HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C

One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window.
 She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch.  The power went out,
and she started up the computer when the power come back.

She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that
Customer.  She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for
that Customer but in the Unposted Sales.

I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has
been posted.  So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series
Post window.

She still can not view the transaction in the Sales Trx Entry window and
still can not apply the payment to that invoice.

We need to correct this since our AR is now wrong.

We are using Windows XP and GP 9.0

Robert G.
0
RobertG (25)

Robert,

Checklinks or/and Reconcile Receivables will probably fix your issue,
otherwise you may need some database modifications.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Robert G." wrote:

> One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window.
>  She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch.  The power went out,
> and she started up the computer when the power come back.
>
> She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that
> Customer.  She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for
> that Customer but in the Unposted Sales.
>
> I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has
> been posted.  So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series
> Post window.
>
> She still can not view the transaction in the Sales Trx Entry window and
> still can not apply the payment to that invoice.
>
> We need to correct this since our AR is now wrong.
>
> We are using Windows XP and GP 9.0

> Robert G.

ActiveX ok in MFC but not in C#
Hello, I wrote an ActiveX in MFC. This ActiveX is derived from the interface IMyInterface and implement the standard functions QueryInterface, AddRef,Release and my own InCmde(BSTR Cmde,BSTR *Retour), OutCmde(BSTR Cmde,BSTR *Retour). The definition of this interface is in a separate idl file, I compile it with MIDL to obtain IMyInterface_h.h and IMyInterface_i.c . I do this, instead of integrated it in the ActiveX idl file, because I use this interface to many ACtiveX. The MFC application can take the pointer of this interface on two ActiveX and exchange it, so the two ActiveX can communica...

formula for Greater of C or D X E
can you please help me in writing this formula if c is greater multiply if by E, but if Dis greater then multiply D by E. thank you Have a look in HELP index for MAX -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ELISA@RELIABLECONTRACTORS.BIZ" <ELISARELIABLECONTRACTORSBIZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:423DDC43-7285-4D07-B8AD-37E1A25C38C9@microsoft.com... > can you please help me in writing this formula > > if c is greater multiply if by E, but if Dis greater then multiply D by E. > > thank you =IF(C1>=D1,C1*E1,D1*E1) I figured i...

Apply Rule ...
Hi, I have created some rules/processes. 1. To create an auto email when a case is created 2. Sales process I would like to make these both automated, however you must go to Actions and apply the rule to make them work. I did create them as "Create" How do I make these rules automatically apply? Thank you? 1: When a case is created an email can be sent automatically by using the Create rule. 2: Sales processes are a bit trickier and you will have to step through them. Only Manual workflows have to be applied. "rhayward@isdweb.com" wrote: > Hi, > ...

Help me to understand formulae
Hi, Searching for the solver examples on the net I came across the example where I find a formulae that I don’t understand and I just wonder if any one could explain in very simple words the formulae is =B14*MAX (B10, 0) ^$H$4 where b14 =Unit Profit b10 =Units Produced $H$4= Diminishing Profit Factor (0.9) I can see that when I remove the Diminishing Profit Factor the result is much higher but I don’t understand why it has been included on the first place Thanks in advance Anna Hi anna: It is just a way to model reduced profit. For example, if H4 were set to .5 and B10 was 16, the...

Query help to remove duplicates
I am a new access user and so far only know the basics. I have a excel sheet with approx. 40,000 rows of data. I would like to import the spreadsheet and run a query to remove the duplicate records with the earliest dates. e.g. Bob's Tire 2/5/06 - remove this one Bob's Tire 3/14/02- and remove this one Bob's Tire 1/1/08 Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I know how to run a basic duplicate query, but not to customize it by date. TIA, I know this will be much faster than trying to import a formula and sort it for this large of a spreadsheet in excel. It is probabl...

Tape Retention Off-Site Help
This is what I am trying to achieve: 1. every night to disk (have 7 days worth of data on disk) 2. every saturday to tape (keep tapes in library and keep data for 8 weeks) 3. every month-end to tape (permanently remove tapes from library for offsite storage and keep data for 10 years) This is what I have set on my PG: - short-term protection using -->disk - long-term protection using -->tape - retention range -->7 days - express full backup once per day in the evening - custom recovery goals - RG1 - backup every - 1 weeks - retention range - 8 weeks - number of ...

