How to modify GP Reports on Citrix enviornment?

Hello, are there any special considerations for modifying Great Plains
reports on a Citrix enviornment?

All of our users log into GP via Citrix enviornment and I need to modify
some reports. Should I not be modifying reports while users are logged into
GP?

I have modified bunch of reports on a non-Citrix enviornment with Great
Plains and now I want to point everyone to the reports dictionary where I
modified reports.

Would I simply log into the Citrix Server, go to GP root directory, and
change the Dynamics.Set file so that it points to the location of the reports
dictionary that I have modified?

Should I wait until after hours before doing this or can I do this while
users are logged into GP? Thanks!!!

Presumably, all users are sharing the same report dictionary files.
Generally, you cannot make modifications to reports while other users are in
GP.

You should get everybody out or wait until everybody is out if you want to
change the location of the report dictionary files.

You could also import your changes into the Citrix-based GP installation
after all users are out, except for you, of course.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:

> Hello, are there any special considerations for modifying Great Plains
> reports on a Citrix enviornment?
>
> All of our users log into GP via Citrix enviornment and I need to modify
> some reports. Should I not be modifying reports while users are logged into
> GP?
>
> I have modified bunch of reports on a non-Citrix enviornment with Great
> Plains and now I want to point everyone to the reports dictionary where I
> modified reports.
>
> Would I simply log into the Citrix Server, go to GP root directory, and
> change the Dynamics.Set file so that it points to the location of the reports
> dictionary that I have modified?
>
> Should I wait until after hours before doing this or can I do this while
> users are logged into GP? Thanks!!!
0
callen (2505)
9/26/2008 2:00:01 PM
Thanks Charles for your input.

Alright I will wait until after hours before changing path of shared reports
dictionary.

Current enviornment is new GP implementation, with no modified reports, and
everyone access GP via Citrix.

So I will need to wait till everyone is logged out of GP, then on the
Citrix-based GP install, I'll point the Dynamics.Set file to location of
Reports dictionary containing the reports I have modified.

Thanks again very much for your input.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Presumably, all users are sharing the same report dictionary files.
> Generally, you cannot make modifications to reports while other users are in
> GP.
>
> You should get everybody out or wait until everybody is out if you want to
> change the location of the report dictionary files.
>
> You could also import your changes into the Citrix-based GP installation
> after all users are out, except for you, of course.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:
>
> > Hello, are there any special considerations for modifying Great Plains
> > reports on a Citrix enviornment?
> >
> > All of our users log into GP via Citrix enviornment and I need to modify
> > some reports. Should I not be modifying reports while users are logged into
> > GP?
> >
> > I have modified bunch of reports on a non-Citrix enviornment with Great
> > Plains and now I want to point everyone to the reports dictionary where I
> > modified reports.
> >
> > Would I simply log into the Citrix Server, go to GP root directory, and
> > change the Dynamics.Set file so that it points to the location of the reports
> > dictionary that I have modified?
> >
> > Should I wait until after hours before doing this or can I do this while
> > users are logged into GP? Thanks!!!
You can also perform your customizations in a stand-alone environment that
has all the dictionaries currently loaded in your Citrix environment. Once
you are finished with these customization, you can export from your
standalone environment into a package file.

It will be easier to get a 3-minute window of time to import a package file
with your customizations than getting a 60-minute window of time to modify a
form or a report in a Citrix environment (plus all the testing) while users
are performing their daily activities.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:

