Hide OR Display an Image

Is it possible to hide OR display an Image based on the value of a field
using Report Writer? Can we create some sort of calculated field to do this?
I know it's possible using Report Writer but not so sure this is possible in
Report Writer.

Thx,

VJ

0
VJ2857 (8)

VJ,

No this is not possible in report writer.  "Picture" objects are no
expressible in that neither Dexterity or VBA can reference them.  So any
picture that you place on a report will be static and not changeable.

patrick
mbs developer support

and confers no rights.

"VJ" <vj@qci.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to hide OR display an Image based on the value of a field
> using Report Writer? Can we create some sort of calculated field to do
this?
> I know it's possible using Report Writer but not so sure this is possible
in
> Report Writer.
>
> Thx,
>
> VJ

hide a text box in a continuous form
I have a form that i created that display each form as a row in a continous form. What I need is to have one text field on one row not visible when a check box is checked. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Using Conditional Formatting, evalaute the state of the field bound to the CheckBox to set the Background color of the TextBox to match that of the Background color of the form. You might have to set the Disabled prop via CF as well. There is sample code showing one wat to accomplish this here: http://www.lebans.com/conditionalformatting.htm A2K or Higher Only! New Feb 08,2002...

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

Account Segments not displaying properly Trial Balance
We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0. On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly. Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless. I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I have not had any luck. Anyone have an idea? I have pasted an example be...

Combining two accounts as one display
If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Thanks. Otzi On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:58:21 -0700, otzi wrote: > If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can > be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Back in the good old days of MS Outlook Express, a number of people wanted separate account folders. Now that MS has accommodated those folk, people are demanding a global Inbox. Well, MS, in their infinite wi...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

change order in which gwes loads display, touch, hid drivers
I cannot figure out how to do this, but I need GWES to load the display driver FIRST (for a splash screen implementation). Cannot find any registry values that accomplish this... any ideas? Come on guys, somebody has to know the order in which driver's are loaded by GWES.exe and how to alter it.... MS gentlemen???? I don't think that's going to help. What you really want to do is load the image in the bootloader, since, by the time GWES itself loads, you're probably 75% of the way through the boot process. As far as I can recall, GWES loads the keyboard, mouse, a...

Hiding labels on y axes
Some time ago, I asked about two y axes on a chart, the left of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 16 and the right of which showed whole numbers from 0 to 55. I wanted to hide the only number above 12 on the left axis (16) and hide all numbers below 40 on the right axis (0-35). Jon Peltier told me to use custom number formats for both axes, [>=16]" ";0 for the left and [<40]" ";0 for the right. That worked fine. The chart I was then asking about was one I had created for practice. I've now tried to create my "real" chart. The values from which the...

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

sql server displays
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be done using a list box. Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes you want to display here, then add the table control to the ...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

Problem displaying string data in Edit box
Hi, I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a serial handler occurs. The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx and have integrated into my main dialog. I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use SetwindowText() to display the st...

Hiding a "Userform" instead of closing it???
I have a push button on my spreadsheet which loads my Userform in the following manner: Sub Button1_Click() UserForm1.Show (vbModeless) ' Display my Userform End Sub When a user presses the "X" button on the Userform object I believe that Excel will terminate the Userform instead of simply "hiding" it by making it invisible. How can I program my Userform to turn invisible instead of terminating itself?? I would rather have the Userform turn invisible so it can maintain its current position on the screen when it is re-activated again..... I not...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

I am trying to get access to display leading zeros and auto numbe
we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need it to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do this. "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484176CC-EFDE-48BB-BF18-C5BEFD695710@microsoft.com... > we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need > it > to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do > this. Yes, but ... You can't use the built-in autonumber field to do what you want. Therefore you'll need so...

OT...Free Trial...Digital Image Starter Edition 2006...OT
Announcing the availability of the Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006. This is a fully functional, downloadable trial version with all the bells and whistles of MS Digital Image Suite 2006. The program will revert to very limited functionality after the 60 day trial period. Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea Be aware that it's a 109 MB download.... BTW, this program includes Photo Story 3.1 and it has the capability to create VCDs. -- John Inzer Guess a dial-up connection might take a while, huh? ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Micr...

