How to change number of decimal places on an exsiting item unit pr

The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places.
We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places.

When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places"
The audit reported generated report s the following message.

"Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated.
"Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated."

Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem?

Thanks

GO
0
Peter2031 (452)

As indicated by the error message, you cannot have any unposted inventory
transactions or open purchase orders.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Peter" wrote:

> The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places.
> We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places.
>
> When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places"
> The audit reported generated report s the following message.
>
> "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated.
> "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated."
>
> Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks
>

> GO
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/8/2009 6:24:01 PM
I've come across this issue before when one of our client said their
mark down value is not matching their old quick books. Similar error
message is what we encountered. So, I'll tell you what we adopted.
However, Please be sure that You have a valid backup and do this
script and post script verify your balances and any impacts.

UPDATE IV00105 SET DECPLCUR =3D 5 WHERE ITEMNMBR =3D 'ITEMNUMBERHERE' AND
CURNCYID =3D 'YOURCURRENCY'

Replace Itemnumberhere and Yourcurrency above with your respective
values.

Before running this script ensure all your batches are posted in
POP,SOP and Inventory. Post script, Run Check Links on Inventory.
Please be advised that this may or may not change the old balances
already posted.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On May 8, 9:19=A0pm, Peter <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places.
> We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places.
>
> When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Plac=
es"
> The audit reported generated report s the following message.
>
> "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated.
> "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be update=
d."

> Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks
>
> GO

0
janakirammp (688)
5/8/2009 7:14:13 PM
Peter

I forgot to mention that after running the script when you check
links, the updated currency decimals will be restored on Item master
Table as well IV00101.

PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO DO BACKUP OF DATA PRIOR TO ANY SQL UPDATE ON
GP

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

On May 8, 10:14=A0pm, "Janakiram M.P." <janakira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've come across this issue before when one of our client said their
> mark down value is not matching their old quick books. Similar error
> message is what we encountered. So, I'll tell you what we adopted.
> However, Please be sure that You have a valid backup and do this
> script and post script verify your balances and any impacts.
>
> UPDATE IV00105 SET DECPLCUR =3D 5 WHERE ITEMNMBR =3D 'ITEMNUMBERHERE' AND
> CURNCYID =3D 'YOURCURRENCY'
>
> Replace Itemnumberhere and Yourcurrency above with your respective
> values.
>
> Before running this script ensure all your batches are posted in
> POP,SOP and Inventory. Post script, Run Check Links on Inventory.
> Please be advised that this may or may not change the old balances
> already posted.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>
> On May 8, 9:19=A0pm, Peter <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places.
> > We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places.
>
> > When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Pl=
aces"
> > The audit reported generated report s the following message.
>
> > "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated.
> > "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be upda=
ted."

> > Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem?
>
> > Thanks
>
> > GO- Hide quoted text -

janakirammp (688)
5/8/2009 7:18:56 PM
Guys,

I guess it’s just easier to post open transactions that has the needed item
than forcing GP to change the decimals! You might have problems with current
open transactions, it will not be changed.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Janakiram M.P." wrote:

> Peter
>
> I forgot to mention that after running the script when you check
> links, the updated currency decimals will be restored on Item master
> Table as well IV00101.
>
> PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO DO BACKUP OF DATA PRIOR TO ANY SQL UPDATE ON
> GP
>
> Thanks
> Janakiram M.P.
> MCP-GP
>

> On May 8, 10:14 pm, "Janakiram M.P." <janakira...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've come across this issue before when one of our client said their
> > mark down value is not matching their old quick books. Similar error
> > message is what we encountered. So, I'll tell you what we adopted.
> > However, Please be sure that You have a valid backup and do this
> > script and post script verify your balances and any impacts.
> >
> > UPDATE IV00105 SET DECPLCUR = 5 WHERE ITEMNMBR = 'ITEMNUMBERHERE' AND
> > CURNCYID = 'YOURCURRENCY'
> >
> > Replace Itemnumberhere and Yourcurrency above with your respective
> > values.
> >
> > Before running this script ensure all your batches are posted in
> > POP,SOP and Inventory. Post script, Run Check Links on Inventory.
> > Please be advised that this may or may not change the old balances
> > already posted.
> >
> > Hope this helps!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Janakiram M.P.
> > MCP-GP
> >
> > On May 8, 9:19 pm, Peter <Pe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >

