How to fix account format sorting option in GP10.0

Hi,

My client added a new company and found Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Account
format>>Sorting option showing blank. They have another existing company
showing correct sorting option.
I understand that this setting needs to be defined when createing new company.
Since they already have transactions in so that we can not do it over.

Please advise if there is a way to fix this.

Thanks in advance.

Huan
huan.cheng@calsoft.com
0
Huan (3)

This window displays the sorting options for the account framework during the
original installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP. The sorting options apply to
all account formats across all companies. If they are not showing up in one
company, they cannot be showing up in another.

Run the following query against your customer's DYNAMICS database:

USE DYNAMICS;
GO
SELECT * FROM SY00302 WHERE USDFSGKY <> 0;

If this query returns NO data, then I made my case. If it does, then next
best thing to do is to try to run checklinks on the Account Master of the
affected company.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Huan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My client added a new company and found Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Account
> format>>Sorting option showing blank. They have another existing company
> showing correct sorting option.
> I understand that this setting needs to be defined when createing new company.
> Since they already have transactions in so that we can not do it over.
>
> Please advise if there is a way to fix this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Huan
> huan.cheng@calsoft.com
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/15/2009 3:50:01 PM
While you can't fix this because, as Mariano said, it's a framework problem.
I've accomplished a 'temporary' fix by selecting the account segment I wanted
to sort by as the main segment in company account format setup. Performed
whatever function I needed to do (such as GL mass modify), and then switched
it back.  You would want to log everyone off (and backup!) before doing this.

There is always a sort available for the main segment.

Leslie

"Huan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My client added a new company and found Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Account
> format>>Sorting option showing blank. They have another existing company
> showing correct sorting option.
> I understand that this setting needs to be defined when createing new company.
> Since they already have transactions in so that we can not do it over.
>
> Please advise if there is a way to fix this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Huan
> huan.cheng@calsoft.com
0
LeslieVail (702)
7/16/2009 8:06:02 PM
Hi Mariano,

I tried to run check links for account master. It did not work.
Please advise what I can do the next.

Thanks,

Huan

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> This window displays the sorting options for the account framework during the
> original installation of Microsoft Dynamics GP. The sorting options apply to
> all account formats across all companies. If they are not showing up in one
> company, they cannot be showing up in another.
>
> Run the following query against your customer's DYNAMICS database:
>
> USE DYNAMICS;
> GO
> SELECT * FROM SY00302 WHERE USDFSGKY <> 0;
>

> If this query returns NO data, then I made my case. If it does, then next
> best thing to do is to try to run checklinks on the Account Master of the
> affected company.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Huan" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My client added a new company and found Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Account
> > format>>Sorting option showing blank. They have another existing company
> > showing correct sorting option.
> > I understand that this setting needs to be defined when createing new company.
> > Since they already have transactions in so that we can not do it over.
> >
> > Please advise if there is a way to fix this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Huan
> > huan.cheng@calsoft.com
0
Huan (3)
7/17/2009 6:51:03 PM
Hi Leslie,

But as Mariano said. Other companies are find means it did have setup during
the installation. I may ask my client why he needs this for what purpose.

Thanks,

Huan

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> While you can't fix this because, as Mariano said, it's a framework problem.
> I've accomplished a 'temporary' fix by selecting the account segment I wanted
> to sort by as the main segment in company account format setup. Performed
> whatever function I needed to do (such as GL mass modify), and then switched
> it back.  You would want to log everyone off (and backup!) before doing this.
>
> There is always a sort available for the main segment.
>
> Leslie
>
> "Huan" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My client added a new company and found Tools>>Setup>>Company>>Account
> > format>>Sorting option showing blank. They have another existing company
> > showing correct sorting option.
> > I understand that this setting needs to be defined when createing new company.
> > Since they already have transactions in so that we can not do it over.
> >
> > Please advise if there is a way to fix this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Huan
> > huan.cheng@calsoft.com
0
Huan (3)

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Date format in a report
The date is formatted in my table in yyyy/mmm/dd. In one report I need to run for another organization the format needs to be in dd/mmm/yyyy format. How can I change the way it displays in the report? I do not want to change it in the table as I generally want the format to be yyyy/mmm/dd. -- Charlie You can simply use either the format property for the control or you can use the Format() if you need to set the format to something that doesn't already exist. Format([YourDataFieldName],"dd/mmm/yyyy") -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.carda...

