Home Page Account Balance Display

I have a controller who is asking if it's possible to get a display on the GP
Home Page that shows the Cash Account balances in the GL for 'his' cash
accounts.

Several ideas come to mind but I don't know if they will work.
1)  SmartList link with a sub-set of accounts (but I don't know how to get
account balances in SmartList.  (I've posted another inquiry about that
question specifically).
2)  Excel link (but again, I don't know how I'd get Excel to tally up a
balance from the GL).
3)  G/L T/B report option link under My Reports but I've heard there is a
bug in GP 10 that will not allow a report-link under My Reports to actually
execute.

Other suggestions?

The client does not have SmartList Builder.

Thanks,
--
Mike Lupro
0

I'm not familiar with the bug you mentioned regarding executing reports from
the My Reports web part. The issue I would see is the accounts might be
non-contiguous.

Another option would be to create a report in SSRS and put a link to it on
the home page.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Mike Lupro" wrote:

> I have a controller who is asking if it's possible to get a display on the GP
> Home Page that shows the Cash Account balances in the GL for 'his' cash
> accounts.
>
> Several ideas come to mind but I don't know if they will work.
> 1)  SmartList link with a sub-set of accounts (but I don't know how to get
> account balances in SmartList.  (I've posted another inquiry about that
> question specifically).
> 2)  Excel link (but again, I don't know how I'd get Excel to tally up a
> balance from the GL).
> 3)  G/L T/B report option link under My Reports but I've heard there is a
> bug in GP 10 that will not allow a report-link under My Reports to actually
> execute.
>
> Other suggestions?
>
> The client does not have SmartList Builder.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mike Lupro
0
callen (2505)
have it automatically send the report to the desired individuals at a
specific time in an email, or have them run it on demand.
Mike

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> I'm not familiar with the bug you mentioned regarding executing reports
> from
> the My Reports web part. The issue I would see is the accounts might be
> non-contiguous.
>
> Another option would be to create a report in SSRS and put a link to it on
> the home page.
>

> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Mike Lupro" wrote:
>
>> I have a controller who is asking if it's possible to get a display on
>> the GP
>> Home Page that shows the Cash Account balances in the GL for 'his' cash
>> accounts.
>>
>> Several ideas come to mind but I don't know if they will work.
>> 1)  SmartList link with a sub-set of accounts (but I don't know how to
>> get
>> account balances in SmartList.  (I've posted another inquiry about that
>> question specifically).
>> 2)  Excel link (but again, I don't know how I'd get Excel to tally up a
>> balance from the GL).
>> 3)  G/L T/B report option link under My Reports but I've heard there is a
>> bug in GP 10 that will not allow a report-link under My Reports to
>> actually
>> execute.
>>
>> Other suggestions?
>>
>> The client does not have SmartList Builder.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Mike Lupro

Thanks for your thoughts Charles.  The bug I mentioned was discussed in KB
Article 918313 under Q26.  It's been a while since I revisited this issue and
the client has updated to V10 SP2 so I'll try adding a T/B report to My
Reports again and see if the same circumstance as described in Article 918313
exists.

I'm scheduled for an introduction to SRS on May 30 and am looking forward to
it.
--
Mike Lupro

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I'm not familiar with the bug you mentioned regarding executing reports from
> the My Reports web part. The issue I would see is the accounts might be
> non-contiguous.
>
> Another option would be to create a report in SSRS and put a link to it on
> the home page.
>

> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Mike Lupro" wrote:
>
> > I have a controller who is asking if it's possible to get a display on the GP
> > Home Page that shows the Cash Account balances in the GL for 'his' cash
> > accounts.
> >
> > Several ideas come to mind but I don't know if they will work.
> > 1)  SmartList link with a sub-set of accounts (but I don't know how to get
> > account balances in SmartList.  (I've posted another inquiry about that
> > question specifically).
> > 2)  Excel link (but again, I don't know how I'd get Excel to tally up a
> > balance from the GL).
> > 3)  G/L T/B report option link under My Reports but I've heard there is a
> > bug in GP 10 that will not allow a report-link under My Reports to actually
> > execute.
> >
> > Other suggestions?
> >
> > The client does not have SmartList Builder.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Mike Lupro
0
MikeLupro1 (38)
4/24/2008 11:15:00 AM
You could also have a Dexterity developer create a custom metric but that
would probably not be a good use of resources (i.e. money).
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Mike Lupro" wrote:

