How can I set defaults for the Search options in SmartList?

Hi,

I have a group of users that most of the time use the same column name and
filter value to do searches on SmartLists. For example: Column Name= Customer
Name and Filter = contains.

Is there a way to set those values as the default so users dont have to pick
those every time they are going to do a search on a SmartList?

Thanks,

Hector

Yes, it's called a SmartList favorite. Once you have entered the filtering
criteria and executed your search, click on the Favorites button on the
SmartList toolbar and enter a name for the search, for example "Customer
contains XYZ". You will now see an entry under the corresponding SmartList
series and option.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Hector Herrera" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a group of users that most of the time use the same column name and
> filter value to do searches on SmartLists. For example: Column Name= Customer
> Name and Filter = contains.
>
> Is there a way to set those values as the default so users dont have to pick
> those every time they are going to do a search on a SmartList?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hector
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
4/22/2009 4:07:01 PM
Thanks Mariano,

I was trying to go a step ahead by defining the default search from the
asterisk (*); perhaps through Modifier or something. Creating a Favorite
search will work too.

Thanks,
Hector

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Yes, it's called a SmartList favorite. Once you have entered the filtering
> criteria and executed your search, click on the Favorites button on the
> SmartList toolbar and enter a name for the search, for example "Customer
> contains XYZ". You will now see an entry under the corresponding SmartList
> series and option.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Hector Herrera" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a group of users that most of the time use the same column name and
> > filter value to do searches on SmartLists. For example: Column Name= Customer
> > Name and Filter = contains.
> >
> > Is there a way to set those values as the default so users dont have to pick
> > those every time they are going to do a search on a SmartList?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Hector
Just so you will understand, the * Favorite is a predefined Favorite that
cannot be changed outside of the SmartList builder (for locally created
SmartLists).  GP controls the "out of the box" predefined Favorites.

Unless you created the SmartList using SmartList Builder, you cannot change
the function of the * Favorite.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Hector Herrera" wrote:

> Thanks Mariano,
>
> I was trying to go a step ahead by defining the default search from the
> asterisk (*); perhaps through Modifier or something. Creating a Favorite
> search will work too.
>
> Thanks,
> Hector
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Yes, it's called a SmartList favorite. Once you have entered the filtering
> > criteria and executed your search, click on the Favorites button on the
> > SmartList toolbar and enter a name for the search, for example "Customer
> > contains XYZ". You will now see an entry under the corresponding SmartList
> > series and option.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Hector Herrera" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a group of users that most of the time use the same column name and
> > > filter value to do searches on SmartLists. For example: Column Name= Customer
> > > Name and Filter = contains.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to set those values as the default so users dont have to pick
> > > those every time they are going to do a search on a SmartList?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Hector
0
info4071 (3005)

can't send or receive emails

Access 97 can't resize database window

Paragraph formating jumps to defaults.
Hi, We are using Office/Outlook 2007 We have an email signature script that is run when users login, it´s working ok except for two things; If the default paragraph settings in Word 2007 for a user matches those in the signature script, the signature will use the "Base defaults" of Word 2007, that is SpaceAfter = 10 and LineSpacing = "Multiple" with a value of 1,15. So if I change the script to use SpaceAfter=0 and the user has set his/her Word 2007 to use SpaceAfter=0, the result will be SpaceAfter=10. If the script is set to SpaceAfter=0 and the us...

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

Can you delete Business Alerts?

Office 2007 forms

fiscal year setting question
hi. i know that the fiscal year settings get more or less set in stone, so i had a quick question before i set it for my org. in the template field, what is that used for? if i select 'quarterly', does that mean i can only run reports on a quarter basis? what if i wanted to do monthly reports? ultimately, my question is what is the 'template' field used for? thanks! Hi Jeff, Fiscal year setting must be aligned to your company's accountig policy. Fiscal year setting primarily defines sales quotas. When you set quarterly periods, you can set quarterly quotas for mem...

can I snap wrap points to a text box

Outlook set up
In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:17:36 -0800, "etata" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Outlook 2002: When I send an email, it has my email >address in the from field. People receiving it cant tell >it is from me, and it gets deleted. How can I make MY >NAME appear in that from field instead of my email address? Just a...

Why ClassWiard can't see my Class?
I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(Class-B) which derived from CWnd class. When I used mouse right-click on the new-created class, it shows a popup-command-menu which missing "add virtual function" and "add windows message handler". From ClassWizard I couldn't see the new-created class either. I tried to delete myprogram.clw & re-issue ClassWizard, but it doesn't help. Anyone can help ? Thanks, Eagle "EagleChen" <xx@xx> wrote in message news:uRGde941DHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I created a class(Class-A), derived a class(C...

set print area #2

Publisher can not save file

default text height comment
Is there a way to set the default text height for a new comment? Thanks mark (I've looked through help but can't find it if it's in there.) I assume you mean the font size? There is no text height available in Excel. A comment has a shape property and that is what you can use to change the font size. They didn't make it easy ... Range("D4").Comment.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 12 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware (free and commercial excel programs) "mp" <nospam@Thanks.com> wrote in message...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...