How to Page Break correctly in Report Writer?

I have a customer statement modified report in GP and I am trying to get the
report to Page Break when it goes to next customer record, because obviouslly
I cannot have 2 customers on same page.

So I created a additional footer in Section Options and set it to Page Break
on Customer Number.

That is working fine, it does page break when customer record changes. But
when I have a customer that has 2 pages worth of invoices listed, on the 2nd
page header it will list the Name of the following customer. Why is that?

For example, I have a customer called ABC and XYZ. It will print the 1st
page with ABC and 2nd page even though it still is listing documents/invoices
for Customer ABC will for some reason display name of Customer XYZ at the
top.

Do anyone have any ideas or tips on how to fix this? I'm pretty confident
I've got the break setup correctly, I just don't know why its displaying name
of next Customer record on page header, even though it technically is still
listing documents for the current customer.

------=_NextPart_0001_624E5D6A

I have seen something similar before and it was not fixable without using VBA.

The situation I had was a document that could fix x number of lines on a page.  We had a footer which contained a sum.

If we had enough records to just push the footer to the next page but any of the records, a customer name in the page header would
show the next customer.  If at least one record for the current customer prints on the second page, the customer name would be
correct.

I will try and explain what is happening.

The Report Writer is a single pass report writer and runs through the data from top to bottom once.

When a footer is printed, the current record pointer has already moved to the first record of the next customer. That's why footers
need to use the Last Occurance setting.

If we print a page header with the type of data it will printer the current record which is already the next customer.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_624E5D6A

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I have seen something similar before and it was not fixable without using VBA.
\par
\par The situation I had was a document that could fix x number of lines on a page.  We had a footer which contained a sum.
\par
\par If we had enough records to just push the footer to the next page but any of the records, a customer name in the page header would show the next customer.  If at least one record for the current customer prints on the second page, the customer name would be correct.
\par
\par I will try and explain what is happening.
\par
\par The Report Writer is a single pass report writer and runs through the data from top to bottom once.
\par
\par When a footer is printed, the current record pointer has already moved to the first record of the next customer. That's why footers need to use the Last Occurance setting.
\par
\par If we print a page header with the type of data it will printer the current record which is already the next customer.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_624E5D6A--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
10/2/2008 9:20:14 AM
David,

Thanks for your very helpful explaination for the reason behind this issue.
To me it sounds like it would be considered a minor "glitch" or "bug" with
Report Writer.

Since I am not a developer and know nothing about VBA, I had to take another
approach to solving this problem.

What I did was I removed Customer Name & Address from "page header" and only
left that information on "report header". I then went into section options
and changed the option from "page break" to "reset report".

By doing this, only the 1st page of statement would print Customer name &
info per customer. This resolved my issue because as mentioned on the last
page the Customer name & address was printing information of the next
customer record.

Luckily, my manager/CFO was cool with my fix, so I did not need to scramble
around to find VBA code, but that would be handy to have somewhere on the
forums.

Thanks again for your input....Cheers mate.

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> I have seen something similar before and it was not fixable without using VBA.
>
> The situation I had was a document that could fix x number of lines on a page.  We had a footer which contained a sum.
>
> If we had enough records to just push the footer to the next page but any of the records, a customer name in the page header would
> show the next customer.  If at least one record for the current customer prints on the second page, the customer name would be
> correct.
>
> I will try and explain what is happening.
>
> The Report Writer is a single pass report writer and runs through the data from top to bottom once.
>
> When a footer is printed, the current record pointer has already moved to the first record of the next customer. That's why footers
> need to use the Last Occurance setting.
>
> If we print a page header with the type of data it will printer the current record which is already the next customer.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
------=_NextPart_0001_80491439

You can also use an Additional Header with break on Customer ID, but this will not repeat the current customer when there is a page
break.

Well done for finding a solution that worked for you.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_80491439

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 You can also use an Additional Header with break on Customer ID, but this will not repeat the current customer when there is a page break.
\par
\par Well done for finding a solution that worked for you.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_80491439--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Recommendations Reporting Services 2008
Can anyone give me their recommendations on what manual to get to learn SSRS 2008? - I am between a beginner and intermediate in writing SQL queries. Your response is appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/201004/1 On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 18:59:41 GMT, "Chamark via SQLMonster.com" <u21870@uwe> wrote: >Can anyone give me their recommendations on what manual to get to learn SSRS >2008? - I am between a beginner and intermediate in writing SQL queries. >Your response is appr...

extra pages on reports
hello all. I have the same issue with 2 reports that I have created. They both have sub-reports attached to them. The problem is that each report has a blank page in addition to the report. How can I delete the blank page from the report format? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Drilldown.htm page size
Hi, I have created a custom button to show this page. I would like the page to be full screen, rather than just fitting into RMS window. I can do this by selecting 'internal html window' when creating the custom button. But when i do this, the page does not work. Can anybody help me in making the page bigger. Thanks Dave This page needs to be loaded in the transaction screen as you found out. The only way of making this bigger is by making everything else smaller. i.e. Custom Buttons, Function Keys and the Status Bar. To do this you need to press Shift+F6 click on the Transa...

