Help! - Decrease currency decimals on Great Plains system

We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to
reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4 decimals.

Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you

0
CRM9284 (26)

Use the Change Decimal Places window to change the number of decimal places
used for keeping quantity or currency amounts for items. You might need to
complete this procedure if an item was set up improperly, or if you’re
changing the units of measurement for an item.

NOTE: If an item is on an unposted transaction, you can’t change its decimal
place settings. Ensure you have a complete back-up.

To change currency or quantity decimal places for items:
1. Open the Change Decimal Places window.
(Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places)
2.  To change the number of decimal places used to track quantity
information, mark Change Quantity Decimal Places and select the number of
quantity decimal places.
When you mark the Change Quantity Decimal Places window, an alert message
appears, warning that changing the number of quantity decimal places will
clear the unit of measure schedule, the price list, and the purchasing
options for the item.
3.  To change the number of decimal places used to track currency
information, mark Change Currency Decimal Places and select the number of
currency decimal places. When you mark the Change Currency Decimal Places
window, an alert message appears, warning that changing the number of
currency decimal places will mean that prices are rounded or padded with
zeros.
4. If you’re using Multicurrency Management, specify which currency the
change will apply to.
5. Enter or select the range of items you want to change. You can select
items by specifying a range of item numbers, descriptions, generic
descriptions, and class IDs. You can set as many of the ranges as needed. If
you enter more than one range restriction, Microsoft Dynamics GP changes the
decimal places only for the items that meet all the selected criteria. NOTE:
Changing quantity decimal places changes all instances of that item across
all quantities, and the numbers are rounded to the nearest decimal place.
6. Verify your changes by choosing File >> Print to print the Decimal Places
Change Audit List.
7. Choose Process to update item records.
8.  Reconcile item quantities.

"CRM" wrote:

> We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to
> reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4 decimals.
>
> Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you

0
RC (240)
8/22/2007 9:14:00 PM
I am looking to decrease the decimals at the system level
(tools>setup>system>currency). Ofcourse Great Plains does not allow
decreasing decimals through the front end. So I looking for some expert
advice.

"rc" wrote:

> Use the Change Decimal Places window to change the number of decimal places
> used for keeping quantity or currency amounts for items. You might need to
> complete this procedure if an item was set up improperly, or if you’re
> changing the units of measurement for an item.
>
> NOTE: If an item is on an unposted transaction, you can’t change its decimal
> place settings. Ensure you have a complete back-up.
>
> To change currency or quantity decimal places for items:
> 1. Open the Change Decimal Places window.
> (Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places)
> 2.  To change the number of decimal places used to track quantity
> information, mark Change Quantity Decimal Places and select the number of
> quantity decimal places.
> When you mark the Change Quantity Decimal Places window, an alert message
> appears, warning that changing the number of quantity decimal places will
> clear the unit of measure schedule, the price list, and the purchasing
> options for the item.
> 3.  To change the number of decimal places used to track currency
> information, mark Change Currency Decimal Places and select the number of
> currency decimal places. When you mark the Change Currency Decimal Places
> window, an alert message appears, warning that changing the number of
> currency decimal places will mean that prices are rounded or padded with
> zeros.
> 4. If you’re using Multicurrency Management, specify which currency the
> change will apply to.
> 5. Enter or select the range of items you want to change. You can select
> items by specifying a range of item numbers, descriptions, generic
> descriptions, and class IDs. You can set as many of the ranges as needed. If
> you enter more than one range restriction, Microsoft Dynamics GP changes the
> decimal places only for the items that meet all the selected criteria. NOTE:
> Changing quantity decimal places changes all instances of that item across
> all quantities, and the numbers are rounded to the nearest decimal place.
> 6. Verify your changes by choosing File >> Print to print the Decimal Places
> Change Audit List.
> 7. Choose Process to update item records.
> 8.  Reconcile item quantities.
>
> "CRM" wrote:
>
> > We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to
> > reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4 decimals.
> >
> > Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you

0
CRM9284 (26)
8/23/2007 1:20:00 AM
Before you follow the instructions, make sure that you have a complete backup
copy of the database that you can restore if a problem occurs.

1. If you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2000, click Start, point to
Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server, and then click Query Analyzer.

If you are using Microsoft SQL Server 2005, click Start, point to Programs,
point to Microsoft SQL Server 2005, click SQL Server Management Studio, and
then click New Query.

2. Select the DYNAMICS database.

3. Run the following statement to reset the decimal places to two.
UPDATE MC40200 SET DECPLCUR=3 where CURNCYID='Z-US$'
NOTE: In this statement, "Z-US$" is the currency that you selected and then
changed in the Currency Setup window.