Reformat data to vertical format
Here is what I am trying to do. http://www.totalcontrolproducts.com/totalcontrolproducts_OLD/download/images/Untitled-1.gif I have about a thousand records that I need in a vertical format with normal shared field name. Any suggestions -- Psydwaz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Psydwaze's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2437 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37965 see Creating a Spreadsheet from Database data (#dbdata) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm...

I need the fix for Knowledgebase ID: 810999
Where can I get this from? Thanks. In the last exciting episode, "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote: >Where can I get this from? Other from Microsoft Product Support Services as stated in the article? No idea. -- Chris Scharff MessageOne http://www.messageone.com -- ROT13 for valid SMTP address -- Call Product Support Services as listed in the article. If all you're looking for is the hotfix, then the call should be free. -- David Sapery Exchange MVP dsapery@mvps.org "Stephen Aldous" <steve@stephenaldous.com> wrote in message...

Enable Canadian Tax Detail option should update cost on receipt la
Would like the Enable Canadian Tax Detail option in the Company Setup Options window to work like how Landed Costs work. For example, if I select to post my tax detail to the Inventory account, I would like it to not only update my Inventory account in the General Ledger, but also to update the cost on the Receipt Layer in Inventory so when the Item is sold, it will sell at the Item Unit Cost plus the tax amount. The voucher created in Payables Management would just include the Item Cost without the tax amount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft re...

format negative dollars
We have 2 computers in this office, both with Office XP On one we get ($ 4.00) on the other we get -$ 4.00 This format seems to vary from file to files. Is there a way to set the default on Excel to ($ 4.00) ? Thanks Doug Doug, It might help to check the Regional Settings in the Control Panel (I assume your using windows). It has settings for currency and number displays which will affect excel. Check if yours and your co-workers settings are the same. Dan E "doug loewen" <doug@aacropolishomes.com> wrote in message news:004f01c38c25$5c483320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > W...

outlook 2003 inbox format
How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much prefer the look of Outlook 2000. Thank you View > Arrange By > Show in groups "Trng Administrator" <Trng Administrator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49639DAB-7738-4951-B6AC-6A35AD2862FD@microsoft.com... > How can I eliminate the "Today", "Yesterday", "Last Week", etc? I much > prefer the look of Outlook 2000. > > Thank you neo [mvp outlook] wrote: > View > Arrange By > Show in groups That...

Sorting with Column has Formula
Hi everyone, I never imagined that the formula in the column would affect the sorting order in any way, but it does in my case. Below is the formula in that I have in Col I, and I'd like to sort it in Ascending order, but the result is that it sorts with all the empty rows on top and the one with the result from the formula at the bottom. I assume it consider the "I" in the "IF" function in the formula, but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please? =IF(E2="","",IF(J2="X","Priority #1",IF(...

Duplicate entries & Conditional Formatting
Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I want the font to change to bold. Thanks. Yes, provided it is a named range within the same workbook. Select the cells and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula Is> =COUNTIF(MyRange,A2)>0 Format for the change if TRUE. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "hmm" <hmm@hmm.com> wrote in message news:3FCCCF2F.42E759CF@hmm.com... > Is there a formula indicate duplicate data on 2 different worksheets? I > want the font to change to bold. > > Thanks. > ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC
Dear Forum Members: I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC image) up and running on my external hard drive. Does anyone know how to point Microsoft VPC to the Microsoft CRM VPC image loaded on my external hard drive? Please help! Thanks, I think the CRM3 VPC has expired "Caseroo" <Caseroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C46BB4-71F1-41C1-8BB2-899325493D1E@microsoft.com... > Dear Forum Members: > > I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM > 3.0 > (VPC i...

stationary, templete, signatures with multiple accounts
Hello all, I use Outlook 2002 to access three email accounts ( Work, Hotmail, and home ISP ) Obviuosly I can choose from which account I'm sending from at the time of mesasge creation. What I am asking is, is it possible for when, let's say, I choose to send from my work account, a certain stationary and/or template and/or signature is used ----- and a different stationary and/or template and/or signature is used when I send from my ISP, etc....... Please advise, preferably be sending directly to patrick072040@comcast.net., or by replying to this post. Thank you in advance !! O...

