How to add SY03900 table in the Sales Report?

Dynamics GP Sales Order line item descriptions are limited to 100 characters
only. Our company needs more than that and we decided to enter it in the Item
Notes field. We are not using the Line Item Notes field when we create
quotations as we have other usage for that as well.

My question is, how do I add and print the Item Notes field in the
customized Quotation Form when I can't seem to add table SY03900 in the
report itself?

Please help!
0
derf1 (18)

Hi Derf,

Since you have mentioned that you want to show the Item Notes in Customized
Quotation Form, I assume that you are working on a 3rd Party product chunk
for this report.

With that as Basis: You can write a RW Function (Report Writer Function) to
retrieve the string value and show that in the Report using a Calculated
Field.

1. Write a function that will take Item Number as Input parameter and by
getting the Note Index from IV00101 table, go to SY03900 to fetch the Note
Contents. This will be returned from this function. So the function will
typically return a TEXT value.

2. Create a Calculated Field in Report Writer, by linking this RW Function
to it.

The method explained above is a bit a rough draft, which you may need to
streamline based on your logic and requirement. But the bottomline: You have
to write a Report Writer function to achieve this.

--
Thanks
Vaidy

"derf" wrote:

> Dynamics GP Sales Order line item descriptions are limited to 100 characters
> only. Our company needs more than that and we decided to enter it in the Item
> Notes field. We are not using the Line Item Notes field when we create
> quotations as we have other usage for that as well.
>
> My question is, how do I add and print the Item Notes field in the
> customized Quotation Form when I can't seem to add table SY03900 in the
> report itself?
>
> Please help!
0
Vaidy (155)
4/6/2009 9:13:02 AM
Thanks for the response, Viady. The truth is, I'm not sure if we're working
on a 3rd Party product chunk. My technical know-how in GP is only basic, and
I only know that we are able to do report customizations. We have the feature
Customization Site License but when I asked our Consultant if we have VBA
Modifier he said we do not.

I tried creating a new function using the Function tab, but I don't think
this is the right window I'm accessing since there are already existing
functions to choose from and there's no option for me to create from scratch.
Am I on the right track? :(

"Vaidy" wrote:

> Hi Derf,
>
> Since you have mentioned that you want to show the Item Notes in Customized
> Quotation Form, I assume that you are working on a 3rd Party product chunk
> for this report.
>
> With that as Basis: You can write a RW Function (Report Writer Function) to
> retrieve the string value and show that in the Report using a Calculated
> Field.
>
> 1. Write a function that will take Item Number as Input parameter and by
> getting the Note Index from IV00101 table, go to SY03900 to fetch the Note
> Contents. This will be returned from this function. So the function will
> typically return a TEXT value.
>
> 2. Create a Calculated Field in Report Writer, by linking this RW Function
> to it.
>
> The method explained above is a bit a rough draft, which you may need to
> streamline based on your logic and requirement. But the bottomline: You have
> to write a Report Writer function to achieve this.
>

> --
> Thanks
> Vaidy
> http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com
>

> "derf" wrote:
>
> > Dynamics GP Sales Order line item descriptions are limited to 100 characters
> > only. Our company needs more than that and we decided to enter it in the Item
> > Notes field. We are not using the Line Item Notes field when we create
> > quotations as we have other usage for that as well.
> >
> > My question is, how do I add and print the Item Notes field in the
> > customized Quotation Form when I can't seem to add table SY03900 in the
> > report itself?
> >
> > Please help!
0
derf1 (18)
4/6/2009 9:50:01 AM
How did you customize your Report? I think, that's using Report Modifier.
With only Report Modifier alone, you cannot achieve this.

Either you need VBA or you have to work on a new chunk for this report and
the function which I mentioned earlier.

With GP, you also get Dexterity Development Tool, so if it is OK to have a
chunk, you can use Dexterity to get this change done. But this is very small
change to have a chunk.

Let me think and get back with the most easy and feasible option for you.

