how to enable a GP user to add/remove/change other users??

We have a GP 2010 user who wants to add, remove, modify users,
including which companies they can see.
For now I'm forced to give her sa access, which is not good...
How can I modify this user account so she can add/remove/modify users
and configure which companies they can work on??
She already has PowerUser privileges but this is apparently not
sufficient.
Then I can change the sa password and keep that account safe...
Thank you, Tom
0
tlyczko (20)

Follow these steps to enable POWERUSER to add/modify users:
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/04/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-pow=
eruser-role.html

On Oct 28, 6:49=A0am, BinAdam <mohammed.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Follow these steps to enable POWERUSER to add/modify users:http://dynamic=
sgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/04/microsoft-dynamics-gp-...

OIC -- thank you!! :)
0
tlyczko (20)

can't save changes to workbook; ready only
We use and Microsoft Excel Workbook as our database and I am the primary person that makes changes and those changes are saved on the other two people's copies who work in the office. This morning when I tried to save changes it would not let me and changed my copy and their copies of the workbook to a [read only] [shared] [compatibility mode] database.xls This when I clicked save a box came up stating that there over 265 persons using the database at this time. Which can't be possible since we only have 3 people in our office who use it only a daily basis. It was ...

Old Users in a single mailbox
Hi all, I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking this is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it. I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to their Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email to the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here.. any ideas guys? thanks! Add all the email aliases to a single mailbox. Not very elegant but it should work. Nue "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.c...

How to enable auto mail for AD password expiration
Hi All, Need help I having win2k ads and win2k exchange. I need help when user password comes for expiration within 5 or 6 days then my server send auto mail to that perticular user that your password will expiring in 5 days or so. Anyone can help me please. Thanking you. Yours truly, Vicky On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:52:52 +0530, "Vikram Samnt" <vicky_samant@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Need help I having win2k ads and win2k exchange. I need help when user >password comes for expiration within 5 or 6 days then my server send auto >mail to that perticular us...

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

Can I stop formatting changes from appearing in "track changes"?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Under track changes preferences, I have &quot;none&quot; selected, yet formatting changes still show up when I chose to display the changes in balloons. I can accept most of the formatting changes in order to eliminate the balloons, but sometimes I click to &quot;accept&quot; 10 or 20 times, but the balloon won't go away. <br><br>I realize that this is only a problem with balloons, but my pagination gets messed up if I don't use balloons. Yes: Turn off "Keep track of f...

Remove active directory
Hello everyone!! I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange? Thank you, Cristina what exactly do you mean? you cannot run Exchange 2003 without active directory...what is it you wish to remove? "Cristina Boero S." <CristinaBoeroS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4FF2A45-F114-4C35-9768-47B078B6AC85@microsoft.com... > Hello everyone!! > > I want to remove Active Directory from my exchange 2003 server. Is it > supported? will I lose functionality in Exchange? > > T...

ACC2000: change string to int
I have a customer number that is a string, but I need to change it to an integer variable. Assigning: iCust = sCust does not work. (I just want to drop leading zeroes in the string. It can stay a string if that's easy.) Is there a function to convert string to int? I could not find one in Access help. String() seems to convert a numeric to a string data type. Thanks. Try use: Int(sCust) or Val(sCust) If you want to find Help on these types of functions, first open any module and then open Help. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donat...

How do I change my "Personal Contacts" to just Contacts?
My computer crashed but not before I saved my Outlook folder. The problem is how do I import all of the data (emails, contacts, calendar) into the right places? The old was 2003; the new is 2007. As of now, the old "Outlook" folder is sitting on my new Desktop, which probably doesn't make the most sense. The main issue is that all of my contacts are listed as "Personal Contacts" when I really want to make them just "Contacts" in general and create a subset of truly personal contacts. Thanks. goodguy9544;112956 Wrote: > My computer cra...

GP 8.0 Analytical Accounting Co. Activation running too long
I have just installed AA for a client. The "Inital Install" went ok. I did the "Company Install" for each company (4 of them) which went ok. On the "Activate Analytial Accounting", the 1st 3 companies took about 15 mins. each. The 4th, and largest, company has been running overnight. What would cause this to still be running (no one is in the company)? If I stop the "Activate" process, can I just restart it? ...

Bloomberg add-in anomalies
A discovery was reported at work today: a user has the Bloomberg add-in (http://about.bloomberg.com/software/index.html - the DDE Server and Excel Add-Ins file) installed on his computer, and Excel seems to have been affected in two ways that he's noted so far: 1. When trying to apply a name to a range using the input area on the top left of the workbook space, the input box kicks the user out after a short while (as if the Esc key has been pressed) 2. When programming in the VBE, the Auto List Members box (the list of properties etc that pops up as an aid after inserting a "."...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

FRx Drill Down to GP Level
Dear All, Iam getting this error when iam drilling down from FRx to GL. "An action cannot be completed because a component (GPSOTDI) is not responding. Choose "Swith To" to activate and correct the problem". Any help on this is highly appreciated. GP System Configuration: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - 64 bit OS Microsoft Dynamics GP-10 (middle East), SP4 FRx -6.7, SP11 Hi Amhed, FRx does not run on the 64 bit operating system. -- Geoff James "Ahmed" wrote: > Dear All, > > Iam getting this error when iam drilling do...

cannot change part of a merged cell
This is the error a user receives when he tries to copy one cell into another made up of 3 merged cells. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Is this a fluke? thanks, dominique Copying one cell to a merge of three cells should work. Are you "sure" it is only one cell that is being copied each time? Maybe "sometimes" it is one cell and "other times" more than one. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:02:57 -0400, "Dominique Schroeder" <dmschroe@woodmeistercorp.com> wrote: >This is the error a user receives when he...

