How to change the REMIT number for EFT Payables

For some reason in GP 9.0 when set up the Remit number for EFT payables was
set to 4 digitis after Remit.  The problem now is that the remit numbers have
exceeded the 9999 and now are just showing as Remit0000 on all reports. How
do we change this to expand it to 6 or 7 numbers.  I do not see anywhere on
the Payable setup window nor on the checkbook maintenance window where this
can be changed.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0
Brad (219)

I'm up against the same situation where someone else set up EFT's and left no
documentation. Any assistance is appreciated.
--
Sandy
GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

"Brad" wrote:

> For some reason in GP 9.0 when set up the Remit number for EFT payables was
> set to 4 digitis after Remit.  The problem now is that the remit numbers have
> exceeded the 9999 and now are just showing as Remit0000 on all reports. How
> do we change this to expand it to 6 or 7 numbers.  I do not see anywhere on
> the Payable setup window nor on the checkbook maintenance window where this
> can be changed.
>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
0
GPGuyinAZ (79)
9/12/2008 7:39:02 PM
Is this a PM00400 number?  I don't recall for sure, but somehow changing the
number in the PM00400 seems to be the deal.  I don't have the app. or query
analyzer in front of me to check, but that's a place I would check and
perhaps test changing on a test company w/ restored live data or in Fabrikam.

"GP Guy in AZ" wrote:

> I'm up against the same situation where someone else set up EFT's and left no
> documentation. Any assistance is appreciated.
> --
> Sandy
> GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> "Brad" wrote:
>
> > For some reason in GP 9.0 when set up the Remit number for EFT payables was
> > set to 4 digitis after Remit.  The problem now is that the remit numbers have
> > exceeded the 9999 and now are just showing as Remit0000 on all reports. How
> > do we change this to expand it to 6 or 7 numbers.  I do not see anywhere on
> > the Payable setup window nor on the checkbook maintenance window where this
> > can be changed.
> >
> > Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
0
AdamEckroth (110)
9/13/2008 1:43:01 AM
The PM00400 does contain the generated number, but is not the source. Where
can I find the location of the "next" number, which I assume would also allow
changes to the field property.

Thanks

"Adam Eckroth" wrote:

> Is this a PM00400 number?  I don't recall for sure, but somehow changing the
> number in the PM00400 seems to be the deal.  I don't have the app. or query
> analyzer in front of me to check, but that's a place I would check and
> perhaps test changing on a test company w/ restored live data or in Fabrikam.
>
> "GP Guy in AZ" wrote:
>
> > I'm up against the same situation where someone else set up EFT's and left no
> > documentation. Any assistance is appreciated.
> > --
> > Sandy
> > GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> > "Brad" wrote:
> >
> > > For some reason in GP 9.0 when set up the Remit number for EFT payables was
> > > set to 4 digitis after Remit.  The problem now is that the remit numbers have
> > > exceeded the 9999 and now are just showing as Remit0000 on all reports. How
> > > do we change this to expand it to 6 or 7 numbers.  I do not see anywhere on
> > > the Payable setup window nor on the checkbook maintenance window where this
> > > can be changed.
> > >
> > > Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
0
GeorgeR (3)
11/20/2008 10:26:07 PM
With all due respect George, I think that is wher e you have to change it as
there is I don't think there is a user interface to change it...unless  there
is one in EFT Setup somewhere that I haven't seen..which it couldhave
possibly changed in version 10.

....I may be wrong, no one else has answered, but I don't think there is a
front-end user interface to change it like the next voucher number...if you
no one responds soon, you may want to open a case with Microsoft.

"George R" wrote:

> The PM00400 does contain the generated number, but is not the source. Where
> can I find the location of the "next" number, which I assume would also allow
> changes to the field property.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Adam Eckroth" wrote:
>
> > Is this a PM00400 number?  I don't recall for sure, but somehow changing the
> > number in the PM00400 seems to be the deal.  I don't have the app. or query
> > analyzer in front of me to check, but that's a place I would check and
> > perhaps test changing on a test company w/ restored live data or in Fabrikam.
> >
> > "GP Guy in AZ" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm up against the same situation where someone else set up EFT's and left no
> > > documentation. Any assistance is appreciated.
> > > --
> > > Sandy
> > > GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst
> > >
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

0
AdamEckroth (110)

Changing items from PO Generator to MRP Lot for Lot
I am changing items from PO Generator to MRP lot for lot in Item Resource planning. I have one component that I get this message: Order point must be the order policy when the item site combination is being used as a master site. Does anyone know what I do to get past this? I cant change the item from PO Generator to Lot for lot V10SP 3 thanks! -- Doug Master Sites allow PO generator to consolidate needs for one item and place one order for the item to ship to one site. Open the Item Refource Planning Maintenance window for the item in question, click on the PO Gen Item button to...

What is the formula for adding mulitple numbers in one excel cell.
Hi post your question as body of this message and also give some more details (e.g. an example) :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Merlin_au" <Merlin_au@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AD045ACC-AB63-4892-A96D-EAD88BA55548@microsoft.com... > ...