> Thanks Charles for your input.
>
> Alright I will wait until after hours before changing path of shared reports
> dictionary.
>
> Current enviornment is new GP implementation, with no modified reports, and
> everyone access GP via Citrix.
>
> So I will need to wait till everyone is logged out of GP, then on the
> Citrix-based GP install, I'll point the Dynamics.Set file to location of
> Reports dictionary containing the reports I have modified.
>
> Thanks again very much for your input.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Presumably, all users are sharing the same report dictionary files.
> > Generally, you cannot make modifications to reports while other users are in
> > GP.
> >
> > You should get everybody out or wait until everybody is out if you want to
> > change the location of the report dictionary files.
> >
> > You could also import your changes into the Citrix-based GP installation
> > after all users are out, except for you, of course.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello, are there any special considerations for modifying Great Plains
> > > reports on a Citrix enviornment?
> > >
> > > All of our users log into GP via Citrix enviornment and I need to modify
> > > some reports. Should I not be modifying reports while users are logged into
> > > GP?
> > >
> > > I have modified bunch of reports on a non-Citrix enviornment with Great
> > > Plains and now I want to point everyone to the reports dictionary where I
> > > modified reports.
> > >
> > > Would I simply log into the Citrix Server, go to GP root directory, and
> > > change the Dynamics.Set file so that it points to the location of the reports
> > > dictionary that I have modified?
> > >
> > > Should I wait until after hours before doing this or can I do this while
> > > users are logged into GP? Thanks!!!
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/26/2008 6:18:02 PM
Thanks MGomez, good point.

Yep I've been modifying in a stand-alone enviornment and will be importing
the package file when users are logged off.

Because we've got 32 users and I cannot ask them all to log off during the
day. They would eat me alive...lol...j/k

Have a nice weekend everyone and thanks for your input.
DynamicsGP = DynamicsGonePartying

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> You can also perform your customizations in a stand-alone environment that
> has all the dictionaries currently loaded in your Citrix environment. Once
> you are finished with these customization, you can export from your
> standalone environment into a package file.
>
> It will be easier to get a 3-minute window of time to import a package file
> with your customizations than getting a 60-minute window of time to modify a
> form or a report in a Citrix environment (plus all the testing) while users
> are performing their daily activities.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
>

> "DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Charles for your input.
> >
> > Alright I will wait until after hours before changing path of shared reports
> > dictionary.
> >
> > Current enviornment is new GP implementation, with no modified reports, and
> > everyone access GP via Citrix.
> >
> > So I will need to wait till everyone is logged out of GP, then on the
> > Citrix-based GP install, I'll point the Dynamics.Set file to location of
> > Reports dictionary containing the reports I have modified.
> >
> > Thanks again very much for your input.
> >
> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > Presumably, all users are sharing the same report dictionary files.
> > > Generally, you cannot make modifications to reports while other users are in
> > > GP.
> > >
> > > You should get everybody out or wait until everybody is out if you want to
> > > change the location of the report dictionary files.
> > >
> > > You could also import your changes into the Citrix-based GP installation
> > > after all users are out, except for you, of course.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

You might want to look at my blog posting.

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/08/20/automating-distribution-of-customisations-part-1.aspx

This is more focused on individual workstations, but can work for
Citrix/Terminal Server as well using a manual batch to import settings
(assuming you can get everyone logged out for a minute).

Otherwise I would go with doing the work on a standalone machine and
importing packages.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily
Microsoft policy.

"DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:

> Thanks MGomez, good point.
>
> Yep I've been modifying in a stand-alone enviornment and will be importing
> the package file when users are logged off.
>
> Because we've got 32 users and I cannot ask them all to log off during the
> day. They would eat me alive...lol...j/k
>
> Have a nice weekend everyone and thanks for your input.
> DynamicsGP = DynamicsGonePartying
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > You can also perform your customizations in a stand-alone environment that
> > has all the dictionaries currently loaded in your Citrix environment. Once
> > you are finished with these customization, you can export from your
> > standalone environment into a package file.
> >
> > It will be easier to get a 3-minute window of time to import a package file
> > with your customizations than getting a 60-minute window of time to modify a
> > form or a report in a Citrix environment (plus all the testing) while users
> > are performing their daily activities.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblosgter.blogspot.com
> >

