How to print DUOS field in Report Writer

I need to create a comment field for each grid line item in Inventory
Transaction Entry. I have created a text field in Modifier. I have write a
code using the DUOSObject in VB using a DUOSObjectCombinedID made up of the
Document number and Line SEQ number. The data seems to save and retrieve fine
from SYS90000.
Now I need to modifify the IV Transaction History Report and I do not know
how to pull out the DUOSObject. I've tried to follow the examples from
vbadataaccessoptions.pdf and VBADevelopersGuide.pdf (in GP documentation) but
the example it shows involve Customer Maintenace which doesn't require a grid
and doesn't involve a combined primary key. It mentioned adding the DUOS
field as a calculated field but it doesn't show exactly how.
Any help and comments is greatly appreciated.

The code to retrieve the information from the DUOS is almost identical to the
code you would have used on the window.

Create a calculated field of the appropriate datatype which has a empty
constant value.  Drag this onto the report and add it to VBA.  Now you can
use VBA code to populate this calculated field with the values from the DUOS.

Does that help?

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
MBS Services - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"SpeedyGonza" wrote:

> I need to create a comment field for each grid line item in Inventory
> Transaction Entry. I have created a text field in Modifier. I have write a
> code using the DUOSObject in VB using a DUOSObjectCombinedID made up of the
> Document number and Line SEQ number. The data seems to save and retrieve fine
> from SYS90000.
> Now I need to modifify the IV Transaction History Report and I do not know
> how to pull out the DUOSObject. I've tried to follow the examples from
> vbadataaccessoptions.pdf and VBADevelopersGuide.pdf (in GP documentation) but
> the example it shows involve Customer Maintenace which doesn't require a grid
> and doesn't involve a combined primary key. It mentioned adding the DUOS
> field as a calculated field but it doesn't show exactly how.
> Any help and comments is greatly appreciated.
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
11/17/2004 1:45:01 AM
I got it now...I had a problem with formating my combinedID to the exact
representation in the SQL database that's why I have trouble to print them
out previously. Thank you all.
Speedy Gonza

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> The code to retrieve the information from the DUOS is almost identical to the
> code you would have used on the window.
>
> Create a calculated field of the appropriate datatype which has a empty
> constant value.  Drag this onto the report and add it to VBA.  Now you can
> use VBA code to populate this calculated field with the values from the DUOS.
>
> Does that help?
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> MBS Services - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "SpeedyGonza" wrote:
>
> > I need to create a comment field for each grid line item in Inventory
> > Transaction Entry. I have created a text field in Modifier. I have write a
> > code using the DUOSObject in VB using a DUOSObjectCombinedID made up of the
> > Document number and Line SEQ number. The data seems to save and retrieve fine
> > from SYS90000.
> > Now I need to modifify the IV Transaction History Report and I do not know
> > how to pull out the DUOSObject. I've tried to follow the examples from
> > vbadataaccessoptions.pdf and VBADevelopersGuide.pdf (in GP documentation) but
> > the example it shows involve Customer Maintenace which doesn't require a grid
> > and doesn't involve a combined primary key. It mentioned adding the DUOS
> > field as a calculated field but it doesn't show exactly how.
> > Any help and comments is greatly appreciated.

2004 delux Reports...
How do I get transfers between saving and checking accounts to show on the "monthly INCOME and EXPENSE" report? The "include transfer" in the customization section is already check marked. It is frastrating because reports are not accurate. Income makes you richer. Expenses make you poorer. Transfers between checking and savings make you neither. Thus, Income and Expenses shouldn't show Transfers between the accounts being reported as they are neither. "kd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324b01c3fd02$e8338bc0$a101280a@...

why does my pic print cut off
after cropping a picture in picture manager i tried to print it and it now is cut off, however it is normal on the screen. ...

Entering text in a table field
Hi, I was typing a long text in a table field in Access named "Status". The field length is set to 255 characters. I received a message "The string returned by the builder was too long. The result will be truncated." How can I correct this error so I can continue to enter the text in the table field name "Status". You can e-mail me directly brc_wllms@yahoo.com with your answer. If you need more than 255 characters then use a memo field. -- Pictou "Newbie64" wrote: > Hi, > > I was typing a long text in a table field in Access named...

Advanced Security Print
Hello, Is there a way to give limited access to advanced security. In other words is there a way to restrict advanced security for a user to only view and print these advanced security reports off. Dan Hi Dan, I dont believe there is a way to grant read only access to the Advanced Security window. Are you trying to generate authorization reports? Or what exactly are you wanting the user to be able to generate? If you give me some examples I might be able to point you in a different direction. Andrew www.gofastpath.com ------=_NextPart_0001_70179C00 Content-Type: text/plain Content...

