to Tools and open the Visual Basic Editor and copy/paste the following
> code
>
> Private Sub Report_BeforeAH(ByVal Level As Integer, SuppressBand As Boolean)
>     Dim objConn As New ADODB.Connection
>     Dim rst As New ADODB.Recordset
>     Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command
>

>     If Level = 2 Then
>         'Retrieve an ADO connection for the current user
>         Set objConn = UserInfoGet.CreateADOConnection()
>
>         'Set the connection properties
>         objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>
>         'Set the current database, using the IntercompanyID property
>         objConn.DefaultDatabase = UserInfoGet.IntercompanyID
>
>         'Create a command to select all customers
>         cmd.ActiveConnection = cn
>         cmd.CommandType = adCmdText
>         cmd.CommandText = "SELECT LISTPRCE FROM IV00105 WHERE ITEMNMBR = '"
> & _
>             Trim(ItemNumber) & "' AND CURNCYID = '" & Trim(CurrencyID) & "'"
>
>         Set rst = cmd.Execute
>
>         COriginatingListPrice = rst("LISTPRCE")
>
>         rst.Close
>         objConn.Close
>     End If
>
> End Sub
>

> This is a quick and dirty code, but should get you very well on your way of
> retrieving the information, since conventional Report Writer methods (table
> linking, user-defined functions, etc) won't do.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Graham" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have printed the functional currency list price on the SOP Blank Invoice
> > Form (with a calculated field using rw_ivGetFuncListPrice) - but this doesn't
> > work in a multi-currency environment for invoices printed in the original
> > currency (when it differs to the functional currency).
> >
> > Does anyone know how to print the originating currency list price on the SOP
> > Blank Invoice Form?
> >
> > Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Graham
0
Graham8706 (123)
7/9/2008 8:52:14 AM
Hi Richard,

From what I can see, the Originating Unit Price is the price entered on the
sales transaction, not the list price (as stored in the Item Currency Master).

Thanks for your suggestion.
Graham

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Isn't that information carried in the ORUNTPRC (Originating Unit Price) field
> of the Sales Transaction Amounts Work Table?
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Graham" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have printed the functional currency list price on the SOP Blank Invoice
> > Form (with a calculated field using rw_ivGetFuncListPrice) - but this doesn't
> > work in a multi-currency environment for invoices printed in the original
> > currency (when it differs to the functional currency).
> >
> > Does anyone know how to print the originating currency list price on the SOP
> > Blank Invoice Form?
> >
> > Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Graham
0
Graham8706 (123)

Combo or List box
I'm struggling with list or combo boxes and would appreciate some help or maybe I'm looking for the wrong thing. I have a form in which I enter several codes to create the criteria for a report query. This works just fine. There is an associated description for each code in other tables. All I want to do is to display alongside the input box the associated description of the code I've just entered. Thanks On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:00:02 -0700, SeeJay <SeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >All I want to do is to display alongside the input box the associated &...

how to active the ribbon Tab automatically when the form opens[Access 2007]
Dear I built a ribbon tab for a form. It works fine and when the form opening, the ribbon will be loaded fine. But it would be focus (or active) automatically. It still focus in the tab where I set now. Please help.!!urgent.!! Another question: is the callbacks for the ribbon always in Modules? I remember in Access 2003, the callbacks function could be in the form class modules. If all the callbacks should be in the Modules, does it mean we need distinguish which form or report is active now? Thank you very much. Jason Jiang Hi Ribbon is the new command bar system in office 2007...

"print labels from outlook"
How do I print labels from outlook contacts. I am trying to use a catagoory called "holidays" as a filter and therefore print some address to avery labels There are countless Help Files and online sites to help you with this. They are version specific. We don't know your version. Do some searching on your own. Start here: http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm -- Russ Valentine "Zamocks" <Zamocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA0CFBCB-0E47-4DFF-96B6-A7BB5D756D76@microsoft.com... > How do I print labels from outloo...

Need macro to print sheet with multiple repetitions
I have an excel-based sales report with charts, etc. The territor number in cell A1 determines the data that populates the tables an charts. When the user selects a new territory number in cell A1, th tables and charts update. I need to print the report for every sales territory every month (5 each month.) I don't want to have to manually select the nex territory, print, select the next territory, print, etc. Is there a macro that can automate the process? :confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Bill This sub will change the value of A1 so all cells will b...