Set the "DECPLCUR" value according to the following table.
Number of decimal places that you want
DECPLCUR value

"CRM" wrote:

> I am looking to decrease the decimals at the system level
> (tools>setup>system>currency). Ofcourse Great Plains does not allow
> decreasing decimals through the front end. So I looking for some expert
> advice.
>
> "rc" wrote:
>
> > Use the Change Decimal Places window to change the number of decimal places
> > used for keeping quantity or currency amounts for items. You might need to
> > complete this procedure if an item was set up improperly, or if you’re
> > changing the units of measurement for an item.
> >
> > NOTE: If an item is on an unposted transaction, you can’t change its decimal
> > place settings. Ensure you have a complete back-up.
> >
> > To change currency or quantity decimal places for items:
> > 1. Open the Change Decimal Places window.
> > (Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Change Decimal Places)
> > 2.  To change the number of decimal places used to track quantity
> > information, mark Change Quantity Decimal Places and select the number of
> > quantity decimal places.
> > When you mark the Change Quantity Decimal Places window, an alert message
> > appears, warning that changing the number of quantity decimal places will
> > clear the unit of measure schedule, the price list, and the purchasing
> > options for the item.
> > 3.  To change the number of decimal places used to track currency
> > information, mark Change Currency Decimal Places and select the number of
> > currency decimal places. When you mark the Change Currency Decimal Places
> > window, an alert message appears, warning that changing the number of
> > currency decimal places will mean that prices are rounded or padded with
> > zeros.
> > 4. If you’re using Multicurrency Management, specify which currency the
> > change will apply to.
> > 5. Enter or select the range of items you want to change. You can select
> > items by specifying a range of item numbers, descriptions, generic
> > descriptions, and class IDs. You can set as many of the ranges as needed. If
> > you enter more than one range restriction, Microsoft Dynamics GP changes the
> > decimal places only for the items that meet all the selected criteria. NOTE:
> > Changing quantity decimal places changes all instances of that item across
> > all quantities, and the numbers are rounded to the nearest decimal place.
> > 6. Verify your changes by choosing File >> Print to print the Decimal Places
> > Change Audit List.
> > 7. Choose Process to update item records.
> > 8.  Reconcile item quantities.
> >
> > "CRM" wrote:
> >
> > > We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to
> > > reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4 decimals.
> > >
> > > Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you

0
RC (240)
8/23/2007 2:06:09 PM
Hi,

Please refer Article ID 865702 on customer support site.

Regards,
Santosh
"CRM" <CRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We went live with 4 decimals on our functional currency and we now want to
> reduce them to 2 decimals. All of our transactions so far are in 4
decimals.

> Can anyone guide me into doing this? thank you

Help with drop-down box creation
I have a large spreadsheet of case manager activity. Each case manager has a certain number of rows and columns for his/her information (case manager A uses the area A3:G43, case manager B uses H3:N43, etc.). There are 13 case manager areas in group 1 (rows 1-43), 13 in group 2 (rows 44-86), 13 in group 3 (rows 87-129), 4 sets in group 4 (rows 130-172), and 5 sets of totals at the bottom (rows 173-215). I want to create a drop-down box that would point to and locate the case managers' last names or worker ID#s. These items are not contiguous--they are located at cells B...

Need some Basic Help #2
Harlan Grove Wrote: > > it may be much simpler just > to have the other users enter their data without macros. Yes, I can see what you're saying, but we've got users who insist o using the left right arrows, or tab key, etc. instead of the Enter key because the macro was set up to automatically add an interger of "1 which would be used in tabulation. Thanx for trying to help tho....muc appreciated. I gotta find some books. <br>Thank You again -- shboo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shboom's Profile: http://www.excelfor...

Little Help
how to remove password from excel sheet ? it have passward want to open it and remove it ??? -- GCC Hi in the dialog 'File - saveas' under Tools you can remove it within Excel. "GCC" wrote: > > > how to remove password from excel sheet ? it have passward want to open it > and remove it ??? > > -- > GCC Hi if it is a worksheet or workbook protection password, choose tools / unprotect sheet or tools / unprotect workbook - enter password and then don't reprotect. If it is a password to open / modify, open the workbook and then choose f...