Printing Shipping Labels
Can anyone tell me how to print a single address label rather than a page of identical labels in Publisher Using Publisher 2000, this is how I do it. Select a new clean work area, usually an 8�"x11" or an A4. Arrange Layout guides Fill in Margins, number of columns and rows of your label stock Copy a label into the cell of your choice. Print P.S. I usually work from the bottom up. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of the 45+ countries in America! "BernyBolt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF0DCC39-1...

Stock Aging Report
Hi, Do any one come acroos Stock Aging Report in GP, GP has Inventory Turnover Report, but that dosent solve my requirement, i require details stock aging report for Inventory, Does any body already have the solution for this. Regards, Venu Hi Venu, If you are interested we can write a custom repor as per your requirement. Regards, Manick manick.m@hotmail.com "Venu" wrote: > Hi, > > Do any one come acroos Stock Aging Report in GP, GP has Inventory Turnover > Report, but that dosent solve my requirement, i require details stock aging > report for Inventory, ...

AP Report with Notes
I am trying to create a Vendor Outstanding Report with the following columns Date Document # Transaction Notes Amount 1/1/08 1234 Special paymnet to vendor $100 for the services provided on per xyx, etc ******************Blank Line ************************* 1/3/08 3434 Some notes $50 ******************Blank Line************************** Total Outstanding AP ...

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

VB Procedure Onclick Button to open Report
I've been trying to write a bit of code that will print a particular report, if the form fiters are active, if not all records are displayed and i cant get it to work I've tried the following Private Sub CmdPrintList_Click() If Me.FilterOn = True ( <------------------------------That line is Giving me a GoTo Error) DoCmd.OpenReport "View All Projects", acViewPreview, , Me.Filter Else: Me.FilterOn = False DoCmd.OpenReport "View All Projects", acViewPreview End If End Sub Try this: Private Sub CmdPrintList_Click() If Me.FilterOn = True Then DoCmd.OpenReport...

Print user class report in delimited form
Hi, I would like to export the user access report in delimted format to be used in excel, is there a way I can do it? The user class report has way too much headers and sub headers. Thanks in advanced. Sure, Just modify the report using Report Writer. Remove the page header section and also any extra lines you don't want in the report header. It's a pretty simple report. "Richard" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to export the user access report in delimted format to be used > in excel, is there a way I can do it? The user class report has way too much ...

Reporting help!
I need to do the following - I want to generate a list of customers who purchased a particular product, and on that list also see what else they purchased. I would like to see the total sales for these transactions, and work out if people are buying my link sales.. any help would be great! ...

error message when printing check
Hi - I am trying to run checks and I when I go to select checks I get the following messages: A get/change operation on table 'gpAppEnabled' cannot find the table. I click "more info" and get: (Microsoft) (ODBC SQL Server Driver)(SQL Server) Invalid object name 'GSA.dbo.gpAppEnb'. When I close the box it says: Could not run file trigger script Now I can't close the error pop up boxes, they continue to loop. Any direction on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks - First thoughts.... (1) Are you licensed for Payables Management? (2) ...

Paramater Report based on Combo Box and dealing with No Data
I have a paramater report that is based on a combo box (on unbound form that is called from Report's on open event, form value is used in Report's Record Source Query). This works great and I have no complaints about that. But what I want to do is the following: Have a MsgBox appear if no records are returned from the Record Source query and to close the report. I tried doing this in the No Data Event, but since I use a paramater form it doesn't work. Can someone help me determine the best place to run my code? Dim Msg, Style, Title, Response Msg = "There are no Activ...

change default value in table field
I have a database I have created for a user who needs an easy interface to use to update the Federal Poverty Level calculation when it is changed by the government. I currently have the fields "PovertyLevelAmt" and "AddFamilyMemberAmt" in the "Tbl_Patients" set to the default value for those fields. It is easy for me to change the default values manually, but the user will not want to learn how to get to the default value area manually to change it there. Does anyone have an idea of how she can very easily set the new default values in either the ...

using A2000ReportToPDF to print and save all reports in a database
Hello All. I am using the Stephen Lebans A2000ReportToPDF converter and it works VERY well. My question is is there a way to use this utility where you click the button and it will convert ALL of the reports and save them to a specific directory? Currently I have to click one by one for al 60 of my reports. Thanks in advance for any help. D Actually I dont need to print them just save. D I figured it out. Change code To: blRet = ConvertReportToPDF(Me.lstRptName, vbNullString, _ "C:\" & Me.lstRptName.Value & ".pdf", False, False, 0, "", "&...