> > > The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places.
> > > We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places.
> >
> > > When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places"
> > > The audit reported generated report s the following message.
> >
> > > "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated.
> > > "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated."
> >
> > > Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem?
> >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > > GO- Hide quoted text -

The error message exists to prevent people from changing 4 decimals to 2 and
loosing some values.  Imagine if an item sold for 0.0456 each and a customer
purchased 1000.  The total would be 45.60.  Now if you changed the decimals,
the new total would only be 40.00 and the company looses 5.60 on the sale.

Going the other way can be done but only through SQL.  You need to change
the IV00101 table, the price list table, the sales line items, the purchasing
line item table, and any serial or lot number tables that contain a number of
decimal places field such as DECPLCUR (it actually goes by several field
names, check the resource descriptions).

Note that 1=0 decimal places, 2=1 decimal places, 3=2 decimal places, et
cetera.  Why they did not start with 0=0 I don't know but make sure you use
these values.

OF COURSE......

BACK UP .......BACK UP.......BACK UP   FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try in in a test company first.

BTW, our book Information Flow and Posting talks about how all the tables
are used and the codes (like the 1=0 decimal listing).
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Peter" wrote:

> The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places.
> We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places.
>
> When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places"
> The audit reported generated report s the following message.
>
> "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated.
> "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated."
>
> Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem?
>
> Thanks
>

> GO
0
info4071 (3005)
5/9/2009 9:58:00 PM
Richard I own all your GP books they have been in valuable to me.
Can you direct me to the chapter you are referring to.

Thanks
Peter

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> The error message exists to prevent people from changing 4 decimals to 2 and
> loosing some values.  Imagine if an item sold for 0.0456 each and a customer
> purchased 1000.  The total would be 45.60.  Now if you changed the decimals,
> the new total would only be 40.00 and the company looses 5.60 on the sale.
>
> Going the other way can be done but only through SQL.  You need to change
> the IV00101 table, the price list table, the sales line items, the purchasing
> line item table, and any serial or lot number tables that contain a number of
> decimal places field such as DECPLCUR (it actually goes by several field
> names, check the resource descriptions).
>
> Note that 1=0 decimal places, 2=1 decimal places, 3=2 decimal places, et
> cetera.  Why they did not start with 0=0 I don't know but make sure you use
> these values.
>
> OF COURSE......
>
> BACK UP .......BACK UP.......BACK UP   FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Try in in a test company first.
>

> BTW, our book Information Flow and Posting talks about how all the tables
> are used and the codes (like the 1=0 decimal listing).
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Peter" wrote:
>

> > The existing item unit price is set to 2 decimal places.
> > We need the item currency decimals set to 4 places.
> >
> > When we run the utility "Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Change Decimal Places"
> > The audit reported generated report s the following message.
> >
> > "Item exists on an inventory transaction and could not be updated.
> > "Item exists on a Purchase Order processing transaction and not be updated."
> >
> > Is there anythin I can do to solve the problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > GO
0
Peter2031 (452)

Receipt not in Item Transaction Inquiry
I have a client that uses project accounting. They have received against a purchase order. The receipt shows up in the Purchase Receipts Inquiry, but does not show up in the Item Transaction Inquiry. What could be causing this? ...

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

number rounding in MS Excel

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

Rounding Numbers #3

Changing language

Workplace Queues

Right clicking on a CListCtrl item
I have a TreeCtl object in a dialog box. I created an OnNMRclick.. override function to capture a right clicks. The problem I can't figure out is how to find the tree item that the user has right clicked on. Here's what I tried: void CRestoreFiles::OnNMRclickXYZ(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult) POINT CurPos; TVHITTESTINFO lpht; HTREEITEM RightClickItem; GetCursorPos(&CurPos); lpht.pt = CurPos; RightClickItem = TreeView_HitTest(pNMHDR->hwndFrom,&lpht); ... I figured that GetCursorPos would give me the position of the cursor where I had right clicke...