Cant send urls, pages
Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail. It is probably something simple but I am not seeing it ~Thank Michele Katmido <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just upgraded from 2002 to 2003. Now I can not send interesting > websites to friends, associates, or send links the way I used to. I > went in and adjusted several security levels to no avail. Include the URL in a plain text message and it will get through. Don...

Background color on a tab page with XP theme
I have a dialog with a tab control on it. Tab pages are created from dialog resources. When the tab control displays, the tabs are "white" and the background of the tab pages is the COLOR_BTNFACE color. When I call EnableThemeDialogTexture for the dialog page object, now the background of the dialog appears to be "white" while the tab page has a white gradient getting darker toward the bottom. This leaves an outline around where my dialog resource is being displayed. How do I get the gradient to come out right? Do I need to call DrawThemeBackground on the page?...

Lopsided report
I am trying to create a report which has Cash Contributors on one side of the page with In-Kind Contributors on the other side of the page !! (Side by side each other) I have all the information i need in the same query. If I create a single report, I get the lopsided effect. One group of contributors is higher than the other, leaving blank spaces above one side. I tried creating a report with a sub report. I used the MonthYear as the link, as I could find no other common ground. Doing that, I have encounter two errors, the filter (I used a form filter with the MonthYear as the filter...

Page Break in Access Report
How do I get rid of the last page break in a report? The last page of my report is always followed by a blank page. Hi CC, How many pages is your report? If it is normally only one page, then the last page would be page 2. One possible cause of this symptom is having a report that is too wide. For example, if you are printing Portrait, on 8 1/2" X 11" paper, the following applies: 8.5 <= Left Margin + Report Width + Right Margin If your report is more than one page of data, and the sum of the above three settings is greater than 8.5 inches, then the classic sympto...

Code Page problem in SetWindowText
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C7EFB3.937325D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, I've created a MFC project in MBCS. I need to show some set special = characters ( ASCII code > 128) in a CStatic controls. It shows correctly = in all English locale window. However all those special character = becames "?" in non-English window. How to solve this problem? Here's = part of my source code void MySprcialCharacterDlg::OnUpdate() { TCHAR stringToShow[10]; Ze...

Errors exist in the page of http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
So i can't save my options. When i open the IE browse, it will always pop up this page. Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these applications running in the background when you inst...

Page Numbering #17
Hi, I'm working on my first newsletter using Publisher 2003. It is going well, but I have a confusing problem with page numbering. The newsletter is four pages long. I took the original page numbers off, and made new text boxes for the title and page #. Page 1 is fine (and not numbered) Page 4 is fine. But page 2 and 3 keep changing back and forth. If I save page 2, page 3 becomes page 2 also. Same if I save page 3 - page 2 changes back to page 3. I've tried everythinig I can think of. Any ideas? Thanks -- LeslieJ You are changing the Master page, by doing so you are ...

Converting from page-layout program to Word
I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I have a document that was formatted for some ancient page-layout program that won't even run under Windows XP, so I'd like to put it all into Word. It's currently in a tag-style format; for example, to italicize some section, it needs surrounding tags, like this: <W0I>Passage to be italicized.<D> The document is huge, so I need to use Replace all to turn all of these into italics in Word. Is there a way to turn such passages, wherever they occur, into italicized text in Word, dropping the tags on either sid...

Form Information to Report
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. First of all, i created a form with multiply text boxes with complex calculations in each text box. When you move from one record to another record, each text box will change due to the calculation. Now what i need to do is to create a separate report for each record. I started creating a report by copying and pasting the text boxes from the form to report in design mode. If at anytime the calculation changes, i don't want to change the calculation on the form and also on the report. (to much of chance of forgetting to change bo...

Fiscal Year settings and reporting
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I know that Fiscal year settings are once and for all. No changes can = take place in it. Is it possible to set the period to monthly and then = roll up by quarter? Can we generate quarterly reports if we select = month? =20 Thanks any help is appreciated.... --=20 Mansoor Awan=20 ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C59F4A.30DC56F0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfe...

Print multiple pages per Sheet in Excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet with 12 rows that goes for many columns ( with formulas). Is there a way to print this where three pages are on each piece of paper? How about inserting a new worksheet, then copying and pasting (as values) to that new sheet. Then print that "helper" worksheet. If you have to do this lots, this may be worth the trouble. Insert a new sheet. select a nice range on the original sheet Edit|copy go to the new worksheet shift-edit|Paste picture link Repeat so that you have pictures of the ranges so it prints the way you want. Then print this helper worksheet. Th...

Table fields not appearing in report writer
I have created an add-in app for GP. With the app are reports. When I go into Great Plains in the Report Writer and modify the report I need to create a relationship with existing GP tables. When I am in the Report Writer and I choose the MY table and look at the table, I can see all the fields. When I go to create a relationship, I click the Relationship button, select Great Plains for the product, select the table I want and choose the index. In the portion of the form where you associate one field with another, the secondard table (GP) shows the fields that are in the index. H...