> Thanks for your thoughts Charles.  The bug I mentioned was discussed in KB
> Article 918313 under Q26.  It's been a while since I revisited this issue and
> the client has updated to V10 SP2 so I'll try adding a T/B report to My
> Reports again and see if the same circumstance as described in Article 918313
> exists.
>
> I'm scheduled for an introduction to SRS on May 30 and am looking forward to
> it.
> --
> Mike Lupro
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > I'm not familiar with the bug you mentioned regarding executing reports from
> > the My Reports web part. The issue I would see is the accounts might be
> > non-contiguous.
> >
> > Another option would be to create a report in SSRS and put a link to it on
> > the home page.
> >

> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Mike Lupro" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a controller who is asking if it's possible to get a display on the GP
> > > Home Page that shows the Cash Account balances in the GL for 'his' cash
> > > accounts.
> > >
> > > Several ideas come to mind but I don't know if they will work.
> > > 1)  SmartList link with a sub-set of accounts (but I don't know how to get
> > > account balances in SmartList.  (I've posted another inquiry about that
> > > question specifically).
> > > 2)  Excel link (but again, I don't know how I'd get Excel to tally up a
> > > balance from the GL).
> > > 3)  G/L T/B report option link under My Reports but I've heard there is a
> > > bug in GP 10 that will not allow a report-link under My Reports to actually
> > > execute.
> > >
> > > Other suggestions?
> > >
> > > The client does not have SmartList Builder.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > --
> > > Mike Lupro
0
callen (2505)

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

defining accounts receivable default accounts
We would like the ability to have limitations on the accounts that can be selected for accounts receviable for a sales order transaction or receivable transaction. Currently you can select any account number for the RECEV trx type. We would like to define allowable accounts receivable accounts to avoid our current out of balance condition. This would limit the possibilities of reasons for ar trade to be out of balance to gl. This is a very hot issue at many clients in trying to reconcile ar to gl. This could also apply to AP!! Thanks, lori b. ---------------- This post is a sug...

What GL Account does the Adjust Cost Process affect?
We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to the Inventory account but on the Credit side the Account is blank. What account should it be used for the Credit side? FYI: We don't have (use) Inventory Offset account. Thank for your help. It's using precisely the one you are not using: Inventory Offset. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "ThongD" wrote: > We did an Adjust Cost for an Item. In a Journal Entry, a Debit is charged to > the Inventor...

Outlook 2000 Change Startup Page
Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now everytime I open Outlook the "Outlook Today" page opens, then have to select the inbox folde to view my mail. Used to always open on the Inbox Folder. What have I done, is there a way to restore this. You’ve landed in a Macintosh group, sorry. Try asking your question on the general Office newsgroups. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx DooBee wrote: > Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now > everytime I open Outlook the...

Historical aged trial balance #6
Hi can anyone tell me the store procedure used to extract a Report Reports-Sales-Trial Balance-Historical aged trial balance Because the management want that report to be in Excel format Regards Thiru Hi, you can extract the report to excel format however u'll not get it in a readible format. You need to some formating. To extract the report, print the report to file and select tab delimited. This will give u in excel format. You can write a small macro and sort the things out to make it readible. regards Reddy On Jun 22, 9:04=A0am, Thirumal <Thiru...@discussions.microsoft.co...

Trying to set up account, geting nowhere FAST!
From: "Lenora" <lmandre@windstream.net> Subject: Understanding what Microsoft Communities Date: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:41 PM Hello out there! What is Microsoft Communities all about? Is it something that comes with no charge when you get Microsoft Vista? This is the 4th computer I've had (besides ones at work). First a Compaq that I loaded everything I could from work, the computer guy gave me stuff...did work at home, brought it back to work, and visa versa. Second was a re-built computer that was given to me by a man in the town we had moved to...out of the g...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

Page setup / page / size??????
Hi, When you are in design view and you click on 'Page setup / page / size' are the options listed based on the printer you have installed or are they options that Access knows? If I select any of the options listed will they work on any printer? Thanks, Phil They are printer-specific. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Phillip" <Phillip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C07A38-11FE-4620-97C...

Dialog displayed
Hi I'm creating a dialog and calling it with domodal(). Is there a message handler or something insode my dialogclass that is called after the dialog is displayed? Thanks Urban Yes & No. Take a look at the OnInitDialog() message handler. OnInitDialog() gets called before the dialog is displayed. However you can post a user-defined message to yourself from the OnInitDialog() handler, and handle things that you want to do after the dialog is displayed. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler....