Need step by step to add invoice numbering to excel template
I created a template in excel, now i need to create invoice numbering starting with AM8023. I am new to 2007, please give me step by step procedures, Please. Start with this site - McGimpsey probably has the best explanation of how to get it done around. http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html You could put AM in a cell, right aligned, and the number returned using his method in the cell next to it, left aligned, and it would look like AM8023. "rmt" wrote: > I created a template in excel, now i need to create invoice numbering > starting with AM8023. I ...

Help Please Concatenate
Hi, I have a number of fields that i need to concatenate into one. This process is easy enough althouh i have ran into a major problem.. some of the fields are in the form of 00045 and to get this i simply formatted it as a Custom 00000. Now when i concatenate this it doesnt bring over the 0's it only brings over the "45". Anyone know how i can do this otherway? or get the 0's in front of the number such that concatenate will work? cheers --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =TEXT(A1,"00000") & B1 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - E...

Printing help
Hi all, I have been trying to print a publisher page which has an image which runs right along the right hand edge of my page. I've set my master template page margins to 0cm on the right hand side and changed the margins to the same within the 'page setup' menu in the general view. However, when I go to print preview, my image on the right hand side still gets cut off. Does someone have any other ideas which could help me out? Thank you in advance, Nick Nick <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >However, when I go to print preview, my image on the right hand s...

Can you import items from the Outlook calendar into a Publisher c.
I am needing to know if you can import items from a calendar in Outlook into a Publisher calendar. AFAIK, it can't be done. JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "Mark Lindsey" wrote: > I am needing to know if you can import items from a calendar in Outlook into > a Publisher calendar. ...

Excel Dummy
Can anyone tell me how to accomplish the following: I have two worksheets with 4 columns (OU, Full Name, Display Name, AccountName, ). The values in the “AccountName” columns are the same in both worksheet, but the values in the other three are different. I need to find a way to search the two worksheets and when the AccountName in both worksheets match, I would like to replace the "Full Name" and "Display Name" values in Worksheet 1 with the values (Full Name and Display Name) from Worksheet 2. BTW - Yesterday two members were kind enough to assist me with this yes...

HELP! Money 2005 will not load
I have two copies of Money 2005, one loaded onto my Notebook ok. It refuses to load on my desk computer (HP Pavilion), each time it gives a message sayintg that some files could not be loaded and to try again. I do with the same result. MS Support suggested that I run spyware software, then load Money 2005, whilst in 'cleanboot' mode ......... same result Then they suggested that my Dirctway satellite connect program was interferring with it, I uninstalled it and tried again.......same result Then MS gave up, saying I should take out all programs, (to a complete HP restore to get...

Newbie needs excel database help!
Hi Wonder if anyone can help? I am in need of a database that can hold the usual stuff (name, address, Tel, membership number etc.) . We also get updates on an excel spreadsheet. My problem is : 1. We don't know which database programme to use. 2. We have tried doing a comparison of the spreadsheet, and an update of that spreadsheet, but if say you remove a line, it seems to say all other lines underneath have changed when in fact they have just nudged up! Can anyone point me towards a database, excel compatible that when we run a comparison, shows JUST the changes? Many thanks i...

Help! One 9175 event per minute on exchang2003 server
Hi there, Exchange2003sp1 FE + BE servers both running on w2k3 servers. BE server also act as DC. I just realised that since this sunday found that a lot of event 9175 in applicatin log, all of them are the same as follows: source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session Type: Error EventID: 9175 User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the MS Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. MS Exchange Information Store ID No: 8004011d-0512-00000000 In between those tons of 917...

Restrict Mailbox Access
Hi Guys, I have been trying to find a way to do this for ages and ages and now my boss is on my case to get it sorted; Currently in our setup, everyone can see everyone elses mailbox, if they go to tools --> options -- Exchange profile --> Advanced and add an extra mailbox, or alternativley file open and open --> other users folder. This will work wether you are an admin or domain user. Is there a way to restrict mailbox access so that only the owner can see the mailbox and no-one else !!! I'm sure its done in systems manager --> Right click on server in admin groups ...

