Group Trial Balance Detailed & Summary Reports

Hi there,

We have lots of Trial Balance Detailed & Summary reports (at least one for
every balance sheet account) and I'd like to be able to group several TB
reports to print at one time.  Right now, GP's limitation is to show the
first 32 TB Detailed/Summary Reports in alphabetical order.  It won't show me
the rest and so I am not able to pick the ones I want to group.

This will help my productivity alot!!

Thanks,

Who's Calling, Inc
Financial Reporting Manager

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=99afbd46-f533-4a87-985e-20c17dcfd1c8&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
V (85)

You may want to consider moving to a different report writer, like SQL
Reporting Services. SRS is going to be featured very heavily in v10. You can
also look at report writers like FRx and XL Reporter. Both of the latter
tools understand financial data natively.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"V" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> We have lots of Trial Balance Detailed & Summary reports (at least one for
> every balance sheet account) and I'd like to be able to group several TB
> reports to print at one time.  Right now, GP's limitation is to show the
> first 32 TB Detailed/Summary Reports in alphabetical order.  It won't show me
> the rest and so I am not able to pick the ones I want to group.
>
> This will help my productivity alot!!
>
> Thanks,

> Who's Calling, Inc
> Financial Reporting Manager
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=99afbd46-f533-4a87-985e-20c17dcfd1c8&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)

SQL Reporting Services and GP 10
Hello: Is it possible to associate SQL Reporting Services reports with SOP invoices in GP 10.0 rather than with Report Writer? I know that Accountable Software has Forms Printer, but I believe that that only works with Crystal. And, I know that there are SRS reports written to display data from GP but I do not think that these reports will work in terms of printing invoices or orders from SOP. Thanks! childofthe1980s No not really.. The problem is that when an SOP or POP document is printed, GP needs to be updated. Accountable does that with their Crystal interface but I dont kno...

Reporting Hardware Specs for a 20TB Oracle DB
Hello, I have a requirement for a Reporting Solution for an Enterprise Reporting Solution for a 20TB Oracle (running on Unix) Datawarehouse that does about 150M Transactions a day. There are about 300 users and not more than 30 concurrent users. They already have a MOSS 2007 Installation so i need specs for the SSAS Server which will sit on its own server. My questions are; 1) What should the specs (RAM, Processor, Disk Space) of this SSAS Server be? 2) What would the specs of the SSRS Server be? 3) Any other special considerations? Thanks I'd buy the highest machi...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

Grouping Pie Slices
Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? Hi, Jon shows away of doing this in his article. http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=471 Cheers Andy beeemergyrl wrote: > Is there a way that I can select and group individual pie slices together? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Problems with reports on Money 2004
I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a new UK version available so I cannot upgrade. Can anybody help In microsoft.public.money, Jayne Morris <Jayne Morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having problems getting onto the reports page as everytime it crashes. I >have tried to repair using the disk and uninstalled and re-installed and it >still doesn't work. I am told that there isn't a ne...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

List details in another sheet
Hi, I have a sheet "Data" with transactions by customer. Column A has the Customer ID. In another sheet called "By Customer", the user selects from a drop down a Customer ID, and clicks a button. What I want for this button is to run a macro to get in a 3rd sheet, "Transactions", columns B, C, D and E from the Data sheet, for the selected customer ID. Is that possible? Can somebody help? Thanks, Cecilia Use VLOOKUP http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-vlookup-formula.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Chechu" <cecichi9@hotma...

Categories & Reports in MM 2002? #2
I created a Business classification to keep track of business expenses. Yet, I cannot use any Reports for my Business classification. How do I just limit the Reports for the Business classification? Christopher Paul Billows http://www.accidentaldesign.com "Life is not fair, it is interconnected" -- myself ...

Can Money store bill balances?
Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. Only if you create a liability account, record the bill as a liability, then pay all or part. The balance of the liability account is the balance of the bill. -- Chris Cowles Gainesville, FL "BDK" <BDK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298D90B7-A9CC-4F60-B598-196D52517C16@microsoft.com... > Can money store my bill balances? For instance if I only partially pay a > bill, I'd like to see what my balance is. See also http://u...