Linked Forms

Unbound Form for Criteria
Hi everyone, How can I make an unbound form pull criteria for: Month vs. Previous month Current Qtr vs. Previous Qtr Current Qtr vs. Previous Year’s Qtr I’ve been around the world and back again on this. Is it a matter of creating expressions for these in a form or should this be a part of the design of my query. My end result is to have a report showing one period vs. the other period and the variance. Please point me in the right direction…please! Thank you, Kay It will take more than an unbound form for the criteria to get your data. You will have to add a cal...

Outlook contacts list issue
I am in the process of recovering data from an anchange disaster. I had all of the mailboxes recovered and are all in PST files. I am now going through and showing users how to import their calendars, contacts, mail etc. When a user imports his/her contacts, everything goes fine until they try to use those contacts through the address book. The address book does not show any contacts added by the import. Any newly created contacts are visible. I have found that if I change the email address of an imported contact, that contact will then appear in the address book. This indicates ...

looking for template for tracking cash calls or invoices
Just looking for an exel spreadsheet to track invoices or cash calls. ...

split commissions on order and transfer it to invoice
Customer would like to be able to split commissions between different sales people on an order and then be able to transfer it to an invoice without the information disappearing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

File in 2007 form
I was trying the Beta Office 2007 and made the mistake of saving one of you Excel file in the new 2007 form. I really need it back in the 2003 form. Problem: due to a variety of issues, I de-installed the Beta version and went back to 2003 but for got about the one file.. So; are there any utilities that anyone knows of the will convert this file back two 2003 form?? It is a simple Excel file, meaning that there are no clever or fancy formula or macros, just a collection of parts and part numbers gathered over MUCH time surfing various web sites. Any help or advise (beside the obvious....

song list
is there a way of generating a list in excel from songs i have saved on my d drive? If all of your files are in this format, I have one artist - title.mp3 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "nick" <nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0916245E-11D0-4946-A689-A3E6C9CE3C77@microsoft.com... > is there a way of generating a list in excel from songs i have saved on my d > drive? i do have them in that format "Don Guillett" wrote: > If all of your files are in this format, I have one > > artist - title.mp3 > &...

Printing postcards from publisher 2007
I have given up on duplexing my postcards with mail merge. I made two separate publications and printed the addresses on one side of the cards. Got that to work. Now I'm trying to print the four pages to the one sheet 8 1/2 x 11. It now prints all four copies, minimized into the upper left 1/4 of the paper. How do I get the program to print my postcards full size? Look at my answer in your earlier post. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Judy Gross" <JudyGross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A6D1429-44B0-47A8-ABEB-0C84C2F749F4@microsoft....

VBA to suppress a specifc line item in SOP Grid
I am looking for a way to suppress one line item on the sales transaction entry window. My example is, if there are 12 line items entered on a sop order then the order is saved. If a users goes back to that order I would like to display all line items except a single line that has a specific item number (for example “Z-DUMMY”). ------=_NextPart_0001_444A8341 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Drial This is possible using Dexterity or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications). In Dexterity you can use a SQL Where clause or a reject record command in the LINE_FILL scri...

Creating a form
I have a form with a subform that allows a person to enter all the Sold to Ship To on the top form and the details on the subform.I would like to create a print button on the form that they can click after they finish entering the subform information that will print out a P.O. with all the top and subform info correctly placed on it.Is this very difficult? I am just not sure how it will know to print the current record?Thanks for your help After you add a button to the form to print a report, open the code module and modify the OpenReport method to add a where argument. Help and Intellisense ...

List servers and their DNS server settings
I am trying to get a list of server names and their primary and secondary DNS server settings. If I try the following command: get-wmiobject Win32_networkadapterconfiguration -computername "servername | select name, DNSServerSearchOrder It would give me the specific servername and its dns addresses. I know have a list of computernames which I would like to list out and their DNSserversearchorder settings (DNS settings) I tried putting the list of computernames in a text file by using get-qadcomputer | export-csv C:\computername.txt -notype Then I used the get-con...

Removing Blank Cells #3
I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank columns and rows from a worksheet. There really is no need for this many blank rows in the workpaper I am working on and I assume it contributes to the overall size of the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance. Hi you can't remove them (you can hide them if you like9. Also they do not add up to the size of your worksheet 8at least as long as your used range is correct) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff Mortenson wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank > columns and rows from a works...

