How do you install the Integration Assistant for Excel

I am running Gret Plains 8.0 and cannot find out how toi install the
Integration Assistant for Excel.

The  Integration Assistant for Excel is an additional component/feature of
the Integration Manager. When you install IM, It's an option to install for
additional applications. If you already have IM installed then use CD1 to run
setup again; select Integeration Manager choose to Modify existing setup.
When the Select Feature window comes up; select the check boxes for
"Additional Applications" and  "Integration Assistant for Excel"

"Robert Korzuch" wrote:

> I am running Gret Plains 8.0 and cannot find out how toi install the
> Integration Assistant for Excel.
0
Shariq (273)
2/7/2006 9:51:27 PM
Do you know where I can locate Integration Assistant for Excel for GP version
9?  It must be hiding pretty well or not released yet.

Thanks in advence for the insight.

BeerMan

"Shariq" wrote:

> The  Integration Assistant for Excel is an additional component/feature of
> the Integration Manager. When you install IM, It's an option to install for
> additional applications. If you already have IM installed then use CD1 to run
> setup again; select Integeration Manager choose to Modify existing setup.
> When the Select Feature window comes up; select the check boxes for
> "Additional Applications" and  "Integration Assistant for Excel"
>
> "Robert Korzuch" wrote:
>
> > I am running Gret Plains 8.0 and cannot find out how toi install the
> > Integration Assistant for Excel.
0
BeerMan (22)
2/9/2006 8:37:29 PM
IAXL is being phased out, so new 9.0 customers cannot buy it.  Existing
customers that already have IAXL will receive an upgrade to Integration
Manager - Financials.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"BeerMan" <BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Do you know where I can locate Integration Assistant for Excel for GP
> version
> 9?  It must be hiding pretty well or not released yet.
>
> Thanks in advence for the insight.
>
> BeerMan
>

> "Shariq" wrote:
>
>> The  Integration Assistant for Excel is an additional component/feature
>> of
>> the Integration Manager. When you install IM, It's an option to install
>> for
>> additional applications. If you already have IM installed then use CD1 to
>> run
>> setup again; select Integeration Manager choose to Modify existing setup.
>> When the Select Feature window comes up; select the check boxes for
>> "Additional Applications" and  "Integration Assistant for Excel"
>>
>> "Robert Korzuch" wrote:
>>
>> > I am running Gret Plains 8.0 and cannot find out how toi install the
>> > Integration Assistant for Excel.

0
victoria (3340)
2/10/2006 12:09:54 PM
Thanks Victoria. We are actually upgrading but it sounds that our only option
now is the Integration Manager, which should be ok. Version 9, here we come!

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> IAXL is being phased out, so new 9.0 customers cannot buy it.  Existing
> customers that already have IAXL will receive an upgrade to Integration
> Manager - Financials.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "BeerMan" <BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Do you know where I can locate Integration Assistant for Excel for GP
> > version
> > 9?  It must be hiding pretty well or not released yet.
> >
> > Thanks in advence for the insight.
> >
> > BeerMan
> >

> > "Shariq" wrote:
> >
> >> The  Integration Assistant for Excel is an additional component/feature
> >> of
> >> the Integration Manager. When you install IM, It's an option to install
> >> for
> >> additional applications. If you already have IM installed then use CD1 to
> >> run
> >> setup again; select Integeration Manager choose to Modify existing setup.
> >> When the Select Feature window comes up; select the check boxes for

0
BeerMan (22)
2/10/2006 8:22:27 PM
We have installed GP 9.0 but did not find the updgrade to IAXL - can you
suggest to me where it might be?  Do we need to modify IM as suggested in an
earlier post here?

Brad

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> IAXL is being phased out, so new 9.0 customers cannot buy it.  Existing
> customers that already have IAXL will receive an upgrade to Integration
> Manager - Financials.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "BeerMan" <BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Do you know where I can locate Integration Assistant for Excel for GP
> > version
> > 9?  It must be hiding pretty well or not released yet.
> >
> > Thanks in advence for the insight.
> >
> > BeerMan
> >

> > "Shariq" wrote:
> >
> >> The  Integration Assistant for Excel is an additional component/feature
> >> of
> >> the Integration Manager. When you install IM, It's an option to install
> >> for
> >> additional applications. If you already have IM installed then use CD1 to
> >> run
> >> setup again; select Integeration Manager choose to Modify existing setup.
> >> When the Select Feature window comes up; select the check boxes for

0
BradBlack (6)
5/11/2006 5:44:02 PM
Brad,

Do your registration keys for GP 9.0 include Integration Manager?  If so,
that's what you now need to install for GP 9.0.  If not, you need to talk to
your GP Partner about getting the right reg. keys.

