How to modify a Report in Report Writer without actually doing it?

Hi:

When you enter a transaction in GP, say a SOP order, and you print it, you
have a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, but when you
post this transaction, you get a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) History
(Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, the thing is that sometimes the person in charge
of entering this transactions doesn't print them, or forgot to do it, or the
system crashed and cannot do it anymore or the GP goblin, printed the
document and then tore it apart just for fun and now is missing...., etc. So
what I want to do is, in case any of the above should happen, to copy the
existing SOP report on the SOP Historical one, without having to make the
modifications, I've tried the RW duplicate option, and name it the same as
the hitorical report I am trying to modify but it didn't work.

So what I'm trying to say is, Is there a way you can duplicate a report and
name it to an existing one so GP would recognize this as an modify report and
therefore use it?, If so how do you copy an existing fully modified SOP
report and then put this changes in a non-modified SOP Historical Report.

Regards

Luis

There is a workaround that might work, export your modified report and open
the exported file using notepad, replace the current report name with needed
report name and reimport the package.

If both reports has the same structure the trick will work!

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"lguifarro" wrote:

> Hi:
>
> When you enter a transaction in GP, say a SOP order, and you print it, you
> have a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, but when you
> post this transaction, you get a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) History
> (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, the thing is that sometimes the person in charge
> of entering this transactions doesn't print them, or forgot to do it, or the
> system crashed and cannot do it anymore or the GP goblin, printed the
> document and then tore it apart just for fun and now is missing...., etc. So
> what I want to do is, in case any of the above should happen, to copy the
> existing SOP report on the SOP Historical one, without having to make the
> modifications, I've tried the RW duplicate option, and name it the same as
> the hitorical report I am trying to modify but it didn't work.
>
> So what I'm trying to say is, Is there a way you can duplicate a report and
> name it to an existing one so GP would recognize this as an modify report and
> therefore use it?, If so how do you copy an existing fully modified SOP
> report and then put this changes in a non-modified SOP Historical Report.
>
> Regards
>
> Luis
Mohammad is correct! You may also want to look at MVP Frank Hamelly's article
on the subject at:

http://gp2themax.blogspot.com/2008/12/report-writer-sop-document-mods.html

--
Best regards,
--

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> There is a workaround that might work, export your modified report and open
> the exported file using notepad, replace the current report name with needed
> report name and reimport the package.
>
> If both reports has the same structure the trick will work!
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> mohdaoud@gmail.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "lguifarro" wrote:
>
> > Hi:
> >
> > When you enter a transaction in GP, say a SOP order, and you print it, you
> > have a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, but when you
> > post this transaction, you get a SOP (Other/Short/Long/Blank) History
> > (Invoice/Order/Quote) Form, the thing is that sometimes the person in charge
> > of entering this transactions doesn't print them, or forgot to do it, or the
> > system crashed and cannot do it anymore or the GP goblin, printed the
> > document and then tore it apart just for fun and now is missing...., etc. So
> > what I want to do is, in case any of the above should happen, to copy the
> > existing SOP report on the SOP Historical one, without having to make the
> > modifications, I've tried the RW duplicate option, and name it the same as
> > the hitorical report I am trying to modify but it didn't work.
> >
> > So what I'm trying to say is, Is there a way you can duplicate a report and
> > name it to an existing one so GP would recognize this as an modify report and
> > therefore use it?, If so how do you copy an existing fully modified SOP
> > report and then put this changes in a non-modified SOP Historical Report.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Luis

Is Crystal Report ver:11.5.8.826 supported?
Please tell me: Do reports made in CR Professional ver: 11.5.8.826 supported by RMS v2.0? hi Asad, the Last version support is Crystal 8.5 also not worked with 9,10 or 11. "Asad" wrote: > Please tell me: Do reports made in CR Professional ver: 11.5.8.826 supported > by RMS v2.0? Well, I've checked it myself. Crystal Report11 doesnt work with RMs v2.0. Haven't checked ver 9, 10. "Akber Alwani" wrote: > hi Asad, the Last version support is Crystal 8.5 also not worked with 9,10 or > 11. > > > > "Asad" wrote: > > ...