--
Thanks
Vaidy

"derf" wrote:

> Thanks for the response, Viady. The truth is, I'm not sure if we're working
> on a 3rd Party product chunk. My technical know-how in GP is only basic, and
> I only know that we are able to do report customizations. We have the feature
> Customization Site License but when I asked our Consultant if we have VBA
> Modifier he said we do not.
>
> I tried creating a new function using the Function tab, but I don't think
> this is the right window I'm accessing since there are already existing
> functions to choose from and there's no option for me to create from scratch.
> Am I on the right track? :(
>
> "Vaidy" wrote:
>
> > Hi Derf,
> >
> > Since you have mentioned that you want to show the Item Notes in Customized
> > Quotation Form, I assume that you are working on a 3rd Party product chunk
> > for this report.
> >
> > With that as Basis: You can write a RW Function (Report Writer Function) to
> > retrieve the string value and show that in the Report using a Calculated
> > Field.
> >
> > 1. Write a function that will take Item Number as Input parameter and by
> > getting the Note Index from IV00101 table, go to SY03900 to fetch the Note
> > Contents. This will be returned from this function. So the function will
> > typically return a TEXT value.
> >
> > 2. Create a Calculated Field in Report Writer, by linking this RW Function
> > to it.
> >
> > The method explained above is a bit a rough draft, which you may need to
> > streamline based on your logic and requirement. But the bottomline: You have
> > to write a Report Writer function to achieve this.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks
> > Vaidy
> > http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com
> >

> > "derf" wrote:
> >
> > > Dynamics GP Sales Order line item descriptions are limited to 100 characters
> > > only. Our company needs more than that and we decided to enter it in the Item
> > > Notes field. We are not using the Line Item Notes field when we create
> > > quotations as we have other usage for that as well.
> > >
> > > My question is, how do I add and print the Item Notes field in the
> > > customized Quotation Form when I can't seem to add table SY03900 in the
> > > report itself?
> > >
> > > Please help!
0
Vaidy (155)
4/6/2009 10:06:22 AM
Yes, we are using Report Modifier and we don't have VBA. The only thing is
that I can't create a new function.

I appreciate your effort in helping me. I do hope there's a workaround for
this.

Thanks.

**Derf

"Vaidy" wrote:

> How did you customize your Report? I think, that's using Report Modifier.
> With only Report Modifier alone, you cannot achieve this.
>
> Either you need VBA or you have to work on a new chunk for this report and
> the function which I mentioned earlier.
>
> With GP, you also get Dexterity Development Tool, so if it is OK to have a
> chunk, you can use Dexterity to get this change done. But this is very small
> change to have a chunk.
>
> Let me think and get back with the most easy and feasible option for you.
>

> --
> Thanks
> Vaidy
> http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com
>

> "derf" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the response, Viady. The truth is, I'm not sure if we're working
> > on a 3rd Party product chunk. My technical know-how in GP is only basic, and
> > I only know that we are able to do report customizations. We have the feature
> > Customization Site License but when I asked our Consultant if we have VBA
> > Modifier he said we do not.
> >
> > I tried creating a new function using the Function tab, but I don't think
> > this is the right window I'm accessing since there are already existing
> > functions to choose from and there's no option for me to create from scratch.
> > Am I on the right track? :(
> >
> > "Vaidy" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Derf,
> > >
> > > Since you have mentioned that you want to show the Item Notes in Customized
> > > Quotation Form, I assume that you are working on a 3rd Party product chunk
> > > for this report.
> > >
> > > With that as Basis: You can write a RW Function (Report Writer Function) to
> > > retrieve the string value and show that in the Report using a Calculated
> > > Field.
> > >
> > > 1. Write a function that will take Item Number as Input parameter and by
> > > getting the Note Index from IV00101 table, go to SY03900 to fetch the Note
> > > Contents. This will be returned from this function. So the function will
> > > typically return a TEXT value.
> > >
> > > 2. Create a Calculated Field in Report Writer, by linking this RW Function
> > > to it.
> > >
> > > The method explained above is a bit a rough draft, which you may need to
> > > streamline based on your logic and requirement. But the bottomline: You have
> > > to write a Report Writer function to achieve this.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Thanks
> > > Vaidy
> > > http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com

0
derf1 (18)
4/6/2009 11:13:01 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_7BAE2F97

Hi Derf

There are Knowledge Base (KB) Articles which explain how to create the relationship from the item master to the record notes master
table so it can be added to the SOP documents.

You might find using RW_GetNoteText() a simpler method, this would allow you to break the note into lines of upto 80 characters.  See
this post for more info.

