How to Install GP 6.0 on new Server

I need to install GP 6.0 on a Win2003 Server with SQL 2000.  I am currently
using SQL 7.0 on NT4 .  I have moved the databases using KB 314546 & KB
246133.  The moves worked and the first GP logon to the server works, but
when I attempt to logon to the Company, I get an error "Your login has been
removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting
system".

I checked the Dynamics ACTIVITY table, and it is empty, so I am not hung up
there.  Did I err in believing that I could just copy the databases etc. and
get GP to work?  Do I need to follow a different procedure, or is there a
simple fix (a different table or something) that I am missing.  I would
appreciate your help, as my company will not pay for a contract, and I am on
my own here.

Thanks.

Have you run ALL the scripts as defined in the KB, including locks.sql?  Who
is dbo?  If it is anyone other than DYNSA, run the query: [sp_changedbowner
DYNSA] against system and ALL company databases.

"StuckWithAnOldVersionNeedHelp" wrote:

> I need to install GP 6.0 on a Win2003 Server with SQL 2000.  I am currently
> using SQL 7.0 on NT4 .  I have moved the databases using KB 314546 & KB
> 246133.  The moves worked and the first GP logon to the server works, but
> when I attempt to logon to the Company, I get an error "Your login has been
> removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting
> system".
>
> I checked the Dynamics ACTIVITY table, and it is empty, so I am not hung up
> there.  Did I err in believing that I could just copy the databases etc. and
> get GP to work?  Do I need to follow a different procedure, or is there a
> simple fix (a different table or something) that I am missing.  I would
> appreciate your help, as my company will not pay for a contract, and I am on
> my own here.
>
> Thanks.
0
ChuckRay (9)
4/20/2006 9:36:01 AM
Since my company does not pay for the MS GP service contract, I did not have
access to Customer Source KB's.  I solved the problem by copying ALL test
DB's over as well.  I think it was someting to do with the DEX_LOCK and
DEX_SESSION tables, which I was unaware of.  I am rebuilding the Master DB
because of a sort collation problem I had, and then I have to do all the
copies over again.

Thanks for your help.

"Chuck Ray" wrote:

> Have you run ALL the scripts as defined in the KB, including locks.sql?  Who
> is dbo?  If it is anyone other than DYNSA, run the query: [sp_changedbowner
> DYNSA] against system and ALL company databases.
>
> "StuckWithAnOldVersionNeedHelp" wrote:
>
> > I need to install GP 6.0 on a Win2003 Server with SQL 2000.  I am currently
> > using SQL 7.0 on NT4 .  I have moved the databases using KB 314546 & KB
> > 246133.  The moves worked and the first GP logon to the server works, but
> > when I attempt to logon to the Company, I get an error "Your login has been
> > removed from the user activity file and you cannot be in the accounting
> > system".
> >
> > I checked the Dynamics ACTIVITY table, and it is empty, so I am not hung up
> > there.  Did I err in believing that I could just copy the databases etc. and
> > get GP to work?  Do I need to follow a different procedure, or is there a
> > simple fix (a different table or something) that I am missing.  I would
> > appreciate your help, as my company will not pay for a contract, and I am on
> > my own here.
> >
> > Thanks.

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Vlookup returns "0"

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Relay Servers?

Setting up a new e-mail account

Relay from unstruted server

Microsoft Exchange Server

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Sending Email #6

GP 10 AP Reconciliation Statement
Hi All, I have one query about the reconcile feature that is available in GP 10 to reconcile the AP and AR to GL. It has come to my notice when i take a recon statement for AP it does not match with the AP historical aged trail balance after taking into consideration the unmatched and potentially matched transactions. I have taken the AP smartlist for the given period and compared it with the transaction being displayed in the recon statement. What has come to my notice is the recon statement is not taking few transaction like invoice or payment for some reason. I faced this issue with almo...

attachment previewers not installed?

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server