Hope that helps,
--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Brad Black" <BradBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have installed GP 9.0 but did not find the updgrade to IAXL - can you
> suggest to me where it might be?  Do we need to modify IM as suggested in
> an
> earlier post here?
>
> Brad
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> IAXL is being phased out, so new 9.0 customers cannot buy it.  Existing
>> customers that already have IAXL will receive an upgrade to Integration
>> Manager - Financials.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> GP MVP
>>

>> "BeerMan" <BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Do you know where I can locate Integration Assistant for Excel for GP
>> > version
>> > 9?  It must be hiding pretty well or not released yet.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advence for the insight.
>> >
>> > BeerMan

0
victoria (3340)
5/12/2006 10:37:19 AM
Thanks Victiria .. yes, they do, and we have IM installed.  We just don't
have the IAXL option anymore, nor are the icons active that were sitting on
top of Excel or even available to add for the 9.0 version.  That's what we're
trying to figure out.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Brad,
>
> Do your registration keys for GP 9.0 include Integration Manager?  If so,
> that's what you now need to install for GP 9.0.  If not, you need to talk to
> your GP Partner about getting the right reg. keys.
>
> Hope that helps,
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Brad Black" <BradBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have installed GP 9.0 but did not find the updgrade to IAXL - can you
> > suggest to me where it might be?  Do we need to modify IM as suggested in
> > an
> > earlier post here?
> >
> > Brad
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> IAXL is being phased out, so new 9.0 customers cannot buy it.  Existing
> >> customers that already have IAXL will receive an upgrade to Integration
> >> Manager - Financials.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> GP MVP
> >>

> >> "BeerMan" <BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
BradBlack (6)

Outlook Client install problem
Client did the following: 1. Accidentally tried installing the "full" Outlook client on a desktop. Somehow the install failed. 2. Did a correct install of the "light" client. But received the "can not connect to CRM" error when opening Outlook. 3. Uninstalled and tried to reinstall the Outlook desktop client and received this error: "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Analyzer+CollectAction failed. Fatal error during installation" We can not get it past this error. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks, -Rick M Rick, I think th...

How can I restore an Excel file that was deleted by mistake?
I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can I do this? Hi if you don't have a backup copy probably no chance. You may try a file recovery tool (search Google for some free ones) to recover your deleted file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Diane wrote: > I deleted a file in Excel from the menu and need to recover it. Can > I do this? Did you look in the Recycle Bin? HTH Otto "Diane" <Diane @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D41D362F-D1CC-4C14-B0B3-DBC994A32D3C@microsoft.com... >I deleted a file in Exce...

Problem with Excel 2007
Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for reference and when I returned to the first project all sheets disappeared. The only accessible buttons on the toolbar are the Macro buttons. All macros are still there and sheet names in the VBA are still there. Did I loose my work? Thanks to all albertmb;657269 Wrote: > Hi Everyone, It is my first time working on Excel 2007. I was working on a > project which I started on Excel 2003, I opened another project for referen...

How to Build an Excel-Report ?
Hi, I am Martin from Hamburg and wonder how I can create an Excel-Report. I want to create an Bingo-Card Generator in Excel. Thought and Done, but only the functions of generating the bingo-values by randome and deleting field by random depending on the system variables like number of players etc. So, I have build up one Excel-Worksheet with the right values. In each cloumn are the whole values for one bingo-card. Now, I wonder how to print them. But I cannot find any Report function like in Access. May anyone can help me, how do I get my generated values in an printable report format...

Is there an equivalent of .mda files for Excel?
If you develop an Access application, you can hide your source code by converting the .mdb file into an .mda file. Is there an equivalent for Excel applications? Thanks ..xla, Then Tools | Addins..., to add the file. ..xla is the format for Excel add-in. However, it does not necessarily hide your code in VBA, if that was what you want. Whether it is .xls or .xla, you can only "hide" VBA code by password-protecting the VBA project, which is a weak protection. If you really want to hide your VBA code from viewing by others, the better approach would be to move most of your...