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/01/using-the-built-in-report-writer-functions.aspx

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_7BAE2F97

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Derf
\par
\par There are Knowledge Base (KB) Articles which explain how to create the relationship from the item master to the record notes master table so it can be added to the SOP documents.
\par
\par You might find using RW_GetNoteText() a simpler method, this would allow you to break the note into lines of upto 80 characters.  See this post for more info.
\par
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/01/using-the-built-in-report-writer-functions.aspx
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_7BAE2F97--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
4/6/2009 1:09:44 PM
Hi David,

I was just reading the same article this morning. This is of tremendous help.

--
Thanks
Vaidy

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Derf
>
> There are Knowledge Base (KB) Articles which explain how to create the relationship from the item master to the record notes master
> table so it can be added to the SOP documents.
>
> You might find using RW_GetNoteText() a simpler method, this would allow you to break the note into lines of upto 80 characters.  See
> this post for more info.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/01/using-the-built-in-report-writer-functions.aspx
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
Vaidy (155)
4/7/2009 2:14:18 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_7EA70575

Hi Vaidy

Glad you find it useful, it is nice to know that the blog is helping people.

Keep up the good work with your blog too (http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/). Free plug. :-)

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_7EA70575

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Vaidy
\par
\par Glad you find it useful, it is nice to know that the blog is helping people.
\par
\par Keep up the good work with your blog too (http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/). Free plug. :-)
\par
\par David
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_7EA70575--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
4/7/2009 3:05:50 AM
Hi Derf,

Please check this article on my blog,
http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/2009/04/displaying-note-text-on-gp-report.html,
for one solution to your need.

There is also a sample package file that you can download (provided if you
are on GP10.0) for your reference.

Thanks to David, for the inputs that he had provided us as a reply to your
query.

--
Thanks
Vaidy

"derf" wrote:

> Yes, we are using Report Modifier and we don't have VBA. The only thing is
> that I can't create a new function.
>
> I appreciate your effort in helping me. I do hope there's a workaround for
> this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> **Derf
>
> "Vaidy" wrote:
>

> > How did you customize your Report? I think, that's using Report Modifier.
> > With only Report Modifier alone, you cannot achieve this.
> >
> > Either you need VBA or you have to work on a new chunk for this report and
> > the function which I mentioned earlier.
> >
> > With GP, you also get Dexterity Development Tool, so if it is OK to have a
> > chunk, you can use Dexterity to get this change done. But this is very small
> > change to have a chunk.
> >
> > Let me think and get back with the most easy and feasible option for you.
> >

> > --
> > Thanks
> > Vaidy
> > http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com
> >

> > "derf" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the response, Viady. The truth is, I'm not sure if we're working
> > > on a 3rd Party product chunk. My technical know-how in GP is only basic, and
> > > I only know that we are able to do report customizations. We have the feature
> > > Customization Site License but when I asked our Consultant if we have VBA
> > > Modifier he said we do not.
> > >
> > > I tried creating a new function using the Function tab, but I don't think
> > > this is the right window I'm accessing since there are already existing
> > > functions to choose from and there's no option for me to create from scratch.

0
Vaidy (155)
4/7/2009 6:22:03 PM
Thank you so, so, so much to both you and David! I find it amazing to know
there are still people who share their time, knowledge, and expertise without
so much expecting for a return.

God bless you two! :)

**Derf

"Vaidy" wrote:

> Hi Derf,
>
> Please check this article on my blog,
> http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/2009/04/displaying-note-text-on-gp-report.html,
> for one solution to your need.
>
> There is also a sample package file that you can download (provided if you
> are on GP10.0) for your reference.
>
> Thanks to David, for the inputs that he had provided us as a reply to your
> query.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Vaidy
> http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com
>

> "derf" wrote:
>
> > Yes, we are using Report Modifier and we don't have VBA. The only thing is
> > that I can't create a new function.
> >
> > I appreciate your effort in helping me. I do hope there's a workaround for
> > this.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > **Derf
> >
> > "Vaidy" wrote:
> >

> > > How did you customize your Report? I think, that's using Report Modifier.
> > > With only Report Modifier alone, you cannot achieve this.
> > >
> > > Either you need VBA or you have to work on a new chunk for this report and
> > > the function which I mentioned earlier.
> > >
> > > With GP, you also get Dexterity Development Tool, so if it is OK to have a
> > > chunk, you can use Dexterity to get this change done. But this is very small
> > > change to have a chunk.
> > >
> > > Let me think and get back with the most easy and feasible option for you.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Thanks
> > > Vaidy
> > > http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com

0
derf1 (18)
4/8/2009 7:17:01 AM
Vaidy,
I am trying to add a customer note to the bottom of our picking ticket.  It
seems like it should be an easy thing, but I just can't seem to get it done.
I am using GP9.  I read your article and had one question that I couldn't
seem to find in your screen shots, how do I specify the 80 characters and the
array index of 1?

