How to fix error "Unable to load client print control" ?

We get an error when clicking the printer icon on a report generated through
SQL Reporting Services via GP.

The error message is "Unable to load client print control"

The report data does output correctly in IE, however, when we click on the
printer icon to print the report we get the above error.

Previously we never used to get this error. We have made sure the ActiveX
components have been installed on all workstations that allow this printing
functionality.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error in SQL Reporting
Services?

Thanks

DGP,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956391/en-us

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:

> We get an error when clicking the printer icon on a report generated through
> SQL Reporting Services via GP.
>
> The error message is "Unable to load client print control"
>
> The report data does output correctly in IE, however, when we click on the
> printer icon to print the report we get the above error.
>
> Previously we never used to get this error. We have made sure the ActiveX
> components have been installed on all workstations that allow this printing
> functionality.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error in SQL Reporting
> Services?
>
> Thanks
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/17/2008 3:26:10 PM
I am not sure there is a fix other than uninstalling the KB956391 Microsoft
update.

"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> DGP,

> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:
>
>> We get an error when clicking the printer icon on a report generated
>> through
>> SQL Reporting Services via GP.
>>
>> The error message is "Unable to load client print control"
>>
>> The report data does output correctly in IE, however, when we click on
>> the
>> printer icon to print the report we get the above error.
>>
>> Previously we never used to get this error. We have made sure the ActiveX
>> components have been installed on all workstations that allow this
>> printing
>> functionality.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error in SQL Reporting
>> Services?
>>
>> Thanks

1
fmac (3)
10/17/2008 3:56:25 PM
Hence the link.

Best regards,
--

"FMac" wrote:

> I am not sure there is a fix other than uninstalling the KB956391 Microsoft
> update.
>

> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > DGP,

> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:
> >
> >> We get an error when clicking the printer icon on a report generated
> >> through
> >> SQL Reporting Services via GP.
> >>
> >> The error message is "Unable to load client print control"
> >>
> >> The report data does output correctly in IE, however, when we click on
> >> the
> >> printer icon to print the report we get the above error.
> >>
> >> Previously we never used to get this error. We have made sure the ActiveX
> >> components have been installed on all workstations that allow this
> >> printing
> >> functionality.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error in SQL Reporting
> >> Services?
> >>
> >> Thanks

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/17/2008 5:40:01 PM
You provided a link to the cause of the problem. I just added the comment
about the need to uninstall the update.

> Hence the link.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "FMac" wrote:
>
>> I am not sure there is a fix other than uninstalling the KB956391
>> Microsoft
>> update.
>>

>> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > DGP,
>> >
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956391/en-us
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > MG.-
>> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

0
fmac (3)
10/17/2008 6:49:23 PM
FMac,

I guess it can be interpreted in both ways: if by installing this security
patch you started to get this issue then you have to unistall, viceversa,
some people have experienced the same issue and by installing this patch they
have been able to overcome the problem.

Best regards,
--

"FMac" wrote:

> You provided a link to the cause of the problem. I just added the comment
> about the need to uninstall the update.
>

> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hence the link.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "FMac" wrote:
> >
> >> I am not sure there is a fix other than uninstalling the KB956391
> >> Microsoft
> >> update.
> >>

> >> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/17/2008 7:06:01 PM
You need to uninstall the recent update called KB956391, if you can.
Otherwise, you would have to restore your pc back to a prior point before the
KB956391 (ActiveX Control) update. The problem is the update. Don't do
anything other than this as it will create you more problems. Afterwards, you
can launch windows update again but remember to uncheck the KB956391 update.
I solved this problem myself. Good luck to you.

"DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:

> We get an error when clicking the printer icon on a report generated through
> SQL Reporting Services via GP.
>
> The error message is "Unable to load client print control"
>
> The report data does output correctly in IE, however, when we click on the
> printer icon to print the report we get the above error.
>
> Previously we never used to get this error. We have made sure the ActiveX
> components have been installed on all workstations that allow this printing
> functionality.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error in SQL Reporting
> Services?
>
> Thanks
0
P (87)
10/28/2008 12:01:01 AM
One of the prime fix is to unistall security update(i.e KB956391) or second
thing I came to know that there was registry fix which can solve this
problem.please let us know about your views on this.