Help needed. Word question about segmented line..
I'm typing a manuscript. Somehow I must have pressed something wrong because I've gotten a segmented line after a number of paragraghs that I can't delete. They just shift up and down. Does anyone know how this happened and how to get rid of these lines? Thanks. Look up "borders" in the Word help. What you have is a paragraph border. The Help explains how to remove it. "How it happened" is probably due to Tools>AutoCorrect>Autoformat as you type." Look that up in the help too. The AutoFormat dialog is in three sections: I recommend turning OFF...

much needed If/or statement help
Hello, I am not an experienced excel user however I need to find a way fo excel to do a function for me and I have had no luck with if/then/o statements. My question is this. I need a function that will if I pick a selection off a drop down lis present me with a value associated with it. For example. I hav different machine sizes 110,245,385,500,720 and 950 they are in a dro down list. I need to associate electric rates to each of them. 110 4.00 245=4.50 385=5.00 500=5.50 720=6.00 and 950 = 6.50. So when I pic the machine size off of my drop down list in say cell c3 I need th electric rat...

Farsi help for office
HELLO NEED FOR HELP FARSI NEED FOR MSDN WITH PERSIAN LANQUAGE THANKS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbe5c628-35ee-4982-a2a2-398a6a2f7476&dg=microsoft.public.excel.newusers ...

Using Excel to model multi-dimensional system with Solver
Hi, I'm looking for some ideas here...I'm building a resource planning model in Excel, which looks a bit like a calendar, with Months and Tasks, i.e. two dimensions, corresponding to columns and rows. The model uses Solver to reach a solution. I want to bring in another couple of dimensions; Staff Grade and Team. I could have the data in a single sheet with Months along the top in columns, and then three row grouping levels, Tasks, Grades and Teams, but this is inefficient with space, and quite complex to program in VBA. Is there a better data structure? The data seems to me more su...

HELP: Window heirarchy problem...
I need to determine at runtime if a window is a child of the main window parent frame (CFrameWnd). I was using code like this: if (GetParentFrame() == AfxGetMainWnd()) { } and this seemed to be working fine if I had something like this: main window main view WINDOW IN QUESTION or main window main view splitter view splitter view WINDOW IN QUESTION view BUT... If I had a dialog popped up from the main frame, GetParentFrame() would still chase up the tree and find the main window. I thought abou...

Trunking help
How do I "trunk" a formula in Excel 2003 so that I can import the formula into QuickBooks 4.0? I think you'll have to explain what you mean by "trunk". Do you mean "truncate"? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dmbemtb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1280148-1903-4406-81CD-8FB86CC133E5@microsoft.com... > How do I "trunk" a formula in Excel 2003 so that I can import the formula into QuickBooks 4.0? ...

Really need help finding the Clean Sweep Utility for Exchange 5.5
I don't have the back office resource kit and apparently I need to run the clean sweep utility on my mailbox to clear out corrupted rules. I'm running Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server 5.5 with SP4 and hotfixes applied. I've tried everything that has been suggested to date with the excption of the clean sweep utility. Does anyone know where I can find this? Thanks, Larry ...

Query Help 12-18-09
Hi: I=92m having trouble with the following query=85any suggestions? * tblProposal is a linked table in SQL Server * qryProposalFilter is a local query that limits the list of ProposalID to the desired subset. What I want to do is return the value of the field ContingencyGeneral if the value is the same for all the proposals in the desired subset. If there are different values, I want the word =93Varies=94 to be returned. I=92m opening a recordset in code and pulling out the returned value to plug into a Word report. Thru much trial and error, I came up with the following ...

help with custom timer
Can amy one help with this: I have a worksheet that i want to have a time stamp in B8, when an "x is present in d8,e8,f8 or g8. I also need a time stamp in c8, when L is double clicked. It must repeat from row 8 to row 153. Please help if you can. Thanks alot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi for the first timestamp have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html For the second timestamp use the worksheet_beforedoubleclick event (quite similar to the above) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can amy one help with this: > > I have ...

help with multipl docs
hi, I need some help regardin multiple documents in VC.NET. I have an application which uses 2 Imaging source cameras to capture images and save them whenever a trigger occurs to the input of these cameras. My application is a MDI app and uses one childframe for each camera. Hence my problem is that there are 2 instances of the ChildFrm class and each instance saves the images when the trigger comes in but only for the active CHildFrm class. I want to know how it is possible to activate the save funciton in both ChildFrame classes simultaneously when the trigger comes to the camera. I hope the...

Help me dismiss alarms PERMANENTLY
I am using Outlook 2000 at work and synchronize it with a Palm T3 twice a day (starting time and quitting time). Today is a typical day. I have a total of 84 alarms greeting me this morning. Of those 12 are actual alarms which I have not addressed from Calendar items from the previous day. That's fine I don't mind a dozen or so. However the remaining 71 alarms are for items which I completed and alarms that I had previously dismissed from the previous day, the day before that, etc. I dismissed them already! Why do they keep coming back? How do I permanently dismiss an ...