How do I make a Levy Jennings chart in Excel 2003?
How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory daily QC data? Hi, Jon Peltier shows you how to add your mean and standard deviation lines here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html HTH Martin "RayneLily" <RayneLily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADFC70DF-2277-4430-BDE1-7E41AE2836FF@microsoft.com... > How do I use Excel 2003 to prepare Levy Jennings charts for laboratory > daily > QC data? Try http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/RunChtLines.html .... and isn't it Levey-Jennings ? -- David Biddu...

having a problem installing MSCRM 1.2!

How do you insert a scale break on the y-axis in Excel?
Is it possible? Hi, Have a look at these examples http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/broken_y_axis/tutorial/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/brokencolumn.htm Cheers Andy lakechatei wrote: > Is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Out of Office Assistant ?
Is there anyway to set a date/time that "out of office assitant" starts and ends at in Outlook 2003. I didn't see an option for doing this. It appears to be either on or off. Is it possible to do this with VBasic or a macro? Thanks --- Jay Wilson In news:w2fodve8h6pb$.17j7oy2mw0vdo$.dlg@40tude.net, Jay Wilson <jnjjwil@**********> typed: > Is there anyway to set a date/time that "out of office assitant" > starts and ends at in Outlook 2003. I didn't see an option for doing > this. It appears to be either on or off. > > Is it possible to...

Excel 5.0 #2
I need some help. I have been a faithful user of version 5.0 and I missed my opportunity to upgrade easily. Is there anyone who would be willing to part with an intermediate version so I can make the jump. I understand I need at least an Excel 97. I believe 97 can convert 5.0 and 03 can convert 97. Hi Exc�l 97 - Excel 2003 all have the same file format 8and all can read Excel 5.0 files). So just check ebay and get on of the newer versions (Excel 2000 / Excel 2002) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tim in Idaho" <Tim in Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> schri...

How do I set up a macro to turn on Windows in Taskbar in Excel 200
I have a shared workbook in Excel 2000 that is automatically turning off Windows in Taskbar whenver it is opened and I can't see why. Does anyone out there know a macro that will automatically turn on the Windows in Taskbar option in Excel when the workbook is opened? Thanks David Lee David Add the following line code to an Auto_Open or Workbook_Open event: Application.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = True *pretty sure that was in Office 2000, I am in 2003 so I wasn't able to check... -- Charles www.officezealot.com "David Lee - NZ" <David Lee - NZ@discussions.micros...

IE8 installation downgraded me to IE6
I have four identically configured W2K3 Std Edition R2 servers that had a fully patched IE7 installation. I downloaded the standard IE8 install package from Microsoft and ran the installation. During the install, I unselected the check box for Install Updates and let it proceed. On two of the servers, I was prompted with a window telling me that the UNINSTALL of IE7 was complete, that a REBOOT was required, and that I would have to manually resume the IE8 setup after the reboot. I rebooted the servers and lo and behold I had downgraded to IE6. Following this I successful...

excel comment issue
Hi, I'm having a problem viewing comments in all of my Excel 2000 worksheets. Everytime I mouse over the data cell with the comment indicator it comes up black. The only way I can view the comment is selecting edit comment. Any suggestions? Hi Jerry, Searching the archives http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm or directly to: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel* is always a good place to start. Not too surprising to find a recent posting <grin> http://google.com/groups?threadm=etAhFlkTEHA.1508%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl but if you ...

Line graphs in Excel 2007
I am trying to plot weekly sales in a given year. Eventually in a year, there will be 52 weeks of sales labeled date,this yr sales,last yr. sales. I am using a line graph. Everything is working fine except: I would like excel to automatically update my chart for each week that I have sales data for. In the near fuure,when I enter data for the months of Oct,Nov,Dec and the last part of Sept., I would like Excel to automatically update my chart. I have tried to in my data table, put all the weeks of the year in the table and as I get sales data, enter them into the table. The chart will upd...

