Homepage Quick Links for Fixed Assetss Windows

Similar to other GP windows, the fixed assets windows should be allowed to be
added to a user's homepage as a Quick Link.
--
Haiden Turner
Winged Disc Technologies, LLC

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=72636c46-5783-4eda-ad78-b8572d42b4ff&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Haident (1)

Setting audio driver as default in Windows 7
In Windows 7, how can I make an audio driver as the default one for playback while installing? I was using SetupPreferredAudioDevices keyword in my INF file to make the audio driver default in Windows Vista. But I could see that in Windows 7 this support is not available. Is there any other way to make the driver default at the time of installation? Arun Sankar <Arun Sankar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >In Windows 7, how can I make an audio driver as the default one for playback >while installing? I was using SetupPreferredAudioDevices keyword in my INF &g...

Windows Server 2008 and 2005 Native Client ODBC
I am having an issue with getting a SQL server 2005 Native Client ODBC connecting to Dynamics 10 on a new Windows 2008 server. Dynamics 10 is loaded on the Windows server, and the client will access the SQL. However, trying establish a connection with the server on another client workstation. It just times the ODBC just times out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Is the new server a 64 bit machine? -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 ...

Maximum number of process....Windows
Hi, Is there any limit of number of process or thread that can run at a time in Win9X and win2k/XP OS. Plz reply. regds vinay Well, on the toy systems (Win9x), the process limit is fairly small, probably reasonably on the order of a few hundred, but I've never measured it. The limit is based on the available real memory, the available paging space, the amount of GDI space, the number of windows, etc. (the USER and GDI space is shared system-wide under MS-DOS), and, or course, the sizes of the processes. On real operating systems, you will probably run out of patience before you r...

Quick Campaign: More than 1 email is sent out
Hi All, I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each contact. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks. On 25 jul, 13:14, Gunady <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > I have big problem in the email campaign module. Everytime I run quick > campaign, there will be more than 1 email is sent out to each contact > record. Currently, I find out that there are 3 emails sent for each > contact. Does anyone ...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Quick E2K3 CAL Question
Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply have forwarding contact objects. Thanks, Fred In news:uBJaj0yeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Fred Yarbrough <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com> typed: > Does an Exchange 2003 email enabled Custom Contact need a CAL? We > have several users who do not actually have user accounts but simply > have forwarding contact objects. > > Thanks, > Fred Nope. I'd check with the Microsoft Licensing for an accurate answer. I don't believe s...

Has anyone linked MS Access and MS Money?
Greetings. I have a registration database for a school that uses MS Access. Our book keeper uses Quicken, so that all the student names, addresses, etc. needs to be entered twice. I am thinking of migrating the financial records to MS Money, so that we can do some VBA programming or the like to send student data from Access to Money. Does anyone know if this can be done, or have any experience doing this sort of thing? Thanks! Gary See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=10 in specific and http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?cat=3 in general. "GaryDave" <garydave@hotmail.com> w...

windows media player transferring media info id3 tags
I need to know how to preserve some of the media information I am inputting on my Windows Media LIbrary. When I copy the files to another computer only the basic info about the songs shows up. None of the "custom" info or the "mood" or the "keywords" are transferred. how can I avoid losing this info while still using WMP. thanks. -- clp253 Not all the info you enter is stored in tags so in the audio file. It is also dependent on the file format used, e.g. in WAV almost none of the info is stored and certainly not any edits. The only think you ...

Unable to open Outlook window
When I try to start Outlook 2003 I get the message "Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact the administrator if this condition persists. What would cause this problem to suddenly appear and how do I fix it? Many thanks. Create a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->New. Do not copy your old profile. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name her...

windows xp and windows server 2003 remote access login question
Hi, When I remote access login my Windows 2003 Server from my Windows XP, after 2 minutes, it will pop out a warning message and kick me out. What do I need to adjust in the 2003 server so the remote access login from my Windows XP will live longer than 2 minutes? Thanks for help. Jason On 24.3.2010 1:58, Jason Huang wrote: > Hi, > > When I remote access login my Windows 2003 Server from my Windows XP, after > 2 minutes, it will pop out a warning message and kick me out. > What do I need to adjust in the 2003 server so the remote access login from >...

Money06 & Windows 98
Does Money 06 work with Windows 98? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Sorry no. You have 3 options:- 1. Upgrade Windows to XP. 2. Upgrade to Money 2000 - 2005 (one of not all!) and then to Money 2006 3. Do the conversion on a different XP machine and then copy the file back to the W98 PC. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://suppo...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

WIll M2004 still get bug fixes?
Hello, Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or are we forced to upgrade? Thanks Frank likely no additional fixes to M2004 .. but why upgrade because of that fact? Vernon "Frank" <farocco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utd$JCT9EHA.960@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Now that M2005 is out, will Microsoft still provide bug fixes to M2004 or > are we forced to upgrade? > > > Thanks > Frank > > M05 has more bugs than M04 needs fixes. Likely it still will when M06 comes out. M04 will never get anot...