"Dan P" wrote:

> You need to uninstall the recent update called KB956391, if you can.
> Otherwise, you would have to restore your pc back to a prior point before the
> KB956391 (ActiveX Control) update. The problem is the update. Don't do
> anything other than this as it will create you more problems. Afterwards, you
> can launch windows update again but remember to uncheck the KB956391 update.
> I solved this problem myself. Good luck to you.
>
> "DynamicsGonePartying" wrote:
>
> > We get an error when clicking the printer icon on a report generated through
> > SQL Reporting Services via GP.
> >
> > The error message is "Unable to load client print control"
> >
> > The report data does output correctly in IE, however, when we click on the
> > printer icon to print the report we get the above error.
> >
> > Previously we never used to get this error. We have made sure the ActiveX
> > components have been installed on all workstations that allow this printing
> > functionality.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error in SQL Reporting
> > Services?
> >
> > Thanks
0
Ray1 (115)
12/23/2008 12:18:06 PM
A couple good blog posts with more information and potential fixes
that do not necessarily involve uninstalling...

http://blogs.msdn.com/mariae/archive/2008/12/11/unable-to-load-client-print-control-after-install-a-service-pack-or-cumulative-update-of-sql-server-2005.aspx

And this one gives background on the specific issue with the KB...
http://blogs.msdn.com/brianhartman/archive/2008/11/05/client-print-fails-to-load-after-microsoft-update-956391.aspx

Take care,
Christina
0
turtlesoup00 (221)

unable to load client print control CRM 4 report
Hi, we encounter a strange behaviour with some of our clients. We followed all the instructions to avoid the error message and it works fine for most of the clients. But there is an issue with the clients that are on 64-bit. It seems that there is a problem with the Print Control and the 64-bit IE, with 32-bit IE it is working fine and no error appears (same machine). Somehow the Outlook client is referencing to the 64-bit IE by default and printing out of the Outlook Client fails once again. When I call the same CRM deployment from 32-bit IE I can easily print reports. Any ideas how to...

How to fix error "Unable to load client print control" ?
We get an error when clicking the printer icon on a report generated through SQL Reporting Services via GP. The error message is "Unable to load client print control" The report data does output correctly in IE, however, when we click on the printer icon to print the report we get the above error. Previously we never used to get this error. We have made sure the ActiveX components have been installed on all workstations that allow this printing functionality. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this error in SQL Reporting Services? Thanks DGP, http://support.microso...

another "Unable To Load Client Print Control" post
I'm moving an application to a new web server. The current web server has the SQL database on the same box, but the new one has a separate sql server box. There is no problem with the client print control on the existing app run from the old server, but running the app off the new server gives me an error loading the Client Print Control when I try to print. The web.configs are pretty much identical and reference the webforms report viewer 8.0.0.0. The only difference in web.config is the change to the SQL Server location. Since it works on one server but not another, I gues...

"Unable to load client print control"
Odd one of the week, must be a permissions issue, but I'm not sure where to look. CRM 4.0 Users who access reports from within CRM, and attempt to print recieve an unable to load print control. Users who accees the report from the report server can print without issue. Any guesses on where to start looking? Feels like a permissions issue. Thx! I'm pretty sure the print control is an ActiveX control. The issue is probably to do with Internet Explorer security settings, and the zone that the sites are in -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitati...

printerror:"unable to load client print control" 4.0 report
I am using CRM 4.0 with SQL Server 2008, is there a fix for this? I did remove the KB956391 update on the client but that only allowed me to try to install the print control. When I try to install the control it looks like it finishes and then I get the same "Unable to load client print control". I am using Windows XP Prof. The server is Server 2003. RisingSunND, I'm going to give credit to my colleague, Dave Ireland, on this answer. --- • install the SRS redistributable package on the CRM server • install SQL SP3 on the SQL database and the SSRS server (if they are diff...

printerror: "unable to load client print control" 4.0 report
If you get this error on printing a crm 4.0 report then remove KB956391 from your client pc. ....and yet again a distributed "fix" that messes up CRM functionality... Alex. Hi Alex, Thanks for your response. I removed the said Security Patch from the client machine and it worked fine for some days till the error message started again to appear. I feel that removing the security patch is a temporary solution. Does this mean that we still have to install the Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 Service Pack 1 on CRM Server to overcome this problem? Please advise. &...

RE: printerror: "unable to load client print control" 4.0 report
im getting this error operating with SQL Estandar Edition 2008 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 Sp2 anyone now how to solve this? Hi Erika, Please check following article for the same.. http://edwardsdnadynamicscrm.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!D5F22FDCDD6519D5!466.entry -- Regards, Mayank Pujara "Erika Ontiveros" wrote: > im getting this error operating with SQL Estandar Edition 2008 SP1 and > Windows Server 2008 Sp2 > > anyone now how to solve this? ...