Changing security on Exchange...?
Hey! We are using People Soft, and we have some people working on the Portal part from PS. This Portal has some built in feature which is supposed to pull the inbox from OWA, once they are logged in to the Portal. For this to work they have sent me some instructions that has to be done on the Exchange side. One part is to change the security settings on "Default Web Site - Exchange" from Basic Auth. to Basic Auth. plus Anonymous Access. We are currently using this FE server with all the features, OWA, mobile devices syncing and stuff... will changing these settings possibly mes...

Changing formula to value/result
Hi experts, How do I go about changing the cell formula so that it becomes the result of the formula. Thank you! -- sutats ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sutats's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24565 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=387125 Here are 2 ways to convert formulas to their values: For 1 cell: Select the cell, then... Press [F2] (to edit) Press [F9] (to convert to the value) Press [Enter] (to commmit the value) Or (for multiple cells) Select the cells, ...

Change default colors for charting
I would like to change the default colors fot the lines and background in Excel charts. The default background is gray and wastes toner and the yellow default color for series 2 data is difficult to see on a white backgound. Anyone know where these are stored or how to change these settings? I know how to change the colors, but don't want to have to do this every time I chart. Thanks Hi, Jon has information on creating custom types. You can also update the Default chart type. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CreateCustomTypes.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft ...

Allow for user-defined labels to be changed in Customer Addresses
In Customer Address Maintenance, I would like to change the labels for the user defined fields using a setup and not using modifier. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default....

how do i keep a project from being changed when emailing
please help i donot want my work changed when i email. how do i protect it? Use PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. If you have 2007 Publisher there is a "save as" PDF converter add-in from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kpratt" <kpratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFBAF43A-AB03-4963-B71F-8B1D8EFEFDB4@microsoft.com... > please help i donot want my work changed whe...

Changing Autofill Preferences Outlook 2002
Is there anyway to reset the autofill choices that are presented when one addresses an email in Outlook 2002? I have deleted the contacts from the address book but autofill still suggests names/addresses that I no longer have. Thanks in advance. Al Either delete the suggestions one by one as they pop up or delete the entire ..nk2 file associated with your profile. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Al" <chonan@bigfoot.com&...

option to change keyboard language has dissapeared!
it used to be at the bottom right corner and it said EN. I want to put the keyboard to french. help! Re: option to change keyboard language has dissapeared! This is a feature of windows (not powerpoint) but ... Something along the lines of control panel > regional and language > languages > details > language bar > in their is the setting you want to turn the "en" bit back on cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "matt...

Random numbers, letters, pictures?
I have four questions about generating items randomly. I know how to generate numbers randomly, but how do I generate 1. Numbers less than 5 but greater than -1? 2. Two digit numbers. Also is it possible to generate random letters in a shape or text box and random pictures? I'm currently using the code below to generate my random numbers. Dim First As Integer Dim Second As Integer Dim Answer As Integer Sub Initalize() Randomize ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Next End Sub Sub RandomNumber() First = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 10)) Second = CStr(Int(Rnd() * 10)...

Changing active selection cursor
Is there a way for me to change the color or size of the active selection cursor? A coworker is having a problem with losing the location of the selected box on large spreadsheets and I am interested in finding a way to make it stand out more on the page. Anything would help... color, size, or maybe setting the selected box to blink... not sure what can be done. Thanks http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell from there you can also download rowliner which might be better for this situation Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Mistaken Creation" wrote: > Is there a w...

Exchange 2000 Server will be change IP address
We will change Exchange 2000 Server IP address . Which we need to reconfig? Exchange Server will be use private IP. 1. Which port require to open in firewall? 2. Which we need to reconfig in exchange? I change IP address in TCP/IP only. 1. You'll need to update the firewall to reflect a new prt 25 forwarding as well as 80/443 if you're providing OWA. 2. Exchange won't need any changes. Just do an nbtstat -R and an ipconfig /registerdns after you change the IP -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "TONY" <TONY@discussions.micros...

Ill Ex03 server, can't open event log or change services with msc
I have an exchange 2003 server which did not come up happily after a reboot which I forced after the latest IMF update. (Dell raid 5 powerdege Hardware seems OK) I have a message saying that " a service did not start" etc. What I did was start in safe mode and try to change the service start up manual, however althogh I could view the services, I could could not right click and change properties. Also I could view the event log, but not the properties for each event. I was, however able to edit the registry to change service properities. Reboot and go in in "un-safe&quo...

Data Validation
It's amazing how much time can be wasted trying variations of a custom formula in Data Validation without hitting on the right syntax :-( I have a cell (assume A1) formatted as a number to 2 decimal places. Normally a formula will enter the appropriate number in the cell, otherwise the formula will enter "". Sometimes the formula will be overwritten and a number will be entered manually. Because the number may be entered manually, I want to set a Data Validation check. Data Validation will need to allow both "" or any number (including 0.00). I was trying to...