Current Earnings Including Benefits report
It would be nice to have a Currents Earnings report that included benefits. It would even be better if the report broke down the employee and the employer amounts for the employee. -- Phoenix USA, Inc. Systems and Programmer Analyst ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

Data not populating in Fields (Publisher 2003)
Hello, When I merged my data from excel it only populates 1 persons data on all the pages. Thanks -- astro44 If you are viewing print preview, this is a Publisher bug that shows all the data the same. In the print dialogue there is a test print, use it on plain stock if you are unsure. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jessica@aol.com" <Jessicaaolcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3B701D8-69B5-41CA-A738-5027954B3D0D@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > When I merged my data fr...

Outlook 2003 printing bug
I've just upgraded to Office 2003 from XP and have found one bug and one issue with printing my daily Outlook diary: The date and day at the top of the page (in the "daily style", one page per day) should print: 01 November 2003 Saturday With Outlook 2003 it now reads: 01 November 2003 01 November 2003 Oops! Obviously a bug interpreting the day of the week. This even happens in the print preview. Secondly, I have an issue with Outlooks '03's printing of the task pad. The lines between the items are now so faint I can hardly see them at all. It would be very useful f...

Defining a print area in a macro
I am using Excel 2007. I need to create a macro which identifies a range of cells as the print area. The range varies and I need to macro to allow for this. I need, within the macro, to go to the extreme bottom right hand end of the data and create a print area which goes from that cell back to A1. The problem is that the bottom right hand end of the data is not always in the same place! Any suggestions? Many thanks in anticipation. Isn't this the way excel determines what to print if you don't specify a print range? I'd try removing the print range (er, s...

newbie: pretty print of xml to memory string
I am sure this a newbie-type question. But I was looking to see if someone had something that walks an xml tree and creates a nicely tabbed (pretty print) string version of the xml tree (probably starting from a node, like innerxml). But innerxml sometimes (when preservewhitespace is off) return a single very very long line. Is there a quickie XSLT for this? or something else (I seem to remember and output directive) but I want this from C#. Hi Yechezkal, The simplest way to return a nicely tabbed string, I think is to write a recursive loop to format it. I've written a short exampl...

placing a reference to a cell in a print header
I'm looking for a way to display the value of a cell in a print header using some kind of formula without using Visual Basic code. If the cell that contains the value I want to display is in a range named "MyRange" in a worksheet named "Sheet1," is it possible to place some kind of formula in a print header so that it will always display the current value in MyRange whenever the page is pinted out? Thank you in advance. Paul Hi Paul AFAIK there is no way to insert a formula into the header/footer definition. You have to use the workbook event Before_print to inse...

Text field in a template
I have a text field that I would like to type a date into. The template is protected, so the user can only type into the text field of the document. The question is can I format the text field to help the user type the date into it (like MM/DD/YY)? Thanks, Stanley If this is a text form field, you can do the following to set a date format: Unprotect the template and use the Text Form Field Options dialog box. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Stanley" <Stanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96862B1E-D625-4A4A-BD3F-22FDCD82B18F@microsoft....

Check posting should not automatically pop up when printing checks
Hi, This is a convenience feature currently in GP 10 to have the check posting window pop up after the checks are printed. Unfortunately, for publically traded companies, this is a violation of Sarbanes-Oxley because a user who prints the checks can not be the same user who posts them. When you remove the user's access to post checks, they can't print them either. I suggest you fix this as soon as possible to prevent issues with auditors and such. My suggestion would be either to not automatically pop up that window if the user does NOT have posting permission, OR disable th...

Pivot table will not group a date field
I have a pivot table that I grouped the dates by month. I've been using it for quite a while. I just refreshed it and the dates came ungrouped.And when I select the date field and group, I get an error message saying "cannot group that selection. You either have blanks or text fields in your dates - Find and fix. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask pe...

Print Picking Ticket
Hi, I need to be able to print the the items in a Picking ticket that needed to be fulfilled but not the previsoly fulfilled as the canned report puts an * beside the item number that have been printed before , so i need to to remove those items from the report the seconed time i printed the picking ticket by other meaning, i need only to print the QTY needed to be Picked and exclude the QTY that have been fulfilled already can any please give an advice ...