SOP Transaction error
When I create SOP Transaction, due to power failure, the transaction No. is lost and it shows posted. Now I can’t use inventory items which I entered in that one. In inventory those items are allocated. After making check links I am getting following message : Sales Work This file cannot be processed while other users are accessing it. But no body logged in to system while making check links. How I can solve this issue Hi Syam, First i would make sure nobody is using any resources in the SY00800 and SY00801 files in the DYNAMICS database. Then I would check the batch staus and...

MOP/SOP LINK #2
Hi, I created a new item and its fulfillment method is Make to Order-Manual. I created a sales order and a mfg order for this item. In GP 8.0, I opened the MOP/SOP Link window, only saw the MO on the right side for this item and the SO didn't show up on the left side. Did I miss any step to link MOP and SOP? What should I do, so the SO will show up in the left side? Thanks. stien Make sure the end date is set correctly, it must be out farther than the requested ship date on the SO (the default is the current date) also make sure you have a SITE ID in, even if you only have one s...

Search directly in a form
I have some members in av form, and I want to be able to in [FirstName] to just type inn the persons name and search an get hold of all the persons data in the form. Is there an easy way to do this? -- Tom R. Thorstensen On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 07:31:04 -0800, Tom R. <tomrth@broadpark.no> wrote: >I have some members in av form, and I want to be able to in [FirstName] to >just type inn the persons name and search an get hold of all the persons data >in the form. Is there an easy way to do this? Yes. On the menu select Records... Filter... Filter by Form. Type search terms in...

ADP in A2007 Runtime: Traditional binding of form to stored procedure taking no parameters no longer works
Forms in ADP can have a stored procedure as the RecordSource. Traditionally we could write: RecordSource="dbo.EmployeesList" (or use the RecordSourceQualifier to specify "dbo"). On A2007 runtime this no longer works: The record source 'EmployeeList' specified on this form or report does not exist. On A2007 (with or without the /runtime command line switch) it does work. The only workaround I have found so far is to put the entire expression in the RecordSource property like this: "exec dbo.EmployeesList". I don't think this is an intentional change b...

SOP Invoice with Item's image
Hello, I have a request to print item's image at each item line on the SOP Blank Invoice. The image can be either stored on the Item Master's Note (as attachmenet) or on the Internet information - image. Anyone can advice me whether this is possible to be done in Report Writer? If cannot, what are the possible solution? Thanks May Unfortunately this cannot be done in report writer due to dexterity limitation, you will need to use Crystal Report for such operation. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohd...

Why my colors on screen are different in printing?
I have not changed anything in my settings and my colors on screen are what I want. When I go to print, they are completely different. I don't understand how to get them to match. I would think the default colors would be fine... so how did they change, without me doing anything? I have tried a few things and it did not help... I am just wasting ink and frustrated. Please HELP! The colors on your screen may be what you want but what you really need to do is to print something and then make your monitor look like the print. Computer monitors, video cards, brand of ink, type of paper ...

Subreport Data Listing Twice for Each Report Record
On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Any suggestions appreciated. -- Thanks, tbl tbl wrote: >On a report & subreport pair, the subreport data is listing >out twice, and I can't seem to sort out why. Does the subreport diplay two records? If so, the problem is that your main report's record source query has a Join to the subreport's data source. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] in article bq9q83pdvsepjusn44j91g84rpveu5a9bk@4ax.com, Marshall Barton at marshbarton@wowway.com wrote on 7/5/07 1:18 PM...

Ability to Print from ZOOM window
Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen. Can someone help me?? thanks barb Your best bet would be to modify the report to include the distributions. "BK" wrote: > > Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You > can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution > so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen...

Printing to HP LJ2300 printers
We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing from Excel (97 and 2000) We get garbage. We have used all the drivers HP has including their older drivers for this printer. Also tried both PostScript and PCL. We connected a LJ4300 and had no problems, same with a LJ4+. Has any one else had ths problem and fixed it? No problem here with 3 LJ2300. Use the default driver on their installation disk "Wayne" <wayne.horn@wachovia.com> wrote in message news:0afe01c48b7d$24e903c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... : We have received several LJ2300 prints and when printing : from Exce...