Intervoice IVR integrated with Microsoft CRM
I need help learning how Intervoice IVR (Interactive Voice Response) can be integrated with Microsoft CRM. Anybody have experience with this? ...

windows\installer corrupt or unreadable
Brand new computer. Windows 7. Every time start up message in lower right reads c:windows/installer corrupt or unreadable run chkdsk utility. When I run chkdsk utility fast flash of black on monitor and message continues to pop up every time computer is rebooted. Can't find file on computer. Can't download anything receiving message that temporary files are full even when I empty them. Any advice much appreciated. -- boochose Posted via http://www.win7heads.com How does this pertain to Windows Update? boochose wrote: > Brand new computer. Windows 7. E...

Excel opens with no document -
Where is the default document for excel when it is launched? I am looking for the normal.dot of the excel world. Symptom: When I open an excel document it launches excel.exe to a blank grey screen. When I open a new Excel document and close it the document I opened is maximized at that point. I was thinking about recreating or pointing to the default excel document if it exists. First try the usual tweaks. Reboot your system. Start Excel with Start - Run - type: excel /unregserver, then excel.exe /regserver. It will start, put in all factory default registry settings, then end. Now ...

Format Inserted Excel Table
I have inserted an Excel spreadsheet as a table into a Word 2007 document (saved as .docx) using the Insert/Table menu. I would like to remove the gridlines. How does one do this? In Excel, there is an option to not show these; there is also the possibility of formatting the cell borders to be white. But neither of these seems to work. I cannot locate an option to turn off gridlines. And when I try to set a cell border color to white, it returns to automatic. Thanks. --ron On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:08:16 -0500, Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote: >I h...

Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell
Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell try pressing the F8 key it allows you to select multiple cells and may have been hit by accident "texmaam" wrote: > Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell If you're using xl2007, try changing the zoom factor. texmaam wrote: > > Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell -- Dave Peterson ...

Outlook address from excel
My titles and names are all on one linein excel. When I import to outlook the Mr and Mrs comes out Mr. Mrs. and. How do I map this Are Mr and Mrs in one field? If so, you'll want to map that field as the title field. If not, you need to merge them into one field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIB...

Excel Date conversions
How do I set up a column to automatically convert numbers (example - 01012003) into a date format (example - 01/01/2003). I tried doing this by format, cells, date - then entered the number and the date came up different. You have to either use a date format recognized by Excel or use a helper cell/column to extract and concatenate the string to appear as a date: =LEFT(A1,2)&"/"&MID(A1,3,2)&"/"&RIGHT(A1,4). -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Gerri" <gpalombi@ci.concord.ca.us> wrote in message news:2672...

open excel file in word
I have an application that use’s VBA for Word that opens an Excel file in Word and then cuts & pastes from the Excel data to a Word template. Works fine in Office 2000. In Office 2003 it works fine on one computer but not on another. One the that works I get a msgbox asking – This file needs to be opened by the Microsoft Excel Worksheet text Converter – when I choose ‘Yes’ the file is converted and things work. On the other computer I get a window ‘File Conversion’. Select the encoding that makes your document readable. Of chooses available the Excel file is converted to an unreadable j...

smart tags in Excel?
Where I'm currently working smart tags would be a good thing. I do most of my work in Excel. Problem is I get tags on the 1st sheet but not the 2nd work sheet. I've tried all the usual things to turn them on with no luck. Can anyone help. ...

My CD won't let me save my Excel workbook on them?
I have created Excel workbooks but when they are saved under excel workbook and I put in or have already have in a CD for saving on, My Excel says that my computer can not format this kind of disc. I have had these discs before and have saved on them many times. I recently bought CD-RW so that I could erase and use again. My computer won't let me. I am sooo frustrated. I have been up late for 3 wks. trying to figure this thing out. Why when I put in a CD of ANY KIND, does it automatically go to Media Player and fill up my cd before I can even save anything on them? Whe...

Want click "+" like in Explorer and have Excel show hidden list, click "-" and hide list
Hi all, I have seen this before and have searched the web but can't find it. Probably because I don't know how to describe it very well. You know how MS Explorer has a "+" beside the "C" drive, you can click on the + and it reveals the folders and folder names under the +. The "+" becomes a "-". You can click on the "-" and explorer hides the list again. That's all I want.... Does anybody know how to do it? I have Office 2002, Excel 10.6501. Much appreciated... For the help. You can get those outlining symbols in a couple...