I would appreicate any help you could give me.

I'm also trying to make the picking ticket in order entered actually print
by bin number.  I can do it but my reports keeps page breaking on each bin.
Do you know of an easy way to fix?

Thanks again for your help,

"Vaidy" wrote:

> Hi Derf,
>
> Please check this article on my blog,
> http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com/2009/04/displaying-note-text-on-gp-report.html,
> for one solution to your need.
>
> There is also a sample package file that you can download (provided if you
> are on GP10.0) for your reference.
>
> Thanks to David, for the inputs that he had provided us as a reply to your
> query.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Vaidy
> http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com
>

> "derf" wrote:
>
> > Yes, we are using Report Modifier and we don't have VBA. The only thing is
> > that I can't create a new function.
> >
> > I appreciate your effort in helping me. I do hope there's a workaround for
> > this.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > **Derf
> >
> > "Vaidy" wrote:
> >

> > > How did you customize your Report? I think, that's using Report Modifier.
> > > With only Report Modifier alone, you cannot achieve this.
> > >
> > > Either you need VBA or you have to work on a new chunk for this report and
> > > the function which I mentioned earlier.
> > >
> > > With GP, you also get Dexterity Development Tool, so if it is OK to have a
> > > chunk, you can use Dexterity to get this change done. But this is very small
> > > change to have a chunk.
> > >
> > > Let me think and get back with the most easy and feasible option for you.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Thanks
> > > Vaidy
> > > http://www.vaidy-dyngp.com

------=_NextPart_0001_1C0887D6

Hi Leslie

The number of characters (80) and line number (1, 2, 3 etc) are added as integer constants.

Hope this helps

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_1C0887D6

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Leslie
\par
\par The number of characters (80) and line number (1, 2, 3 etc) are added as integer constants.
\par
\par Hope this helps
\par
\par David
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_1C0887D6--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
6/29/2009 7:00:21 AM
Hi David,

Thanks for replying to this query. I did not receive any notifications and
was also out of posts for quite sometime. Thanks again.

@Leslie: Though it is late in replying, to your query (in addition to what
David had mentioned) you need to add as many number of calculated fields as
needed (for instance if you want to show 3 lines of the Note Text, then add 3
calculated fields).

For the first Calculated Field, call the RW function with 80 as the number
of characters and then an integer value 1 to denote the function to retrieve
the first set of 80 characters from the Note Text. Likewise, call the
function on the other Calculated fields with 2 and 3 as the second parameter
values.

Note that if the note text contain less than/equal to 80 characters, then
the other fields will show empty and it will also unnecessarily grab some
real estate on the report. So you may have to try suppressing these fields on
empty.

Hope it helps.

--
Thanks
Vaidy Mohan

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Leslie
>
> The number of characters (80) and line number (1, 2, 3 etc) are added as integer constants.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> David
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
VaidyMohan (20)
7/3/2009 10:40:05 AM
Good day,

I need assistance after we upgrade from v6 to v10 we did not transfer the
debtors notes now the users needed the notes.  Is there a way to be able to
import them into v10 although new notes has been created already.

Regards
Hannu

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Derf
>
> There are Knowledge Base (KB) Articles which explain how to create the relationship from the item master to the record notes master
> table so it can be added to the SOP documents.
>
> You might find using RW_GetNoteText() a simpler method, this would allow you to break the note into lines of upto 80 characters.  See
> this post for more info.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/09/01/using-the-built-in-report-writer-functions.aspx
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
Hannu (3)
9/7/2009 11:41:01 AM
Does report writer like 'enter' or 'tab' in the notes?  I ran into a
situation where the function would not print correctly.  When I rekeyed the
note with just alphanumberic data and spaces, it prints correctly.