Assembly Items: help building them
We're using Microsoft RMS version 1.3.0203 and we are having trouble building a sandwich type of item, where there are about 7 parts involved in selling the one item. We tried building a kit, but on the receipt the 7 items show and we want to just have one selection that automatically grabs each part instead of having to add 7 items from the database to sell one. (example: selling a roast beef sandwich--all the condiments included without having to go in and choose each condiment as an item. by choosing "1 roast beef sandwich" everything would be included) Any help is g...

Excel 2007 noncontiguous cell highlight color=light,light blue. How do I make it darker, or like Excel 2003 ( I'm extremely shade blind-PLZ HELP !! )
I have extreme shade blindness & need massive help. In Excel 2003, if I select 5 noncontigious cells the last cell retains it's color while the 1st 4 become a darker color, like emerald green, charcoal or something, which I can see and keep track of which cells I've selected. In Excel 2007 this color is a blue so light that frankly I can't see it. How do I change this color(& I guess in Excel 2010 also) back to the way it was in Excel 2003, or something dark that I can see? Thanks, Dave For 2007 and Windows XP.......have no idea about other versions of Excel or ...

average of decreased amount
In column A, rows 1 through 31. Each row represents a day's fund. We need a way to return the value, in a separate cell somewhere, of an average use. By that almost everyday the amount will decrease and we want to know what that average amount of decrease is for the day to day use of all 31 days. But on some days the fund is replenished and the amount grows and we don't want that included in the average. Only an average of decreased amount is needed. Thank You if this can be done. Perhaps one way .. Assume data in A1:A31 In B2: =A1-A2 B2 copied down to B31 Then just place...

Product Decimals Supported
Hello, How can I increase the Decimals Supported for Product Costs from 4 to 6 ? Thank you Athan Hi Athan, the product costs decimals supported are maximum 4. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "Athan" <AthanP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151419982.596618.221810@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > How can I increase the Decimals Supported ...

Forumla Help!countif?IF?If(AND? if(OR?
:confused: Hi, I need to formula which will only bring back 1, if Status = Pending or Tba, and Urgency is high or Very high. i've tried countif(data...)+countif(data....) - but it don't work I've tried : IF(AND( IF(OR( But i'm struggling....any ideas ppl? cheers -- harpscardiff ------------------------------------------------------------------------ harpscardiff's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25960 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502080 Hi It depends how your data is laid out! Pres...

RASENTRY and dwfOptions2 in Win XP Need Help!
Hi, I have Win XP Professional Polish wersion. I try to write some code in VC++.NET for disable programmaticaly Negotiate multilink for single-link connection but I can;t compile it because the compiler says that the version is incorrect. I put the code like: WINVER >= 0x0501 and than compiler works great but I know that XP support Negotiate multilink but after when I run my code, it's like this version of the OS don't support this option or my RAS.h don't let use this option. I really don't know where is the problem Please help me. Silvester /_cut_this_/smadej(at)slycom (...

[ANN] Entourage Help Blog: Quick Time 7.5 update causes moment of panic
After applying the Quick Time 7.5 update to Entourage 2008, contacts seemed to disappear. Continue reading for details: The Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> ...

A Great Investment Opportunity! #7
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Help requested (quite long!)
Hi, A bit of background on my dilemma from my previous post in comp.programming below: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------- "Im hoping someone on here can help with the following as I am fishing for ideas and help. Let me give you a bit of background first; At work we have an in house software program designed for sizing pipe systems. This produces a parts list which can then be printed. You might have 5 of these to make one 'job'. Due to over-ordering of materials recently, we now have to open each parts list for the job and...

Please Help #18
Can anyone help me to remove Salutation and name to two different fields. I have a list of names like this. Mr Ravindran, ZXY Company, Mrs Ravindran, ABC Inc. Ms Ravindran, Miss Ravindran etc. I want to have the Salutation in one cell and the name in the other. Thanks in advance. M. Ravindran -- m_ravindran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ m_ravindran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492163 one way, if they are all in one column...

Please help me, I am screwed right now.
I lost my TCP/IP connection within outlook overnight. I have no idea what to do, and I cannot send/receive. I triple checked my email account settings, thay are correct. I did not do a thing that would effect this, but my error message is (ox800cccof) They are either O's or Zero's I'm not sure. Please help. have you 1. rebooted? 2. reset any routers you have? 3. called your isp support to see if they are having problems? "Klyde Lang" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c5001c48b86$f39233a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I lost my TCP/I...