PLEASE HELP??? copy every other cell value to a range of cells
My table data 5/1 5/2 Customer A Qty1 10 10 Qty2 1 2 ------------------------------------------ Balance 9 17 Customer B Qty1 10 10 Qty2 5 2 ---------------------------------------------- Balance 5 13 I am trying to copy and paste a balance formula for each customer group. The formula is basically Qty1 (Previous cell) - Qty2(Previous cell) ...

InternetReadFile - CString
Hello, I have to open remote files on different server (all files are ascii text). My code look like that : (Pseudo-code) CString s; h = InternetOpen("Rien",INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PRECONFIG,NULL,NULL,0); http = InternetOpenUrl(h,"http://Path",NULL,0,0,0); InternetReadFile(http,s.Buffer,sizeof,&byteread); m_mystring = s; UpdateData(FALSE); It works only with the files who are 'dos' formated, the others can't be display in an CEdit box. What can i do ? Is there a function to directly convert unix->dos ? How can i ...

Help me understand mysterious Temp files.
Three of these appear every time I log on to Windows, in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp. I can always delete all but the three most recent. I see repeated references to Adobe Photoshop, which is not now nor has it ever been installed on my computer--though I do use the Adobe PDF Reader. I've heard lately of a strange new kind of "cookie," but can't remember what it's called. Could that be what these are? I'd like to know why they appear all the time, and have for several years. They don't do any apparent harm, but d...

Excel 4.0 Macro help files for Excel 2002 do not work
Either from within Excel, or double clicking on the XLMACRO.CHM file from within Windows Explorer, I always get the same screen: Download the updated help screens. I DID THAT, AND IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE! CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT? Have I got the wrong files, or is some switch set wrong somewhere? I've downloaded, installed and added the excel 4.0 macro help functions that are necessary, and into the correct directory. It's located with all the other help files. (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\1033) I've downloaded from 2 update files, and neither makes a diffe...

Strange huge font in my Notes pane. HELP!
I have a problem and cannot find out anywhere what has happened. In 'Normal View' my Notes appear as if they are Font 48 or similar. I am unable to change this and it makes editing or viewing the notes pages in presenter mode very difficult. In 'Notes Master' view they look the correct size, which is Font 12 (I think). Help! Dear Ralph, Go to View > Notes Page (not Notes Master). Right click on the notes page, select Notes Layout, then check Reapply Master. "Ralph Danger" wrote: > > I have a problem and cannot find out anywher...

Need help with outlook and MSN Messenger!!!
Hi all, How do I prevent my Outlook from forwarding the emails I receive to my ISP account to my MSN Messenger's email account? Ever since I Installed office 2003, all the emails which arrive to my ISP's email account are automatically forwarded to my hotmail account and I want to put an end to it. (I am using Outlook 2003 and not outlook express...) Thanks. Bye. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

FRx 6.7 Help with Trees
I have an issue in FRx and one of my trees. We have one of our accounts that is built out of our East Branch (#003) has moved to Northeast Branch (#004) so I need to combine these accounts so that when I run monthly financials they are combined. Is this possible without exporting to excel and adding together. I would think you would be able to if the only segment that changed was our branch number: 003-7456001-&&&& now is 004-7456001-&&&& When I create the new tree, what goes in the branch segment?? I am struggling and need help ASAP!! ...

deleting automatic payments
I had an apay monthly payment that I deleted, but every month it still automatically adds itself. I have to go in and void it manually. if I forget to, a payment will be sent out to an account that no longer exists. how do I fix this? ...

Help
Hello, I have Money 2006 Deluxe. I keep getting this message: Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. I have tried all week. Thanks Frank ...

Scheduling Bond Interest Payment and Cash Dividends from Stocks
How does one schedule bond interest payments and cash dividends from stocks? You can schedule investment purchases, but not other investment events. Any ideas? Thanks! You can't as far as I have found in the past, although I've not looked for quite some time on that. Please send in as a wish - other people I am sure would want the same. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or...