"Vaidy Mohan" wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Thanks for replying to this query. I did not receive any notifications and
> was also out of posts for quite sometime. Thanks again.
>
> @Leslie: Though it is late in replying, to your query (in addition to what
> David had mentioned) you need to add as many number of calculated fields as
> needed (for instance if you want to show 3 lines of the Note Text, then add 3
> calculated fields).
>
> For the first Calculated Field, call the RW function with 80 as the number
> of characters and then an integer value 1 to denote the function to retrieve
> the first set of 80 characters from the Note Text. Likewise, call the
> function on the other Calculated fields with 2 and 3 as the second parameter
> values.
>
> Note that if the note text contain less than/equal to 80 characters, then
> the other fields will show empty and it will also unnecessarily grab some
> real estate on the report. So you may have to try suppressing these fields on
> empty.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> --
> Thanks
> Vaidy Mohan
> www.vaidy-dyngp.com
>

> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi Leslie
> >
> > The number of characters (80) and line number (1, 2, 3 etc) are added as integer constants.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > David
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> >
> > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
0
tree309 (56)
9/9/2009 9:51:01 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_D75CEF03

Use Enter for a new line, use tab to indent.

It probably would prefer spaces to indent rather than tabs, as exactly what a tab means differs from application to application.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_D75CEF03

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Use Enter for a new line, use tab to indent.
\par
\par It probably would prefer spaces to indent rather than tabs, as exactly what a tab means differs from application to application.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_D75CEF03--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

Sales for outlook #4
Well i just did my second installation of MS CRM Everything works fine except for the sales for outlook. The task buttons on top like create crm contact and 'crm activity' et work fine. But when i try to open one of the folders lik accounts/leads etc.. I am getting this error. I don't know where t look for the solution I am using Microsoft Business Solutions CRM Version 1.2 release fro MSDN cd april 2004 disc 2664 this is my error code i get when tyring to open one of the folder Server Error in '/' Application ------------------------------------------------------------...

Split into 2 tables?
Hi all, I have a pond database I'm working on. We have weather data and notes associated with a set of data collected for one pond on one day. We have "current weather" (current weather noted for the day - ambient temperature, wind speed, etc.) and "previous weather" which consists of notes about what the weather has been like the past day or two. These data are contained in one table linked to the main pond data table via foreign key... Should they be split into 2 tables - one for current weather, one for previous weather? What are the questions o...

I don't see the Pivot table field list window
Hi, I am trying to generate a chart from an excell file which contains my data. After selecting all rows and columns, I go to Data > Pivot table and pivot chart report. Wizard show that I ahve selected the Excell list and Pivot table. But when I click Finish button, it does not show the Pivot table field list window. How can I view this window to drag data for the rows and columns in order to get the report/chart. This works on my wife's computer but does not work on my computer at my work. Thanks, Zafar Hi Zafar, Most likely it has been turned off. Display the Pivot Table to...

Rite Label
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C4B449.8A793CB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone, =20 We have been receiving a lot of product improvement suggestions and = requests from customers with our Rite Label program and I wanted to = announce we have just released a newer version that incorporates the = most requested features. =20 For those of you that don't know what Rite Label is or want to test out = the new version, you can download it at = www.rite.us/custom/ritel...

Stored procedures/automated reports
I want to automate reports (run stored procedures) in Access so they can be e-mailed to specific managers on a weekly basis. I'm pretty good with GUIs and Wizards, but might not understand really technical explanations, so please help me along. Thx mb You might start by posting details, including your Office version, in an = Access programming forum. This newsgroup is for general usage issues = related to Microsoft Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programm...

Add page breaks after a certain number of cells in a column meet a condition
Hi I'm trying to insert a page break after a certain number (26) of cells, with length >=21, is exceeded I've grabbed snippets of code from here and there but can't get it to work. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ritchi Sub InsertPageBreak() 'insert a page break after the count of cells in column 1 with a defined length (>=21 by default) is exceeded (26 is the default count to trigger a page insert) Application.ScreenUpdating = False ActiveSheet.Activate Dim CountOfItems As Long CountOfItems = 0 Call PageBreaksHorizontalRemove lr = Ce...