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Multiple accounts #3
I have 2 Hotmail and 1 MSN accounts set up in Outlook 2002. It shows that it sends and receives all 3 accounts successfully, but when I go to the Inbox of the Hotmail accounts, there aren't any messages. Thanks, Rick It says it send and received fine, but problems occur when you set up more than one HTTP account, so it is recommended that you only use one per profile ...

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

How can I send e-mail as a web page
Hi! I am in the process of creating "Newsletters", and it will be a web page/html file. Is there a way I can send this to recipients so that it will be displayed as a web page in their e-mail? Outlook express had a shortcut for this, but I cannot seem to find this function in Outlook 2003. Thanks in advance : ) You either send from within the program you created the html webpage or from within Outlook use; Insert-> File...-> select HTML file-> press little down arrow on Insert-> choose Insert as Text -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Off...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

Excel
Can you have a combination of both portrait and landscape pages in worksheet ? I suppose that the page setup setting applies uniformly fo all pages in the worksheet ? How you could get around this ? Than you. CJ -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you're right: You can have only ONE orientation per worksheet at the same time. One workaround for printing: - tsart recording a macro - set the page orientation for the first part of your sheet - print the desired pages - change the page orientation - print the remaining pages Now use this recorded macro for printing >...

endnotes on new page
Is there a way to put all the endnotes together on a new page? I've tried inserting a page break in the endnote separator and tried setting the endnote separator to start on a new page, but those methods didn't work. Thanks. -- ~ Janet Insert a page break before the endnote separator. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Janet S" <JanetS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C...

Renaming Accounts in CRM
We are trying to change the account name in CRM, In the Account Name field when we chnage it, it goes through all cases and makes the owner of the case the person that changes the account name. Is there a way to have it not go back through all of the cases ? What you describe is not CRM functionality. Either you didn't describe it correctly, or there is some custom process performing the unwanted action I think you may mean when an account owner is changed, all the account's cases ownership also changes. Now that really is a pain!! "Rcw01" <rwilson01@gmail.com> w...

Accounting prediction tool for wages with excel?
Dear All, I have a series of employees (with different payrolls) and a series of accounts (with money coming in and going out during the year). I would like to develop a tool where I can assign employees over certain periods on specific accounts, to forecast the evolution of the corresponding accounts. For example: - Mr. X is paid from January to April from account A and from May to December from account B, his monthly wage is xx. - Mrs. Y is paid from January to June from account A and from July to December from account C, her monthly wage is yy. - Mr. Z is paid from January to August fro...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

XP Home Screensaver
Use laptop infrequently. Now note XP Home screensaver appearing and wandering over monitor screen. Followed instructions for registry edit and changed the Desktop Screen Saver values to 0. Screensaver continues to appear. What did I miss? E/B wrote: > Use laptop infrequently. Now note XP Home screensaver appearing and > wandering over monitor screen. Followed instructions for registry > edit and changed the Desktop Screen Saver values to 0. Screensaver > continues to appear. What did I miss? You changed the registry to stop the screensaver? What about right...

Outlook 2003 account problems.
There are 2 active accounts in this Outlook 2003 setup. 1. Connects to an internal Exchange 5.5 server - this server does not have internet access and is only used for internal email between employees (set as Default account in Outlook) 2. Internet email account hosted by an outside vendor. Here's the problem. When you create a new message and use a combination of email address that points to an internet email (Ex. you@yahoo.com) and addresses from the global address list (you@internal.only), then select to use the internal Exchange account to send it, everything works fine. But if the ...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

using domain account for Exch2003 services
In Chapter 3 of the MS Press Training Kit "Implementing and Managing Microsoft Exchange Server 2003", there are instructions for changing the Exchange Services to run under a domain account (with appropriate group memberships and rights) rather than the default Local System account for security & auditing purposes. However, I could not start the services after making the change and reviewed several articles stating that only the Local System account will work - KB Articles 271920, 239762, etc. Is the training kit wrong, or is there a way to do this? thanks in advance, Art ...

Compatibility Win2K, XP Home, XP Pro
Hi Folks, I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the application crashes at launch time). If I change the application "Property/Compatibility" and set it to compatible with Win2000 that works fine. Development platform: VC++ 6, SP5 running on XP Home 1. Is there a way to set programmatically the executable compatibility before building the application? 2. What kind of function can cause this problem? Is it linked to MFC version? Thanks in advance, Seb >I have an MFC application running on XP Home but not on XP Pro (the >application crashes at la...