How to turn off Windows explorer?
Hello, I want to build an OS design for a kiosk application, there should only be the application programs user interface, no other possibilities for user operations. I have read that it is possible to keep the Windows explorer from being built into the image but I can't find the catalog item that controls it. Can anybody help me please Thank you very much. Martin Martin wrote... > I want to build an OS design for a kiosk application, there should only > be > the application programs user interface, no other possibilities for user > operations. I have...

Resizing a splitter window
I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter gets smaller when the window size is reduced. Can someone please help? Chris Baker wrote: > I have a splitter window and I want to control which side of the splitter > gets smaller when the window size is reduced. > > Can someone please help? When the size is changed the parent window (CMainFrame, usually) gets the WM_SIZE message. Add a message handler for it. In the handler, call splitter functions like SetColumnInfo to resize as desired. Then call the splitter's RecalcLayout. Caution: the...

How to quickly remove ALL formatting on a sheet
I usually just do a control+A and hit delete but this does not remove any formatting (font, background, borders, alignment). Is there any quick way to do that (short of deleting the sheet) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave OK - I found Edit/Clear/All which seems to do what I want EXCEPT Put the row/column sizes back to standard Is that doable? dave "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:BAAFF047-6808-485D-9598-454FF24B0E61@microsoft.com... > I usually just do a control+A and hit delete but this does not remove any > formatt...

remove windows mail from xp
this computer has xp and my laptop has vista, somehow i suppose through the email i have picked up windowsmail? I use googlemail but i recieve multiple email failure notices from windowsmail? how do i delete windowsmail from my desktop, it does not appear in the control panel ap delete microsoft items? thanks bobkupferer@gmail.com ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-news.windowsxp-general "bobkupferer" wrote in message news:ug5a1S2hKHA.1648@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > this computer has xp and my laptop has vista, somehow i suppose through > the email i ...

Great Plains 7.50g30 and Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2
Is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 compatible with Great Plains version 7.50g30? Experienced any issues with GP post SP 2 install? You should not have any problem running this. Are you experiencing a problem, or just trying to prepare for the service pack? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "gptester" <gptester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F4E7F0F-6DDE-4A45-8099-C5015C6F96ED@microsoft.com... > Is Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 compatible with Great Plains > version 7.50g30? Experienced any issues with GP post SP 2 i...

Export emails from Vista windows Mail to Outlook Express 08-18-10
Sorry but somehow I couldn't add this to the original thread of the Post I sent earlier this month. My friend wanted to Export emails from Vista Windows Mail to Outlook Express Anyway although this is no longer a problem as my friend finally found another way to do this I am curious as to why her AppData did not appear. I passed on the instructions to her and also tested it out myself on W7 WLM and it worked for me. However when she started to go through the procedure she found out where her Store folder was located and when she tried to navigate to her Store folder s...

Windows XP updates not successful
I am continually getting told by XP (Service Pack 3) that updates are ready for my computer. When I try and install them, I get this: "The following updates were not installed: KB971486, KB969059, KB958869." I went through my Windows Update history, and the first update that was unsuccessful was KB971486. So I downloaded this update to try and install it manually (with the "WindowsXP-KB931784-x86-ENU.exe" /o command), and I got a message saying that "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

SetWindowsHookEx from service to user window
I can call successfully hook into another window's message proc but the same won't work from a service. Even after turning 'allow to interact with desktop' i still get ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED when calling SetWindowsHookEx. I know it has to do with security, desktops and window stations but I still havent figured it out. I'm not sure if I need an extra thread and which thread needs to be associated with which desktop. This is what I've tried so far: hWnd -> hooked window DWORD thid = GetWindowThreadProcessId(hWnd,NULL); HDESK desk = OpenDesktop("default"...

Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 1
Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? No there is not. Also there is no plan to change the current behavior. "mdrewes" wrote: > Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I > have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple > windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? Hence the word Windows Hence the word "windows&q...

RE: Mailbox Management (Enterprise Vault) to PST Broken Links
Wow, that's some very sarcastic and unhelpful replies. If I decided to write such a response I'd certainly not promote myself as an MVP in the same message !! Nevertheless, the short answer is that Enterprise Vault does not support this, from the user's end, anyway. The administrator's interface will permit exporting mailbox archives. However, for an end user the only real option is to restore all the messages back into the mailbox, then manually sift through and copy the desired messages into a new PST file - which doesn't work for a regular weekly backup. To the rude ...

CStdioFile, MFC dialog, and a command window
I have a traditional MFC dialog-based app that I'm trying to adapt to run from the command line. Running it is no problem, of course; neither is parsing command line arguments and acting on them. The problem is a requirement that the program output a text line to stdout. To test it, I'm executing the program from a command window. I'm under the impression that any output I send to stdout should appear within that command window; is that correct? I'm attempting to use CStdioFile to output the text string; it seems as if it should be pretty straightforward, yet no output a...