Add Third Party DLL to BSP. Dirs file. Bib file. @CESYSGEN
This is probably a long way to a short question/answer CE 6.0 R3. The install is correct. I am adding a Third Party Drive Driver to a BSP. I have created the appropiate Subproject in the BSP Added the ThirdParty.dll,ThirdPart.res and ThirdParty.reg I have created an appropiate Sources file which creates a dummylib along with a WINCETARGETFILES = BinaryCopy I have created an appropiate makefile.inc wich contains the BinaryCopy which moves the .dll and .rel to the release and target directories. I have added the ThirdParty as a catalog Item. Modules: ThirdParty.dll Sysgen Var...

How to anchor a picture within a table?
I'm working on a manual with screenshots, when I insert them withing a row in a table they flop all over the palce. Is there any way to anchor them to the row itself? Flop all over the place? Geez, that is something I'd like to see. Just position the picture (left, center, right, top, middle, bottom, whatever). -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "chrisbukovac" <chrisbukovac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97470A71-E33E-484D-B947-09F1FB33866A@microsoft.com... > I'm working on a manual with screenshots, when I insert them withing...

Actual work reported by resources in PWA gets overwritten
We are using PS 2007, resources submitting actual work via PWA "My Task". PM accepts changes. In some cases we have noticed that actual has been overwritten by numbers with lots of decimals (looks like some sort of automatic leveling). In the approval history I still see original figures. In admin we have settings protecting actual work. Where can this be coming from and how to get correct numbers back? Thanks in advance Vera This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060607060308000306050003 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Co...

Pivot table
The item i want in my data field is text (words). I do not want a count or a sum of this data. Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table? It is possible to show text fields as first, second, third... item in Rows or Columns. I never had them in Data section. -- Topola Not in the data fields--they're numeric summaries. You can put them in the row/column or page field, though. pum75 wrote: > > The item i want in my data field is text (words). I do not want a count or a > sum of this data. Is there any way to see text data in a pivot table? -- Dave Peterson ...

convert table from WordPerfect to Excel?
I've inherited a 17 page table in WP and would like to export/save/transfer it to Excel. I've tried various saving methods from WP and several importing methods into Excel, but with no luck so far. I'm asking here and in a WordPerfect group, but I'm not sure which is the best place to ask. The table has four columns. 1st - date, 2nd - a lot of text, 3rd - number, and 4th a number. I will need to total columns 3 and 4 and perform some other calculations on the results. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks Diane If you can save the table as a text file, you should...

Need to add up some cells in an certain way
In my worksheet, I want to look for a Value in Column L and then look at the Value in Column I on the same Row and add these "Column I" values together and put the result in a Cell on another page(Sheet2 C3). Can anyone help with a formula. Thanks.............. ...

Back ordered items report
2007 Jun 19 I have the purchasing analysis options window open. I am trying to print the back ordered items received. Item numbers have been entered in the restriction field but the report is blank. The items have been set up in inventory to allow backorders. Any ideas or solutions Thanks, Jacqueline Chay This perhaps is a dumb question but you left it unanswered....do you KNOW that there are items on backorder? Are there backorder type documents in the SOP work tables? Are there Order type documents that have items that are marked as backordered (Qty to Backorder >0)? -- Ric...

Posted PA Billings Show up in RM_OPEN Table
Hello, I am writing a utility that exports all posted sales related data and noticed something unexpected. When a bill is posted in Project Accounting, not only is it moved to the PA_Billing_HDR_OPEN table, but it is also added to the RM_OPEN table. The BCHSOURC for this transaciton is XRM_Sales, which is also the case when posting a transaction directly from the Transaction Entry form without using a batch. The problem occurs because I export these posted Transaction Entry transactions, while also exporting the detailed information directly from the Project Accounting module. I d...

Outlook Scheduling Add-On
I have a client that would like to purchase an addon for Outlook / Exchange (both 2003) that will enable them to do the following: "We need to be able to sort on initials (of each individual), dates, location and event. We need to be able to isolate one individual's calendar from the group in a flash, and be able to print that copy of the inidivual's calendar." Does anyone have any suggestions on products they currently use to accomplish this. Thanks, Mike ...