Powerpoint with Excel formatted information
My team has an excel file with Text and Icons in a status report format. We use it to copy and insert paste into Powerpoint. After copying into Powerpoint, I try to select it and edit but powerpoint gives an error that says: "There isn't enough memory available to read the Excel file" Other team members use this same excel template and powerpoint and they can edit the information after it is copied to powerpoint. And I can use their files and they work fine. Only one team member has this issue so somehow this person's excel file is using a massi...

Distributing money into "accounts"
Back in the day when the paycheck would come in, I would get out cash and place various amounts into various envelopes for different purposes (e.g. $200 for groceries, $50 for electric bill, $50 for vacation, etc.). Now that it's the 21st century and I've started using Money, I was wondering if there was some way to do something similar to this in Money. For example, let's say my paycheck gets deposited into my bank account. Can I automatically have it add amounts in various "accounts" each month (similar to my envelope system described above)? Then when I add transac...

Sort Need
A B C Row 1 206 S. Harbor Dr. 206 S. Harbor Dr. =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)) First equ immediately above is in B1 =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) Second is in C1. =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)) A1 is address in column of addresses to be sorted. Equ starting: =LEFT pulls out the street address number Equ starting: =TRIM pulls balance. Problem: In this example, Sort places C1 in rows starting with l...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

protect formatting #3
I have a shared workbook with many worksheets in it that many people need to fill in. How can I protect the formatting of it so that they cannot change it. Also when they copy and paste things into the worksheets I would like the format to revert to how I have set it?? Thanks! ...

Sorting Data Automatically
I am importing text into a new worksheet and would like to run a macro that can perform labour a labour intensive sort/deletion. Column A contains a mixture of text strings as follows: QR4567 QR4567/QT1223 QR4290 QR4290/QT1224 What I would like to do is determine how many QR's have associated QT's and how many QR's are remaining that dont have associated QT's. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Hi Alan not sure how the sorting comes into this - sounds more like needing a formula to count when a cell contains both QR & QT as op...

Number Format
Is this available/possible? The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. Thanks, Bill Hi AFAIK this is not possible in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Bill Allen" <ballense@cox.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1eq6d.26462$7k.7198@okepread05... > Is this available/possible? > The difference between engineering and Scientific is that engineering is > always in the form of "11.11En where "n" is a multiple of 3. > > Thanks, &g...

Prevent conditional formatting from being override
E.g When I copy a cell (sheetname = "Main" with normal data + comment) to another worksheet cell (sheetname = "test") with conditional formatting , the conditional formatting is gone. How to prevent it? Paste value only? Yep - If you can't protect the cell then you need to use edit / paste special / values or formulas etc -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�------------------------------�---------------- It's easier to beg forgivenes...

conditional formatting not working in every cell
I have a worksheet that has conditional formatting set for an grade that is below 95 to turn red. The total worksheet has 160 entries and the formatting works on most of the cells except 4 vells show a grade of 95 and its in red. There are several other cells that are at 95 and are not red. I did a paste special across the worksheet, I have also tried to change the cell itself and I still get the same problem. Any way to fix this? Is it possible that your CF refers to the cell above or below the actua cell? i.e conditional formatting in B2 looks in B1 or B3 Something to look into. Re...

Cond. Formatting depending of value in another sheet
Hi all, I've tried to do conditional formatting whether the cellvalue i another sheet is greater or smaller than the cellvalue I have in th active cell. I've tried to do "formula is" IF(B34<Sheet1!B34)and format, but it won work. Any help is apprecciated!! //Thoma -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try: =B34<Sheet1!B34 -- Andy. "Jonsson >" <<Jonsson.1635tc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Jonsson.1635tc@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi all, > > I've tried to do conditional formatting whether the ...

ExcelReport 2.0 Released!
Dear all, ExcelReport 2.0 Released! Please check http://www.ljzsoft.com ExcelReport is an Excel report generator that outputs reports in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. If you know how to use Microsoft Excel and write SQL statements, you can use ExcelReport to create all kinds of Excel reports as you need. Main Changes in ExcelReport 2.0 * Design an ExcelReport file with the extension ".xrf". * Add a editor of ".xrf" file. You can create, open a XRF file using ExcelReport. * Change the user interface * Change the syntax of functions. * Can put data of each record i...