> > "DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks Charles for your input.
> > >
> > > Alright I will wait until after hours before changing path of shared reports
> > > dictionary.
> > >
> > > Current enviornment is new GP implementation, with no modified reports, and
> > > everyone access GP via Citrix.
> > >
> > > So I will need to wait till everyone is logged out of GP, then on the
> > > Citrix-based GP install, I'll point the Dynamics.Set file to location of
> > > Reports dictionary containing the reports I have modified.
> > >
> > > Thanks again very much for your input.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Report Format

Cannot delete report
Hi All, I have install the report manager sometime ago, it is working fine. Until recently we found that when i click the action menu, nothing is come out. I can't delete or rename the report. But I can add new report. Do anyone encouter this before? Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict ...

Log ON Report Manager
Install Report Manger in the Server CRM Satisfactorily, but I have problems when I do log on to Crystal APS, I am using an account of domain administrator and it does not allow me to accesar to the APS. APS User Name: CCSGR3000\crmadmin APS password: ********* APS Server:servcrm I need Help, Thanks. The problem is with the login. Use the following: APS User Name: administrator Password: (should be blank) APS server: localhost (if it's local) I did run into a problem that Report Manager couldn't be accessed from anywhere on the network. It was an IIS configuration problem. &q...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Payables Trial Balance Report with Options
I am trying to run an A/P Trial Balance Report today that will give me the A/P balance at January 31, 2007. I keep getting the balance as as February 28, 2007. I've run the same report for A/R and am able to get the balance as at January 31, 2007. Currently using GP 9.0. With my previous employer who was also using GP 9.0, I sure that we were able to run an A/P Trial Balance report for a previous period. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I my be missing or what may be set up incorrectly? -- JR JR, The only date that you can spcify on the Aged Trial Balance With Options, ...

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

eXtender and Crystal Reports
I've created a Crystal Report to print eOne solutions eXtender fields. They store inaformation in 4 different tables: EXT00101 (String), EXT00102(Numbers), EXT00103(Date),EXT00104(Time).. I have created a View that unions all these tables - and convert them into a Varchar.. Once that is done, I've created a function called GetExtFieldValue where i pass the extender window id and field number and it returns the value for that string. This report was working fine and all of a sudden it became so slow that now it takes 7 minutes to get one record. If I delete all the data from EXT...

Calculate Subreport totals in a main report Group footer
Hi all Apologies if this has been answered before but I can’t find it. I have a main Report with a Group called “Product_Category” which lists a number of “Products” in the Detail I have a Subreport named “product_costs” which has a record for each date and Text Boxes named “materials” and “fuel” (there are more but I’ll keep it simple). The Subreport sums all costs and has Text Boxes named “summaterials” and “sumfuel” in the footer (all with a height of 0.1cm) The Subreport is embedded in the Detail of the Categories and linked by Product_id In the Detail of the Main Rep...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

EDC Reports
Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without having to configure it for EDC? I need the accounting department and back office mangers to be able to look at and print these reports without them actually having to or needing to do any EDC processing. You could use the Tender Summary report (Reports | Misc | Tender Summary) to get credit card totals by type & register. Marc "Alex" <Alex@no.com> wrote in message news:edLaU8DUHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to gain access to the EDC report(s) in SO Manager without >...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

modify linked cells without breaking link
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets (2003.) The 2nd and 3rd worksheets have cells that are linked to the 1st worksheet. This workbook will be used to schedule production. The 1st worksheet has a list of products that we produce. The 1st worksheet has a column for the min # of cases we need to keep in stock at all times and the max # of cases we must keep in stock at all times. The 1st worksheet also contains a column where the production scheduler would enter the actual # of cases in stock. The 2nd worksheet in the workbook takes the actual cs in stock and compares ...