GP BOM should be able to select variable BOM from date or range
I had a request from prospect to see if GP could allow their Mfg Mgrs to create a cutoff or date range from which to select different BOMs. For example: They wish to change ingredients used in a dietary supplement starting Tuesday. Work orders from Tues onward would use an alternate BOM. All work orders prior to Tuesday would used the original BOM. There are other similar scenarios. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...

Change pivot chart options
Is it possible to modify fields through VB on pivotcharts? For instance I have a chart that shows sales per date. And I'd like to use the same chart to show sales by month or sales by week without the user having to move things around themselves. I can easily set up 2 different Pivotcharts but that seems redundant if they use the exact same layout and data. Thanks, ...

Change system message
When you have a combo box where you must choose something from a list and the list to list property is set to Yes the message that comes up is "The text you entered isn't an item in the list. Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items" I would like to personalize that message based on the control (this so I can change the message depending on the control - different control different message). Is there a way to do this? Thanks. Sarah, use something like this in the NotInList event for the combobox: Private Sub Combo10_NotInList(Ne...

changing columns in the select names dialog box
Outlook 2003 using Microsoft Exchange Server. 1) Is it possible to change which columns display and in what order in the "select columns" dialog box? 2) I have found that I can remove a column by dragging and sliding a column to the left against the next column on the left. Unfortunately I have removed some columns that I would like to see. How do I get the columns to appear again? Many thanks. Jeff 1) No.=20 2) That's a tricky one! It took a couple of minutes for me to figure = out. Position your mouse pointer exactly over the divider on the left = side of the colu...

Changing format of a particular point in a series (conditionally/vba)
I have a single series which is charted each month and want to automatically format one of the points (a bar) a different colour. Is it possible to do this automatically? thanks for any advice david marcus - note the email address will not work Hi! Click once on the particular bar where you wish to have different color, system will select all bars in the chart. Click once again, the system will select only the bar that you are clicking on. Call out Format Data Point and select the desired color or pattern. >-----Original Message----- >I have a single series which is charted eac...

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM
Dear all, i have a problem in uploading the report in CRM 3.0 I had already 'full' reinstall CRM, but the error still occurs. I also cannot create a new categories of reports. When i click 'OK' it cannot appears in the categories list!! Here is the error message. "Error Uploading report! An error accurs while trying to add the report to Microsoft CRM. Try adding the report again, if this problem continues, contact your system administrator" I use Win2003 Server Standard Edition with SQL 2000 Server, develope with Visual Studio 2003 and SQL Reporting Services. I a...

Change XY tick labels from numeric to text
Hi all. Hope you can help. I am exploring a huge dataset of data by U.S. zip codes. Each row is a zip code, the state the zip belongs to, the state number, and a count of widgets. 91234 AK 2 0.123 91872 AK 2 0.234 91232 AK 2 0.345 26271 AZ 3 0.111 23111 AZ 3 0.222 Although this might sound strange, I am graphing the entire dataset as an XY scatter plot --- with the state number as the x values and the widgets as the y-values. The resultant plot shows the distribution of widgets for each state very quickly and easily and all on one graph. I&#...

Remove the word 'total' from subtotals
Hi I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function After excel subtotals it inserts the word 'total' in the same line as the field being subtotal How can I remove total? I need to take the subtotaled info and upload it into another program and it will not work with the word totoal there Thanks Have you tried F2 and edit the cell contents to remove what you don't want? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 19:40:02 -0500, yahoo <nj530@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi > >I am doing a subtotal using hte sum function > >After excel subtotals it inserts the word '...

AD Auditing of user accounts
I am interested in auditing account logon's for a handful of domain accounts in our 2008 AD domain. I am familiar with setting up domain auditing via GPO but not sure how to accomplish this task: I want to know when this handful of users login and know their IP address. I would also like this event information to be forwarded to a single txt file on the network so that I dont have to check the eventlog on all the domain controllers. Thanks in advance. Hello RC, Check out the script from Richard, exaclty made for this: http://www.rlmueller.net/Logon5.htm Best regards ...

having one field display when another field changes
I have a field CHSTAT that updates in the original database I want a new field that will display something different as the CHSTAT updates and changes ie. CHSTAT = "10" new field = "Printed"......CHSTAT = 20 new field= "Located" Cheers!! In tables and fields you should have a table that has a field that has the CHSTAT values and a field that has the equivalent text values. Then you join that table to the current table in a query on the CHSTAT values. If you want to do this on a form, you could use a combobox to select the values. The source ...

Exchange CRM Router
I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get failures for all users. Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved because Active Directory could not be contacted for domain 'abc' Has anyone seem this before?? Any help would great. Thanks Stuart. hi stuart i have the same problem, do you have a dot in your domain name? "StuartM" wrote: > I'm trying to add the users using the Rule Deployment Wizard, except I get > failures for all users. > Details of the Failure: User 'xx' cannot be resolved becau...