Unable to open dictionary (Reports.dic)
I am upgrading Great Plains 7.5 to version 9.0. I installed a new Great Plains server, but when trying to open reports I receive the following error message: "Unable to open dictionary :C:Program Files/Microsoft Dynamics/GP/Reports.dic" I received this error message before and after copying the Reports.dic file from the version 7.5 server to the 9.0 server. When trying to use the export feature on the "Customization Maintenance" window, Great Plains has disabled that feature. I have also been unsuccessful at using the Great Plains Utilities. Thanks for your help....

MRP Reporting
I'm trying to create a report (in Crystal) based on the MRP Months table (MP010330) to show selected info for each item for each planned period, but can't figure out how to handle the dates. In MP010330 if I run a regen today (8/14/08) and go out 6 months the result for any given item would be one row with a date of 8/13 for all past info, one row dated 8/14 for the current months, and additional rows dated 9/1, 10/1, etc. based on the number of months planned. I can find the right row for the current month by comparing the date field in MP010330 to the run start date for the...

Pivot Table Formula #4
Looking for formula which will answer a true/false...for example, did customer A have activity in January? Using count now but generating number of times customer A had activity...need to just have formula state 1 for True, blank for false. ...

2 subtotals from one report
Access 2000. I have an employee database with employee hours worked, miles driven, expenses,date etc. I need a report for payroll reporting purposes. The employee pay period is every two weeks. Sun. of the first week to Sat. of the next week (14 days). I can very easily create a report showing each day worked and a Sum of hours, expenses etc. using a between statement in the query showing the correct date range of the pay period. I have been asked to create a report that will have a subtotal for the first week, let say 42.1 hours, and a subtotal for the second week lets say 40.0 h...

Sales Transaction
Hello all, I had a Invoice transaction in GP 8 sp 2 that was voided.. Now where I try and get back to transaction > Sales Transaction Entry. I get an error message that says "Your prevous tranaction-level posting session has not finished processing. Please allow time for it to finish. If you beleive it has failed, log out of GP and log back in to recover transactions" I tried to check links, log back in as it says. reconcile. so far nothing has worked.. I did a log and can't seem to find the right table where this is being held up at.. any help would be great. .TIA Neve...

Pivot Tables w/ blanks
Can anyone help me. I am using pivot tables to sort out survey data that has numeric values. The data I'm using has no response in some cases which leaves the cell blank. My pivot table will sort and count the data that has values fine but when the cell is blank the only counts I get are 0(zero). Sample Data: Reason for visit? 3 2 1 1 3 2 3 1 table results 1 = 3 2 = 2 3 = 3 blank = 0 blank should = 3 Thanks in advance for any help. Yes Debra that worked... thank you very much! "Debra Dalgleish" wrote: > Do you have other fields in the list, that have a value in e...

Report Import Question
I am kinda a "newbie" to GP. How do you get around the issue of not being able to import a report package unless all users are out of GP? Is there some kind of trick here? I was told that you can change something or the report location and then copy it down, work on it and then copy it back to it's original location. What do I have to change? What is the recommended method? Joanne M Jacksonville, FL Hi Joanne, What you read is write, If your dictionary like Forms.dic, Reports.dic are in network locations and if others are logged into Great Plains then you cannot modify it....

Passing field to a report
It doesn't help me on how to pass the accountnumber from CRM to a parameter in the report. This should be possible or ? Perhaps this article on MSDN will help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk3_0/htm/v3d0usingparameters.asp "Jack" wrote: > Hi ! > > I have made a report and imported it into CRM. It is not a report taking > data from CRM but from an ERP system. > > The thing is I need to pass accountnumber to the report so that the report > shows data from the ERP system for only this account. > > Right now...

END SALE ITEMS WIZARD
Please add an Inventory Wizard Task called 'End Sale Pricing' in order to mark the ON SALE field to FALSE (unchecked). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx...

how do i add a live excel doc. to my calendar?
I am trying to attach an Excel file to a shared calendar that can be edited by others and updated within the calendar. In news:A02730D9-6514-4515-9686-5D0E5490387B@microsoft.com, jt <jt@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to attach an Excel file to a shared calendar that can be > edited by others and updated within the calendar. I presume you're using Exchange? Exchange is a lousy file server. I wouldn't expect this to work reliably. Insert a Hyperlink (Insert | File | drop down arrow as a Hyperlink) in a meeting on that Calendar? -- Judy Gleeson [...