Report Query in RMS
Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports in RMS are composed. When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there basic structure. Are the any examples of how these reports are composed. The //--- Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the //--- Title Rows ---//. Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand. I have the schema for 1.2. How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn. I wish I was in college again and had all the time in the world. //--- Repo...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Exporting Daily Z-reports from MRS to Quickbooks
Hello all, Basicly im trying to figure out how to export the daily Z-reports from Microsoft Retail Systems 1.2 to Quickbooks (I believe 2005) in 3 steps or fewer. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without exporting the data to a file, but rather do it directly from MRS after posting the z-report. If anyone can help please let me know if you are using the US version of Quickbooks, the ability to post directly from RMS to QB is built in - you just need to set it up and assign your accounts. Ask your RMS reseller and Accountant/Bookkeeper for help - usually takes about 2 hours t...

Sum of each grouped item in a report
I have a form that logs time spent on auditing activities for the Internal Auditors in my company. Each time the auditor performs an audit related task, they enter a new record under their name. This means they could have many occurences of the same function. I then created a query/report that breaks down the different auditing activities for each internal auditor. Management has now asked for a report that gives a total for each activity for each internal auditor (example - John Smith: Audit Prep - 2.25, Follow-up - 3.75, Audit - 7.50). I want to figure out how to do this on a rep...

win7; money plus deluxe; monthly report failures
When using Microsoft Windows 7 and Money Plus Deluxe v17.0.120.1415. I'm trying to prepare my monthly reports. I get the error, "Money requires Internet Explorer 6 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 6 so these components can be added". Win7 has IE8. IE8 > IE6. Shouldn't this work? I searched for this error elsewhere and couldn't find it, or its resolution. Any tips/tricks would be great. thanks... P.S: I know Win7 is Beta and that with Beta's come issues like this... I have the same problem and I wish there was a fix for it. Does anyo...

Add Item to GP Menu
Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how to use Dexterity. Thanks. "Ryan" wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe > it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how > to use Dexterity. > > Thanks. Hi Ryan Please look at the Integration Guide PDF manual installed with Dexterity. Part 5 explains the navigation model and how to work with command forms, commands and menus. T...

Want to modify this procedure to have a range of periods rather than a single period
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BF_01CB206B.89E3AC60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the procedure below I want simply modify the periods procedure below to be -- perpost >=3D = '201001' and <=3D '201012' so I want a range of periods rather than a = single period as in the example below I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out on this. Thanks=20 Sammy USE DEMOAPP Declare @perpost nvarchar(8) /* Do not edit Above=20 ...

Payroll deduction reports
I can't seem to find a report option or a Smartlist that will provide information on detailed deduction amounts for employees. Specifically we are looking for a report that would list the 401K deduction and 401K match per employee for a date range or YTD - can't seem to find any appropriate fields in Smartlist either. ...

Money 2005 Flyer Report bug
Hi all, I just found a bug in the "Frequent Flyer Point or Miles" report. The sorting of "Total miles/points available" is incorrect. It does not sort by value but by characters. For example, it gives me a sorted list of: (693) 1,956 10,284 21,136 3,056 3,279 3,365 686 Will Microsoft fix that and give us an update? I just bought Money 2005 for not long and don't want to spend another three hundreds on 2006 now. John MS almost never issue patches during the life of the product/year. M2005 has been out since mid-2004 so is getting on for 18 months old. Similar...

Changing field settings on multiple columns in pivot report...How
You have brought up a pivot report but it defeaults to count for all columns. Can you change all to max with one operation? Thanks You can't manually change all the calculations to MAX with one step. You can change each field individually, by double-clicking on it, and changing the summary function. Or, you can use programming to change all the data fields. For example: Sub MaxAllData() 'changes data fields to MAX Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField For Each pt In ActiveSheet.PivotTables For Each pf In pt.DataFields pf.Function = xlMax Next pf Next...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied
I really need a solution to this problem... We really need to run ongoing reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied. The built-in reports within POS (not RMS) are not nearly as robust as we wish/require. Is there a query we can run on a transaction table to reveal the discounts applied to those transactions? In the POS Query Tool, running the query "select * from [Transaction]"...