Hiding Data #2
I want to have a spread sheet that when printed will have some of the data hidden... I thought the most effective method would be to have two almost identical sheets in a workbook, with the "private" data not copied to the second sheet. This would be similar to an invoice sheet. Is there an easy way I can copy a sheet and then when I paste it to another sheet, it will link the data back to the first sheet? Carl Hi Quick and dirty? On the new sheet, cell A1, type = and then click on A1 in your existing sheet. You can then autofill this across and down the new sheet, and then ...

Imaging new PCs
Our company is getting ready to roll-out new PCs for our Accounting desktop. We are also upgrading from Dynamics 7 to 8. I wanted to include the new Dynamics client install in our Ghost image, but our Accounting people are saying that the consultants do not want us to image these PCs. Can anyone tell me if they know of any issues with Dynamics being part of a desktop image? If so, can you give me the details of the problem? Hi I cannot see any issues to why you cannot do this? Maybe its because different users have different modified forms & reports etc.. I have advise clien...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

Hide formula, show result
I have a formula typed into a cell. The cell displays the formula not the result of the formula. The options are set to hide formulas. I know this has something to do with cell formats but I don't recall the solution. Please refresh my memory!!! Thanks Could it be that you have: tools|Options|View Tab|Formulas checked? Or do you have that formula cell formatted as Text? DWJ wrote: > > I have a formula typed into a cell. The cell displays > the formula not the result of the formula. > The options are set to hide formulas. > I know this has something to do with cel...

image enlarges when uploaded to web
I created a header image for a website in publisher, the size of it is 7.85 in x 1.9 in, saved as jpeg file, also bmp file, when I upload the graphic into builderspot, the graphic enlarges to about 20 inches across by 5 in. deep. How can I keep the correct dimensions so when I upload this it wont increase in size? Help! Dawn Inches isn't the same as pixels. Your picture needs to be measured in pixels, probably about 750 pixels. In Publisher, Tools, Options, change the measurements to pixels. Re-work your banner. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer...

CRM 4
Using the IFrame we have displayed the Contacts list for an account in account frame... Now the issue is we have to hide the "Activity Bar" (i.e. top menu with the menus like "New Contact", "Add Existing Contact", blah blah...)... We tried adding below code in onload event without any success. Tried lot of combinations but it does not works... if(crmForm.FormType != 1) { if (document.all.IFRAME_Contacts != null) { document.all.IFRAME_Contacts.src = "/sfa/accts/areas.aspx?oId=" + crmForm.ObjectId + "&oType=1&security=852023&tabS...

Hide Sheet
I want to hide a sheet in a workbook. The sheet should be visible only when I type a password. Is there a way to do this. Does this need to be done through VBA. Thanks in advance. Dipsy, You can protect the workbook. Tools - Protection - Protect Workbook. This will disallow adding, moving, deleting sheets also though. Or use this code: Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = xlVeryHidden A user won't be able to use Format - Sheets - Unhide. Only code can unhide it. This doesn't require that the workbook be protected. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period...

make PNG image visible in Excel
I have an Excel macro that generates a hyperlink from Excel to an URL to download a PNG image. The macro works OK but the image arrives back to Excel as a 'png symbol' only, and is not visible. If I manually do a "New WebQuery" I can see the image in the New WebQuery dialog box but on "Import" all I get is a 'png symbol' only in "A1". "A1" is formatted for text. If I cut and paste the URL through IExplore I get a Visible PNG image OK. but that is to slow for a repetative and time dependant method.. Any suggestions would by most...

Hide and Show Toolbars
Hi, I'm trying to use VBA in excel to remove all toolbars on opening a = spreadsheet using auto-open and then to restore all when closing using = aut-close. The code I am using is as follows:- Sub HideAllToolbars() ' Dimension a loop variable. Dim i As Integer ' Loop through the total number of toolbars. For i =3D 1 To Application.Toolbars.Count ' Hide each toolbar. Application.Toolbars(i).Visible =3D False ' End of loop. Next i End Sub ' This is a sub-routine to show all of the toolbars. Sub ShowAllToolbars() 'loop va...