Grouping mail by From and To
I would like to be able to create a view which groups email messages by sender AND recipient. In other words I would like each group heading for a given name to contain all the email sent to that name plus all the emails received from that name. Seems like an obvious thing to want to do but is it possible and, if so, how? I don't think you can group by two fields like that (either field having a common value). You could create a search folder that will group mail from & to certain people that that's limited to one contract per search folder <john@antell.org> wrote in ...

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Report on a specific printer, bug in access 2007?
Dear all, in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup" button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However, after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific printer setting has no effect anymore). Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this? (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical for some applications). Regard...

sales report by split sales persons
we have situations where 2 different sales persons sell to the same customer, depending on product group. We select the specific sales person when we enter the sales order. Unfortunately, later when we want to run a sales report, it assigns all the sales to whatever salesperson is shown in the Cards as the default sales person. We need a report that assigns sales to sales persons based on the data from the individual sales orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click th...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

Cost Variance Report and Smartlist
We currently use the Enter/Match Invoice screen to enter payable invoices. I understand that when prices differ, a cost variance report is created/printed. Is there a way to create this report in Smartlist? We currently link the SOP / POP by using the purchase button. What is happening is, if the linked Purchase Order line is received at an incorrect price (found while keying the vendor invoice), when the link is used to drill back from the sales order to the purchase order the incorrect price shows. We would like to use Smartlist to see the original purchase order price and the ...

How do I rotate a grouped object in Excel?
I have grouped some objects in Excel that I need to rotate. I can't activate a rotate handle for the grouped objects. ...

Explanation of Money Performance Report
If i run a perfomance report there are 2 columns for judging performance - "%Rate of Return" & "Annual % Return". I am having a problem understanding the meaning of each column. If I run the report for exactly 1 year then both columns show the exact same numbers for indexes such as Dow Jones Indutrial Average or Nasdaq Composite which I have in my watch list. In the same report for exactly 1 year the 2 columns have very different numbers for my stocks and mutual funds. For example I have a mutual fund which shows 1.28 for % Rate of Return and 21.32 for Annu...

Laying out a Report
I have a database with two tables called Fillers and issues linked. I want to make a report on issues under two different sections of the filler. Fillers Table Model = 6000 S/N 235 J/N 12 Date started Date complete Issues Table Fed/sep Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Filler Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Any suggestions would be appreciated What field is linking Fillers and issues? It looks like you want two records from issuses for every filler record. Is this correct? If so, h...

Recovery Storage Group
Hello. We're running Exchange 2003 SP1 on a Windows 2003 server. I need help with Recovery Storage Groups. I followed the following link to setup my Recovery Storage Group in Exchange: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx Then, I ran the MS Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. It told me: "A recovery storage group exists on server MY_SERVER_NAME. This should only exist during data recovery. Once recovery is complete, the recovery storage group must be deleted through the ESM"... I'm confused. I thought I wanted t...

Upgrading from trial to Money 2005
I've installed a trial version of Money from the Microsoft website and having used it successfully decided to by the 2005 version. I'm having problems when I install 2005 - it says it's going to back up my data file and then convert it but when it tries i get the message that it can't find the data file or it may be write protected. I've checked the data file and it's not write protected and 2005 is definitely looking in the right place for it. Can anyone help please as I don't want to lose the data i've set up. Thanks in advance Tracey In microsoft.pu...

Is any group function which concatenates data?
Hello. In a query as follows I would like to concatenate data instead of aggregating in a field which is not a part of group clause. SELECT invoice_no, device_type, concatenate_text(device_serial),customer FROM t1,t2,t3,t4 WHERE .... group by invoice_no, device_type, customer Full data set without grouping looks like: SRW/1/2010, AAASSSQQWE, sn000001, ABIX SRW/2/2010, AAASSSQQWE, MSD001XXX, ADA SRW/2/2010, AAASSSQQWE, sn000002, ADA SRW/3/2010, AAASSSQQWE, sn000001, ADA SRW/4/2010, AAASSSQQWE, sn000001, ADT I would like to have something like this after group by and "co...