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

show columns on other worksheet without using formulas
Hi, I have 1 worksheet containing lot's records. Just like in access, each line is 1 record, and each column contains data. ex: WORKSHEET 1: name title address city 1 dfjw kjhk kjhkj kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk lkjkuf guyg 3 drdtg xcx yjutuy hgyy Now I want to have a selection of columns on worksheet 2: ex, only name and title: WORKSHEET 2: name title 1 dfjw kjhk 2 lmkj lkjlk 3 drdtg xcx I will only add/modify rows in worksheet 1. And I want that this is filled automaticaly in worksheet...

File Modified by Another User #2
I have recently upgraded my PC to Windows XP SP2 and am having a curious problem. When I attempt to save the file, I get a dialog box stating the file might have been modified by another user - do I wish to save a copy or overwrite changes. The workbook is not shared - however, it does reside on a Linux Samba share. But then again, it has always resided on the share. Only since the SP2 update, has this started happening: These are the steps I followed: 1. Opened Excel 2. Opened the file on the Samba share 3. Clicked SAVE 4. Got the dialog box asking to overwrite changes or s...

Sales Pipeline report
I know you used to be able to view the sales pipeline report by product, but I don't seem to have that option available in the "group by" ddl. Am I missing something? HELP! Viewing the sales pipeline by product is an important requirement. I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone the existing report and modify the where clause). Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-...

report format portrait and lanscape
Is it possible to have one command to change report between portait or lanscape? If not, probably the best solution will be 2 reports. Your information is great appreciated, Your report is probably designed in portrait. This means it is designed to print 8-1/2" - the left and right margins wide. If you change the printout to landscape it is still going to print less than 8-1/2" wide on the left side of the paper leaving more than 3-1/2" blank on the roght side of the paper. To fill the paper you would have to write code to reposition and stretch out each con...

Modify Exchange undeliverable email text
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to modify the text of the message that is sent for an undeliverable email address? Thank You Jason Shaw Not natively. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Jasons9745 wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to modify the text of the message that > is sent for an undeliverable email address? > Thank You > Jason Shaw Not easily done. Jasons9745 wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to modify the text of the message that > is sent for an undeliverable email address? > Thank You > Jason Shaw > > -...

Access application on clients without Access
Hi. I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy Office versions with Access included to all the users. I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm not sure how I do it. From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that will work on clients running Office 2007. Ant hints or links to resources appreciated. Kind regards Mr. Smith Try this one from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

Can't Get CRM 3.0 Reports To Work
In the readme file that comes with server installation in the early access program it mentions under Known Issues: ************************************************ Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. ***********************...

close workbook without saving or promt to save
i am new to excel 2007 and when closing the only visible sheet in my workbook i need it to close the workbook without offering option to save. i have tried to use macros but i dont think im doing it correctly. i have a active button that works but i would like it to work when you close from the top right x or exit excel button. shane In Thisworkbook module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Note you have to save at least once before closing first time or you will lose the code your just pasted into the...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Copying from one workbook to another, without taking the name of the 1st workbook with it.
I am trying to copy from one workbook to another and when I paste the copied sheet into the new workbook, the cells refer to the name of the first workbook and I want to take that out before I paste into the new workbook. Anyone know how to get around this? Hi! If you are copying a whole sheet from one workbook to another, use th copy sheet dialogue box. (Edit>Move or copy sheet..) Remember to check Create a copy and select the workbook to copy to fro the upper dropdown box. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Jenny You can do this Select all cells Use replace ...

[more of a 'c' question really] Converting doubles to strings without getting scientific notation
Hello hello.. I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets small the string appears in scientific notation ie 0.02 become 2e-02 Is there another conversion routine I can use to prevent this? I have a not terribly scientific customer who would prefer a straight forward decimal display. Thanks "Zardoz" <thing@thing.thing> wrote in message news:122lvvkvicks85nka58iugok64ba0plpem@4ax.com... > Hello hello.. > > > I'm using _gcvt in a dialog to display a double, but when it gets > small the string appears in scientific notation ...