Conditional Printing of Certain Fields in A Report
i need to have a conditional printing of some fields (SEE BELOW) VENDOR SHARE $999.99 LESS TAX $999.99 country ENGLAND tax (%) 20% AMT DUE $999.99 how do I print only these 5 lines when the tax amount is not zero. Also how do i combine line 2,3 & 4 and looks like LESS ENGLAND (20%) TAX instead. I tried doing the following: ="LESS" & [COUNTRY] &"(" &[TAX (%)] &")" in the control source but i got a #ERROR error Any help would be appreciated. Kevin T <Kevin T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i need to...

How can I count unique values in a query in the report footer
Am using Access 2003 I have a report that gives me the count of the status of individuals . This works fine as long is there is only one record in the query (in my query there is one record per month). When I query 12 months (individuals may appear in various months) it counts each record of an individual. For Example in a query considering 12 months for a widow Jones it may count her 12 times and for a survivor named Smith may count her 8 times: Widows 12 Survivors 8 I would like to add a count in the report footer that will tell me how many unique individuals I have in the repo...

VBA to create series of workbooks need to add code to skip creating a report if no lines meet criteria
Hi All, I need some assistance as where I'm at with this report is far beyond my level of knowledge and I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I've created a template that creates a report and displays variances based on the "search criteria" which is defined in another worksheet and hides any rows that are equal to Zero and are between the value (>= -5000 AND <= +5000) and what I'm trying to figure out is if there are no rows visible within the report then it should not save the report (that way I don't email a blank works...

Excel worksheet saved as web page--trouble printing
I have an worksheet that uses a graphic for a background, which I hav also saved in HTML using the Save as a Web Page option. The web pag looks great--but just like the excel background graphic, th "background" graphic in the webpage won't print out for me. Is there any way to fix this so that the graphic will print when print the web page? Thanks--Ki -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com check the background printing options within the tools, options menu and also the printer properties. hope that helped. >-----Original Message----- >I have an workshee...

Import data from a web page
I've read the suggestions about this topic and none of them work. The only thing I am able to do is manually copy and paste data from a website to my Excel worksheet. In the past, with the previous version of Excel I had a web query that worked but now I just get an error message that says the query retrieved no data. Following the instructions in the error message window yields no results. Has anyone else had this problem and arrived at a solution? What version of Excel, previous version is not descriptive of what you had what you have now. And it possibly does not matter. In...

Report not functionning in Money 2007
Hi ! I just finished the upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2007. Everything went fine except that the Report function no longer work. Every time i try to get a report, the "Loading" stays there forever and nothing happen. Does someone has a clue of what is happening ? Andr� Hi Andre, I am using Money 2006 was also experiencing the problem you described where I would attempt to generate a report, would get the pie chart and then the "Loading" message and nothing would happen. I converted over from Quicken in 2005. I was only experiencing this problem when I tr...

Characters not displaying in Reports
Hi I have a problem where certain characters are not displaying when i print reports. An example of the characters would be: ĨħĪĩčċ‹ēĖĖĝĜ which when they are printed within the report come out as: ??????‹????? Is there any reason for it doing this? Is there any way to get the report to display these characters? The reason I would like the characters displayed is due to the Romanian language using some of those said characters. "Are you sick" becomes "eşti tu bolnav?" where the 'ş' is displayed as '?' Thank you very much in advance If this is just...

Exporting CRM Reports Gives Error
Hi All, Whenever I try to export or print any CRM reports I recieve the following error: Line: 122 Char: 2 Error: ix is undefined Code: 0 URL: http://10.1.1.140/reports/viewer/html/toolbar.aspx?id=4629 I get the same error on all reports, both custom and standard. It is happening on both thick and thin clients with different versions of office installed. Anyone got any ideas please? MS Support unfortunately have yet to come up with a solution. Thanks Simon ... is this happening from all your workstations? i e can you print from one but not another? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft...

GP Payroll and HR Report Printing Problem #2
Hi I am using GP9. I am not able to print the report for an employee from cards or reports even in Fabrikam company. It simply shows the Employee master detail Level 3 Total Number of Employee: 0 The user have the all rights to access Payroll & HR We did the check links the result is same But if I add new employee it prints fine no problem. I cant delete all the information of more than 100 employee payroll and HR data and recreate again. Any one can help me solve this problem Thanks in advance Nizham ...

My web publication is 5 pages but only 1 page prints. Why?
My web publication is 5 pages but only the page I am looking at will print even when I say print all or print pages 1-5. The same applies to sending as an email attachment - only page 1 is attached. I am using Publisher 2003. The publication is a school newsletter. The version previous to this one is fine. When I created this troublesome newsletter I copied the good version. Thanks for your help. -- Nancy B ...