Changing recordset/serverfilter from another form
Hi, I've been struggling with this for a long time now. I thought it would be a simple thing to do: I'm programming an ADP ontop of a SQL Server db. I have a form frmCustomers with a subform frmCustomersDetails , the subform displays one customer - with the use of Recordset = "Customers" and Serverfilter = "CustId = nnnn". It seems very okay (no?) and works mostly well to navigate to a customer with id nnn. And I have another form frmSearch, from which the user can enter the customer id and hit enter, and I try to set the frmCustomerDetails.Serverfilter t...

numbering event tickets
Hi, Is their a way to make an event/raffle ticket that will show/print the same number on one side and also a stub consecutively? Also have it start with whatever number you choose? thanks Bruce Setup your data base with your numbers. When you create your ticket, place a merge field on each side of the ticket. You can only have one ticket on your screen for the merge to be successful. Mail and catalog merge (2003) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge (2007) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Ma...

Changing Text Colors on Task List
I need to be able to change the color of specific task list entries in Outlook. Can anyone tell me how this can be accomplished? Thanks! Use the Automatic Formatting feature for this. While in the Tasks folder, click View | Current View | Customize Current View, then click the Automatic Formatting button. Set the formatting rules up as you want them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bob Bowers" <rbowers@levinco.com> wrote i...

How To Highlight a Number below a certain valuw
He I am running into trouble in my M.E. database, I can't find anything to make this When a certian number get's below a valuw, (*example 5) how can i make it light up in red or black automatically Hope someone knows the answe Thanks in advanc Greeting Eri (Srry for bad english) Hi Eric, When the cell is selected go to Format|Conditional Formatting. There set your condition and format your cell to your requirements. -- Regards, Marvin Hlavac Toronto, Canada "Eric" <eam.kramer@quicknet.nl> wrote > Hey > > I am running into trouble in my M.E...

Referencing a Sheet and Cell Location in Change Event of Combo Box
I have a combo box in Sheet1 of my workbook I would like after any ite is changed in it to go to Cell A4 of my Rates Worksheet in the sam workbook. Here is the code Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Sheets("Rates").Select Range("A4").Select End Sub It is breaking on this line here Range("A4").Select What do I need to change so that it can go to A4 of my Rates worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use this Sheets("Rates").Activate Sheets("Rates").Range("A4").Select Or Application.Goto Reference:=Worksheets...

Conditional Cell Number Formatting
I've looked back on several thousand messages or so and haven't seen this so here goes. I need to be able to set the numerical format of a cell based upon the contents of another cell. In other words if C1 is equal to x than the numerical format of C2 would be "00000" and if C1 equals y then the C2 cell's format would need to be set as 000000000000. I hope I've been clear, thanks!! All i could find in the usual help channels was concerning the formatting of contents with respect to font, colors, etc. VBA? Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target...

How do I change the name at the bottom of the calendar?
When I print out the calendar, the previous ofice managers' name appears at the bottom, how do I change that? "ACritchfield" wrote in message news:9CCE1BDD-8453-4025-B3F5-EE4955F1BC74@microsoft.com... > When I print out the calendar, the previous ofice managers' name > appears at > the bottom, how do I change that? Search the registry for your manager's name. It was probably the name and company he specified during the install of Windows. ...

Can you change the length of an excel chart data label?
The label is cutting off the number and I will need to change the length or scrap the label all together if the functionality is not available. Thanks for your help! A know bug. Some people have this problem other do not. Workaround: add some dots to the end of the title then format the dots to be invisible (in case others view the chart and do not have the 'bug') by making the font colour match the label's background colour (generally white) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Alia" <Alia@discussions.microsoft.c...

Investments to Watch DJIA Doesn't Change
I am using Money 2004 Premium and I added the DJIA to Investments to Watch. For some reason it still shows the the DJIA for 12-10-2003. It doesn't show the current value and change for the day. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? If you respond direct, remove k4wj from the email address. Thanks, John in Pembroke Pines, FL ...

Converting number to Alphabet
Hi, I got a table as follows: Yr Eng HR Sales 05 0 0 -1 06 0 -1 0 07 -1 -1 -1 Now while selecting the data I need to show the above as: NNS NHN EHS Here N is equivalent to 0 while if it is -1 then the value will be either E or H or S depenidng on which column belongs to. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Try this -- SELECT Jack.Yr, IIf([Eng]=0,"N","E") & IIf([HR]=0,"N","H") & IIf([Sales]=0,"N","S") AS Expr1 FROM Jack; -- KARL DEW...

Insert Row by a defined Number
I have a macro that inserts a line, how can i modify it to insert a line by a number in a cell corresponding to the row number? ex: J8: "22" Inserts a new row between rows 22 and 23 J8:"10" Inserts a new row between rows 10 and 11 -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475101 comotoman Wrote: > I have a macro that inserts a line, how can i modify it to in...