Dex runtime error after adding modified smart list to vba
My first go round I had added the "original" Smartlist lookup for Inventory/Items to visual basic instead of adding a "modified" Smartlist Lookup for this screen. This worked fine, but I realized I didn't want all users to use the modified Smartlist. I then removed all these changes and tried to start fresh. I then added the original smartlist to Modifier. This was ok. I changed security to use the modified window. However, after adding the modified window, when I try to exit the screen, I get the Dexterity runtime error. I have repeated this seve...

outlook 2003 with adobe writer
this has annoyed my for a long time. I have O2003, and everytime I go to write an email I have whole line of my toolbar occupied by adobe's write pdf button. I have tried to get rid of this on numerous occassions using the settigns but it permanantly stays there after a restart. any help guys? In your "write a note" window, doesn't the commands off the View menu: Menu: View/Toolbars ... then uncheck the Adobe toolbar(s) remove them? Works for me. (Adobe Pro 6.0 on Outlook 2003). If not, this worthy of you then contacting Adobe Support at www.adobe.com and find out fr...

MS CRM 1.2 and MS SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Yes, they can co-exist. Also, please DON'T SHOUT. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:08:02 -0700, HEC <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Could you please enlighten us Matt? If one has CRM 1.2 in...

Parent Child report #2
Hi there does anyone have a parent child report? To list items by parent? Or by Matrix for that matter? Ivan The Reports Library has these two below: This report displays the Item Quantity List grouped by matrix code. Only matrix items are displayed, and each matrix code is displayed with its corresponding components. (April 26th, 2004) https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_Matrix_Quantity_List.zip This report displays the Item Quantity List for Parent Child items. Only parent child items are displayed, and each parent code is displayed with its corresponding child ...

Draw continous vertical line in report detail section
My report has a report header approx 1.5" tall, a page header approx 0.5" tall, followed by the detail section. How can I print a fixed height detail section with verticle lines even if there are only a few records? Essentially, trying to replicate a paper form. The line starts at the bottom of the page header and continues to the top of page footer. In a post a couple days ago, Allen Browne recommended the below for drawing a line down the entire page.....this close, and I am trying to figure out a similar approach for the detail section. Private Sub Report_Page() Me....

Sales Targets Reports
I filled in the CRM Targets. How do i make a report to check the target against the pipeline? ...

Timesheet reporting
I'm currently studying how to use Project Server 2007 for time sheets calculation and reporting To calculate the timesheet cost, we will use the hours spent x resource rate (custom field in resource) by task and project. The cost will also be broken down by direct and indirect cost using the % (custom field in the project). However for certain type of projects (identified by a custom field in project), the direct and indirect cost is based on the % (custom field) in resources. Is it easily done using exsiting cube or data analysis provided by Project Server 2007 and how...

Unable to View Reports in Business Portal 2.5
Does anyone have an idea why the reports will not display? The reports seem to be generating properly from Great Plains 8.0 and I am able to access the GP screens through terminal services. Can anyone help me? Regards, Brad Brad -- Are you trying to view the reports on a Center page? If so, you will need to check the following. 1. You have the share folder to publish reports to setup with the correct security. (This can be found in the BP Installation Manual on your CD). 2. You have published the Reports via Reports Scheduler within Great Plains. 3. The Reports have been set...

(Sorry) CStdioFile problem --------- without the attached image>
Dear : I have ISAPI Filter which expected to serve thounsands of users, within the filter I'm using CStdioFile class to write reports and error logs, the writing is working fine and without any problem , but the problem occured when the filter begin serves many users ,a message like this appreared Debug Assertion Failed! program : C:\WinNT\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe File: filetxt.cpp Line: 163 .... so why this happening , when I tested it as single user or 2 users at a time no problem , what I think is due to huge number of users? What can I do in this case? to prevent such message...

Duplication Detection Reports
Hello, We are a little confused. We run a duplicate detection report on all contacts and for some reason it will show some contacts in the top pane, but then say "Potential duplicate records: None" Why would it show it in the duplicate pane up top if there are no duplicates? Thanks in advance for the help. Thanks, Chris That is strange, if there are duplicates, then it will list them on the top, and the bottom portion will list out the records are match with the duplicate rules. Is this a new installation? Is this the same for Lead and Account? Frank Lee, Microsoft Dyna...

To MVP John Spencer - Report
Hey! Sorry my bad English! My Name Is Per Erik Løkken, and comes from Norway. I have been in contact with MVP Duane Hookom regarding an issue with a report in Access 2007. She tells me that you've had a post regarding the ranking query: “I believe you can do this without the subquery but using a totals query and a self join. MVP John Spencer has posted this type of ranking query in the past. You will get a more efficient and functional result as needed in the report record source.” My report is made with a subquery: SELECT A.VEKT, A.NAVN, A.KLUBB, A.KLASSE, (S...